The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

lrw4 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-07, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lrw4 Click to send private message to lrw4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
It is very frustrating that both Sanjaya & Antonella are rating so high with the callers. Anyone else feel this way? They might both be cute, but they are not good singers. Antonella has been so off-key the last 2 weeks that she made me cringe. I could hardly hear Sanjaya because his voice was so weak. Its just not fair to the remaining contestants (& a couple that already left) to keep them on! I hope America sees that they lack talent & vote for the most deserving and best voices next week! In all fairness, they should be at the bottom of the ratings.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... LakerLuv 03-02-07 1
   RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... agman 03-03-07 8
 RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... susang 03-02-07 2
   RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... JessicaRN 03-02-07 3
       RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... prosecutor 03-02-07 4
       RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... agman 03-02-07 6
           RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... YankeeDixieDoodle 03-05-07 10
               RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... YankeeDixieDoodle 03-07-07 15
                   RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... agman 03-07-07 17
 RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... agman 03-02-07 5
 RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... HocusPocus 03-02-07 7
 RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... marchbabe 03-04-07 9
   RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... joannie 03-09-07 27
 RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... bob_chester 03-05-07 11
 vftw brvnkrz 03-05-07 12
   RE: vftw agman 03-05-07 13
       RE: vftw aquariaqueen 03-06-07 14
       RE: vftw brvnkrz 03-07-07 16
           RE: vftw agman 03-07-07 18
           RE: vftw Fishercat 03-08-07 20
 RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... JerseyMidst 03-08-07 19
   RE: Sick of Antonella LisaPles 03-08-07 21
       RE: Sick of Antonella JessicaRN 03-08-07 22
           RE: Sick of Antonella YankeeDixieDoodle 03-09-07 24
 RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go ... bob_chester 03-08-07 23
 One down.... nailbone 03-09-07 25
   RE: One down.... agman 03-09-07 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LakerLuv 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-07, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LakerLuv Click to send private message to LakerLuv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
I can't say it's frustrating because the strongest singers are still on the show. In all fairness, the viewers like Antonella and Sanjaya and that's why they stay. I know this discussion happens every season, but the show is based on talent AND popularity. Like the judges say every week, you have to vote for your favorite and right now, the people who like Antonella and Sanjaya, are voting more than others.

I agree that Antonella should have gone home becuase she has been off key for two weeks and Sanjaya doesn't seem cofindent at all being on the big stage. But their fans are voting and because of that, they deserve to stay. It ain't perfect, but it is what it is! LOL!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-07, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
I hate to say it, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is really as much a singing competition as it is a popularity contest. I hear the judges tell contestants that they didn't do their best but because they are either good looking, or have a great personality, in their opinion, they will remain on the show! Then they will turn around and tell someone else that because they didn't give their best preformance, they might as well pack their bags. I realize that to be a star you need both talent and carisma but if that's what they are looking for, don't just say it's all about the song choice. I know not everyone will agree with me and that's cool, but I just find it bothersome to listen to this every week.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-02-07, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
You hit the nail on the head, lrw4

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-02-07, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
Antonella is not a good singer and I think she has an attitude, but she is really cute and I can see why she might get votes. Sanjaya also is not a good singer, but IMO, he is not cute either. His hair needs some shaping and he is a skinny kid without a lot of charisma. Probably sweet, but he needs to go home and take some lessons to find some power to his voice.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
Sanjaya is a Michael Jackson wannabe he trouble is while Michael talks quiet he belts out his tunes. Sanjaya needs to be himself not copy Michael, I guess the Indian fans are voting for him because he is the first. As for Antonella, she is top 12 for sure. Simon put her through on her looks which to me I swear I see girls with her face all the time so nothing special in the looks department for me there.

03-02-07, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
I don't think Sanjaya could ever get more power in his little voice. He bugs the cr#p out of me. I'm still disappointed to hasn't been booted off. I do, however, agree that Antonella is probably cute enough that in spite of her vocal shortcommings, she will last awhile. I find it Ironic that the judges always drone on about how this is a "singing" contest, yet they are the first ones to critic someone for how they look or what their personality is like. I guess that's the name of the game!agman out(Just Kidding)

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-07, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
Sanjaya's hair is just too "girly" for me. And, the outfit he wore last week, and his song choice, made him look like a prepubescent girl wearing her father's clothes for a children's "talent" show. Especially the hat.

03-07-07, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
He's lost the curls. But, the highlights are just as "girly" IMO.

03-07-07, 07:57 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
I couldn't focus on his look to much last night because I was busy laughing at the hula part of his preformance. It seemed like american idol comedy search.

03-02-07, 08:50 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
I think the only reason Sanjaya and Antonella are still there is so that the judges can keep reminding everyone to vote. That way, their sponsors will keep making tons of money. I think the whole voting process is a farce

HocusPocus 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-02-07, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HocusPocus Click to send private message to HocusPocus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
Antonella is too hot to go home just yet.

Fun Reality TV Games: http://www.Last2Left.com>

marchbabe 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-04-07, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail marchbabe Click to send private message to marchbabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
I have to agree with you. I don't care for either one of them. Antonella is trying to portray herself as something she isn't innocent,nice and a good singer.
Sanjaya is just annoying. He can't sing and it's frustrating and painful to watch. I actually kind of feel sorry for him.
Overall I think they both need to go home!
Enough with the popularity contest people! Let's send these two undeserving people home this coming week.
And keep the people that actually have some singing talent!

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-09-07, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
>And keep the people that actually
>have some singing talent!

Now, now. You CAN'T say that Sanjaya doesn't have talent. I think he has a very nice sweet voice. He always sings on tune. He is only 17 and has far less singing experience than the other guys. He needs to work on his song choice and he needs to be a little less nervous and just let it out.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-05-07, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
I don't like either of them, but appears that viewers seem to disagree. America loves the underdog so the more you complain the more votes they get.
Antonella is not as bad as everybody makes her out to be, but I just don't like her, she seems so immature like a 9 year old or something

Sanjaya OMG this dude yuck yuck yuck, I don't like seeing him. Sort of a young weird Michael Jackson thing going on their. Scaryo.

But anyway people have liked bad ones in the past. So watch it is sort of like the Gladiators. Se la vie

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-07, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "vftw"
vftw.com
That is what is keeping these kids with no talent around.

One nation, under Romber

03-05-07, 11:07 PM (EST)
13. "RE: vftw"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-07 AT 11:08 PM (EST)

Wouldn't that be something if those two made it to the finals!
If that happens I don't think I'll be able to watch the show anymore

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-06-07, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: vftw"
> Wouldn't that be something if
>those two made it to
>the finals!

I hope that doesn't come to fruition!!!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-07, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: vftw"
I would think that at some point, AI must have some control over who wins if it turns out that VFTW is skewing the votes. I would hope anyhow.

Arkie Rocks!!!

03-07-07, 08:44 PM (EST)
18. "RE: vftw"
Normally I would agree 100% with you brvnkrz but after Taylor Hicks won last season, I wouldn't hold my breath. OF course now everyone who liked taylor will take my head off

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-08-07, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: vftw"
And if the viewers find out that their votes don't matter in the end...how long does it take for this show to drop from the #1 ratings spot and super lead-in show to a middle of the packer? Exposure goes down, talent pool goes down, quality goes down, ratings go down, in a big spiral.

Anyway, VFTW doesn't have enough of an influence to be anything but a helper once the Final 16 is reached and established fanbases are made. It is a good helper group, so if they joined Sanjaya's voters, a problem could occur for a few weeks (sort of like Kevin Covais), but they (as much as I wish they did) don't have the power to control the vote.

BTW, VFTW has nothing to do with keeping Sanjaya in. Sundance is their current male pick, and if somehow, both make F12, it will be Antonella.

JerseyMidst 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-08-07, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JerseyMidst Click to send private message to JerseyMidst Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
Don't hate me becasue I am beautiful, hate me because I can't sing. I don't know about Sanjaya, have not heard him belat out a tune, but Antonella needs to find her personality and then maybe her singing would improve. She is trying to look like "Bambie caught in the headlights". Okay for pics and magazine, but which direction does she want her career to go?
Like all /reality' shows, it is a popularity contest, and who can out manuever the next.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-07, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Sick of Antonella "
I am sick of hearing about Antonella. A nineteen year old twit poses for photos in her underwear -BFD! To her dismay, I don't think it's going to make her America's next sex symbol.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-08-07, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Sick of Antonella "
I tried to be sympathetic to her last night, but there is something about her attitude that I find annoying. I liked when she pointed out that the other girls were not better than her, just had a different style. At least Sanjaya seems to realize that he is in over his head, in the singing dept. I'm sure he can hula circles around Chris Sligh.

03-09-07, 04:39 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Sick of Antonella "
IMO, Melinda, Lakisha and Haley, in that order, are better singers than Antonella. And, all the rest are worse than her. Their voices remind me of fingernails on a blackboard. I find Antonella's attitude worse than her voice. She can't take contructive criticism. Or, rejection. I muted her crying jag, upon getting voted off, last night. She hasn't got what it takes to build a musical career.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-08-07, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
ah they are in good company now.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-07, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "One down...."
...one to go.

03-09-07, 06:57 PM (EST)
26. "RE: One down...."
By any chance does that "one to go" happen to be the hula boy?
I still can't get over that! My stomach hurt I was laughing so hard.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •