URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 721
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"

Posted by lrw4 on 03-02-07 at 10:57 AM
It is very frustrating that both Sanjaya & Antonella are rating so high with the callers. Anyone else feel this way? They might both be cute, but they are not good singers. Antonella has been so off-key the last 2 weeks that she made me cringe. I could hardly hear Sanjaya because his voice was so weak. Its just not fair to the remaining contestants (& a couple that already left) to keep them on! I hope America sees that they lack talent & vote for the most deserving and best voices next week! In all fairness, they should be at the bottom of the ratings.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Sanjaya & Antonella need to go home"
Posted by LakerLuv on 03-02-07 at 12:01 PM
I can't say it's frustrating because the strongest singers are still on the show. In all fairness, the viewers like Antonella and Sanjaya and that's why they stay. I know this discussion happens every season, but the show is based on talent AND popularity. Like the judges say every week, you have to vote for your favorite and right now, the people who like Antonella and Sanjaya, are voting more than others.

I agree that Antonella should have gone home becuase she has been off key for two weeks and Sanjaya doesn't seem cofindent at all being on the big stage. But their fans are voting and because of that, they deserve to stay. It ain't perfect, but it is what it is! LOL!

Posted by agman on 03-03-07 at 02:53 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is really as much a singing competition as it is a popularity contest. I hear the judges tell contestants that they didn't do their best but because they are either good looking, or have a great personality, in their opinion, they will remain on the show! Then they will turn around and tell someone else that because they didn't give their best preformance, they might as well pack their bags. I realize that to be a star you need both talent and carisma but if that's what they are looking for, don't just say it's all about the song choice. I know not everyone will agree with me and that's cool, but I just find it bothersome to listen to this every week.

Posted by susang on 03-02-07 at 01:02 PM
You hit the nail on the head, lrw4

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-02-07 at 01:36 PM
Antonella is not a good singer and I think she has an attitude, but she is really cute and I can see why she might get votes. Sanjaya also is not a good singer, but IMO, he is not cute either. His hair needs some shaping and he is a skinny kid without a lot of charisma. Probably sweet, but he needs to go home and take some lessons to find some power to his voice.

Posted by prosecutor on 03-02-07 at 06:33 PM
Sanjaya is a Michael Jackson wannabe he trouble is while Michael talks quiet he belts out his tunes. Sanjaya needs to be himself not copy Michael, I guess the Indian fans are voting for him because he is the first. As for Antonella, she is top 12 for sure. Simon put her through on her looks which to me I swear I see girls with her face all the time so nothing special in the looks department for me there.

Posted by agman on 03-02-07 at 10:04 PM
I don't think Sanjaya could ever get more power in his little voice. He bugs the cr#p out of me. I'm still disappointed to hasn't been booted off. I do, however, agree that Antonella is probably cute enough that in spite of her vocal shortcommings, she will last awhile. I find it Ironic that the judges always drone on about how this is a "singing" contest, yet they are the first ones to critic someone for how they look or what their personality is like. I guess that's the name of the game!agman out(Just Kidding)

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 03-05-07 at 04:01 PM
Sanjaya's hair is just too "girly" for me. And, the outfit he wore last week, and his song choice, made him look like a prepubescent girl wearing her father's clothes for a children's "talent" show. Especially the hat.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 03-07-07 at 05:46 PM
He's lost the curls. But, the highlights are just as "girly" IMO.

Posted by agman on 03-07-07 at 07:57 PM
I couldn't focus on his look to much last night because I was busy laughing at the hula part of his preformance. It seemed like american idol comedy search.

Posted by agman on 03-02-07 at 08:50 PM
I think the only reason Sanjaya and Antonella are still there is so that the judges can keep reminding everyone to vote. That way, their sponsors will keep making tons of money. I think the whole voting process is a farce

Posted by HocusPocus on 03-02-07 at 11:28 PM
Antonella is too hot to go home just yet.

Fun Reality TV Games: http://www.Last2Left.com>

Posted by marchbabe on 03-04-07 at 00:47 AM
I have to agree with you. I don't care for either one of them. Antonella is trying to portray herself as something she isn't innocent,nice and a good singer.
Sanjaya is just annoying. He can't sing and it's frustrating and painful to watch. I actually kind of feel sorry for him.
Overall I think they both need to go home!
Enough with the popularity contest people! Let's send these two undeserving people home this coming week.
And keep the people that actually have some singing talent!

Posted by joannie on 03-09-07 at 07:01 PM
>And keep the people that actually
>have some singing talent!

Now, now. You CAN'T say that Sanjaya doesn't have talent. I think he has a very nice sweet voice. He always sings on tune. He is only 17 and has far less singing experience than the other guys. He needs to work on his song choice and he needs to be a little less nervous and just let it out.

Posted by bob_chester on 03-05-07 at 06:49 PM
I don't like either of them, but appears that viewers seem to disagree. America loves the underdog so the more you complain the more votes they get.
Antonella is not as bad as everybody makes her out to be, but I just don't like her, she seems so immature like a 9 year old or something

Sanjaya OMG this dude yuck yuck yuck, I don't like seeing him. Sort of a young weird Michael Jackson thing going on their. Scaryo.

But anyway people have liked bad ones in the past. So watch it is sort of like the Gladiators. Se la vie

"vftw"
Posted by brvnkrz on 03-05-07 at 07:46 PM
vftw.com
That is what is keeping these kids with no talent around.

One nation, under Romber

"RE: vftw"
Posted by agman on 03-05-07 at 11:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-07 AT 11:08 PM (EST)

Wouldn't that be something if those two made it to the finals!
If that happens I don't think I'll be able to watch the show anymore

Posted by aquariaqueen on 03-06-07 at 10:01 AM
> Wouldn't that be something if
>those two made it to
>the finals!

I hope that doesn't come to fruition!!!

Posted by brvnkrz on 03-07-07 at 06:29 PM
I would think that at some point, AI must have some control over who wins if it turns out that VFTW is skewing the votes. I would hope anyhow.

Arkie Rocks!!!

Posted by agman on 03-07-07 at 08:44 PM
Normally I would agree 100% with you brvnkrz but after Taylor Hicks won last season, I wouldn't hold my breath. OF course now everyone who liked taylor will take my head off

Posted by Fishercat on 03-08-07 at 11:45 AM
And if the viewers find out that their votes don't matter in the end...how long does it take for this show to drop from the #1 ratings spot and super lead-in show to a middle of the packer? Exposure goes down, talent pool goes down, quality goes down, ratings go down, in a big spiral.

Anyway, VFTW doesn't have enough of an influence to be anything but a helper once the Final 16 is reached and established fanbases are made. It is a good helper group, so if they joined Sanjaya's voters, a problem could occur for a few weeks (sort of like Kevin Covais), but they (as much as I wish they did) don't have the power to control the vote.

BTW, VFTW has nothing to do with keeping Sanjaya in. Sundance is their current male pick, and if somehow, both make F12, it will be Antonella.

Posted by JerseyMidst on 03-08-07 at 09:40 AM
Don't hate me becasue I am beautiful, hate me because I can't sing. I don't know about Sanjaya, have not heard him belat out a tune, but Antonella needs to find her personality and then maybe her singing would improve. She is trying to look like "Bambie caught in the headlights". Okay for pics and magazine, but which direction does she want her career to go?
Like all /reality' shows, it is a popularity contest, and who can out manuever the next.

"RE: Sick of Antonella "
Posted by LisaPles on 03-08-07 at 11:52 AM
I am sick of hearing about Antonella. A nineteen year old twit poses for photos in her underwear -BFD! To her dismay, I don't think it's going to make her America's next sex symbol.

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-08-07 at 12:37 PM
I tried to be sympathetic to her last night, but there is something about her attitude that I find annoying. I liked when she pointed out that the other girls were not better than her, just had a different style. At least Sanjaya seems to realize that he is in over his head, in the singing dept. I'm sure he can hula circles around Chris Sligh.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 03-09-07 at 04:39 PM
IMO, Melinda, Lakisha and Haley, in that order, are better singers than Antonella. And, all the rest are worse than her. Their voices remind me of fingernails on a blackboard. I find Antonella's attitude worse than her voice. She can't take contructive criticism. Or, rejection. I muted her crying jag, upon getting voted off, last night. She hasn't got what it takes to build a musical career.

Posted by bob_chester on 03-08-07 at 04:04 PM
ah they are in good company now.

"One down...."
Posted by nailbone on 03-09-07 at 05:02 PM
...one to go.

"RE: One down...."
Posted by agman on 03-09-07 at 06:57 PM
By any chance does that "one to go" happen to be the hula boy?
I still can't get over that! My stomach hurt I was laughing so hard.