The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Russian street spam."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-24-08, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Russian street spam."
Genuine Kazakhstanian sneakers! Available today only in a startling range of one whole size! Worn just once by a little white man from Arizona who walked so poorly, heels never touched ground! Only one hundred American dollars or one free cab ride, your choice! How can you pass up such an incredible offer?

...you're passing up such an incredible offer.

Some people just have no appreciation of value.

It's a major savings! Those same shoes cost $160 at the airport!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Russian street spam. Max Headroom 11-24-08 1
   RE: Russian street spam. Estee 11-24-08 2
 RE: Russian street spam. CTgirl 11-24-08 3
 RE: Russian street spam. samboohoo 11-24-08 4
 RE: Russian street spam. kingfish 11-24-08 5
   RE: Russian street spam. byoffer 11-24-08 6
       RE: Russian street spam. qwertypie 11-24-08 7
           RE: Russian street spam. Seana 11-24-08 8
               RE: Russian street spam. jbug 11-24-08 9
                   RE: Russian street spam. byoffer 11-24-08 12
                       RE: Russian street spam. finallytyping 11-24-08 14
                           RE: Russian street spam. Bebo 11-24-08 15
                               RE: Russian street spam. finallytyping 11-24-08 16
 RE: Russian street spam. PagongRatEater 11-24-08 10
 RE: Russian street spam. KeithFan 11-24-08 11
 Thread moved here from OT IceCat 11-24-08 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Russian street spam."
A "24-hour shoe store" at the airport in Almaty, Kazakhstan? Yeah, right.

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Russian street spam."
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-08 AT 08:34 AM (EST)

You've never heard of them before this? I thought everyone knew that company. They're a fully-owned subsidiary of B&L Emergency Rail Transport Unlimited.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Russian street spam."
Don't forget to advertise their special powers: they make you incredibly graceful and coordinated especially when you have to march or learn a new dance.

Mangafied by Slice

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Russian street spam."
Darnit! I just shelled out $75 for these new elite Nikes.

Tis the season.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Russian street spam."
I drove a cab in a big city (Houston TX, don't know how that compares with Moscow) for a while going to school, and the list of options is very short for those who ride but can't pay, Go to Jail. Especially for a large fare.

They were very lucky that cab driver didn't call a Russian cop, or that would have been an elimination leg for them, regardless of the rules of TAR.

Those guys are clueless.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Russian street spam."
Aside from the legal aspects (I wonder if the driver would have reacted differently if the camera had not been rolling) I thought TAR had rules against stiffing cabbies. They used to make teams "earn" money to pay their fares (read beg) but I understand that begging is now not allowed.

Phil would have supported a rules-based elimination, even in a non-elim leg.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Russian street spam."
I think you can't leave until the cabbie is satisfied (people often negociate rates before hand). I was hoping he'd call the cops on them.

And Phil's "I'm sorry to say.... you are both still in the race." was hilarious (because it was so truthful)

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Russian street spam."
I wanted to see him call the cops too. There's some reality for your reality show. Poor bastige. That was a lot of gas he wasted.

What did they give him at the the end, I couldn't quite see. A watch?

Sig by mystic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Russian street spam."
It looked like something flat - that he took out of his wallet.

My name is Jbug and I'm a shopaholic (Agman is too)

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Russian street spam."
I think they had already given him all the $US they had, and at the end they ave him a few bills of another (mostly useless) currency that they had left from their travels.

They should have been well-tipped at the military camp. That comedy show they provided during the marching was better than anything Bob Hope ever did with the USO.

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-24-08, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Russian street spam."
don't you think the cabbie should have asked the video guy for something? Like his
camera?

The marching scene had me laughing so hard I could barely breathe! I lvoed it.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Russian street spam."
Monty Python didn't even do it better...RIGHT. Now it's time for Marching Up and Down the Square!

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-24-08, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Russian street spam."
Ha ha, yes, definitely a silly walk.

He was just trying soooo hard, though! I'm embarrassed to admit that today
while I was swimming, I thought of that scene and had to stop mid-stroke
because I couldn't breathe from laughing!

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Russian street spam."
Given the apparent non-existence of socks in the former Soviet Union, I wouldn't want someones old shoes either.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Russian street spam."
Don't you realize how magic those shoes are?

Dan didn't have his magic shoes for the military challenge, and he could barely walk, let alone march, without looking like Navin R Johnson back on the homestead.

They must be worth millions.

The FANLINE is now open.

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Thread moved here from OT"

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •