The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I hate the Sunday time slot!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-03-07, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I hate the Sunday time slot!"
I have to record TAR in order to watch it and I hate not watching it in real time. This week I didn't get to watch until Friday! Move it back to Tuesdays!!!

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! Sahara 03-03-07 1
   RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! aquariaqueen 03-05-07 3
 RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! Max Headroom 03-05-07 2
   RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! Earl Colby Pottinger 03-07-07 6
       RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! Max Headroom 03-08-07 7
 RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! mjames1229 03-05-07 4
   RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! Cyndimaus 03-05-07 5
       RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! indy42 03-10-07 8
           RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! mysticwolf 03-10-07 9
               RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! indy42 03-11-07 10
                   RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! mysticwolf 03-12-07 11
 RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! ladybugen 03-14-07 12
 RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! Jims02 03-14-07 13
   RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! indy42 03-17-07 14
       RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! Cyndimaus 03-17-07 15
 3/24 Delay Time Over/Under Cygnus X1 03-25-07 16
   RE: 3/24 Delay Time Over/Under Snidget 03-25-07 17
       RE: 3/24 Delay Time Over/Under Estee 03-25-07 18
 RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! Cygnus X1 05-28-07 19
 I was afraid of this dabo 10-23-07 20
   RE: I was afraid of this qwertypie 10-23-07 21
       RE: I was afraid of this tvgeek401 10-28-07 22
   RE: I was afraid of this geg6 10-29-07 23
 RE: I hate the Sunday time slot! mattben 10-30-07 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-03-07, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
I'm with you, Cyndi! And to record it, you never know when it will really start. I hate it.

AF 2006

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-05-07, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
Agreed, everything seems to start 15-20 minutes late on Sundays due to sports and such. Sunday, March 4th started on time for the first time in a long time.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-07, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
TAR needs better ratings to get a better time slot.

At least we're done with delays due to late NFL games!

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-07-07, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
But it needs a better time slot to get better ratings!

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
Indeed. It's a catch-22 and all 15 of us remaining TAR fans are screwed.

mjames1229 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-05-07, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mjames1229 Click to send private message to mjames1229 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
>I have to record TAR in
>order to watch it and
>I hate not watching it
>in real time. This week
>I didn't get to watch
>until Friday! Move it back
>to Tuesdays!!!
>
In theory, I agree that the show seemed more important on Tuesday nights. I know that with school-age kids, Sunday nights are filled with forgotten homework, chores that were ignored all weekend (must be done by bedtime Sunday to get allowance), and showers. If the casual watcher is too busy to watch this serial every week, they may not bother.

HOWEVER, my dear friend. If you didn't watch last week until Friday, how would it have been better if the show was aired on Tuesday? You would have had to record it for later watching anyway, right? )

03-05-07, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
If it was on Tuesday I wouldn't have had to record it. I would have been sitting on my couch watching it unfold at it's proper time slot. I'm gone on Sunday evenings until usually 8:30.

At least being a west coast DAW I don't have to deal with sports delays. It's always on right on time. (I'm just not there to enjoy it)

BTW, I got to watch this weeks episode on Sunday night after the kids were finally in bed.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

indy42 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-10-07, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail indy42 Click to send private message to indy42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
A Sunday time slot is much better for kids who want to watch, especially since TAR is one of the few kid-friendly reality shows out there. Tuesdays at 9 are inconvenient, but it was stupidest when they kept it there for TARFE, where there were actual kids and teens racing...

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-07, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
Given that most kids that might like watching have to be up for school on Monday morning, I fail to understand why Sunday is better than Tuesday.

Besides, on Tuesdays it was at least shown on time. So watching kids got to bed by 10, at least. But now, on the East Coast, it is inevitably delayed when sports go long, meaning it often doesn't start until 9:30 or after. I'd think that would be even worse for kids watching.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary

03-11-07, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail indy42 Click to send private message to indy42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
Because kids have homework on the weekdays, and most parents set weekday restrictions for television, especially during the week.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
Figured that Sun. night was traditionally a crunch time for homework. 'Least it was when I was in school. Maybe things are different now. My bad, I guess.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary

ladybugen 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-14-07, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladybugen Click to send private message to ladybugen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
Tuesday would be a horrible time slot - right up against American Idol. And Idol likes to take over Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday so most weeknights are out. Plus, there are 27 million people watching House on Tuesdays at 9....TAR would never survive that.

I like Sunday night. I've set my Tivo to make up for any sports delays and this way it actually gives me something to look forward to watching on one of the most boring TV nights.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-07, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
I hate it too, not only because of the ratings, but also because it's on at the same time as The Simpsons.

03-17-07, 10:45 AM (EST)
14. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
You have to pick your poison. Every day of the week has a popular show on.
Mondays: Heroes
Tuesdays: American Idol
Wednesday: Lost
etc., etc.

03-17-07, 11:08 AM (EST)
15. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
They could totally beat "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader". (it started on Tuesdays, they could of put TAR in that time slot)

sig courtesy of Cygnus
Go WSU Cougars!

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-07, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "3/24 Delay Time Over/Under"
Considering that the second game to determine the Final Four doesn't start until 5:05 Eastern, how many minutes late will tonight's episode start?

I say 22. (For entertainment purposes only )

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-07, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 3/24 Delay Time Over/Under"
Should start about oh, lets say Tuesday.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-07, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 3/24 Delay Time Over/Under"
Okay. It's a forty-minute game. (Start laughing now.) Nothing, but nothing stops, cuts down, or speeds up 60 Minutes, at least nothing that exists in this world. Figure in for commercials, TV timeouts, regular timeouts, someone pounding Billy Packer's face into the floor because he hates all reality television and will talk endlessly just to torture us and you know it, lots of shots of the more attractive people in the fan base plus cheerleaders, and maybe some actual gameplay if there's no way they can avoid it -- 9:15-9:24 p.m.

Possibly in September.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-07, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-07 AT 11:19 PM (EST)

Bumping because I found out today that SeeBeeSss was running coverage of the Colonial PGA tournament yesterday (Sunday, 5/27). While not a major, the Colonial isn't an insignificant PGA tour event either.

Well, when a three-way playoff was about to take place by 6 PM ET, when coverage was scheduled to end, what did SeeBeeSss do? It moved coverage of the playoff to the Golf Channel, and left the Sunday night lineup (60 Minutes, back-to-back Cold Case, and Without a Trace) intact. And all but 60 Minutes were reruns.

It's pretty reprehensible that SeeBeeSss didn't think to relocate the coverage when the Nissan Open (less prestigious than the Colonial, IMO) back in February shoved TAR (and the other shows) back by a considerable amount of time.

Grrrr.

You've been warned, so don't complain.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-07, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "I was afraid of this"
http://www.realitytvworld.com/apwire/news/cbs-cancels-jackman-viva-laughlin-1.php?articleId=9854976&channelId=590

It will be replaced next Sunday by a "CSI" rerun, with reality series "The Amazing Race" then taking over the time period, CBS (part of CBS Corp.) said Monday.

I actually watched both episodes of Laughlin, boy was it bashable.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-07, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: I was afraid of this"
less than two weeks ----HOORAY!!!!!

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-28-07, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I was afraid of this"
I'm disappointed about the time-slot, too. I work Sunday nights so I've missed the last couple seasons live and my family can't be trusted to tivo the show. I'd miss 3 or 4 episodes a season.

Still, watching the East Coast SPoiler Thread is more interesting than watching the Red Sox play the Rockies online. Every 30 seconds, I see a circle fly in to tell me whether it was a ball or strike.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!
GO BOSTON!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-07, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: I was afraid of this"
And I can't begin to say how happy I am!

FINALLY! Something will be on the tube on Sundays that I can bear to watch besides 60 Minutes.

Sunday night is the Death Valley of television. Until TAR comes back, that is.

The only thing that's kept me sane Sundays until now is The Next Iron Chef. But they repeat it eleventy-hundred times throughout the week and also on OnDemand. About time I get something to watch one of the few nights I'm guaranteed to be at home and watching the tube.

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-30-07, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
The usual football induced bump is a little annoying for taping purposes. That's my only complaint.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •