The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"did your sound suck?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-16-04, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"did your sound suck?"
I had a hard time hearing the vocals on some performances.

how about ya'll?

the Piano was loud and backup vocals were louder.....drowning out the lead.

anybody else hear this problem?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: did your sound suck? Wingbob 03-17-04 1
 RE: did your sound suck? grit 03-17-04 2
   RE: did your sound suck? Ricky 03-17-04 5
 RE: did your sound suck? libgirl2 03-17-04 3
 RE: did your sound suck? buckeyegirl 03-17-04 4
 RE: did your sound suck? MTW1961 03-17-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wingbob 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-17-04, 07:24 AM (EST)
1. "RE: did your sound suck?"
Ditto

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-17-04, 08:25 AM (EST)
2. "RE: did your sound suck?"
The problem wasn't the backup music - it was the singers. Some of them just don't have very powerful voices or a big vocal range. Amy is probably a good example of this. When she was hitting notes in a range that she was comfortable with, she was louder than the backup music. But, when she was hitting some of those higher notes, her voice faded and the music sounded too loud in comparison.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-17-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
5. "RE: did your sound suck?"
Maybe so, but that's where the producers need to adjust the "sound mix". We should never hear background singers or the instruments drowning out the main singer. What we actually hear can be controlled and is called the mix.

libgirl2 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-17-04, 08:34 AM (EST)
3. "RE: did your sound suck?"
I was wondering about that too. I had a hard time hearing Latoya and Amy, but then others I could hear just fine. Wish I didn't hear Leah though. It can be a combo of the music being overloud and these kids not used to really having to quite belt it out over such loud music/not strong enough voices.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-04, 09:44 AM (EST)
4. "RE: did your sound suck?"
I think the back up vocals were just too loud...the singers just didn't have the voice to be heard over them.

A Kyngsladye Original. RMMW!

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-17-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
6. "RE: did your sound suck?"
i agree, and I don't think it was all the fault of the singers. Same thing happened last week too. It leaves me feeling underwhelmed by the performances.

Handcrafted by RollDdice - thanks, RollD, you are the MAN!

Proud Member RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division/Gummi Candy Section

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •