The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Phil's Diary - Episode 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-04-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Phil's Diary - Episode 5"
Now we know why all of Phil's lines on the show are so scripted and mechanical sounding. He couldn't string two spontaneous sentences together if he had to. His "interviews" are painful to listen to as he rambles and stumbles over his words.

Transcribed from TAR Insider on CBS.com:

So, uh, episode 5 takes the teams from, uh, from one remarkable place to another. Uh, but Linda and Karen, it really doesn’t start out too well, ‘cause uh, they uh, they end up, as so many of our teams do, they end up with a really bad taxi cab ride, and that can really mess up your day.

So the teams end up in one of the most amazing places, uh, on Earth. I-I-I just think it’s in-incredible that we got permission to shoot at, uh, the great pyramids. Um, certainly from-from my point of view, to just be there and to have total access the way we did was…. just spectacular. And we were there at that crucial time when the sun was setting over these, uh, remarkable structures.

And then the challenge that they have of, uh, moving these rocks. And if you remember way back in, uh, Episode 2 where, uh, Kami and Karli felt like they’ve had, um, been a little shafted, so to speak, by, um, by Chip when he takes the taxi and they were arguing about the taxi. He really redeems himself here and he steps up. Uh, and, uh, this is a pretty tough challenge here. And he goes out of his way to make sure they know what to do and how to get through it and they feel like he really has redeemed himself.

That place, this-this location. Standing at the, at the foot of the sphinx, um for me is the most remarkable place that I’ve ever stood, uh, for a pit stop. Um, we were there, well I was there for, uh, I would say a good 12 hours from when I first got there. And we knew that the teams were running all over the area. Running from one pyramid to another doing their challenges and I was able to be there right from, uh, early in the morning until when the sun went down.

This cool thing happened when we were shooting. They have, uh, this, uh, show that goes on and they have lights all over the pyramids and-and over the sphinx. And so while we were standing there, at some point this show just started up and, um, these speakers are booming, you know, all around the place, and lights are like flashing all over the place. And, uh, we were just very lucky that all of that didn’t interfere with the teams coming in. You know, that it didn’t interfere with, uh, me saying, uh, you know, “you’re team #3, you’re team #4”, whatever it was. But way back from us, uh, like if you’ll imagine these are the feet of the sphinx this way, like back this way, uh, like 500 yards, there were hundreds and hundreds of people. And they were replaying the show in all these different languages. German, Japanese, uh, of course there was the English version, which I didn’t hear until I’d heard all the other ones. So I was only imagining what they were saying. But, um, yeah, I really felt privileged to be there. That was truly extraordinary to see...this...sphinx. Uh, all the way through the day, see the way the light went over it.

Um, just while I was standing there, that there we had…that we were working with this Egyptian crew. And, um, and there was this guy there who must have weighed, I don’t know, 300 lbs. I don’t know why, but he felt like he-he wanted to-to arm-wrestle me.

So at some point in the middle of the night after we had delivered some pizza, because you know it’s not like, it’s not like you can get catering services, you know, just like into the sphinx. Um, we ordered this pizza, Egyptian pizza, and um, some Cokes and things, we, uh, we were we were really starving. We hadn’t eaten all day.

And this guy who’s working on this big Egypt building, and he’s like I said, he’s, uh, like 300 lbs and he looks at me and he goes, uh, “You wanna arm-wrestle?” I’m like, “Are you out of your freaking mind? I mean, look at the size of you.” He’s like seriously, you know way up here. Uh, anyway, I don’t know. I guess a few too many pieces of pizza and I was suddenly, uh, uh, arm-wrestling this guy. Absolutely annihilated me. Much to the pleasure of, uh, all the Egyptian crew who thought it was very funny that, uh, this big guy beat me. Um, I’ve got biceps, but this guy had, had, uh, arms the size of tree trunks. I would say his arms were, you know, easily as big as anybody’s legs on the day.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5 foonermints 08-04-04 1
   RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5 ginger 08-04-04 2
       RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5 foonermints 08-04-04 3
 Peter and Catherine the Great? arturbars 08-04-04 4
 RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5 Megacanuck 08-04-04 5
 RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5 procrastin8tor 08-05-04 6
   RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5 rasslinmomma 08-06-04 8
 RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5 Sunny_Bunny 08-05-04 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5"
Oweee! The pain! Not the arm wrestling, but your poor brain for transcribing that drivel. Quite an amazing achievement on your part, and I thank you. Programming on the Philbot is still in the developement stage, and he must have been let out mistakenly without his backup disks.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5"
Further proof of the Supreme Reality Hostmanship of Jiffy Probst.

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 01:53 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5"
Now THERE is one of the finer creations! *furiously reattaches bobble head to JulieChenbot*

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-04-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
4. "Peter and Catherine the Great?"
While in Russia, why the hell does the host of this show kept saying that Peter the Great built that palalce for his wife Ctherine the Great? eh... maybe CBS should have done some history lessons, Catherine the Great was the emperess of Russia after Peter the Great (Peter I) and she was married to one of his offsprings - Peter III, who was a very weak, sick, and ineffective leader and whom Catherine got rid off very quickly. Her palace in the Pushkin was built after the Peter the Great's reign.....

Megacanuck 120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-04-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5"
It's much easier to have a crush on him when he keeps his mouth shut, and his man-boobs hidden. Did you see that sweater he wore last night? I cringed, then sent him mental images of a good support bra.

procrastin8tor 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-05-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5"
Omigosh. Are you telling me this is an actual transcription? I totally thought it was a joke post. Hilarious. But even more funny because it's real!
***pr0cRaStiN8tor**

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-06-04, 07:27 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5"
Very real. My ears still hurt. Owwwwww!!

Phil is the Vanna White of reality TV. Just keep your mouth shut, your boobs covered, and stand there lookin' good.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 01:38 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Phil's Diary - Episode 5"
"We know Jeff Probst, Phil, and you're no Jeff Probst."

~Ra_8escs and Sunny Bunny. Roving Report, TAR Ep part 3.

And please, do your history research, before you put your foot in your mouth again.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •