The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Six (again) Rankings"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-02-07, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Six (again) Rankings"
So okay. Here we are again with the same "top" six we had last week. Two going home this week. <-- so not fair. hrmpf.

Jon Bon Jovi is beautiful.

1. Blake “You Give Love a Bad Name” - Blake is back! *jumps up and down* LOVE the dark hair on him. He could very well be the only person I will remember from this season (unless Phil gets a record deal or Melinda suddenly morphs into “Tina Turner” like everybody keeps trying to make me believe she’s going to do or Chris calls me).
2. Lakisha “This Ain’t a Love Song” – Loved it! I’d have kissed her too. I love that she stayed true to herself.
3. Chris “Wanted Dead or Alive” – I love Chris Daughtry (“really Glowie? I didn’t know that!”) and I was willing to pretend I forgot he did this song during cuddleclonepuppy’s performance. But then he went and reminded us all. I *actually* think he did really well. Just not Chris Daughtry well. I'd have rather not been forced to compare. The Richardson hate boggles my brain. Such a likable kid. And he.is.so.good.looking.
Call me, cuddlepuppy, you can sing to me all night long. *wink wink nudge nudge*
4. Phil “Blaze of Glory” – I thought he was great. Loved this song on him. Really didn’t understand the Steve Perry comment. I loved watching his wife. She was shooting love and pride from her eyeballs.
5. Melinda “Have a Nice Day” – Should have watched Lakisha not pretending to be a "rocker". yikesy
6. Jordin “Living on a Prayer” – awful. Everything about it was bad. Starting with telling Jon her mother is a fan. *rolls eyes* Why remind me that I’m old enough to have a 17 year old daughter. Brat.
But seriously? That was seriously bad.

"My name is Tim Riggins and I play fullback." -- Friday Night Lights

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings Magnolia_Rocker 05-02-07 1
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings Snidget 05-02-07 2
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings Breezy 05-02-07 3
   RE: Top Six (again) Rankings KoalaChick 05-02-07 8
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings Corvis 05-02-07 4
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings brvnkrz 05-02-07 5
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings bullzeye 05-02-07 6
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings Colonel Zoidberg 05-02-07 7
   RE: Top Six (again) Rankings bullzeye 05-02-07 9
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings cahaya 05-02-07 10
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings altpeach 05-02-07 11
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings Maroonclown 05-02-07 12
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings CwazyWabbit 05-02-07 13
   RE: Top Six (again) Rankings nogwart 05-02-07 14
       RE: Top Six (again) Rankings Glow 05-02-07 15
           RE: Top Six (again) Rankings bullzeye 05-02-07 20
       RE: Top Six (again) Rankings Snidget 05-02-07 21
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings agman 05-02-07 16
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings CTgirl 05-02-07 17
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings SilverStar 05-02-07 18
   RE: Top Six (again) Rankings tamarama 05-02-07 19
       RE: Top Six (again) Rankings zazzy 05-02-07 22
       RE: Top Six (again) Rankings agman 05-02-07 23
           RE: Top Six (again) Rankings tamarama 05-02-07 24
   RE: Top Six (again) Rankings Glow 05-03-07 26
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings iltarion 05-03-07 25
 RE: Top Six (again) Rankings snooks 05-03-07 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-02-07, 09:03 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-07 AT 09:03 AM (EST)

1. Blake - For the very first time this season I actually cheered after a performance and worked my DVR overtime rewinding to see this again. Ab.so.fvucking.lutely amazing. Moments like this are what keep me an AI fan even though this season as a whole has sucked nuts.

2. Phil - Not a fan of his looks but I am a fan of his voice. If he puts out a CD I'll probably buy it cause I don't have to look at him to listen to it. And he rocked this song.

3. Lakisha - I'm dumbfounded that she didn't have a clue who Bon Jovi was...???!!! Sacriledge!!!! But, I give her huge props for going through their many, MANY catalogue of songs to find this little known one that fit her to a tee. I think she did an awesome job and it was wonderful to see her personality again.

4. Melinda - Your great...blah, blah, blah...*yawn*

5. Chris - Oh my. This was terrible. My problem with Chris is I can't stand his tone of singing. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me everytime he opens his mouth. Did he hit most of the notes correctly? Yes. Did my ears still bleed? Yes. Too bad he couldn't have sneaked Daughtry in to be a stand-in for him. Daughtry....MmmmMMmmMMmm.

6. Jordin - Now, I really hate not having Chris last cause I think he sucks but hun...you screwed the pooch last night. Why in the name of all that's holy did you choose that song????? (Btw, ranked #1 on Mag's favorite songs of all time.) You couldn't even hit the low register so why did you not change song choice? I felt you should have done "It's My Life". I think you would have done a much better job on it. Sucky, suck, suckington.

In a league all his own:

Jon Bon Jovi - He makes me melt. And that voice? *swoon*

Snidget Mommyfied me!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-07, 09:56 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
1. Blake!!!!!!!!!

Way to show some creativity and take a risk.

2. Melinda.

Loved the attitude you showed in the song. Who knew you had that in you.

3. Lakisha.

Only because I have to (others bugged me worse). Is there anything in this world that will let some emotion show in your eyes when you sing. I don't know if you are that shy, or you don't care. I shouldn't have to mute the picture to get through your song.

Once, just once I'd like to see you pick something in an "out of your box" genre that was at least at widdle tiny bit out of your box. There is true to yourself, and there is proving incapable of doing anything different. Should you make the final 3 I want them to choose songs for you so out of your box you can't find it anymore.

4. Chris.

It was better for you, but not great and I really wanted to see Phil sing it as "Undead or Alive". Yes I am sick and twisted, I thought we already established that TYVM.

5. Jordin.

At least you got the big hair right.

6. Phil.

They put you first, I don't see anything of you besides the clip. They keep putting you first, do they know I don't care enough to rewind the DVR and watch the whole thing when I get home from class? I don't know how you did. I don't care. There isn't anyone I truely hated, so you end up last by default. Sorry dude.

It's a tribe creation!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-07, 09:57 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
1. Blake- Finally! A song I will be downloading from this season. That was awesome!

2. Melinda- Love her rocker side.

3. Phil- nice voice, just can't look at him.

4. Jordin- awwwww honey.... just not your night.

5. Lakisha- sorry, still not a fan of the big voice.

6. Chris- I honestly, can not even remember his performance.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-02-07, 11:50 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
Ditto...ditto...ditto!

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-02-07, 09:59 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
1. Blake “You Give Love a Bad Name” - This was the first time since the top 24 started I watched someone's performance a second time. He was just great. This is why Blake matters and why he should make the final two. He's got a great voice AND he's got a style that's unique.

2 (tie). Phil “Blaze of Glory” – Another great performance by Phil. I think he's got a great chance or surviving this week.

2 (tie). Melinda “Have a Nice Day” - She can even pull off a rockin' song. Honestly, she's a professional and way beyond this competition already. I don't like her as much as Blake or even Phil, but she has such amazing talent.

3. Lakisha “This Ain’t a Love Song” – She really did a great job with the song, but I really don't like her.

3. Chris “Wanted Dead or Alive” – It wasn't awful, but it wasn't as good as that song can be.

6. Jordin “Living on a Prayer” – That was one of the worst performances this whole season. I am worried about my pick to win this thing. Ack!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-07, 10:27 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
1. Blake. I absolutely loved it and want to download it. Loved it.
2. Melinda. She surprised me. I was worried about her being in the pimp spot but she wowed me.
3. Phil. I really liked this and I don't really care for him, usually.
4. Lakisha. Also surprised me.
5. Chris. Sorry, I couldn't help but compare him to Daughtry. No comparison.
6. Jordin. *sigh* I hate to put her here because I just really love her. Not at all her night.

Arkie Rocks!!!

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
Overall, I think last night was one of, if not the best nights of the season! Perhaps it had to do with JBJ - I had almost forgotten how much I used to love him.

1. Blake. I don't record AI (probably because I am still having issues admitting I even watch it, nevermind sharing my thoughts on a message board), but last night, I really regret not having taped it. As I mentioned in the update thread - picture bullzeye with a shvt-eating grin on his face for the entire song, and a "Whoo Hoo" afterwards! Loved it, loved it, and loved it.

2. Melinda. The kitten turned into a tiger on that one - loved her rocker attitude which I should have saw coming, but didn't.

Tie 3. Lakisha. . I was very worried about how she was going to perform last night, but mid way through, I said out loud "Sheeeeeeeee's Back!".

Tie 3. Phil. Did I just place him this high on my list? I couldn't possibly have done that could I? Yes, he deserved it. I don't think it was the best opener on AI evah, as Paula said, but he really surprised me with his energy and vocals. He creeps me, but he did well.

5. Chris. I can't seem to remove my bias with Chris. I think he has the look, just don't think he has the talent.

6. Jordin. Sorry girl, no amount of humble pie could excuse that train-wreck of a performance, and you know it. I'll at least give you props for that.

A birthday present from Tribe

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-02-07, 11:23 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
1. Jordin "Living On a Prayer" - Call me crazy, but I actually liked it. It's one of the best rock songs of all time and one of my favorites, and I don't think anyone besides her or Chris could hope to do justice to it.

2. Blake "You Give Love a Bad Name" - Once I figured out he wasn't going to rap/beatbox all the way through it, I enjoyed it. I am a hard rock fan. I am not a rap fan. Seeing any good hard rock turned into (c)rap doesn't sit well with me and I can't imagine that it sits well with a lot of people. But he pulled it off, against all odds.

3. Lakisha "This Ain't a Love Song" - Considering I didn't recognize the song, I thought she did an incredible job with it. My wife and I looked at each other wondering, "What the hell is Lakisha going to do?" But after the performance, I was on the phone voting for her, and she earned it.

4. Chris "Dead Or Alive" - All right, so it could have been better. But it was right up his alley.

5. Phil "Blaze of Glory" - Not bad, considering that he's out of his league. He needs to wear a hat, though.

6. Melinda "Have a Nice Day" - and I say this in the nicest way possible, since she really wasn't bad. But she was completely out of her element and made it very obvious. SHe's here because she flushed the Pimp Spot down the toilet.

05-02-07, 12:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
I am a hard rock fan. I am not a rap fan. Seeing any good hard rock turned into (c)rap doesn't sit well with me and I can't imagine that it sits well with a lot of people.

I totally hear you on that. Which is why I am consistently, and pleasantly surprised when he pulls it off. Never thought I would be singing the praises of a "beatboxer", as a matter of fact, prior to this season, wouldn't be able to tell you what a beatboxer was!

A birthday present from Tribe

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-07, 12:45 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
1. Melinda - Nice performance, lots of attitude, and (as always) all there. I might have preferred a different song choice for her, as (contrary to what Paula said) she's not really really a rocker, just an excellent singer!

2. Lakisha - Perfect song choice, nice performance, found her groove as the song went along. I didn't care for the chorus background which took a bit away from her voice, but that's saying something. Bon Jovi may be right, she may not go home after this performance. So much better than Jordin. Thumbs up.

3. Phil - Good song for Phil, not top notch but still a nice performance, he's getting better week by week. You can tell he likes the song and likes singing it. Thumbs up.

4. Blake - Quite different, brave, and as Simon said you'd either love it or hate it (I made the same comment to DW during the song!). I have to put myself in the latter (minority) camp. Points for originality and getting into it, but points off for a song I just couldn't get into. Thumbs up for the week.

5. Chris - Oh, it was an ok performance. I agree with Simon that he did all he could with it, but I just didn't feel any wow in it. Maybe a good performance for Chris, but he's going to be in trouble tonight.

6. Jordin - All over the place, leaning on the guitarists way too much to cover for vocals out of her zone, this was a bad performance by Jordin. She is definitely not a rocker (Gina may have done better), and she should have tried something different.

Foo dogs by tribe.

altpeach 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-02-07, 01:05 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
1. Lakisha (Wow, what a pleasant surprise. And Simon liked her lips!)
2. Phil (He is growing on me)
3. Chris (I didn't think it was all that bad, just not great.)
4. Melinda (Meh)
5. Blake (Hated it, hated it, hated it. IMO, he is sooo over-rated.)
6. Jordin ( What tha heck, the hair, the leaning on the band, the song, the everything!?! Just what tha heck!?!)

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-07, 01:27 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
I just don't know what to do about this. After much thought and a good night's sleep here's what I think.

1. Jon Bon Jovi. His work in rehearsals was second to none.

2. Ritchie Sambora. What? No honestly, what?

3. Phil. I love that song and I think he did an okay job on it. "Okay" is the top compliemnt I can give at this point.

4. Melinda. I'm on the same boat as everyone else in that she constantly hits it out of the park, except for this performance. I give that a solid "bunt"

5. Lakisha. This is a beautiful song and any die hard fan - did I mention I'm a fan? - knows this to be one of their finest, less well-known hits. Having said that I think Lakisha did herself a favour by not singing a song that everyone knows. Keeps her safe.

8. Jordin/Chris/Blake. They all sucked so they all belong in last place.

CwazyWabbit 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-02-07, 01:28 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
Okay, I have thought about doing this for quite a while, but I was always a little too scared as my thoughts are a bit different from this board, but I just can't contain myself this time around.

1. Melinda: She is not only a technically awesome singer, she has soul. She knows how to roll around in it.

2. Lakisha: For someone with little formal training, she has a natural talent. This was definitely a much more lively performance from her than in the past. I loved her attitude.

3. Phil: I liked it better the first time I watched it. I saw what Simon saw more on the second time around.

4. Blake: I will give him props for being creative, but he took a song that was angry and turned it light and fluffy. For my inner rocker chick, it was like nails on a chalkboard everytime he did his shtick. You just don't do that to that type of song. Now that said, I need to express my other reasons for not being on the Blake bandwagon. To me, he has a thin, lispy voice with little power. He uses showmanship over skill, and he looks like Mike Boogie from BB so when he sings into the camera, I can't help but be creeped out (The dark hair is a big improvement). I also have a hard time when I hear others say he is new or different. Yes, he is new and different for AI, but he is not new or different for the music world. I hear a lot of technopop in his style and that has been around for years (and like pegged leg pants and MO jackets, must be making a comeback...Aaak!).

5. Jordin: That just was not good, and she is a good singer with some amount of soul.

6. Chris: I cannot stand nasal singing. He may be cute. He may be marketable. He may be a nice guy. But he still doesn't have proper technique and until he puts the hard work in to learn how to really sing, I cannot get behind him.

Watch out! I got a siggie handcrafted by RollDdice
If I do join the Blake bandwagon, will I be allowed to post again next week?

nogwart 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-02-07, 02:45 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
Okay, I was actually interested last night for a change.

1. Blake - For sheer testicular fortitude, of which he displayed massive quantities with that rendition. I truly wanted to hate it because I personally put beat-boxing in the same category as playing spoons or the kazoo. But, he nailed it, and quite literally against my will, I loved it.

2. Melinda - Put the rest to shame ...blah, blah, blah.

3. Phil - Yep, still creepy, but surprised me once again with an admirable performance.

4. Lakisha - Some backstage advisor should be commended for whispering in Lakisha's ear, "Hey, I know, let's try to pretend we're just a tiny bit conscious tonight, m'kay?". Pleasantly good job for the first time in weeks.

5. Chris - Supremely annoying as hell in a "...MUST...PUNCH...HIM...NOW.." kind of way. That smirk raises my blood pressure to unhealthy levels.

6. Jordan - Bad Jordan, Bad! Being young and dumb is no excuse for KNOWINGLY picking a song you can't sing well, then proving yourself right. She won't leave because of last week though.

...my 1 and twelve-thirteenth cents.

05-02-07, 02:58 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
"1. Blake - For sheer testicular fortitude, of which he displayed massive quantities with that rendition. I truly wanted to hate it because I personally put beat-boxing in the same category as playing spoons or the kazoo. But, he nailed it, and quite literally against my will, I loved it."

bwah! You're comment about Blake made me smile (and laugh "spoons or the kazoo"). I love that so many people who (tend to like or dislike certain genres of music) "don't like beatboxing" can appreciate that he is talented. Awesome. Don't type yourself out of hearing wonderful music coming from great musicians.

I joined Bucky boards last season and stopped going to them shortly after Rock Star started up. I LOVE Lukas and couldn't stand seeing him beat down so badly just because he was nothing like anybody else they could think of. If you think he sucks because you think he sucks? cool. If you think he's untalented and whatever because you can't compare him to anybody or pigeonhole him anywhere? not cool. oops, sorry. Having a flashback.

ummm. If you punch Chris, give him my number and tell him I'll nurse him back to health.

Also? I am loving that others have Jordin last. I was pretty much expecting to be the only one to put her there.

05-02-07, 07:37 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
I love that so many people who (tend to like or dislike certain genres of music) "don't like beatboxing" can appreciate that he is talented.

Heya Glowie, please count me in the above grouping. If you would have told me a couple of months ago I would have liked this kind of performance, I would have laughed, no gaffawed loudly! And yet.....I really, really like this kid. Go figure.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-07, 07:38 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
Blake - For sheer testicular fortitude, of which he displayed massive quantities with that rendition. I truly wanted to hate it because I personally put beat-boxing in the same category as playing spoons or the kazoo. But, he nailed it, and quite literally against my will, I loved it.

You? Need to post around here more often!!

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-07, 03:06 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
IMHO hands down Blake was the best followed by Melinda and Lakisha.
Phil, Jordin and Chris unimpressive to me

90 percent of life is half mental

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-07, 04:13 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
1. Blake – I *heart* him. He is unique and creative and a breath of fresh air on Idol. He’s a savvy guy – he took a big risk at an important time in the competition and nailed it. That was an amazing performance and I was yelling at the TV like I was at his concert!

2. Melinda – That was sassy and fun to watch.

3. Phil – Creepy Phil has found his musical niche (and it’s not singing ballads!). He has a nice voice and I enjoyed that performance.

4. Lakisha – Nice job, but it think it’s too little too late for her.

5. Chris – I didn’t think he did that bad of a job, but I got kind of bored and my mind started to wander during his song (back to Blake…)

6. Jordin – That was horrible and she looked like she had a Halloween fright wig on. She sang Heartbreaker earlier in the season so all that carp about her being out of her element singing rock was so scripted to excuse her poor performance. The producers fired up all her fans last week by telling her last that she was safe (hinting that she was in the bottom two). Poor Lakisha gets lost in the crossfire.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-07, 06:40 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
I really enjoyed last night's show. I think it was one of the best in awhile. There was only one performance that I really didn't like, and one performance that I absolutely loved! Which leads me to...

1. BLAKE! I don't even know what to say anymore. He's just awesome. I've been mising the beatboxing and his originality and he brought it back with a vengence! I was so excited last night. I must've re-watched his performance at least 10 times. I can't wait to buy his cd. I always look forward to what he'll do next. Love the dark hair (he made me swoon with the look into the camera at the end of his song) and love the total 80's outfit. LOL.

-mega gap-

2. Chris- I thought this was one of Chris's best performances. He wasn't nasal and he didn't do a lot of runs, so I'm not sure why people still hated it since those are the two biggest complaints about him. *shrug* To each their own. I probably am I little biased too, since I have a crush on him. *grin* (Glowie, I know you will share his phone number with me, right? Right?!)

3. Melinda- She's cute. "Rock on! Wait, is it this way? Rock on!" LOL. She can sing anything and it still sounds great. Um, Paula? she's not a rock star. Not even close. *rolls eyes*

4. LaKisha- I'm kind of on the fence about this one. I did like it, but it was just odd to me because I didn't even realize what song she was singing until about halfway through. I'm not a huge Bon Jovi fan, but I do know and like this song. The kiss with Simon was cute.

5. Phil- It was pretty good. He even looked less creepy last night. I think they only used half of the mortician's makeup that they normally do. He just annoys me though.

6. Jordin- Ugh. The hair, the singing, ugh! All over the place and painful.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-02-07, 06:58 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-07 AT 06:58 PM (EST)

>>He even looked less creepy last night.<<

I have a theory on why Phil looked less creepy --

He had on a shirt with a collar, and a jacket with a collar.
I think that added some needed bulk around his pencil neck & softened the lightbulb-head thing.

Kinda the opposite problem of MindyDoo.

(eta: jeez, I've been watching too much "What Not to Wear")

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-02-07, 07:56 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
Oh Tamarama, I am seriously ROFL over your post--moreover, I almost had to buy a new laptop because I almost spit a mouthful of water all over the keyboard. You really strike my funny bone .

"I think that added some needed bulk around his pencil neck & softened the lightbulb-head thing.

Kinda the opposite problem of MindyDoo."

OMG, I am ROFL all over again!

(Note to self...do not consume liquids when reading Tamarama posts.)

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-07, 08:02 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"

cough cough cough...Sorry Tamarama, I was laughing so hard at your post I just about choked on my dinner!!!!!!!!!

90 percent of life is half mental

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-07, 10:30 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
See, now I'm just going to sound stupid --

Why do I get more laughs when I'm trying to be serious than when I'm trying to be funny?

Thanks for the lurv!

05-03-07, 10:06 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
I will gladly give him your number when I am done with him.
Here you go. This is my favorite picture of him (that I could find this morning)(because he's holding a guitar and it's a nice display of his hands and his arms):

I mean really. What more could people ask for? Seriously.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-07, 00:57 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
Okay, day late and a dollar short, but this was one of the best weeks of AI I have ever seen. I think all 6 were entertaining and did wonderful. It is a shame that 2 are gone because at least one of them (Phil) didn't deserve it after a great performance.

1. Blake - probably the 5th best singer of the group, but by miles the most creative, talented and entertaining of the 6. He brings something different every week, and THAT is why people love him. I would stop watching if he was gone, and I would pay money to go see him perform tomorrow.
2. Phil - Clearly didn't deserve the boot. His rendition of "Blaze of Glory" was good enough to impress Bon Jovi. I agree with Paula that it was the best opener this season (she said this season not ever), though Haley's sassy opener during British Invasion week would be right there. Phil was actually getting better with each week. Now, he is gone.
3. Lakisha - Also wouldn't have deserved to go after she sang her tail off and showed some personality, finally. Great job.
4. Chris - So, he is finally gone. Ironically, that was my favorite performance by him this season (I was not a fan). Great song, and I wanted to hate his performance but couldn't. He actually sang deeper during the louder notes, singing from his stomach instead of thru his nose for once. Better performance than I would have guessed he could give.
5. Melinda - Excellent performance, but 5th best for me. The vocal was there, but it just didn't have the entertainment value of the rest.
6. Jordan - I found it entertaining. It wasn't as bad as people are saying, which is typical of these boards. Obviously, "Living on a Prayer" sung by a 17 year old girl is not going to sound the same as when it is done by Jon Bon Jovi. I thought it was a good diva-rock version of the song. Just not as good as the others during a great week of performances.

snooks 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-03-07, 11:49 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Top Six (again) Rankings"
>So okay. Here we are
>again with the same "top"
>six we had last week.
> Two going home this
>week. <-- so not
>fair. hrmpf.
>
>Jon Bon Jovi is beautiful.
>
>1. Blake “You Give Love a
>Bad Name”
- Blake is
>back! *jumps up and down*
> LOVE the dark hair
>on him. He could
>very well be the only
>person I will remember from
>this season (unless Phil gets
>a record deal or Melinda
>suddenly morphs into “Tina Turner”
>like everybody keeps trying to
>make me believe she’s going
>to do or Chris calls
>me).
>2. Lakisha “This Ain’t a Love
>Song”
– Loved it! I’d
>have kissed her too.
>I love that she stayed
>true to herself.
>3. Chris “Wanted Dead or Alive”
>– I love Chris Daughtry
>(“really Glowie? I didn’t
>know that!”) and I was
>willing to pretend I forgot
>he did this song during
>cuddleclonepuppy’s performance. But then he
>went and reminded us all.
> I *actually* think he
>did really well. Just not
>Chris Daughtry well. I'd have
>rather not been forced to
>compare. The Richardson hate
>boggles my brain. Such
>a likable kid. And
>he.is.so.good.looking.
>Call me, cuddlepuppy, you can sing
>to me all night long.
> *wink wink nudge nudge*
>
>4. Phil “Blaze of Glory”
>I thought he was great.
>Loved this song on him.
>Really didn’t understand the Steve
>Perry comment. I loved
>watching his wife. She
>was shooting love and pride
>from her eyeballs.
> 5. Melinda “Have a Nice
>Day”
– Should have
>watched Lakisha not pretending to
>be a "rocker". yikesy
>6. Jordin “Living on a Prayer”
>
– awful. Everything about it
>was bad. Starting with
>telling Jon her mother is
>a fan. *rolls eyes*
>Why remind me that I’m
>old enough to have a
>17 year old daughter.
>Brat.
>But seriously? That was seriously
>bad.
>
>
>"My name is Tim
>Riggins and I play fullback."

>-- Friday Night Lights

snooks

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •