The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This show is a joke"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-12-12, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This show is a joke"
How could I predict they would do this from before the semi finals. Because the show is a joke! I was one week off for there bs shocker with there save.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: This show is a joke csnumber23 04-12-12 1
   RE: This show is a joke Estee 04-12-12 2
       RE: This show is a joke csnumber23 04-12-12 3
           RE: This show is a joke Estee 04-12-12 4
               RE: This show is a joke csnumber23 04-13-12 13
               RE: This show is a joke KeithFan 04-14-12 16
                   RE: This show is a joke csnumber23 04-14-12 17
           RE: This show is a joke Loree 04-12-12 5
               RE: This show is a joke csnumber23 04-12-12 6
               RE: This show is a joke emydi 04-13-12 8
                   RE: This show is a joke csnumber23 04-13-12 14
                       RE: This show is a joke emydi 04-16-12 21
 RE: This show is a joke agman 04-13-12 7
   RE: This show is a joke TWoman 04-13-12 9
       RE: This show is a joke agman 04-13-12 10
           RE: This show is a joke TWoman 04-13-12 11
               RE: This show is a joke agman 04-13-12 12
       RE: This show is a joke qwertypie 04-18-12 23
   RE: This show is a joke csnumber23 04-13-12 15
 CNN ain't buyin' it. Estee 04-15-12 18
   RE: CNN ain't buyin' it. agman 04-16-12 19
       RE: CNN ain't buyin' it. Estee 04-16-12 20
   RE: CNN ain't buyin' it. TWoman 04-16-12 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-12-12, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: This show is a joke"
Also, the bottom 3 was exactly the same as I said it should be. Obviously I am not the only one that isn't agreeing with the 3 clowns they call judges.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-12-12, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This show is a joke"
I'm with the Worsters: the best joke since Paula reviewing a performance which hadn't happened yet was Steven guaranteeing the use of a save on whoever happened to be the last-place vote. Because, you know, they had no idea who that was going to be.

The battlecry of the moment is 'Rigged!', and the overall idea is that the show is trying to outdo X-Factor: instead of 'didn't make the first cut and then won', we have 'was voted off and then won'. Vote for whoever you want, America -- but don't have total faith that those votes are being counted. In fact, the only way I believe these results is if Jessica goes out before F4.

Does the show want a credible winner? And have they decided the only way to do it is to throw away their own remaining credibility and go full-on script?

Conspiracy theory. But those aren't always wrong.

04-12-12, 09:40 PM (EST)
3. "RE: This show is a joke"
I agree, I think they are going to hand it to Jessica. If it goes down this way, I will be completely done with the show. I am already not sure if I can watch another season. No doubt next week Hollie will be eliminated. I don't think they'll do a double elim because the extra week do to Jermaine being kicked off.

04-12-12, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: This show is a joke"
From what I was able to track, Ryan said nothing about a double strike next week. I agree with your logic about not wanting to lose an episode -- I was half-expecting a charity week just to make that happen.

We may be at the point where the best hope for a neutral contest is -- Howard.

04-13-12, 08:51 PM (EST)
13. "RE: This show is a joke"
I agree, I am anxious to see that one.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-12, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: This show is a joke"
They may not have one, I'm not sure, but isn't there an extra week built in already because of the man with many names?

04-14-12, 01:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: This show is a joke"
Yeah I don't think they will do a double elim. I think Estee was referring to America's Got Talent with Howard Stern as a judge.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-12, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This show is a joke"
Next week I predict Hollie sings first. Jessica gets the pimp spot at the end of the show.

04-12-12, 11:35 PM (EST)
6. "RE: This show is a joke"
I agree completely and most likely Joshua will go 2nd to last.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-12, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: This show is a joke"
You stole my answer! Also Pia will sing next Thursday and they will pimp it up and down during Wed. show

04-13-12, 08:52 PM (EST)
14. "RE: This show is a joke"
Is that confirmed? Is she definitely performing next week.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-12, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: This show is a joke"
No JK WGWG #2 Kris Allen is performing his new single

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-12, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: This show is a joke"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-12 AT 09:54 AM (EST)

What a crock of ................ That was so contrived last night it wasn't even funny. If anyone ever had a doubt the show was fixed, that should have removed it. What's even worse, let's pretend for a second that the show isn't rigged, what kind of message does it send when the three so-called judges rush out of their seats to save a contestant then declare that she is the best singer in America? I thought the judges were suppose to be impartial.

Thankfully we don't have to ponder that too realistically because this show has become the Pro wrestling of the music world!

TWoman 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-13-12, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TWoman Click to send private message to TWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: This show is a joke"
I don't think anyone ever said the judges are impartial. The fact that they have a Save at all makes them not impartial. Sure they are supposed to start off impartial, but obviously they develop opinions over time.

I truly believe that the bottom three were the ones with the least amount of votes, but I do agree that the judges knew that Jessica was the lowest beforehand and had the whole save/rush the stage strategy planned in advance. Yes, this makes them trying to manipulate America's vote. No, I don't think their plans ever work too well. Jessica may make it to the Top 4 or even 3, but she will not win.

04-13-12, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: This show is a joke"
To me, the title Judge, implies an expected impartiality. If Randy is claiming that she is the best singer in America, what message is he sending the rest of the contestants?

04-13-12, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TWoman Click to send private message to TWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: This show is a joke"
I do agree it was over the top for Randy to declare Jessica one of the best singers in the world. Obviously she is not. But more to the point it's one thing to remind people to vote for their favorite, quite another for them to tell people who to vote for. So I think we are in agreement that the judges went too far last night. Where we disagree is on whether the whole vote count was rigged from the start in order to prop Jessica up.

04-13-12, 11:36 AM (EST)
12. "RE: This show is a joke"
I would agree with that assessment!

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-12, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: This show is a joke"
I assumed the rush was because Jessica was so undone by being rejected/unloved that she was singing out of tune and the judges wanted to minimize anything that would undermine the credibility of "the best singer"

04-13-12, 08:57 PM (EST)
15. "RE: This show is a joke"
Absolutely agree! These judges have ruined the show for me. They were all up and arms about the bottom 3 and said they were going to use the save. Well what if it was Elise? She was just bottom 2 last week and Jennifer wanted her gone over Deandre. She has also been down there a few other weeks. I believe the bottom 3 may have been accurate just because that was what I thought should have been the bottom 3 but I think if so, it was Elise who was lowest.

The way those judges acted last night was a disgrace to America and especially the other contestants. I have no doubt if Jessica wins, they will have fixed it.

04-15-12, 04:05 PM (EST)
18. "CNN ain't buyin' it."
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/13/showbiz/tv/idol-judges-save-sanchez-recap-ew/index.html

04-16-12, 09:56 AM (EST)
19. "RE: CNN ain't buyin' it."
Do you think the judges will even address this issue on the show, or just ignore it and move on?

04-16-12, 11:40 AM (EST)
20. "RE: CNN ain't buyin' it."
Ignore it and move on. If you never admit to other people's doubt, then it doesn't exist.

There was an old SNL sketch where the Iraqi minister of information under Saddam kept telling the press everything was fine, there was no invasion, and all was well -- as soldiers dismantled the place around him. He is the current dissemination model for the entire planet. And Nigel is an apt pupil.

04-16-12, 01:16 PM (EST)
22. "RE: CNN ain't buyin' it."
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-12 AT 10:06 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-16-12 AT 09:57 PM (EST)

I don't see anywhere in the article where Entertainment Weekly (reposted by CNN) said that the votes were fixed. They insinuate the fix was in to do the Save, which I definitely agree with. But I find it hard to believe that AI would risk lawsuits, scandal etc. to actually lie about the vote count. Paint me naive if you will.

And here's Nigel tellng TMZ what happened from his perspective
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bkZDObLdIc&feature=youtu.be

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •