The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

tortfeasorette 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-07-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"?"
I'm new, so I think this is the right place to put this, but if it's not -- sorry!

Last week, my local radio station's morning show did a bit about this German television show that's a spinoff of American Idol. Only on this show, instead of "amateurs" competing for a record contract, it's washed up pop stars competing for a second chance. This season's competitors were mostly europeans, but Coolio (COOLIO?) and The Weather Girls were also in the competition.

Seriously, I would pay cash money to watch that. Can you imagine? Instead of waiting for VH1 to show One Hit Wonders, you too could watch Rick Astley or Shanice sing again... Since there wouldn't have to be weeks of auditions, wouldn't this be the perfect Fall Season complement to American Idol? Talk about the ultimate 80's night!

Anyone want to suggest other washed up pop stars to sing on this show?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"? managerr 04-07-04 1
   RE: AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"? tortfeasorette 04-07-04 2
       RE: AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"? greenmonstah 04-07-04 5
 RE: AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"? smakitupflipit 04-07-04 3
   RE: AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"? zombiebaby 04-07-04 4
       RE: AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"? applesugar 04-07-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-07-04, 11:36 AM (EST)
1. "RE: AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"?"
As if Coolio wasn't done with all the reality shows he could get on in the United States--now we're on to Europe!

Yeah, Fox was toying with the idea of washed up singers, but decided they didn't want to dilute the franchise. Seeing as (I think) this is a 19E show as well, it's unlikely we'd see it on another network too.

tortfeasorette 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-07-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
2. "RE: AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"?"
Wait. FOX doesn't think that forcing us to watch Camile Velasco, John Stevens, and Jon Peter Lewis swing cats above their head, I mean sing, every week ISN'T diluting the franchise? Delusional.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-07-04, 07:27 PM (EST)
5. "RE: AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"?"
Swing cats above their heads...in other words a CATapult

Thank you, Thank you. Here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress

smakitupflipit 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-07-04, 07:16 PM (EST)
3. "RE: AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"?"
ok...let's see

Pop
Shannon
Alannah Myles
Finola Apple
The DiVynals
Starship

Rap
Kool Moe Dee
Hammer
Big Daddy Kane
Third Bass

Country
Glen Campbell
Sawyer Brown
Joe Diffie

Rock
Whitesnake
Winger
Cinderella
Poison
Trixter
I could go on forever her

Metal
Judas Priest
Quiet Riot
Megadeath
GNR

it would be awesome call it "catch a falling star"

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-07-04, 07:23 PM (EST)
4. "RE: AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"?"
Don't forget DeBarge!

A little "Rythym of the Night" anyone?

applesugar 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-07-04, 10:13 PM (EST)
6. "RE: AI Spinoff -- "Comeback"?"
I would love to see a show like that!! I don't if you guys remember a girl group called "Pure Soul". They were really good. I mean really good. Can't think of the name of there big hit but I know it was a wedding song. Anyway that was 8 years ago and I still listen to there CD and every one of there songs on that one CD was the bomb!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •