The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Revolution"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-25-12, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Revolution"
I'm not the only person watching this, right? I am definitely getting into it. Episode 2 had a 'Lostian' flashback. You remember, particularly in season 1 of Lost, each flashback gave you insight into the character and why they acted like they did on the island in that particular episode. It was a great device that made the first season so irresistible.

Last night, Charlie had to do something she'd never done before - kill a man. As she got closer and closer to the moment when she'd have to do it, we watched a crucial flashback to the first time her mother had to kill someone, shortly after the blackout, as a 7 year old Charlie watched. Wonderfully effective character building moment for both mother and daughter and demonstrated very clearly the crazy world of the show.

It has interesting characters... love the Google millionaire who found himself with absolutely nothing after all the electricity went away. And the English woman who carries around her iPhone because it holds the only pics she has of her children (who I am assuming are in England). How about Giancarlo Esposito's awesome evil character who is ripe for redemption?

And now there's a subplot (soon to be main plot, I think) of a band of revolutionaries fighting against the oppressive regime. Their symbol? The American flag. How can you not like it?

Yeah, I am digging it. What about you?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Revolution mrc 09-25-12 1
   RE: Revolution KwietOne 09-26-12 2
 RE: Revolution weltek 09-28-12 3
   RE: Revolution trigirl 10-01-12 4
   RE: Revolution KwietOne 10-03-12 6
   RE: Revolution Pretty_Kitty 10-10-12 8
 RE: Revolution zombiebaby 10-01-12 5
 RE: Revolution blacknwhitedog 10-04-12 7
 RE: Revolution Tummy 10-10-12 9
   RE: Revolution blacknwhitedog 10-12-12 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-12, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Revolution"
I like it a lot. Some of the scenery reminds me of The Walking Dead.

A Slice of Manga

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-26-12, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Revolution"
I've been waiting for a zombie to show up!

I like it too!

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-12, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Revolution"
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-12 AT 11:24 AM (EST)

I'm going to cross forum my comments on this show. It can be summed up in a few words: Need new lead actress and writing for her character.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-01-12, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Revolution"
I hate to agree Weltek, because the lead actress is Canadian, but she if AWFUL! She is not Katniss Everdeen or Tris Prior. Don't like her. Giancarlo Esposito however.... WOW! He is great in every role!

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-03-12, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Revolution"
I think the actress playing Charlie has only one expression - a furrowed brow. She sorta reminds me of that one actress who was in Alcatraz. I'm beginning to like her brother more now.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-10-12, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Revolution"
I want to love this show but I dislike the main character so much it hasnt been able to keep my attention. Maybe I read too much blind gossip but I keep wondering who she made "whoopie" with to get the part.

Kill off Charlie and we've got ourselves a show!

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-12, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Revolution"
I'm behind. I've only seen the first episode, need to watch the next one. But I did keep thinking they would run into the group from The Walking Dead going one way and then run into the group from Falling Skies. Post-apocalyptic worlds colliding.

The biggest problem with this show for me is that I'm not anxiously waiting to catch up even though I did enjoy the first episode.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-12, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Revolution"
Man I REALLY really want to like this show, and there are some interesting moments, but most of it is so bad. The girl actor is just dreadful. I'm not feeling the Twilight dad either. I do like the flashbacks with Monroe. The evil militia dude is great and I do like Hurley and Claire (LOL). Loved when the walkman and iPhone turned on for a bit- very LOST-y.

I know a show is kind of bad when I don't even care what the characters names are.

Oh and enough with the sword fights already!

Tardis by cahaya

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-10-12, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Revolution"
Loving it so far. And for all the reasons Bawdy doesn't.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-12, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Revolution"
Aw, they killed off the English chick.

Like the mom (Juliet from Lost) her story is interesting. Also like the brother and the militia dude.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •