URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1646
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Russian street spam."

Posted by Estee on 11-24-08 at 08:05 AM
Genuine Kazakhstanian sneakers! Available today only in a startling range of one whole size! Worn just once by a little white man from Arizona who walked so poorly, heels never touched ground! Only one hundred American dollars or one free cab ride, your choice! How can you pass up such an incredible offer?

...you're passing up such an incredible offer.

Some people just have no appreciation of value.

It's a major savings! Those same shoes cost $160 at the airport!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Russian street spam."
Posted by Max Headroom on 11-24-08 at 08:10 AM
A "24-hour shoe store" at the airport in Almaty, Kazakhstan? Yeah, right.

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

Posted by Estee on 11-24-08 at 08:34 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-08 AT 08:34 AM (EST)

You've never heard of them before this? I thought everyone knew that company. They're a fully-owned subsidiary of B&L Emergency Rail Transport Unlimited.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-24-08 at 08:44 AM
Don't forget to advertise their special powers: they make you incredibly graceful and coordinated especially when you have to march or learn a new dance.

Mangafied by Slice

Posted by samboohoo on 11-24-08 at 08:49 AM
Darnit! I just shelled out $75 for these new elite Nikes.

Tis the season.

Posted by kingfish on 11-24-08 at 08:50 AM
I drove a cab in a big city (Houston TX, don't know how that compares with Moscow) for a while going to school, and the list of options is very short for those who ride but can't pay, Go to Jail. Especially for a large fare.

They were very lucky that cab driver didn't call a Russian cop, or that would have been an elimination leg for them, regardless of the rules of TAR.

Those guys are clueless.

Posted by byoffer on 11-24-08 at 09:25 AM
Aside from the legal aspects (I wonder if the driver would have reacted differently if the camera had not been rolling) I thought TAR had rules against stiffing cabbies. They used to make teams "earn" money to pay their fares (read beg) but I understand that begging is now not allowed.

Phil would have supported a rules-based elimination, even in a non-elim leg.

Posted by qwertypie on 11-24-08 at 09:43 AM
I think you can't leave until the cabbie is satisfied (people often negociate rates before hand). I was hoping he'd call the cops on them.

And Phil's "I'm sorry to say.... you are both still in the race." was hilarious (because it was so truthful)

Posted by Seana on 11-24-08 at 09:53 AM
I wanted to see him call the cops too. There's some reality for your reality show. Poor bastige. That was a lot of gas he wasted.

What did they give him at the the end, I couldn't quite see. A watch?

Sig by mystic

Posted by jbug on 11-24-08 at 09:56 AM
It looked like something flat - that he took out of his wallet.

My name is Jbug and I'm a shopaholic (Agman is too)

Posted by byoffer on 11-24-08 at 10:38 AM
I think they had already given him all the $US they had, and at the end they ave him a few bills of another (mostly useless) currency that they had left from their travels.

They should have been well-tipped at the military camp. That comedy show they provided during the marching was better than anything Bob Hope ever did with the USO.

Posted by finallytyping on 11-24-08 at 12:05 PM
don't you think the cabbie should have asked the video guy for something? Like his
camera?

The marching scene had me laughing so hard I could barely breathe! I lvoed it.

Posted by Bebo on 11-24-08 at 12:17 PM
Monty Python didn't even do it better...RIGHT. Now it's time for Marching Up and Down the Square!

Posted by finallytyping on 11-24-08 at 05:49 PM
Ha ha, yes, definitely a silly walk.

He was just trying soooo hard, though! I'm embarrassed to admit that today
while I was swimming, I thought of that scene and had to stop mid-stroke
because I couldn't breathe from laughing!

Posted by PagongRatEater on 11-24-08 at 10:07 AM
Given the apparent non-existence of socks in the former Soviet Union, I wouldn't want someones old shoes either.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

Posted by KeithFan on 11-24-08 at 10:08 AM
Don't you realize how magic those shoes are?

Dan didn't have his magic shoes for the military challenge, and he could barely walk, let alone march, without looking like Navin R Johnson back on the homestead.

They must be worth millions.

The FANLINE is now open.

"Thread moved here from OT"
Posted by IceCat on 11-24-08 at 11:37 AM