The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Antonia has no business being in this house"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

dawgslobber523 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-17-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dawgslobber523 Click to send private message to dawgslobber523 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Antonia has no business being in this house"
Woof Woof!!

Ok I know Im gonna catch alot of crap for this, but I cant hold my tongue any longer!!

Antonia is driving me nuts. I cant stand how belligerant she is, how rude she is, the way she looks at people (like she is either falling asleep or willing the "universe" to shut them up)

She has no interest in making her life better. NONE!!!! She is resistant to every assignment, she runs her mouth (with her fake accent) about everything. I think that every thing she says is rude. The hatefulness seeping out of her is really getting to me.

She is there for one reason and one reason only....to be on TV and to soak up the opportunities that being on TV will get her.

I wish she would just go away.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Antonia has no business being i... elgin 05-17-06 1
   RE: Antonia has no business being i... Juliejo 05-17-06 2
       RE: Antonia has no business being i... alaholly 05-17-06 3
           RE: Antonia has no business being i... eire_heart74 05-17-06 5
 RE: Antonia has no business being i... KimberH 05-17-06 4
 RE: Antonia has no business being i... 26mitogo 05-17-06 6
   RE: Antonia has no business being i... Juliejo 05-17-06 7
       RE: Antonia has no business being i... petmama 05-17-06 14
   RE: Antonia has no business being i... Twinkles 05-17-06 8
   RE: Antonia has no business being i... Lanna42 05-17-06 9
       RE: Antonia has no business being i... 26mitogo 05-18-06 21
 RE: Antonia has no business being i... MizJazmine 05-17-06 10
   RE: Antonia has no business being i... flower2 05-17-06 15
 RE: Antonia has no business being i... susanc 05-17-06 11
   RE: Antonia has no business being i... petmama 05-17-06 18
 RE: Antonia has no business being i... Ujena 05-17-06 12
 RE: Antonia has no business being i... sillybear 05-17-06 13
 RE: Antonia has no business being i... forsythia 05-17-06 16
 RE: Antonia has no business being i... annie828 05-17-06 17
   RE: Antonia has no business being i... Shazbot 05-17-06 19
       RE: Antonia has no business being i... BlueCollar Blonde 05-18-06 22
           RE: Antonia has no business being i... watches too much 05-18-06 23
 RE: Antonia has no business being i... susang 05-18-06 20
 RE: Antonia has no business being i... TVFreak 05-18-06 24
   RE: Antonia has no business being i... staceeturner 05-19-06 25
       RE: Antonia has no business being i... Zoey 05-19-06 26
 RE: Antonia has no business being i... maizenblue 05-21-06 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

elgin 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-17-06, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail elgin Click to send private message to elgin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
I can only watch in hopes that IV finally has enough of her entitlement public housing ghetto mentality, "pay my way" "Who me"!? "Heck no, everyone 'owes' me"!! "Clean up my own messes - no way!!" Her rudeness, her fakeness, her stupid looking expressions of nastiness and IV finally slams her down and tosses her out but that won't happen. You said it so well, I can't stand Antonia for all the reasons you stated and a few others.
I haven't disliked anyone this much since Allyshun decided she wasn't leaving without 51 bew addictions or Lisa 1 with her fake crying and puking and vomiting, or wanting to smash that horrid snotty prostitute Christina in the face for being such a completely rude ##### to Kim.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-17-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
If you think of her as a 13 year old and a spoiled one at that it is eaiser to take.
She is giving Iylanda a run for her money.
I just laugh and laugh everytime she opens her mouth.
She is really immature and childlike.
Her mother didnt do her any favors not teaching her anything.
BIG MOUTH ANTONIA with her Smirky Faceical expressions.
Yep a 13 year old for sure.

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
A 13 year old, yes that fits. But why is she in the SO house? She needs to be at home with Mommy who will hopefully send her to her room for being a spoiled brat.

Why Iyanla hasn't pulled her up short is amazing. Every time she says "I need to call my Mommy" for her broken glasses, bad tooth etc. Iyanla should MAKE her learn to take care of herself. No one makes her do anything and that is not doing her any favors. She'll "grow up" to be a helpless taker like Lisa 1.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-17-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"

>Why Iyanla hasn't pulled her up
>short is amazing.

You're not kidding! She did say yesterday something about being a "grown ##### woman" and I thought finally she's going to tell her like it is. And then nothing! What a let down.

My hope is she sees herself on tv acting foolish and sees how dumb she looks. But will her ego win out and not let her see that? WHo knows?

KimberH 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-17-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KimberH Click to send private message to KimberH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
I TOTALLY agree dawgslobber!! Doesn't she ALWAYS look like she is on some type of downers? With her eyes half shut, eyes rolling in the back of her head. And she is always soooo disrespectful! I can't believe IV puts up with her crap! I really do wish her the best, and hope she shapes up with a quickness or move on!! This house these women are blessed to be a part of is meant to help! If all she was looking for was for the SOH to pay off her debt, then she is ridiculous and doesn't deserve to be there. She balks at all her assignments so far, and thinks it is so cute when she makes all he smart allick comments. Grow up Antonia! Kimber in WA State

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
Yep, the girl is a mess. But I still stick by my first impression ... she's playing a role ... just like too many others. The only thing I do like about her is that she has actually stood her ground on a few things and not become just another one of the mindless SO blabbering fools that left their own brains at the airport on their way to the SOH, actually buying the entire boat load of cr@p being crammed down their throats ... including believing they are somehow transformed from incredibly stupid low-life nobodies into famous on-their-way-to-riches super stars. Antonia never set out to change her life. Why give up the partying, the clothes, the idea that she is the cutest thing on the planet, while mommy & everyone else pays her way if she doesn't have to? Didn't we already see SO-failure-Lisa play this role? Both of these women were looking for something to do, a reality show that let them play. Antonia didn't make the cut on Real World so now she's stuck playing the role of a seriously concerned 20-something who has partied her way into uncontrolled debt. If she really wanted any more TV work she should have done a lot better job playing the part. She would have actually needed to come on pretending to care and pretending to "get it" ... making changes in her character along the way. Instead, she comes off as not caring, insincere and someone who has no desire to change their ways. Since this appears to be the real Antonia, then her acting skills don't exist. I don't buy the occassional, well-placed "I'll just have my mom take care of it" for the sake of the role.

But I would rather see 100 Antonias than one more millisecond of GrannyClampetChristie.

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
But I would rather see 100 Antonias than one more millisecond of GrannyClampetChristie.

Amen.
But today Iguana did tell Antonia that she was behaivng like a 13 year old. Then she went to look for an apartment and she thinks she is acting like a Grown A$$ Woman. Please.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
And, did you notice her crappy "art work". A six-year-old could've done it.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-17-06, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
I realized after she rejected Jennifer and the idea of dealing with her father that she only deals with people if there is some hope they will give her something.

Her dad can't do anything for her so he's a non-issue. SOH gives stuff to people so hey, maybe she can score while she's there. She didn't bargain for Iyanla's "change yourself into an independent, debt-paying adult"

Yeah, she's a whiny lump. At least she's not dripping mucus.

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-17-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

I agree with most of what you've said Mitogo.But she's the only one of the bunch that I have ever seen stand up to Iyanla.And that is no small task.They may call it resistance and it remains to be seen if it's in her best interest.But I call it moxy and I was glad to see it.She can grate on ones nerves it's true and God knows she's immature.But she isn't an endless downer of the likes of Christie or Kim.And she does have a sense of humor.Even though I suspect it's not the one she's manufactured for herself.I can't imagine her as a Real Worlder.She comes across as older but horribly immature at the same time.I don't know about a career in acting.But if she could class herself up alittle and be more responsible she may do well.She is attractive and intelligent despite her attempts to appear otherwise.Like the new sig banner by the way.Nice.

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
Lanna ~ >>"But she's the only one of the bunch that I have ever seen stand up to Iyanla.And that is no small task.They may call it resistance and it remains to be seen if it's in her best interest.But I call it moxy and I was glad to see it."

EXACTLY!! That's why I like watching Antonia. I hope she doesn't bow to Iyanla & Rhonda and become just another in the long line of head-bobbing, snot-dripping HMs that agree with anything & everything these self-appointed LCs decide they should think & say. Maybe her "moxy", her strength, and her willingness to have a mind of her own will someday mature and be her ticket to the financial success she wants.

I love the sig too ... it was a gift from Sharnina ... someone who DOES have computer skills and artistic talent!!! And since I was actually able to run just a little bit recently, after 7 yrs in bed with an illness that looked to have no answer, it has more value and meaning than you can imagine. All the years the Drs said I'd never run again, I could never get the phrase "just one more marathon" out of my head.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-17-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
Well I'm gonna disagree with ya, especially since I like Antonia.While yes there is definately room for improvement and growth, I think Antonia can and is learning something from the SOH. Her goal is concrete and not ethereal. I see Antonia really trying. I believe she really wants to get this all the way around, and I think she's got a good start.

One of the things that I've noticed about Antonia is that thus far, she's not a gossiper and she doesn't seem to hold grudges. I like the fact that she says what she has to say to someone's face regardless. I don't see her trying to be something that she's not in that respect. IMO she's not pretentious. I think she's a very genuine young woman. By no means have I seen any hatefullness seeping out of Antonia. What I've seen is someone who's feelings were hurt by some hg's, and her not really knowing how to express that in an appropriate manner. I've also seen her express several times that she really doesn't want to discuss her father, and not change that position. I think that should be respected and left alone. At least I don't see her blaming her mother or father for her debt.

To me Antonia's just young and she doesn't have a lot of practical life application, she's working on it, and life itself will teach her that. I'm glad that she's trying to make some changes now while she's still young. The other women in the house seem to "get" Antonia, with the exception of Christie I think, but then again Christie has her own growing up to do. I like that Antonia is herself and that she hasn't become some SO "Stepford" hg. IMO none of the other hg's are any better than Antonia. Antonia is just more upfront with her "stuff". She's not passive.

I like Antonia and I enjoy watching her

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-17-06, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 06:32 PM (EST)

Mizjasmine,

Very well said. I think Antonia is judged too harshly. It sounds like her mother has been an enabler for her who overcompensated for her MIA father, by providing everything she needed in life. She is clearly spoiled and has an air of entitlement but her mother, I believe, raised her that way. I'm shocked that IV hasn't tapped into it--instead she tries to force Antonia to open up to her father, when she said "NO" from the beginning.

Today was the first time I heard IV compliment her on anything. she never even acknowledged the completed room. The room she did without support from the HGs (excluding Niambi). Talk about total dependence on others and feeling entitled?? Look at Christie. She has done absolutely NOTHING to make this race work and has been fully supported by everyone. She even has 2 graduated housemates hanging around to continue lifting up her fat butt as it drags around on the ground. Then for Rhonda to tell the women in the previews that "Christie's race fails if one of you drops the ball," is not only unfair but unrealistic. PULLEEEEZE!

I also like Antonia a lot!!! She's the most honest and real person in the house. Perhaps her growth isn't as evident as others because she doesn't resort to the whiny Christy voice as she's crying all over the place. Maybe then people would see that she has made some progress. I loved it when she was able to IV exactly what she has learned. Good for you Antonia!

susanc 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-17-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susanc Click to send private message to susanc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
I agree with you. Antonia is a very rude woman. She was rude to Jennifer at lunch. Antonia is very close minded. She needs to grow up and accept the consequences of not paying bills. She does not belong in the Starting Over House.

Susan

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
That's why I so strongly disagree with Iyanla's approach. Yes, Antonia ought to call all her creditors and find out how much she owes each one. And, work out a payment schedule. But, she shouldn't ask them to accept less than she actually owes them. When she used the charge cards, she agreed to pay her creditors back. At their interest rate. So, how is getting them to accept less than she actually owes them, teaching her responsibility?

Ujena 47 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ujena Click to send private message to Ujena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
I didn't watch this show when Antonia was first on. Here is my question, what was she like before and what was her goal? I think her life coaches need or needed (since this is many months ago) to call her on her ugly rude stuff. Sad thing is, she reminds me of some of the employees I see in businesses and I wonder how they keep their doors open!!! Many things might have changed in this day and age but being repsectful and using your manners will never go out of style!

sillybear 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-17-06, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sillybear Click to send private message to sillybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
I have two teens and they think they know eveything there is to know.BOY ARE THEY WRONG.But anyway Antonia reminds me of a teen.I don't think she should be in the house because she acts as if she knows it all already,so why be there?I know alot of people are not really mature at twenty but she is very much like a 13 year old.

forsythia 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-17-06, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forsythia Click to send private message to forsythia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
wasn't she about 13 when her dad left?
hmmm.

sometimes i really like her, sometimes she bugs me. but she does crack me up with her youthfulness.
she might be a bit too young to be in the house, but who knows, maybe she'll grow up a bit.

annie828 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-17-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annie828 Click to send private message to annie828 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"

Oh, I couldn't agree more!

I can tolorate Antonia, because she is young and still 3 mths newer than "SnivelingWhinyGrannyClampetChristie."

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-17-06, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 08:43 PM (EST)

I like Antonia. I can see her doing what it takes to get her life in gear. I don't think she's rude, just very much herself... an in the momemt person, which, undeniably has gotten her in financial trouble. But I do think she gets the financial exercises Iyanla has given her... I can see her working the 2 jobs if necessary to get out of debt.

BlueCollar Blonde 49 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
I was pleasantly surprised and very happy to see that Antonia declined to take the easy way out and file for bankruptcy. Maybe I'll girl is growing up after all. =)

watches too much 32 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail watches%20too%20much Click to send private message to watches%20too%20much Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
She surprised me too. We saw her grow up a bit today.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
Her accent is distracting. Is it a real Boston accent, or a put-on? IMO, it sounds fake.

TVFreak 189 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TVFreak Click to send private message to TVFreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
I really don't like Antonia either. She is Soooo lazy, and all she seems to do is WHINE! That said, I was glad that she decided to take the long road of paying off her debts rather than file for bankruptcy. And while we're on the subject, what is with SO this year trying to convince the houseguests that bankruptcy isn't a bad thing, that it's the easy way out?
I found it hilarious today when Iyanla asked Antonia what she wanted to accomplish or acheive, and Antonia's first response was FAME. That says it all.

staceeturner 183 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
I just want to say I ditto alot of things that are being said.
is the only major tragedy is that she has to file bankrupsy and that her Dad is a crook?

short&sassy

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-19-06, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
I think Antonia has a lot of negative aspects to her personality.

However, she's not one to "obey without question", which I fully appreciate.

I think part of it may be what I just said and part of it may be a certain naiveit'e in that she wants to know the "why's?" of what Iyanla is telling or assigning her.

Either way, I don't fault her for this and I also think you have to take in to account where someone comes from (wether it be geographically or their past).

I'm glad the SO house was willing to take her on. Not everyone is a mild-mannored person from the south or a person who is willing to kiss butt to please the coaches (even if it compromises their learning experience.

I'd rather see someone be there "authentically" than try to do what's right by the coaches.

maizenblue 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-21-06, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maizenblue Click to send private message to maizenblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Antonia has no business being in this house"
Ahmen sister!! I couldn't agree with you more! They need to ask her to leave and let someone on the show who really needs to be there and is willing to do the work that she is asked to do without complainning all the time!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •