URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1474
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I hate the Sunday time slot!"

Posted by Cyndimaus on 03-03-07 at 02:59 PM
I have to record TAR in order to watch it and I hate not watching it in real time. This week I didn't get to watch until Friday! Move it back to Tuesdays!!!

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I hate the Sunday time slot!"
Posted by Sahara on 03-03-07 at 04:18 PM
I'm with you, Cyndi! And to record it, you never know when it will really start. I hate it.

AF 2006

Posted by aquariaqueen on 03-05-07 at 09:44 AM
Agreed, everything seems to start 15-20 minutes late on Sundays due to sports and such. Sunday, March 4th started on time for the first time in a long time.

Posted by Max Headroom on 03-05-07 at 09:21 AM
TAR needs better ratings to get a better time slot.

At least we're done with delays due to late NFL games!

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 03-07-07 at 06:52 PM
But it needs a better time slot to get better ratings!

Posted by Max Headroom on 03-08-07 at 08:09 AM
Indeed. It's a catch-22 and all 15 of us remaining TAR fans are screwed.

Posted by mjames1229 on 03-05-07 at 11:37 AM
>I have to record TAR in
>order to watch it and
>I hate not watching it
>in real time. This week
>I didn't get to watch
>until Friday! Move it back
>to Tuesdays!!!
>
In theory, I agree that the show seemed more important on Tuesday nights. I know that with school-age kids, Sunday nights are filled with forgotten homework, chores that were ignored all weekend (must be done by bedtime Sunday to get allowance), and showers. If the casual watcher is too busy to watch this serial every week, they may not bother.

HOWEVER, my dear friend. If you didn't watch last week until Friday, how would it have been better if the show was aired on Tuesday? You would have had to record it for later watching anyway, right? )

Posted by Cyndimaus on 03-05-07 at 02:21 PM
If it was on Tuesday I wouldn't have had to record it. I would have been sitting on my couch watching it unfold at it's proper time slot. I'm gone on Sunday evenings until usually 8:30.

At least being a west coast DAW I don't have to deal with sports delays. It's always on right on time. (I'm just not there to enjoy it)

BTW, I got to watch this weeks episode on Sunday night after the kids were finally in bed.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Posted by indy42 on 03-10-07 at 05:43 PM
A Sunday time slot is much better for kids who want to watch, especially since TAR is one of the few kid-friendly reality shows out there. Tuesdays at 9 are inconvenient, but it was stupidest when they kept it there for TARFE, where there were actual kids and teens racing...

Posted by mysticwolf on 03-10-07 at 06:11 PM
Given that most kids that might like watching have to be up for school on Monday morning, I fail to understand why Sunday is better than Tuesday.

Besides, on Tuesdays it was at least shown on time. So watching kids got to bed by 10, at least. But now, on the East Coast, it is inevitably delayed when sports go long, meaning it often doesn't start until 9:30 or after. I'd think that would be even worse for kids watching.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary

Posted by indy42 on 03-11-07 at 11:22 PM
Because kids have homework on the weekdays, and most parents set weekday restrictions for television, especially during the week.

Posted by mysticwolf on 03-12-07 at 00:12 AM
Figured that Sun. night was traditionally a crunch time for homework. 'Least it was when I was in school. Maybe things are different now. My bad, I guess.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary

Posted by ladybugen on 03-14-07 at 08:49 AM
Tuesday would be a horrible time slot - right up against American Idol. And Idol likes to take over Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday so most weeknights are out. Plus, there are 27 million people watching House on Tuesdays at 9....TAR would never survive that.

I like Sunday night. I've set my Tivo to make up for any sports delays and this way it actually gives me something to look forward to watching on one of the most boring TV nights.

Posted by Jims02 on 03-14-07 at 02:17 PM
I hate it too, not only because of the ratings, but also because it's on at the same time as The Simpsons.

Posted by indy42 on 03-17-07 at 10:45 AM
You have to pick your poison. Every day of the week has a popular show on.
Mondays: Heroes
Tuesdays: American Idol
Wednesday: Lost
etc., etc.

Posted by Cyndimaus on 03-17-07 at 11:08 AM
They could totally beat "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader". (it started on Tuesdays, they could of put TAR in that time slot)

sig courtesy of Cygnus
Go WSU Cougars!

"3/24 Delay Time Over/Under"
Posted by Cygnus X1 on 03-25-07 at 08:24 AM
Considering that the second game to determine the Final Four doesn't start until 5:05 Eastern, how many minutes late will tonight's episode start?

I say 22. (For entertainment purposes only )

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

"RE: 3/24 Delay Time Over/Under"
Posted by Snidget on 03-25-07 at 08:28 AM
Should start about oh, lets say Tuesday.

"RE: 3/24 Delay Time Over/Under"
Posted by Estee on 03-25-07 at 10:10 AM
Okay. It's a forty-minute game. (Start laughing now.) Nothing, but nothing stops, cuts down, or speeds up 60 Minutes, at least nothing that exists in this world. Figure in for commercials, TV timeouts, regular timeouts, someone pounding Billy Packer's face into the floor because he hates all reality television and will talk endlessly just to torture us and you know it, lots of shots of the more attractive people in the fan base plus cheerleaders, and maybe some actual gameplay if there's no way they can avoid it -- 9:15-9:24 p.m.

Possibly in September.

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 05-28-07 at 10:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-07 AT 11:19 PM (EST)

Bumping because I found out today that SeeBeeSss was running coverage of the Colonial PGA tournament yesterday (Sunday, 5/27). While not a major, the Colonial isn't an insignificant PGA tour event either.

Well, when a three-way playoff was about to take place by 6 PM ET, when coverage was scheduled to end, what did SeeBeeSss do? It moved coverage of the playoff to the Golf Channel, and left the Sunday night lineup (60 Minutes, back-to-back Cold Case, and Without a Trace) intact. And all but 60 Minutes were reruns.

It's pretty reprehensible that SeeBeeSss didn't think to relocate the coverage when the Nissan Open (less prestigious than the Colonial, IMO) back in February shoved TAR (and the other shows) back by a considerable amount of time.

Grrrr.

You've been warned, so don't complain.

"I was afraid of this"
Posted by dabo on 10-23-07 at 01:51 AM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/apwire/news/cbs-cancels-jackman-viva-laughlin-1.php?articleId=9854976&channelId=590

It will be replaced next Sunday by a "CSI" rerun, with reality series "The Amazing Race" then taking over the time period, CBS (part of CBS Corp.) said Monday.

I actually watched both episodes of Laughlin, boy was it bashable.

"RE: I was afraid of this"
Posted by qwertypie on 10-23-07 at 04:45 PM
less than two weeks ----HOORAY!!!!!

Posted by tvgeek401 on 10-28-07 at 08:59 PM
I'm disappointed about the time-slot, too. I work Sunday nights so I've missed the last couple seasons live and my family can't be trusted to tivo the show. I'd miss 3 or 4 episodes a season.

Still, watching the East Coast SPoiler Thread is more interesting than watching the Red Sox play the Rockies online. Every 30 seconds, I see a circle fly in to tell me whether it was a ball or strike.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!
GO BOSTON!

Posted by geg6 on 10-29-07 at 02:27 PM
And I can't begin to say how happy I am!

FINALLY! Something will be on the tube on Sundays that I can bear to watch besides 60 Minutes.

Sunday night is the Death Valley of television. Until TAR comes back, that is.

The only thing that's kept me sane Sundays until now is The Next Iron Chef. But they repeat it eleventy-hundred times throughout the week and also on OnDemand. About time I get something to watch one of the few nights I'm guaranteed to be at home and watching the tube.

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

Posted by mattben on 10-30-07 at 07:36 PM
The usual football induced bump is a little annoying for taping purposes. That's my only complaint.