URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3237
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"This show is a joke"

Posted by csnumber23 on 04-12-12 at 09:20 PM
How could I predict they would do this from before the semi finals. Because the show is a joke! I was one week off for there bs shocker with there save.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: This show is a joke"
Posted by csnumber23 on 04-12-12 at 09:24 PM
Also, the bottom 3 was exactly the same as I said it should be. Obviously I am not the only one that isn't agreeing with the 3 clowns they call judges.

Posted by Estee on 04-12-12 at 09:33 PM
I'm with the Worsters: the best joke since Paula reviewing a performance which hadn't happened yet was Steven guaranteeing the use of a save on whoever happened to be the last-place vote. Because, you know, they had no idea who that was going to be.

The battlecry of the moment is 'Rigged!', and the overall idea is that the show is trying to outdo X-Factor: instead of 'didn't make the first cut and then won', we have 'was voted off and then won'. Vote for whoever you want, America -- but don't have total faith that those votes are being counted. In fact, the only way I believe these results is if Jessica goes out before F4.

Does the show want a credible winner? And have they decided the only way to do it is to throw away their own remaining credibility and go full-on script?

Conspiracy theory. But those aren't always wrong.

Posted by csnumber23 on 04-12-12 at 09:40 PM
I agree, I think they are going to hand it to Jessica. If it goes down this way, I will be completely done with the show. I am already not sure if I can watch another season. No doubt next week Hollie will be eliminated. I don't think they'll do a double elim because the extra week do to Jermaine being kicked off.

Posted by Estee on 04-12-12 at 09:55 PM
From what I was able to track, Ryan said nothing about a double strike next week. I agree with your logic about not wanting to lose an episode -- I was half-expecting a charity week just to make that happen.

We may be at the point where the best hope for a neutral contest is -- Howard.

Posted by csnumber23 on 04-13-12 at 08:51 PM
I agree, I am anxious to see that one.

Posted by KeithFan on 04-14-12 at 01:55 AM
They may not have one, I'm not sure, but isn't there an extra week built in already because of the man with many names?

Posted by csnumber23 on 04-14-12 at 01:49 PM
Yeah I don't think they will do a double elim. I think Estee was referring to America's Got Talent with Howard Stern as a judge.

Posted by Loree on 04-12-12 at 11:03 PM
Next week I predict Hollie sings first. Jessica gets the pimp spot at the end of the show.

Posted by csnumber23 on 04-12-12 at 11:35 PM
I agree completely and most likely Joshua will go 2nd to last.

Posted by emydi on 04-13-12 at 10:29 AM
You stole my answer! Also Pia will sing next Thursday and they will pimp it up and down during Wed. show

Posted by csnumber23 on 04-13-12 at 08:52 PM
Is that confirmed? Is she definitely performing next week.

Posted by emydi on 04-16-12 at 12:40 PM
No JK WGWG #2 Kris Allen is performing his new single

Posted by agman on 04-13-12 at 09:53 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-12 AT 09:54 AM (EST)

What a crock of ................ That was so contrived last night it wasn't even funny. If anyone ever had a doubt the show was fixed, that should have removed it. What's even worse, let's pretend for a second that the show isn't rigged, what kind of message does it send when the three so-called judges rush out of their seats to save a contestant then declare that she is the best singer in America? I thought the judges were suppose to be impartial.

Thankfully we don't have to ponder that too realistically because this show has become the Pro wrestling of the music world!

Posted by TWoman on 04-13-12 at 10:52 AM
I don't think anyone ever said the judges are impartial. The fact that they have a Save at all makes them not impartial. Sure they are supposed to start off impartial, but obviously they develop opinions over time.

I truly believe that the bottom three were the ones with the least amount of votes, but I do agree that the judges knew that Jessica was the lowest beforehand and had the whole save/rush the stage strategy planned in advance. Yes, this makes them trying to manipulate America's vote. No, I don't think their plans ever work too well. Jessica may make it to the Top 4 or even 3, but she will not win.

Posted by agman on 04-13-12 at 11:03 AM
To me, the title Judge, implies an expected impartiality. If Randy is claiming that she is the best singer in America, what message is he sending the rest of the contestants?

Posted by TWoman on 04-13-12 at 11:28 AM
I do agree it was over the top for Randy to declare Jessica one of the best singers in the world. Obviously she is not. But more to the point it's one thing to remind people to vote for their favorite, quite another for them to tell people who to vote for. So I think we are in agreement that the judges went too far last night. Where we disagree is on whether the whole vote count was rigged from the start in order to prop Jessica up.

Posted by agman on 04-13-12 at 11:36 AM
I would agree with that assessment!

Posted by qwertypie on 04-18-12 at 05:48 PM
I assumed the rush was because Jessica was so undone by being rejected/unloved that she was singing out of tune and the judges wanted to minimize anything that would undermine the credibility of "the best singer"

Posted by csnumber23 on 04-13-12 at 08:57 PM
Absolutely agree! These judges have ruined the show for me. They were all up and arms about the bottom 3 and said they were going to use the save. Well what if it was Elise? She was just bottom 2 last week and Jennifer wanted her gone over Deandre. She has also been down there a few other weeks. I believe the bottom 3 may have been accurate just because that was what I thought should have been the bottom 3 but I think if so, it was Elise who was lowest.

The way those judges acted last night was a disgrace to America and especially the other contestants. I have no doubt if Jessica wins, they will have fixed it.

"CNN ain't buyin' it."
Posted by Estee on 04-15-12 at 04:05 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/13/showbiz/tv/idol-judges-save-sanchez-recap-ew/index.html

"RE: CNN ain't buyin' it."
Posted by agman on 04-16-12 at 09:56 AM
Do you think the judges will even address this issue on the show, or just ignore it and move on?

Posted by Estee on 04-16-12 at 11:40 AM
Ignore it and move on. If you never admit to other people's doubt, then it doesn't exist.

There was an old SNL sketch where the Iraqi minister of information under Saddam kept telling the press everything was fine, there was no invasion, and all was well -- as soldiers dismantled the place around him. He is the current dissemination model for the entire planet. And Nigel is an apt pupil.

Posted by TWoman on 04-16-12 at 01:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-12 AT 10:06 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-16-12 AT 09:57 PM (EST)

I don't see anywhere in the article where Entertainment Weekly (reposted by CNN) said that the votes were fixed. They insinuate the fix was in to do the Save, which I definitely agree with. But I find it hard to believe that AI would risk lawsuits, scandal etc. to actually lie about the vote count. Paint me naive if you will.

And here's Nigel tellng TMZ what happened from his perspective
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bkZDObLdIc&feature=youtu.be