URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 931
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Revolution"

Posted by Corvis on 09-25-12 at 01:02 PM
I'm not the only person watching this, right? I am definitely getting into it. Episode 2 had a 'Lostian' flashback. You remember, particularly in season 1 of Lost, each flashback gave you insight into the character and why they acted like they did on the island in that particular episode. It was a great device that made the first season so irresistible.

Last night, Charlie had to do something she'd never done before - kill a man. As she got closer and closer to the moment when she'd have to do it, we watched a crucial flashback to the first time her mother had to kill someone, shortly after the blackout, as a 7 year old Charlie watched. Wonderfully effective character building moment for both mother and daughter and demonstrated very clearly the crazy world of the show.

It has interesting characters... love the Google millionaire who found himself with absolutely nothing after all the electricity went away. And the English woman who carries around her iPhone because it holds the only pics she has of her children (who I am assuming are in England). How about Giancarlo Esposito's awesome evil character who is ripe for redemption?

And now there's a subplot (soon to be main plot, I think) of a band of revolutionaries fighting against the oppressive regime. Their symbol? The American flag. How can you not like it?

Yeah, I am digging it. What about you?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Revolution"
Posted by mrc on 09-25-12 at 04:45 PM
I like it a lot. Some of the scenery reminds me of The Walking Dead.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by KwietOne on 09-26-12 at 06:59 PM
I've been waiting for a zombie to show up!

I like it too!

Posted by weltek on 09-28-12 at 11:23 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-12 AT 11:24 AM (EST)

I'm going to cross forum my comments on this show. It can be summed up in a few words: Need new lead actress and writing for her character.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by trigirl on 10-01-12 at 01:44 PM
I hate to agree Weltek, because the lead actress is Canadian, but she if AWFUL! She is not Katniss Everdeen or Tris Prior. Don't like her. Giancarlo Esposito however.... WOW! He is great in every role!

Posted by KwietOne on 10-03-12 at 04:37 PM
I think the actress playing Charlie has only one expression - a furrowed brow. She sorta reminds me of that one actress who was in Alcatraz. I'm beginning to like her brother more now.

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 10-10-12 at 02:56 PM
I want to love this show but I dislike the main character so much it hasnt been able to keep my attention. Maybe I read too much blind gossip but I keep wondering who she made "whoopie" with to get the part.

Kill off Charlie and we've got ourselves a show!

Posted by zombiebaby on 10-01-12 at 03:06 PM
I'm behind. I've only seen the first episode, need to watch the next one. But I did keep thinking they would run into the group from The Walking Dead going one way and then run into the group from Falling Skies. Post-apocalyptic worlds colliding.

The biggest problem with this show for me is that I'm not anxiously waiting to catch up even though I did enjoy the first episode.

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 10-04-12 at 06:44 PM
Man I REALLY really want to like this show, and there are some interesting moments, but most of it is so bad. The girl actor is just dreadful. I'm not feeling the Twilight dad either. I do like the flashbacks with Monroe. The evil militia dude is great and I do like Hurley and Claire (LOL). Loved when the walkman and iPhone turned on for a bit- very LOST-y.

I know a show is kind of bad when I don't even care what the characters names are.

Oh and enough with the sword fights already!

Tardis by cahaya

Posted by Tummy on 10-10-12 at 05:32 PM
Loving it so far. And for all the reasons Bawdy doesn't.

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 10-12-12 at 07:26 PM
Aw, they killed off the English chick.

Like the mom (Juliet from Lost) her story is interesting. Also like the brother and the militia dude.