The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"10/22 Catfights"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-23-08, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"10/22 Catfights"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-08 AT 08:18 AM (EST)

Holy cow, that had to be one of the best shows in a long time. Sheena sprinted her way to the top of my fav list, squarely knocking my former fav, Elina, off the top. Wow!

Who'd have thought that Sheena would be the sane, calm one of the bunch, huh? Love that girl!

Don't you just love the irony of Marjorie, the girl who said that "Europeans don't cry" was crying during her commercial shoot. Pfffttt! Done with you, too!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 10/22 Catfights Q 10-23-08 1
 RE: 10/22 Catfights Carezy 10-23-08 2
   RE: 10/22 Catfights flystorms 10-23-08 3
       RE: 10/22 Catfights Q 10-23-08 4
 RE: 10/22 Catfights toddE 10-23-08 5
   RE: 10/22 Catfights Carezy 10-27-08 6
       RE: 10/22 Catfights toddE 10-28-08 7
           RE: 10/22 Catfights Carezy 10-29-08 8
 RE: 10/22 Catfights Q 10-29-08 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-23-08, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 10/22 Catfights"
I too am sick of my former favorite Marjorie. I always thought Elina was way too stiff. But this is America's next top model, not former-euro next top model. Therefore, either put up or shut up and move on. Do you mean to tell me that Paulina, Twiggy and other european nationals did not alter their persona to fit the current market they are trying to be a part of? Come on.

That said, I think they are using that as an excuse, and I'm not even sure why, as they are both very good looking and have it in them to blow us away.

And you are right about Marjorie, she can cry all the time when she wants to.

I think the buzz about the winner being obvious from the get-go is falling to Annaleigh. She is clearly the most cover-girl of the bunch and I think this is hers to lose.

I am hoping for a Annaleigh, Marjorie final as I can never stay mad at Marjorie for some reason. I mean look at this post, I start off being sick of her and by this line of text I like her again, LOL. I guess I'm just a crazy American who can't make up his mind. Perhaps I should cry about it?

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Carezy 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-23-08, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Carezy Click to send private message to Carezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 10/22 Catfights"

I read this on another board, and I thought I would copy it hear as I agree with most of what was said.

"I don't understand why people have such a hard time with Elina and Marjorie pointing out the cultural differences between how they were raised and how many American children are raised. Even if you're only in Europe for the first few years of your life, that's going to be pretty ##### formative in your development. And if your parents are very emotionally controlled (aka Elina) then that cultural training is going to come with you. I don't see that as an excuse at all - neither of them are trying to get out of anything. Elina has used it for an explanation (not excuse) for her controlled nature, which she is trying to change. Marjorie has used it as an explanation for her awkwardness/shyness, which she chooses to work with. How is it bad to understand your upbringing, and to try to explain that to the people around you?"

I agree that they are mearly using their upbringing as an explination to why they are the way they are. After they came to America, their parents didn't change... therefore their upbringing stayed the same. Maybe that's one of the reasons Elina isn't fond of her mother, she's too controling and that rubbed off onto her.

Anyway, I just agreed with the fact that they were explaining why they are the way they are, and not just making excuses. They're both trying to change. Sheena should get off her high horse. Sam shouldn't even be in that competition. Not everyone's family is the same as yours. The way people are brought up has a huge effect on who they become. Don't juge people because of that...

I love Analeigh... her commecial was amazing!! I think Sheena's was well done as well. As for the rest of the call out order, terrible. Elina's commercial was better than Sam, Mckey, Marjorie and Jocelyn's. Just because she looked down at the end... I mean come on. Just because she was "controlled" it doesn't mean it made a bad commercial. Sam's wasn't 3rd... that bothers me. Mckey shouldn't talk, her mouth is so annoying.

Anyway, I guess you can clearly tell who I like... lol.

1. Elina
2. Analeigh

3. Marjorie
4. Sheena

5. Mckey
6. Sam

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-23-08, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 10/22 Catfights"
You know, I agree with you to a point about the girls upbringing. I spent a sevaral years over in Europe when I was in the military. I had some local friends as well as the usual American friends on base.

To some extent, I can see where these girls are coming from with how they were brought up, but at the same time, I really think they're using it as a shield now, Marjorie moreso than Elina.

Here we are definitely brought up to be more vocal with our expressions and feelings. But these girls were brought over at a young age; an age young enough that they should've imprinted more with their American counterparts at school. Neither have accents from their former languages, which shows an example that they became Americanized.

I was always amazed at some of the military families who put their kids into German schools. The kids learned the language quickly and learned how to fit in even more quickly. Kids are resiliant up to about the age of 10. They figure out survival.

I do think that Elina's mother may have more to do with her fears and hiding behind control rather than how she was raised here in teh states. Anyone with a controlling parent might react the same way, not just here in the States.

Marjorie is using her crap as an excuse. I don't buy it at all.

Whew. Rant over. Sorry.

10-23-08, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 10/22 Catfights"
I think both may come down to mother issues (isn't everything? Paging Dr. Freud!). Marjorie was brought over and then HOME SCHOOLED. So how is she to become Americanized at all if she is shielded from her peers? I once again will now blame both their mothers, like the good son I am.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-23-08, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 10/22 Catfights"
This is kind of off topic, but if AnnaLeigh wins, it will really show that this show is all about Cover Girl, not so much about being a top model.

Whitney was great last season (a sort of weak season) and she is a total cover girl. Compared to, say, Jaslene, the most recent winner who actually looks like a model but is certainly NOT a Cover Girl.

With McKey, Elina and Marjorie being three of the best girls to ever be on this show, I would be very disappointed if AnnaLeigh wins, even though I agree she probably will, and she is the best suited to Cover Girl.

10-27-08, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Carezy Click to send private message to Carezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 10/22 Catfights"
I agree with you that if Annaleigh wins it has to do with her Cover Girl look, but last season I was really hoping Katarzina (can't spell) would win. She took beautiful pictures, and she was very adaptable to any look. Tyra was saying she needed to show more personality, but all the girls in the house said she was hilarious and very likeable. Tyra knows who she wants to win before the real competition starts... she picks pictures to mold the decision that way... she praises them or creates an obstacle to overcome. It's pretty annoying.

I'm not really a fan of Mckey. I think she has had one or two good photos, but overall I just don't see model. I think as soon as she starts to talk, she looks pretty weird. Her mouth just moves really oddly (if that's even a word). We don't really know much about her, she isn't a promanent person this season. They are showing her as much as they showed Kat... Every other girl left has had 5x more airtime than her.

I'm probably wrong though... she'll probably win.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-28-08, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 10/22 Catfights"
Your point is well taken. McKey will definitely not win. Tyra does indeed, especially in the last 3 or 4 cycles, appear to have pre-chosen her winner.

The lack of personality girl is always doomed. Elina and Marjorie seem to have the "obstacles" Tyra likes to highlight so they might win, but AnnaLeigh appears to have the "winner edit" so we shall see what happens with that.

10-29-08, 12:22 PM (EST)
8. "RE: 10/22 Catfights"
AGREED.

I would honestly be happy with any of Elina, Marjorie or Annaleigh winning... Annaleigh (don't forget) was in the bottom two the week of the swim suit shoot, so she overcame that and has been strong ever since. We have been seeing a lot of positive coming from her direction, it's pretty hard to find anything WRONG with her. To some, E&M have had some negative comments, negative opinions... so not everyone will like them.

IT WILL BE INTERESTING... I just really really really don't want Sam to win, and I really don't want Mckey to win either.

10-29-08, 01:48 PM (EST)
9. "RE: 10/22 Catfights"
And at least we will not be pre-empted tonight either. I cannot take another no ANTM week, especially during this barrage of political ads. That and I voted already, so I need my ANTM fix.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •