The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Eclipse!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

foonermints 13916 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-20-17, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Eclipse!"
We've been beating around the Bush! It looks like an overcast here.. so Ho Hum. What about the rest of you Five Rummies that visit this site?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Eclipse! kingfish 08-20-17 1
 RE: The Eclipse! jbug 08-20-17 2
 RE: The Eclipse! cahaya 08-20-17 3
 Waaal.. foonermints 08-21-17 4
   Not bad... cahaya 08-21-17 5
       RE: Not bad... foonermints 08-21-17 6
 RE: The Eclipse! foonermints 08-21-17 7
 RE: The Eclipse! kingfish 08-22-17 8
   RE: The Eclipse! foonermints 08-23-17 9
       RE: The Eclipse! kingfish 08-23-17 10
           Eclipse City! foonermints 08-24-17 11
 RE: The Eclipse! foonermints 08-29-17 12
 RE: The Eclipse! kingfish 09-01-17 13
 RE: The Eclipse! Molaholic 09-02-17 14
   RE: The Eclipse! kingfish 09-02-17 15
       RE: The Eclipse! Molaholic 09-02-17 16
   RE: The Eclipse! Norbert89 09-11-17 17
 RE: The Eclipse! kingfish 09-15-17 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 19865 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-17, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Eclipse!"
I plan to float around in a swimming pool with an umbrella drink(s). Most days for the past two-three weeks have been overcast and rainy, but many days, in the middle of the day, the clouds break and it's been sunglasses weather.

But no matter what, sunny and clear skies or no sun and cloudy skies, the eclipse will be a drinking event.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 17065 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-17, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Eclipse!"
supposed to be cloudy here; but the weather is often wrong so who knows....it could be bright and sunny.
I have to drive into Memphis to the social security office.
I have no plans to watch it - I don't have any special glasses anyway. One detached retina and the double vision problems I have are more than enough trouble for seeing. I don't want any more.
I'm sure there will be plenty of ways to see something on-line.

cahaya 19598 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-17, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Eclipse!"
As I mentioned earlier, I got some clipse glasses for me and my family watch the eclipse, which peaks at 93.9% at 2:25 here.

The weather might be iffy, partly cloudy with a 30% chance of a stray thunderstorm/cloudburst. Hope the weather holds up.

We're smack dab in the middle of the totality path of the coming eclipse on April 8, 2024, so that might be the chance to see a bona fide full eclipse. I decided not to make the 3 drive hour south from here to Kentucky to view it this year.

08-21-17, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Waaal.."
I imagine if you are going to "do" the Eclipse, may as well go "whole hog"..

http://oregoneclipse2017.com/?mc_cid=0d4c7204ba&mc_eid=c273c5b0a3

Handcrafted by RollDdice
That's where my girlfriend is.

cahaya 19598 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-17, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Not bad..."
The weather held up okay, with scattered, large clouds obscuring the sun for a minute or two here and there abd enough clear sky times to get a good peek. A lot of university staff and students gathered outside to have a look and I loaned my extra glasses for them to pass around (and collect afterward!). I took some iPhone pics through the filter but they didn't come out well enough to be post-worthy.

Can't wait 'til April 2024 for the total eclipse coming through here (well, maybe I can, that's still almost 7 years away!).

08-21-17, 07:13 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Not bad..."
I got it wrong. Only covered about 60%. Ah well, it cleared up enough to see it!

08-21-17, 09:59 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Eclipse!"
Word-On-The-Street has it that a baby was born during the Eclipse, and, appropriately named "Eclipse".

Got nothing on "The Woodstock Baby" by John Craigie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6itWCmSZv0c
Cut and paste, Lazies!

08-22-17, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Eclipse!"
I hope no one named their baby Norbert. I'd have to hunt them and their baby down and kill them if they did.

08-23-17, 03:17 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Eclipse!"
Shoulda been there..

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/08/22/25367877/i-watched-the-eclipse-with-70000-hippies-on-an-oregon-prairie

08-23-17, 04:00 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Eclipse!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-17 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

God, I do love hippie chicks.

Actually, that scene is what would have been great, to me. The get together, the personal experience. I mean, the eclipse is a cool astronomical event too, but it was really really overhyped, the real fun would have been in the people.

Maybe I 2024 I'll be a bit less eclipse cynical, but I'll never be less hippie chick cynical.

08-24-17, 05:15 PM (EST)
11. "Eclipse City!"

The Rancher owns 11,000 acres. In one week he may have cleared about 25 million. Of course, trash cleanup may even it out..

Handcrafted by RollDdice
Leave it to my girlfriend to hitch a ride on his private plane..

08-29-17, 11:44 AM (EST)
12. "RE: The Eclipse!"
bump

09-01-17, 08:45 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Eclipse!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-17 AT 08:46 PM (EST)

bump. Again.

Molaholic 9005 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-17, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Eclipse!"
I actually took 2 days off work (unpaid...) and flew to Missouri for a totality center-line spot in St. Joseph.

What I got was clouds and rain. No view of the sun at all. However, when totality did strike, it was DARK -- I mean night-time DARK. This arrived about a minute before totality, lasting about a minute past for a total of about 5. Very very eerie. I was with a small group of about 5-6 other folks just outside my hotel room.

That night was even more rain, thunder, and lightning. Not something I'm familiar with here in SoCal.

Fortunately the flooding that hit Kansas City did not affect my flight home Tuesday (though the early morning flights were delayed).

Plans are already under construction for 4/8/2024.

09-02-17, 05:20 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Eclipse!"
A massive Peepmeet eclipse event sounds like a one idea. For those of us still alive and somewhat mobile.

Molaholic 9005 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-17, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Eclipse!"
You've got my vote.

Norbert89 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-11-17, 06:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Norbert89 Click to send private message to Norbert89 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Eclipse!"
The best thing you did. This Eclipse was one to watch... Don't regret the loss of 2 day pay. And don't try to drop the 2024 one.
Best wishes for the next one. And sorry that You couldn't enjoy the one passed.

09-15-17, 03:03 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Eclipse!"
Good night Alene.

This is not an home improvement board. Beyond these gates lie Snark, Snark, and the occasional snarkiness.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •