The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What are ya'll up to these days?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-07-14, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What are ya'll up to these days?"
I thought I'd share an update of what's going on with DH and me.

Parkinson's Disease is a roller coaster. Michael J Fox once said "It's the disease that just keeps on giving" and he is right.

DH got a PEG in Dec 2012. Sometimes he has to depend on the PEG for all nutrition and all meds (dissolved of course) because he strangles and chokes when he tries to eat or drink.
Then for some reason he'll be able to swallow if he is really careful.
He's been going to speech (& swallow) therapy since early March. In April we saw an ENT who recommended an esophageal myotomy (go down his throat and cut the muscle to relax it so food can go down).
He had the surgery; then aspirated; got pneumonia; got better & has been able to eat; then throat closing up again. We've seen more barium swallow tests than most doctors!
Anyway, we continue therapy; considering an esophageal dilation for the current narrowing.
Overall, he still gets around pretty well; can't walk far but with a cane he manages.

You can imagine with all this, I have been taking off work quite a bit.
Well, In April, 2 days before his throat surgery, my bosses tell me they have to get a back up for me cause I am out so much.
As the talk continues, it becomes clear they are not talking back up; they are talking replacement.
So I have been training my own replacement now for about 4 weeks (2 to 3 days a week) and he'll start full time next week.
When he's able to take it over, I'll be out of a job.
Too bad we have so few employees; FMLA only protects employees when the company has 50+ employees.
I need to ride this out because I need the insurance for as long as I can keep it; once I'm out of a job, I'm out of insurance.

Now, what's going on in your life?
I want to hear some GOOD stuff! (tho I'll share the space here for your troubles too).

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What are ya'll up to these days... kingfish 08-07-14 1
   RE: What are ya'll up to these days... jbug 08-07-14 2
       RE: What are ya'll up to these days... kingfish 08-07-14 3
 RE: What are ya'll up to these days... newsomewayne 08-11-14 4
   RE: What are ya'll up to these days... kidflash212 08-13-14 7
       RE: What are ya'll up to these days... cahaya 08-13-14 8
           RE: What are ya'll up to these days... kingfish 08-13-14 10
               RE: What are ya'll up to these days... newsomewayne 08-13-14 17
           RE: What are ya'll up to these days... newsomewayne 08-13-14 16
       RE: What are ya'll up to these days... PepeLePew13 08-13-14 13
           RE: What are ya'll up to these days... newsomewayne 08-13-14 14
       RE: What are ya'll up to these days... newsomewayne 08-13-14 15
 RE: What are ya'll up to these days... cahaya 08-12-14 5
 RE: What are ya'll up to these days... Colonel Zoiderg 08-12-14 6
   RE: What are ya'll up to these days... kingfish 08-13-14 11
 RE: What are ya'll up to these days... starshine 08-13-14 9
   RE: What are ya'll up to these days... kingfish 08-13-14 12
 RE: What are ya'll up to these days... PepeLePew13 08-13-14 18
 RE: What are ya'll up to these days... tribephyl 08-14-14 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 17502 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-14, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-14 AT 01:05 PM (EST)

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy days of summer is all.

A couple of funerals, short vacations.

So sorry to hear about DH and your job. That hardly seems fair, seems tht they could extend a partial work from home option.

Hopefully Medicare can kick in? Obama Care?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-14, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-14 AT 02:07 PM (EST)

on the funerals.
on the lazy days.

4 more years till I can get Medicare. Even then that's not cheap. We pay about $340/month for his.

Obamawhut? Have you looked at the plans that are less than $500/month?

08-07-14, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
I hadn't looked. But Obama says it's affordable. What a jerk.

Obamawhut is right.Hope the Hubby finds something that eases his difficulties, all those thing you mentioned are new to me.

newsomewayne 9286 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-14, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
Good stuff:
Was able to take family on two week-long camping trips this summer. Once to the beach, once in the Smokies.

Work goes well. I enjoy the people I work with and the projects I work on.

13yr old niece just got her black belt in karate.

16yr old niece made all-American in cheerleading.

Wife is as beautiful as ever, and as good a person you'd ever hope to meet.

Son enjoys golfing. Hopefully in 8 years it will pay for college.

If I can get him to grow a couple more inches, he can take over the lawn mowing.

Daughter continues to be strong willed and have high self-esteem. Makes me slightly less worried about boys in the future.

Bad: Granny (97) passed away a few weeks ago. She'd suffered congestive heart failure for years. Then, after a second heart attack, she stayed with us another week. She was sound of mind until the very end. A very tough woman, product of the Great Depression, lived by herself (but with sitters the last 3 or 4 years), raised 4 boys and a girl on her own after husband died (kids b/n 3 and 13 at the time), never drove a car a day in her life. Loved to burn things. Nothing made her happier than taking trash out to the burn pile and stoking the fire. Got 4 of 5 children through college with less than high school degree, herself. Killed snakes with a garden hoe. At age of 94, she beat to death a possum that had gotten in her house by holding it with a "Grabber" arm in one hand and hitting it with her cane in the other.

Neither: Wednesday, I begin my 5th decade.

kidflash212 4178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-13-14, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
Happy 50th Wayne!

cahaya 19272 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-14, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
Happy birthday, Wayne! May your birthday wish come true.

08-13-14, 09:13 AM (EST)
10. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
Happy birthday Gruesome. May you never grow up.

08-13-14, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
Thanks. Keep wishing that for me. It helps negate DW's wish that I finally do.

08-13-14, 10:49 AM (EST)
16. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
Thank you. But I'm betting Ann Coulter is nowhere near New Jersey, let alone beginning to move in with Estee.

PepeLePew13 25315 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-14, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-14 AT 10:23 AM (EST)

>Happy 50th Wayne!

I took it to mean that he's 40. First decade would be from birth to 9, second would be 10-19, etc. You often see in obituaries that someone passed away in, let's say, their 85th year meaning they were 84 years and xxx days in age.

Happy birthday, Wayne!

08-13-14, 10:46 AM (EST)
14. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
And Pepe wins the prize! The correct number is 40. But you know kids these days. Anything over 27 is old to them; the number really doesn't matter.

And thanks. Just watch associating me with obituaries for a while, okay.

08-13-14, 10:47 AM (EST)
15. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
Thanks. Congrats on being the first to do so. Even DW hasn't wished me a happy 50th birthday yet.

cahaya 19272 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-14, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
I'm up to about 6'2". Hah, just kidding!

Good to know that you are doing okay and your hubby is doing better, although you've got some challenges ahead of you as far as your job goes. Hopefully your company accepts you back when you're ready or they at least continues to give you part time work so that you have some income to get by.

Life for me and my family is going well. We just sold our house in Malaysia and we're planning to buy a house here in the U.S. where we live now. My parents, though, are having a rough time of it with my dad's stroke earlier this year. They have a farm and they're having trouble keeping it up, so I visit them often to help them out. My dad never wants to move, my mom wants to move into a condo where they don't have to do so much work. We'll see.

Take care, jbug, you're quite a dedicated lady.

Colonel Zoiderg 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-12-14, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
Good news:

Entering my final year of law school in 13 days. This semester is going to be a cakewalk compared to the last three years, and after the year I've had, I need one.

Working with an attorney who plays my table and learning his business. I figure that, if I can't get a job, he's talked about retiring or at least getting rid of his practice. Hello, law office of Zoidberg.

Just 22 more days and the wife and I are going to Maui for her 30th birthday! (Yes, I'm missing a week of class. No, I don't give a flying damn.)

We're up to five cats in the house. Rocco's still around, along with two other beasts, a kitten we got from my wife's old co-worker in April, and another we rescued in July. (Sad story, that one. Someone left him on the side of a highway, and my wife's cousin found him and took him to her parents' house. They couldn't keep him because they have two big dogs, so we took him, and he's best friends with Rocco and our other kitten.)

Bad news:

My wife is having a really, really hard time. She lost her mom to kidney failure in March after we spent six months taking care of her at our house. (She passed from a rare complication called calciphylaxis - it baffled the doctors. My advice? Don't Google it. It's a bitch of a disease.)

Our border collie is getting up in years. We hope she can hang in there. She's a great dog.

Pending news:

I've recently been having some health issues - not fitting in my clothes, walking up gasping for air (I have sleep apnea, yada yada...) and just generally feeling like crap. So I decided to stop killing myself with food and start exercising. I've come to a conclusion, though - I'm not just fat, I'm an overeater. So hopefully I can help myself with that.

08-13-14, 09:20 AM (EST)
11. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
Hang in there my man, and have fun in Maui.

Backing up your observation, the only diet that has been useful for me is just to eat less. Of whatever. Don't even look at calorie listing, just eat less. The law of conservation of mass is 99.999 plus a lot more nines without exception.

starshine 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-13-14, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail starshine Click to send private message to starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
Yeep, the Bugs aren't having fun then

The Good:

I am still the only person on the planet who really rates Windows 8.

Rock Lobster by The B52's just came up on my playlist.

The Bad:

Got my CPAP mask today, so I may wake up happy and refreshed tomorrow, who knows.

Lost my job back in May, has anyone seen it?

Am overall in non working shape, doc is talking operations

The Ugly:

Mater is now dazed and confused. Have forced her down to one diary to try to avoid confusion, so far mainly short term memory issues.

Mater's BFF popped her clogs last Friday

Now is the time to listen to Professor Brian Cox

08-13-14, 09:26 AM (EST)
12. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
That is a lot of heavy news. Sympathy on all fronts. Except the good fronts, and there I am envious.

But forgive me for grinning Star, because it is a pleasure to read your posts. I can only surmise from the context what "...rates Windows 8…" and "...one diary a day..." mean. Through you I have at least some exposure to British English.

PepeLePew13 25315 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-14, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
Hi Jbug! So sorry to see that you've had some real difficult times - hang in there as all the karma of the world has got to start to pay you back with good things to come.

The Good: Been an unusually busy summer but that's good as I don't like being too inactive for long - in a normal summer, I'm usually going stir crazy and itching to get back to the college after a few weeks of loafing around, even with the kids to take care of. Travelling, up to the cottage, house projects, hanging out with friends, trading in for a spanking new vehicle and so on. Got a big golf tournament coming up next week and also heading to a ballgame with the family. Got a new dog, a German shepherd, in May.

A Mixed Bag: Had a nice memorial event at the cottage last Thursday for my old friend who passed away in March (you may remember my posting back then about the teacher/musician that disappeared). Lots of old friends popped up for the occasion and his twin brother led a musical tribute with all of the cottagers taking part. Ashes were spread at his favourite place at Fallen Rock up there nearby.

The Bad: The money tree in the backyard isn't growing fast enough for my liking and we've had to downsize a family trip and a basement project is still unfinished. With the limited time left in the summer before I go back to work, not sure where I'm going to find the time to finish everything. Also have been working on a book and time is running out to make a serious dent in it before I'm back to work.

The Ugly: I've basically abandoned the backyard with all the stuff I've been doing, and it's now a disaster zone with weeds, overgrown grass in some areas and just looks blahh ugly all around. I've never had much of a green thumb in the first place and it's worse now. The dog is also making a mess of the house and the interest in keeping the house maintained hasn't been there.

tribephyl 10808 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-14, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What are ya'll up to these days?"
Awww, bug? My heart hurts for you and I am sending good vibes galore your family's way.

I currently am riding a relatively low end of drama life and am as greatphul as ever it isn't as bad as the previous 6 years have been. I take what I can get.

I do hope that some briteness and light enters your world soon...or at least a momentous glimmering for some time.
*smooches and higs*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •