The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I was Wondering.."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

foonermints 12866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-08-14, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"I was Wondering.."
If people are still believing in Federally funded dream jobs Zeitgeist Global Warming?

Let's see what Bob says..

Bob!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I was Wondering.. Snidget 01-09-14 1
   RE: I was Wondering.. foonermints 01-09-14 2
       RE: I was Wondering.. Snidget 01-09-14 3
           Oh Yeah foonermints 01-10-14 6
       RE: I was Wondering.. suzzee 01-09-14 4
           RE: I was Wondering.. foonermints 01-09-14 5
       Have you seen... moonbaby 01-10-14 7
           No foonermints 01-11-14 8
           RE: Have you seen... foonermints 01-13-14 11
               RE: Have you seen... suzzee 01-13-14 16
   maybe this will help? tribephyl 01-11-14 9
       When You Zone Out foonermints 01-11-14 10
       RE: maybe this will help? jbug 01-17-14 18
   I resemble that remark... jbug 03-13-14 33
 RE: I was Wondering.. kingfish 01-13-14 12
   RE: I was Wondering.. Snidget 01-13-14 13
       RE: I was Wondering.. newsomewayne 01-13-14 15
           RE: I was Wondering.. foonermints 01-13-14 17
   Humans foonermints 01-13-14 14
 RE: I was Wondering.. Starshine 01-17-14 19
   RE: I was Wondering.. kingfish 01-17-14 20
 In All Honesty foonermints 01-17-14 21
   RE: In All Honesty kingfish 01-17-14 22
       No. foonermints 01-17-14 23
           RE: No. jbug 01-21-14 24
 RE: I was Wondering.. Estee 01-21-14 25
   RE: I was Wondering.. Snidget 01-21-14 26
       RE: I was Wondering.. Estee 01-21-14 27
           RE: I was Wondering.. Snidget 01-21-14 28
 At least these guys are talking abo... newsomewayne 03-12-14 29
   RE: At least these guys are talking... foonermints 03-12-14 30
 RE: I was Wondering.. Estee 03-12-14 31
   I'll Concede foonermints 03-12-14 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-14, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I was Wondering.."
LAST EDITED ON 01-09-14 AT 08:13 AM (EST)

One cold snap does not decades of warming break. Nor did anyone decide to believe in global warming from one (or year after year) of record breaking heatwaves. So why should one cold snap change anyone's mind.

What I'm interested to see is if this polar vortex (which happens somewhere in the world pretty much every last freaking winter, just hasn't hit the USA this bad for awhile) even puts a dent in the global temperature rise for this year. Or even the average temperature of the USA.

I think we had a couple of these back in the 1980's I remember one Christmas in undergrad that was insanely cold (Mississippi froze in St. Louis for the first time in decades) and another in grad school that lasted so long I ended up buying a ski mask just to be able to walk to class. Just because we haven't had one since then doesn't mean this is something that has never happened in all of history and is the first step to a global ice age.

But I may be ranting.

FWIW, warming models pretty much all indicate the climate gets less stable so you get more extremes in both directions as the AVERAGE temperature changes. Everything that makes hot weather systems more intense also tends to make cold weather systems more intense as well as lack of any storms more intense (droughts).

I hope this killed off at least a few bugs (and that the RTVW bugs are safe).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-09-14, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I was Wondering.."
The Media's new buzzword: "Polar Vortex".
"Where did Snidget go?"
"Oh dear, haven't you heard? One moment she was standing right beside me, and then she disappeared!"
" Must have tripped into THE POLAR VORTEX!"

Snidget as later discovered thouands of miles away in the Caribbean, drinking a French martini at a thatch-roofed bar by the seashore..

01-09-14, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I was Wondering.."
It is always fun when the media finally discovers a term for something and act like the thingy has never happened before in all of human history.

01-10-14, 09:53 AM (EST)
6. "Oh Yeah "
The media goes on, long after The Ozone Hole is gone..

So what if it's still cooking? We got bored!

suzzee 5277 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-14, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I was Wondering.."
This year tornadoes will be called a Texas Vortex, Oklahoma Vortex or named after whatever local politician isn't currently under indictment.

Suzzopolis by Tribe

01-09-14, 10:48 PM (EST)
5. "RE: I was Wondering.."
Calvin Coolidge seems pretty safe.

moonbaby 17071 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-14, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Have you seen..."
Pardon the bigness of the pic:

01-11-14, 00:34 AM (EST)
8. "No"
But I can get "Sharknado" on Netflix!

moonbaby: corrupting honest people to waste their time..

If it wasn't BIG, it wouldn't be a THRILLER!...................................................................................................ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppIt would be: "namby-pamby".

01-13-14, 01:20 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Have you seen..."
I an SO wasting my time watching "Sharknado" this evening.

suzzee 5277 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-14, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Have you seen..."
Great for the whole family! An entire movie that jumps the shark. Yeah I watched it. A couple of times.

A Tribe collectible

tribephyl 10480 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-14, 04:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "maybe this will help?"
It'll be warm and will express your emotions through humorous tailoring.

Downside? It guarantees an uptick in snidget related crime reports.

01-11-14, 05:44 AM (EST)
10. "When You Zone Out"
..May as well do it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbcUS0xBDA

jbug 16870 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-14, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: maybe this will help?"
Does that come in various sizes?

oh, that's not what that is?

03-13-14, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "I resemble that remark..."

kingfish 16908 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-14, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I was Wondering.."
In absolute terms, no one has proven anything except that there have been periods of global warming in the past caused by natural events and cycles.

If the presence of humans on the earth influences cyclic warming, then, as products of the natural environment ourselves, anything we do is also natural. Manmade is natural.

Because of the inertia and immensity of the elements involved and the sensitivity of adjustments required to control and reverse global warming, it's also probably beyond our control. Especially if you also consider the international political climate and the fact that new leaders (like our president) will decide that the ideas of the previous presidents are wrong because they belong to the other party, and will reverse/restructure plans to combat global warming every four to eight years.

Subjective opinion: Even the most intelligent, highest minded, and most benevolent meddling in our weather will be counterproductive, and the more extensive that the meddling is, the more counterproductive it will be. Even with that said, though, whatever we can do on individual levels (including factories etc. as individuals) we should do.

We live here, and we should practice good housekeeping.

01-13-14, 11:25 AM (EST)
13. "RE: I was Wondering.."
I do think the good housekeeping does extend to emissions of things like CO2. While it does go up and down over the eons with various geological, etc procecess, I can't help but to think the recent increases have something to do with the fossil fuels we have been burning.

We have the power to create changes that while they may be in the normal range of how stuff varies are often at rates the world can't do without us. I think it is naive to think that nothing we do can ever effect global processes in anyway and everything is just what would have happened if we weren't here.

We are already meddling with the climate (which is different then meddling with weather - aka short term will it hurricane today or not). We really can't help it, everybody does it, we just have a lot more capacity so I think at least being circumspect about it and maybe slowing down on a few things may not be a bad idea. Even if just for the idea of good housekeeping and lets stop dumping our carp everywhere assuming that dilution is always the solution to pollution so it doesn't really matter what we do to this planet.

newsomewayne 9201 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-14, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I was Wondering.."
I do think the good housekeeping does extend to emissions of things like CO2.

I had a thought on this the other day. I heard a report on the radio that our government has spent billions overseas in aid to developing countries to "combat the effects of global warming." I think some were direct funds while others went through the U.N. Meanwhile, our government's EPA forces the expenditure of millions of private sector dollars be spent to clean up their processes to prevent more global warming.

Now, since there are so many things wrong with the first part - who gets the money, who decides what project is required to supposedly combat the effects of global warming, how much is actually used on the project and not skimmed off the top by whoever overseas the project (including local dictators and U.N. overseers), who decides how effective a project is going to be or has been, and on and on - all that being likely to cause failures in the stated goal, wouldn't it make much more sense to spend that money here, by, you know, fixing the alleged source of the problem to begin with?

Instead of government coming to company A and saying, you need to spend half of your budget next year on this problem or you'll have to shut down, they could say we have identified this problem in your plant and are going to spend this much money to fix it. Boom; planet saved, plant saved, jobs saved, tax base saved. And since the money was going to be stolen spent, anyways, there is no additional cost to the tax payer.

* assume the word 'allegedly' appears wherever appropriate.

Tebow Time is over. We prefer to win games in the 1st quarter.
Trade managed by GM Agman, 2012

01-13-14, 03:10 PM (EST)
17. "RE: I was Wondering.."
»And since the money was going to be stolen spent, anyways, there is no additional cost to the tax payer.«

Yes, I believe in magic also.

01-13-14, 01:06 PM (EST)
14. "Humans"
Aren't necessarily permanent anyway. At least I know I'm not*.
Doesn't mean you can't leave a clean house, of course.

*Probably much to the delight of certain other humans.

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-14, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I was Wondering.."
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-14 AT 12:29 PM (EST)

Speaking as someone who is still under a flood warning (I live in a second (UK) third (USA) floor flat, so I think they are getting overexcited), and as the road I normally come back from shopping on has been under water for a fortnight I'm not worried if global warming is natural or not, if we can mitigate the effects then surely we need to.

01-17-14, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I was Wondering.."
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-14 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

Sympathy for those living on your ground floor. Reminds me of the author's Irish childhood in Angela's Ashes.

01-17-14, 03:36 PM (EST)
21. "In All Honesty"
The Sierra snowpack is only about 11% of normal.

Guess I won't be panning for gold this year.

01-17-14, 03:45 PM (EST)
22. "RE: In All Honesty"
Is that a picture of a booger?

01-17-14, 05:29 PM (EST)
23. "No."
Booger county is in the South. Like Mexico, because one of those little boogers gave me something pretty similar to the flu last week. Hence I've been home all this week entertaining you with my witty repartee.

Bah! Boogers!

01-21-14, 05:23 PM (EST)
24. "RE: No."
~~~sprays Lysol all over OT land~~~~

hope you feel better ***distant {{hugs}}**

a Syren special

Estee 56183 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-14, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: I was Wondering.."
Tomorrow morning's forecast:

Wind chill factor of roughly -20F with winds possibly gusting over 30mph on a base of 6F or so. Up to a foot of snow on the ground, possibly more, with winds of 40mph from the previous night having blown the accumulation into snowdrifts of four or more feet in height. High for the day in actual temperature 13F. All concrete surfaces coated with diamond ice. No chemical melting agent will work until the temperature rises enough to activate them, which should take place in just about two weeks.

For the 'I believe' department, this means I really and truly believe I am not digging out my car tomorrow.

01-21-14, 05:42 PM (EST)
26. "RE: I was Wondering.."
We are expecting an inch, maybe. Will be below freezing all day tomorrow but should get warm enough for the ice melt to work, if we need it.

Co-op put wine on sale (buy 3 bottles get 15% off) and advertized on facebook they still had bread and milk.

01-21-14, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: I was Wondering.."
'You're going to be driving on some degree of slush tomorrow, which is an experience most of you have very little experience with. Why not deal with it by getting drunk?'

Lovely state, really.

My prep work for the storm was basic: after reading the EW cover article on Sherlock, I discovered I can stream the first six episodes/movies from Amazon as a no-additional-cost part of my Prime membership. Popcorn, chocolate, hot mulled cider, and a fleece blanket, then remotely consider peeking outside on Thursday.

I kind of wish the Pro Bowl was tomorrow so I could ignore that too.

This is just being practical. If I have to break through four-foot snowdrifts in order to clear my vehicle and my prize is facing a foot (or more) of snow on every access road I'd need for pretty much anything, then I'm calling in stranded in order not to have someone else call for me with 'Between incarnations, may be back with you in roughly eighteen years and nine months, but no promises.' Dealing with that residue is begging for injury (on up) on multiple fronts. I took one look at the game odds and declared forfeit.

01-21-14, 10:44 PM (EST)
28. "RE: I was Wondering.."
Most of us have enough sense to stay in and drink the wine.

The ones that go out usually think the letters SUV allow the vehicle to break all the laws of physics. They usually are in the ditch without any help.

newsomewayne 9201 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-14, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "At least these guys are talking about it."
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-14 AT 10:46 AM (EST)

Because the media certainly never brings it up on their own.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/10/politics/climate-change/index.html

Mirroring a tactic employed by Cruz during his marathon effort aimed at derailing Obamacare,

Except that Cruz was fighting against terrible legislation ramrodded through by a near-Super Majority. The Dems were fighting against...wait, they still have majority?...well, they're trying to get passed a...oh, they don't have any particular legislation about this going right now?

So what's the mirror thing about? A mirror reflects, or another word would be deflect. I get it now. They were trying to deflect. Deflect attention from Ukraine, Malaysian plane, IRS and Lerner, Benghazi, Keystone, Fast and Furious...

U.S. Government: Doing everything you used to do yourself for you since 2008.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

03-12-14, 09:09 PM (EST)
30. "RE: At least these guys are talking about it."
Floating icebergs!
Drowning Polar Bears!

Heck, maybe it is real, but how is the US going to stop China from burning all that coal? A Democrat "Feel-Good" that does not address the many problems of their own doing that beg better attention.

Benghazi bothers me most. President Hilory? I would really prefer Hoover. Or Coolidge.

Fast and Furious was a wreck.

IRS targeting Republican groups? OH! Let's look at the poor Polar Bears! Not dirty politics by democrats!
Republican or Democrat, it's our country and whoever sullies it should be taken to task.

I'm going to go read "The Lorax" tonight at Midnight. Maybe it will cure Daylight Savings Time.

I'm with Dakota

03-12-14, 09:22 PM (EST)
31. "RE: I was Wondering.."
60f today.

24f tomorrow.

30% chance of spontaneous weeping by Sunday.

03-12-14, 10:18 PM (EST)
32. "I'll Concede"
Global weather is different than it has been for the last decade.
Why? China? Something our beastly little selves have done?

Bad China! Bad!

My tax dollars probably went to one bulletproof window in a hotel in Nigeria.

The Southern California drought notwithstanding.
Who knows? Maybe I'm looking at $4/gallon water?

There goes the lawn!

We've got a huge Prickly Pear cactus I can suck the juice out from.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •