The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quick and boring episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Quick and boring episode"
Did anoyne else find the last episode quite uneventful, very quick and boring?

It seemed that the first flight group were well ahead of the rest and there was no way of catching up. Also, the activities and challenges were dull, book moving and shoe shining? I do not know why but I am not as intersted and enthusiastictic as this time last season.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Quick and boring episode CwazyWabbit 03-09-05 1
 RE: Quick and boring episode Cygnus X1 03-09-05 2
 RE: Quick and boring episode Rothschild 03-09-05 3
 RE: Quick and boring episode 712 03-10-05 4
   RE: Quick and boring episode kgswifty 03-10-05 5
       RE: Quick and boring episode Swami 03-10-05 7
           RE: Quick and boring episode HobbsofMI 03-10-05 10
       RE: Quick and boring episode nailbone 03-10-05 8
 RE: Quick and boring episode newsomewayne 03-10-05 6
 RE: Quick and boring episode seahorse 03-10-05 9
 RE: Quick and boring episode Serendipity 03-10-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CwazyWabbit 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 07:57 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Quick and boring episode"
I have been feeling the same. The challenges have been "eh" so far. I think this is the result of having to plan these races so quickly instead of having a whole year to put it together. I also think it was interesting that Phil said in his video interview that they weren't expecting the teams to finish so quickly. That tells me they are not planning as well as they use to.

Hopefully, it will get more exciting. I actually do remember being bored at this time last season...(oh, hedge...I was bored the whole season, except when I was yelling at J/A or K/F, but anger is not a good replacement for excitement, IMHO)! I will keep on watching anyways, because I am addicted to the show.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-05, 09:28 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Quick and boring episode"
They can always have them climbing up a rock wall . . . or parachuting out of a plane . . . or doing other physical challenges, like everyone on here asked for FEWER OF . . .

And then we ask for more Real People and fewer fill-in-the-blank/Models, and the only ones anyone likes are Romber. Can't make anyone happy around here. #Sigh#.

NOTE: That's not all directed just toward you, Spider.

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-09-05, 09:39 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Quick and boring episode"
Shoe Shining in Peru -- what more could you ask for ?????

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-10-05, 02:47 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Quick and boring episode"
Total disagreement.
While the challenges didn't make for particularly exciting television, they reminded me of races past, not your standard "dig here" or "jump off this" or "make 20 bricks" fare that seemed to be taking over lately. Bit more interpersonal and navigation skills were required here. I was reminded of the tasks in TAR2 where the teams had to do the gumboot dance in South Africa for donations from spectators, or the wood carving market in Namibia. I prefer tasks like these, where there is less structure and more room for creative thinking etc.

kgswifty 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-10-05, 10:19 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Quick and boring episode"
I think we must be careful for what we wish for. Last year there was way to much bunching. Not seeing too much of it in this last episode but I will be curious to see the departure times. I think Rob and Amber were at the pit stop before some teams even made it to the funicular. I didn't think the tasks were that challenging to create such a huge gap.

Also what is up with all of the begging for money. Were these teams actually running out of money or were they just too stoopid to convert it to Chilean money (pesos??).

If they were running out of money then there were big gaps in what we saw because these teams were given something like $400 at the start of the leg and don't pay for flights. The fish was something like $10. What could they possibly have spent almost $400 in that episode?

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Quick and boring episode"
Romber reached the pit stop after 34 minutes of elapsed show time. I think that's the quickest finish yet, and contributed to my feeling of "What? Already!"

I think Romber will be leaving hours before some of the trailing teams.

As much as I disliked past TAR's spending too much time filming in airports--I dislike all these pre-scheduled flights even more. They seem just too manipulative, and are not reflective of real travel situations--which all the bus and cab and train rides are.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Quick and boring episode"
I can see them trying to reward teams and break them up but I think finding flights is one of the key skills you have to have to win. I'm hoping that that was the last time they do it or they are just making TAR's even more simple because they don't have clues any more for the teams to figure out.

*Light blub* The dumb it down for Romber?...lol....

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Quick and boring episode"
Swifty, I *think* they had money, just not converted money. It seems like Susan had some money in her hand, but couldn't get it converted.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Quick and boring episode"
I remember thinking that the episode was over way too fast, too. But I think part of that may have been carryover from a two-hour episode with 11 teams to watching a one-hour episode with ten teams. It's hard to feel you've seen enough when each team gets, on average, only 4 to 5 minutes of screen time.

Proud member of DNRC.
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Quick and boring episode"
I thought the same thing. The show was just half way over when the first clue about going to the pitstop was read.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-10-05, 06:52 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Quick and boring episode"
But some of the 2nd group did catch up, despite the 45 minute difference in flights.

From Flight 1:
Rob & Amerber - 1
Ron & Kelly = 2
Ray & Deana - 3
Sus & Patric - 8
Meredith & Gretchen - 7

From Flight 2:
Ulchenna & Joyce - 4
Lynn & Alex - 5
Debbie & Bianca - 6
Brian & Greg - 9
Megan & Heidi = 10

Three of the teams from the 2nd flight came in before two teams that had been on Flight 1.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •