The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Paula Freakin Abdul"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-06-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Paula Freakin Abdul"
Ok, we all know that Simon is the straight shooter of the bunch. He's not afraid to speak his mind whether it ends up hurting feelings or not. So it only makes sense that they get a judge who is on the opposite end of the spectrum. But this has truly gotten ridiculous!

If you'll notice, Simon does like some of the performances. He hates a lot of them, but he also likes some too. Paula, on the other hand, might as well just be holding up a sign that reads "I love everybody". She actually applauded Anthony's song last night!!! Now if you didn't see his performance just imagine someone putting your head against the ground, placing a giant nail in your ear and then swinging a giant hammer down on top of the nail. That should give you some idea as to how bad he was. But Paula thought he was the second coming of Frank Sinatra by the way she was talking.

It's time for a new judge to take over the "I love everybody" role. At least give me someone who's coherent.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Paula Freakin Abdul AtlantisRoyal 04-06-05 1
 RE: Paula Freakin Abdul motormouth 04-06-05 2
 RE: Paula Freakin Abdul MarleyCat 04-06-05 3
 RE: Paula Freakin Abdul Devious Weasel 04-06-05 4
 RE: Paula Freakin Abdul trigirl 04-06-05 5
 RE: Paula Freakin Abdul udg 04-06-05 6
   RE: Paula Freakin Abdul Spidey 04-06-05 7
       RE: Paula Freakin Abdul udg 04-06-05 12
           RE: Paula Freakin Abdul Spidey 04-06-05 14
   RE: Paula Freakin Abdul nailbone 04-06-05 10
 RE: Paula Freakin Abdul frisky 04-06-05 8
 Moved Bebo 04-06-05 9
 RE: Paula Freakin Abdul nailbone 04-06-05 11
 RE: Paula Freakin Abdul Smiley11 04-06-05 13
 Re: Paula Harrison 04-07-05 15
 RE: Paula Freakin Abdul johnnyaa 04-08-05 16
 Paula is unfair to Simon TARugh 04-09-05 17
   Paula IS a has-been DawnOfTheDead 04-10-05 18
       RE: Paula IS a has-been DontGetMeStarted 04-10-05 19
           RE: Paula IS a has-been niteowl 04-11-05 20
               RE: Paula IS a has-been Cassandra 04-16-05 22
 04/13 on TVGuide.com tamarama 04-13-05 21
 RE: Paula Freakin Abdul J Slice 04-18-05 23
  Paula's affair? Cassandra 04-21-05 24
   RE: Paula's affair? Ricky 04-22-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AtlantisRoyal 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-06-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
I agree. I used to love Paula, but she's like a broken record this season. In previous seasons I got tired of hearing her say the word "pitchy", but I would really like to hear her say it now. At least it would show me that she was actually listening.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-06-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
I agree. She has lost all credibility in my opinion. I would understand if she felt the need to say something positive in addition to the truth/critisism but she doesn't help anyone by blowing smoke up their a$$es.

*WooHoo, I got me a Syren!*

MarleyCat 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-06-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
Paula needs to stop interrupting Simon. He listens politely while she gushes over every single perfomance...but as soon as he starts talking...she interrupts and Simon rarely gets to finish his comments. He's the only one worth listening too.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
That's Paula Freakin Abdul Estevez to you...

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-06-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
This is the first season of AI I have watched and I cannot believe Paula Abdul. I thought maybe she was drunk or something!

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-06-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
Someone needs to teach her how to clap. The open handed, arms straight out thing is just obnoxious. She looks like a freaking SEAL. Whenever she starts to talk, I sit there rolling my eyes and thinking, "Ark, ark, ark."

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
You didn't read my Final 11 summary, did you?

(I go into great length about the seal thing.)

For shame!!! Summaries rule - and they are hard work. You should read them!

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-06-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-05 AT 04:10 PM (EST)

If you Google "seal clapping" the first hit is talking about Paula! Really.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
Edited, because I got weeks mixed up. Ginger was last week, and you were two weeks ago.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 06:37 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
Holy carp. I just did the google thing and wow. Too funny.

Great minds and all that, huh?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
Whenever she starts to talk, I sit there rolling my eyes and thinking, "Ark, ark, ark."

And then she speaks, and all we hear is "blah blah blah".

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
I'm lookin at the huge skull and crossbones ring on her finger, and I'm thinking -- of all people, why the hell is Paula Abdul with sugar syrup and a cherry on top wearing a death ring? She is so strange.

And the contestants...some of them still go "wow thanks Paula!" when she pants all over them after their performances. If I were them, I would find her patronizing.

The world is my litterbox.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
9. "Moved"
...to the Individual forum.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
They REALLY need to let Simon speak first, because he's the only one that really makes sense, and by the time Paula gets done fawning over the contestant, and interrupting and berating Simon, his comments are severely limited.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Smiley11 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-06-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
I agree!Paula didn't say a harsh word to anyone last night and some of those performances were horrible! I think they need a new judge to replace Paula.

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-07-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
15. "Re: Paula"
I see your point here. She can get tiresome.
But she (or someone like her) is needed to make a show like American Idol work.

As this competition seems in large measure aimed at young and enthusiastic fans of pop music, positive remarks given to each of the contestants lessens the chances of alienating portions of the audience.
As hard as it might be for you or me to believe, everyone on this contest has throngs of adoring fans.
Adoring, enthusiastic, young fans--prime demographics, anyone?

The sponsors (and so, the producers) love to keep those eyes on the screen. Why sour any particular group?
And yes, I am suggesting with this point that Paula is purposefully keeping herself useful to the show with her sugary critiques.

Advantage: Sponsors, Producers, Abdul, the Show.

Second, too much of a good thing is a bad thing.
By this, I mean that Simon ought to be considered the best thing American Idol has going for it.
Everyone waits for his remarks.
Everyone puts stock in his sometimes blunt, always honest appraisal.
For that to work, you need to have something against which his reaction can be contrasted--enter Paula.

Ying/Yang.

For an example of how this should not be handled, you need look no further than that miserable "The Next Starlet" (or whatever it's called) program in which Vivica and Faye each try to out-Simon one another.

It just doesn't work.
If you have the spice, you need the sugar.
If you like your sour, you'll want some sweet.

Sure, Paula is incredible, predictable and mind-numbingly without substance at times.
But she's a useful tool.

Like it or don't, she does make the show work.
But that's not to say she couldn't be replaced in that role...

johnnyaa 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-08-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
Couldn't agree more! Her "Good job!" and "I'm proud of you!" comments used to be somewhat cute. Now they're just plain annoying. Idol could save some money by just recording these comments and playing them back when it was her turn to squeal.

If it wasn't for her exposure on Idol she'd be a has-been performing Friday nights at the Holiday Inn in Mattoon, Illinois (no disrespect intended to anyone from Mattoon).

TARugh 159 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-05, 01:36 AM (EST)
17. "Paula is unfair to Simon"
It seems many folks are quick to jump down Simon's opinionated throat the second he says something negative. Although his thoughts may be viewed as crass, he at least has the respect to NOT interrupt other judges when he does not agree with them.

Paula will gush every show and about every contestant about how wonderful and heroic they are...boring and rolling the eyes of millions of Americans each week. Simon says nothing during her drunken stooper love confessions of each Idoler.

Then, the 'cold hearted snake' speaks. Simon, the only judge with credible reasoning, will say what is on most of our minds. (Reference to Simon's response to Ukrainian Clay's 'Sound of Music' crapola) Paula will not let Simon have an opinion unless in the rare situation where he actually agrees with her. The second he says anything against her original thought, she interrupts with her nonsense. As if she has an arguement.

I'd love to hear Simon lose it, turn to Paula and say (in representation for all of us) "Paula, shut the {BEEEEP) up you (BEEEP BEEEP) stupid (BEEEEP BEEEEP BEEEP) and (BEEP BEEEP).

I'd watch more often just to see Paula put in her place.

Hey...I'm sadistic, what can I say?

DawnOfTheDead 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-10-05, 00:05 AM (EST)
18. "Paula IS a has-been"
It's funny how people use the term "15 minutes of fame" when referring to past AI contestants. Sure, Justin Guarini never even got 15 minutes (his time expired after two seconds), but how Paula Abdul has managed to stretch HER "15 minutes of fame" with this AI gig is truly a question for the Gods.

Her schtick wore tired halfway through the second season. If it weren't for this show, she'd probably be a shoe-in for the twelfth season of "The Surreal Life" or better yet, peddling plastic jewelry on QVC.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-10-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Paula IS a has-been"
Well she is on tv we are not, so it seems like her 15 minutes is longer lasting than say, mine.

Hey, that must be it- Paula nabbed MY 15 minutes! That should be ME up there with Simon

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-05, 05:08 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Paula IS a has-been"
I think Paula nabbed a LOT of people's 15 minutes, I mean add 'em all up! I lived through the '80's and I barely noticed her THEN!

Cassandra 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-16-05, 02:54 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Paula IS a has-been"
At eonline, Kristen has blind items, usually about some misbehaving TV celebrity. This week she discusses a "constant" on a hit TV series that the producers wanted to fire before season three but didn't because of the begging, crying, etc. from the potential firee. It totally seemed like something Paula would do since she considers AI her springboard for a big comeback. Notice Kristen never uses the term actress when describing the person. What do you guys think?

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Archive2005/050415c.html

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-13-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
21. "04/13 on TVGuide.com"
Crack me up!!

American Idol
It's official. Paula Abdul needs an intervention. First off, nobody is that peppy without some serious street-grade "assistance." And second, the woman only has a career because her dancing helped us overlook those crappy songs, and now she's wobbling around that table like a high-schooler who's had eight too many Zimas at an Applebee's happy hour. Granted, maybe Simon's abuse has driven her to huffing or something, but it's getting ugly. She's interrupting her fellow judges, doing that Frankenstein-monster clap and calling people "bright lights" or whatever. Honey, that's just the swirlies. Get some rest and they'll go away, OK? Hopefully, the same can be said about a certain way-past-his-welcome wannabe who shall remain nameless. As should whoever came up with the theme of Songs from the Year You Were Born. Lame. Thankfully, at least half of the hopefuls pulled it off and gave us some good stuff. The others? Well, they looked nice, right?

(followed by critiques of each singer...most of which are pretty spot-on)

http://www.tvguide.com/tv/watercooler/

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-05, 07:02 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Paula Freakin Abdul"
I vote in favor of replacing her with MC Skat Katt.

Twelve steps forward, twelve steps back...

Cassandra 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-21-05, 10:11 PM (EST)
24. " Paula's affair? "
Corey Clarke who got thrown off the show for assaulting his sister is now claiming he had an affair with Paula when he was on the show. Also, that she promised to spend millions helping his career. (I doubt she has enough money.) Given Corey's history, this has to be taken with a grain of salt. But maybe this would explain why Paula is never critical of their "performance" since she may be hoping for a horizontal one later. Guess Corey is shooting for a new career as professional gigolo and snitch of sorts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7591639/

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-22-05, 02:46 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Paula's affair? "
Yeah, Corey is just trying to pitch a book deal. I'll bet it's not really true.

But then again with Paula you never know.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •