The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Question about last night"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-02-10, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Question about last night"
So, if NaOnka and Kelly had said they didn't want to quit when they got to Tribal Council....would the tribe have been forced to vote someone out?

If so, that opens the door for a radical strategy....When faced with someone who is a real threat to win every individual immunity, someone can say they want to quit at the reward challenge...change their mind at tribal...and then they can vote out the person who's a threat. They can basically engineer the game to bring the tribe to TC where no one has individual immunity...

Or..would the winner of the last individual immunity challenge still be immune...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Question about last night jbug 12-02-10 1
 RE: Question about last night DearAbby 12-02-10 2
 RE: Question about last night Tummy 12-02-10 3
   RE: Question about last night mrc 12-02-10 4
       RE: Question about last night Belle Book 12-02-10 5
       RE: Question about last night jbug 12-02-10 6
   RE: Question about last night BrassFan 12-03-10 10
       RE: Question about last night Nume 12-03-10 12
 RE: Question about last night Puffy 12-02-10 7
 RE: Question about last night michel 12-02-10 8
   RE: Question about last night Brownroach 12-03-10 11
 RE: Question about last night Colonel Zoidberg 12-03-10 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-10, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Question about last night"
It looked to me that Jane still had the Individual necklace on at TC.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DearAbby 2959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-02-10, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Question about last night"
Since Survivor normally follows a three-day cycle of Reward Challenge, off day, and Immunity Challenge, I would guess that Jiffy would just say something along the lines of "Sorry to make you come for the visit tonight, but you can blame NaOnka and Kelly. See you again in a couple of days."

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-02-10, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Question about last night"
Jeff should have accepted their quitting at the reward challenge or if he was going to give them time to think about it they should have had an immunity challenge.

I think Purple Kelly will regret it at some point, I think NaOnka is too obtuse to ever feel remorse.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-10, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Question about last night"
I can't figure out if Jiffy was told to give them more time to keep production on schedule, if he called an audible b/c he thought they would change their minds, or if the whole thing was milked for ratings.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-10, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Question about last night"
I don't think Jeff likes quitters. He may have really wanted to give them time to change their minds. Since Kelly apparently wanted to quit since Day 1, I'm not sure Jeff thought she would change her mind, but he may have wanted to give her a chance just in case. I really think he thought Na'Onka would change her mind, however. But she didn't.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-10, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Question about last night"
I wondered too about the timing of NaOinka's quit speech.
Production heard all her talk of quitting and it was discussed with her just when she should make her announcement;
and they came up with the tarp & rice thing to see if she would go for it - if her team won; if the other team won Kelly would have that choice. I figure they doctored the school house pick to make sure those 2 were on opposite teams.

Wonder why we didn't see the pick?

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-03-10, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Question about last night"
I think that once they reach the merge, any quitting should be done in front of the jury.

I don't think it benefits anyone to allow the quitters to walk into Ponderosa and spin their quit however they want to spin it. If that were to happen, there's always the possibility of them spinning their quit to work the jury for one of their alliance mates....

So, do it at TC, in the open, so that everyone has a chance to tell their side...

Nume 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-03-10, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nume Click to send private message to Nume Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Question about last night"
I think this is the biggest reason for having them wait till TC. The jury needs to see all major happenings in the game as far as people leaving so they can make their decisions later. I also agree with others that if they hadn't quit, they would've had them go back to camp and proceed as normal. I also agree that most if not all of it would be cut so they could keep a regular hour long show and still have the immunity challenge/etc in it.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-10, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Question about last night"
I'm glad you asked this. I've been wondering the same thing. I like the one suggestion that perhaps they'd come back the next day for another tribal council after another immunity challenge.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-10, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Question about last night"
In my opinion they would have sent them back to camp and the immunity challenge would have been held the next day. If neither had quit, it's possible we wouldn't have heard a single line about them wanting to quit or even seen that boring TC. It's happened before.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-10, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Question about last night"
Exactly.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-10, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Question about last night"
From the editing, it was obvious Purple Kelly was quitting. No one was getting through to her, and the first thing we saw out of her all season was her desire to throw in the towel. Even Holly, who could get through to NaOnka on some level, couldn't touch Purple Kelly. Her words bounced off Purple Kelly like a mom's words off a rebellious teenage daughter's.

Had NaOnka and Holly been on reward together, and had someone else given up the reward other than one of them, Holly would have had more time to work NaOnka, and the chances of her quitting would have gone way down.

Translation: Someone was getting "smuffed" at TC, and everyone knew it. We just weren't sure if it would be one loser or two.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •