The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"on ebony's quitting"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

Peyton414 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-25-07, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peyton414 Click to send private message to Peyton414 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"on ebony's quitting"
what's with all the girls this season who dont want to be models??? i have to say i disliked her from the beginning. she always seemed to think she was so high and mighty. personally, im glad she left so that ambrielle could have another chance. (although i dont think this extra chance will help her that much)

on another note, biance is growing on me. (as much as i hate to admit it) she doesnt seem like the cutthroat ##### she was in the beginning of the season.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: on ebony's quitting mistyrose52 10-25-07 1
   RE: on ebony's quitting qwertypie 10-25-07 2
       RE: on ebony's quitting lynkfri13 10-25-07 3
 RE: on ebony's quitting ZnittyK 10-25-07 4
   RE: on ebony's quitting SFM0407 10-25-07 5
       RE: on ebony's quitting ZnittyK 10-25-07 6
           RE: on ebony's quitting Peyton414 10-26-07 8
               RE: on ebony's quitting qwertypie 10-26-07 10
   RE: on ebony's quitting amanda11694 11-08-07 16
 RE: on ebony's quitting topmodelchick 10-25-07 7
   RE: on ebony's quitting amanda11694 10-26-07 11
 RE: on ebony's quitting Peyton414 10-26-07 9
   Bianca lynkfri13 10-26-07 12
       RE: Bianca amanda11694 10-29-07 13
 RE: on ebony's quitting alecab01 10-29-07 14
   RE: on ebony's quitting Peyton414 10-29-07 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-25-07, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
As much as I've tried, I just cannot get into this season! It just seems like the same old stuff, with new faces.

I flip back and forth, and it's like I'm flashing back to episode 4, or 5, or was it 3?? It's just a new face, and a little different drama! I really hope this show is on its last leg-I think Tyra has really worn it to its end.

When you think about it, how many of these girls have really become anything after all the humility and garbage they've had to go through on this show? The only memorable model is Adrienne, and that is in a really unfavorable way. Sad....

Sorry, should not have vented on YOUR post, but I'm adding to WHY they would walk out. The bigger picture, maybe??

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-25-07, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
Does she have to return the weave? (that's what I really want to know)

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-25-07, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-07 AT 11:50 AM (EST)

I actually think Ebony did what was right for herself. Tyra and the rest of the panel are always emphasizing how rough a model's life can be. If Ebony can see now that it isn't for her, she's right to leave.

Tyra was petty for calling her "unattractive" and a quitter. I think Tyra was just annoyed that Ebony left before Tyra told her she was out.

I think its better that Ebony use her own head, leave now and give the girls who want it a chance.

BTW- we're at episode what? 5? And I am only now figuring out who is who. Last week I couldn't keep track of the names.

Aside from Heather, who I like, and Bianca, who's getting a little less B!tchy... no-one really stands out. This season is the most tedious ever.

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-25-07, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-07 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

Peyton414:
That is exactly what I was thinking. None of these girls are really into it. Does anyone think this is the last of the girls walking out on this show lol? I actually liked the way Ebony photographed for that Akademiks Campaign. I also don't think Ambrielle's second chance will help her that much.

mistyrose52
That is how I felt about last season. I absolutely despised last season. Terrible!! I always thought the same thing about the success of the girls. Some of them do get a little bit of exposure then it dies down very quickly. Usually until the they choose the next winner of the cycle. I thought I was the only one who thought that Tyra was really humiliating these girls.

lynkfri13
I didn't like that Tyra called her a quitter either. If you think you want to do something and when you finally get the chance and you realize you don't like it b/c it doesn't make you happy, then why continue to do it? She made a smart decision. Why stay in a place when you aren't happy? You are correct. Tyra just wanted to get the chance to eliminate Ebony, and the tables got turned on Tyra and she didn't like it. People experience things all the time and change their minds because its not what they really want. Just like Tyra got upset because Tiffany didn't cry because of her being eliminated.

qwertypie, LMAO!

SFM0407 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-25-07, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SFM0407 Click to send private message to SFM0407 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
I think I might be in the minority here with my thoughts. I don't think Tyra called Ebony unattractive AND a quitter...she said that she thought quitting was unattractive. And it is...if you watched the audition part at the very end of the show Ebony made this huge stink about wanting the chance to be a model, that this was what she was meant to do and blah blah blah...seemed to me as the show went on and she wasn't the "one to watch" so to speak she got upset and decided that this wasn't for her. Some people can take criticism and some can't. Ebony couldn't. I'm sure atthe time Ebony really believed that her reason for leaving the show was because she missed her family, but it seems funny to me that as the show went on and the more she failed as a model her family became important to her.

I don't think Tyra is humiliating these girls. I had a friend in High School (15 years ago) who was a model. She was thin, and pretty and confident like a lot of these girls are and OMG, when she went on go sees and to jobs the stuff that she heard about her face, her body, and even her personality almost destroyed her. She ended up modelling for only a few years before giving it up. She said that a lot of times people talked about her like she wasn't even there. I think what Tyra is doing is getting these girls ready for some harsh realities coming at them down the way.

As for the last few cycles of girls. I have to say that this season is WAY better than last season. Jaslene and her commercials drive me crazy! It bothers me that so much was made about Danielle's southern accent two cycles ago but NOTHING was said about Jaslene and her nasal, tone deaf way of speaking! I can barely understand her!! As for the previous girls I have seen Caridee, Mercedes and of course Jaslene. I know that Yoanna had a show on the fashion network (not sure if it's still on) and frankly I know I'm not buying all the magazines out there to search for my faves. lol, that's way too much moula! A lot of the girls have myspace pages that I go onto and check out their latest works. Shandi cut her hair and has been doing a lot of runway work.

I think Heather is going to take this competition! Has anyone noticed she is the model of the week every week!? I love Heather! If Bianca weren't such a witch I would like her too, though I have to say I was pleased that she was being nice to Heather even though she thinks Heather is her biggest rival and I was pleased to see her smiling with her eyes. (Has anyone tried this in front of their own mirror...not so easy to do! LOL)

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-25-07, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-07 AT 03:27 PM (EST)

Ebony did say that she couldn't handle it, sorry for that guys. I apologize. Ebony was in the bottom two in the first week of being in the house. After that Tyra mostly had good stuff to say about her photos. Maybe she doesn't like Mr. Jay lol. It was just her so called "funky attitude" during panel. I still think if you cannot handle it then you shouldn't be modeling.

What I am saying about humiliating has nothing to do with the judging panel talking about their pictures. I know that they already do that in the modeling industry, and if you don't have strong skin, wooo you will be destroyed. I have also realized that a lot of the girls on this show with a few exceptions don't know crap about the modeling industry lol. The go see's when they reach another country is good for the girls. The makeover that they are crying and whinning about lol is also good. But some of the stuff Tyra does in between is just embarrassing. Especially at the casting call. Some of the stuff they do in the judging panel is humiliating aside of the critique on their looks and their photos. She does have some truth in her stuff but of course this is a reality show first so she has to throw some nonsense in there.

I don't really care for Heather. I don't see the big buzz over her. But I really think she is going to win. I will be very shocked if I am wrong. Extremely shocked!

10-26-07, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peyton414 Click to send private message to Peyton414 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
i have to say i agree with you about heather. and lemme set this straight before people jump down my throat. i think it is so admirable that she is able to overcome such tremendous obstacles. that being said, i think she is being favored over the other girls. i didn't necessarily like it when she pointed out all the other girls flaws. its kind of like when you complain about your kid or parents to a friend. they can listen and talk about their own parents and kids, but they CANNOT talk about yours. its just an unspoken rule.

all my feelings aside, i think heather takes good pictures. no one can deny how photogenic she is. however, a top model also must have a presence. i just do not see heather being able to command the attention of everyone around.

despite all that ive said, i think heather is going to win

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-26-07, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
If I remember correctly, I think the other models asked her what she saw their flaws as. One of the problems that many people with Aspergers face is that they have to be explicitly taught social rules that the rest of us learn instinctively. She was following the rule to answer questions honestly (and IMO, in order to fit in as well as she does, she studies the people around her closely), but maybe has never been taught the rule about pointing out other people's flaws.
I don't know whether she'll win or not or whether she can handle the pressure or not. I just hope she knows what she is getting into.

amanda11694 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-08-07, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail amanda11694 Click to send private message to amanda11694 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
HA!
Ambreal's second chance has done her good! She made it into the next week and wasn't in the bottom two. Maybe her pictures will get stronger too.

topmodelchick 38 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-07, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail topmodelchick Click to send private message to topmodelchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
This episode finally is giving us something to talk about - yippee...

I am actually starting to feel Bianca also, too bad her rep is spoiled by her previous bad acts....

This season, I can't really see any of these girls being models, they are alll very ho hum...

Please, please let her keep the weave, lest she go back to the dime store wig....

I think that what Tyra said about a quitter being unattractive is true. I think that Eboni is so used to being the pretty girl that she couldn't handle anyone telling her the truth about her self. She might be pretty, and maybe she was uncomfortable, but she had no presence and every week she just showed up all stank at the judges panel, it was irritating. I think she put on the stank face just in case they said anything bad about her, that was her defense instead of just being able to walk in there and listen and take the criticism.

I also agree with the poster that said that Tyra is not humiliating these girls. Sometimes her picture choices are suspect, but she seems to really be letting them know how the industry will be to them.

I also commented last night about Jaslene's inability to talk. Tyra never once got on her like she did Danielle and look at how Danielle has progressed.

I don't know about Heather winning, she's a pretty good model but in reality she realy has no presence either, she's not as bad as Eboni, but she just doesn't have too much....I don't mind her, but I just think that tooo many people are being very symathetic when they pick her as the whatever of the week everytime. It's not always true. But I guess since no one else is shining it might as well be her....

I love coming here an disecting with everyone the previous top model madness, its so fun everyweek....

10-26-07, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amanda11694 Click to send private message to amanda11694 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
I wonder why Tyra never made any comments on Jaslene's speech, she sometimes talks to fast. When I saw Dani last week, her speech improved a lot. To bad her cover girl commercials didn't sound like that.

Who from this cycle do you picture doing cover girl commericials?

10-26-07, 11:21 AM (EST)
9. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
i think i need to correct myself. on my original post i admitted that bianca was growing on me. well, i saw a couple episodes again. "you are borderline plussize." (to saleisha) "give up. go home." (to lisa)

i think those are biancas true colors. i forgot about her false apology. personally, i think this nice girl act is a ploy for panel.

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-26-07, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Bianca"
>i think i need to correct
>myself. on my original post
>i admitted that bianca was
>growing on me. well, i
>saw a couple episodes again.
>"you are borderline plussize." (to
>saleisha) "give up. go home."
>(to lisa)
>

I'd forgotten just how nasty she was. Thanks for reminding me, I was starting to forgive her, but she was truly awful. She wasn't just grouchy, she was purposely giving personal insults to the other girls.

To me, this is ugliness that no makeover or good pictures can cover up.

I wish Tyra would call out the girls when they really are behaving terribly. Unfortunately I think they may stay longer because Tyra is also thinking about keeping ratings up, and the conflicts make for "drama".

10-29-07, 10:24 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Bianca"
Sometimes the girls will behave badly, but then they do great in the photoshoot, Tyra should mention their bad behavior in panel.

alecab01 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-29-07, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alecab01 Click to send private message to alecab01 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-07 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

I TOTALLY agree with Peyton414 on the statement in regards to Ebony, but I don't agree with Tyra and her judgement of Ebony's decision. Tyra Banks has no right to call anyone a quitter much less un-attractive. I think she needs to remember her humble beginnings before judging others…

10-29-07, 05:37 PM (EST)
15. "RE: on ebony's quitting"
i think what tyra actual said was that quitting is a very unattractive quality. not quite the same as calling someone ugly

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •