The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Gone With the Wind" gone...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 17062 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-27-17, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Gone With the Wind" gone...."
"Gone With the Wind" gone from the Orpheum Theater in downtown Memphis.
This is getting crazy. And a lot of season ticket holders are not happy and say they won't be back. It will be sad if this beautiful venue closes due to lack of attendance after this decision.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/wind-pulled-theater-due-racial-content-article-1.3446989

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Wrong! foonermints 08-27-17 1
   RE: Wrong! kingfish 08-27-17 2
       RE: Wrong! cahaya 08-28-17 3
           RE: Wrong! foonermints 08-29-17 4
               RE: Wrong! cahaya 08-29-17 5
 RE: "Gone With the Wind" gone.... kingfish 09-01-17 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

foonermints 13899 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-17, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Wrong!"
To rewrite history. I don't like the fact that any Confederate statues are removed, either. They are all a part of American history.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 19841 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-17, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wrong!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-17 AT 11:59 AM (EST)

It's a long and slippery slope when we start removing everything that that offends anyone. A lot of high schools, streets, and probably towns are named after confederate generals.

I would think that native americans would be sensitive to any tributes to Andrew Jackson who was an unrepentant slave owner as well as the trail of tears guy who forcibly relocated Cherokees et.al. westward (and I for one am not going to burn up my $20 dollar bills). Or Union General Sherman who used eradication of the buffalo herds to starve Native Americans who depended on them into submission.

And there are a lot of people who are offended by MLK statues, streets, schools, etc. It's only a matter of time before those and every other historical reference has to be removed because of the oversensitive PC nature of placating one group or another.

History is history. If someone wants to put up a Hitler statue in a lawful way, let them. If someone else objects, let them dispute it and try to get it removed legally. If someone wants to fly a Confederate flag, let them.

We have a constitutionally protected right to freedom of expression, and we should fight to preserve that right for everyone, not just for those with whom we agree.

cahaya 19595 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-17, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wrong!"
Indeed, history is history (and sometimes herstory), but some people insist on making history no story. Let the old statues stand as they had for decades with pigeons dropping on them, let the old classic movies screen where they have for years while couples make out in the theater seats, let what was in the past remain in the past which most people already forget rather than make a present-day issue out of it.

agman's world

But putting up that Adoph statue in Germany is a crime, ya know.

foonermints 13899 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-17, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wrong!"
Is this that "Adolph" we read about in books? Maybe false news, according to the new kids on the block. You can now pass through the school system here with only a "D" grade..

cahaya 19595 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-17, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wrong!"
You can now pass through the school system here with only a "D" grade...

Much to my surprise, my 8th grade daughter's teachers told us during parent-teacher open-house that they hand back subpar homework and allow students to make corrections, as well as retake tests that they did poorly on, until they get a good grade.

There's really no excuse for getting at least a B.

A high percentage of her classmates (and her, too!) are 4.0 GPA students. Back in my day, maybe only one or two students could pull that off (not me, either, I was a 3.5'er).

kingfish 19841 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-17, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "Gone With the Wind" gone...."
Bumping. Wish we could bump ourselves off the list that seems to be circulating.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •