The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-18-10, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
I'm back after a two week out-of-the-country hiatus. So was my sarcasm and satire sorely missed? Well I'm here to make up for lost time.

JANE - Sure she's as abrasive as 30-grit sandpaper, but this old goat is as tough as nails. Could it be possible that someone like Jane may fall victim of a potental Anti-Darwin Snyndrome? One more gritty win and the answer could be Yes. Was instrumental in the Queen (Oh, pardon my oversight) "King" Brenda boot.

HOLLY - Does this game turn on a dime, or what? If MB & Co. decided NOT to have a tribal switch this season, in all likelihood, Jane and Holly are the fourth and fifth castaways voted off Survivor 21. Now after episode 10, they are #1 and #2 on the list. Although NaOnka got Brenda's wrath, it was Holly who orchestrated Brenda's boot.

CHASE - The man is trying WAAAAY too hard to associate with everyone. If you want to network with as many players as possible, don't sit in a confessional and complain about being stuck in the middle of two alliances. But I have him ranked here for two reasons: 1) was the MVP of the RC, 2) if he makes the Finals I believe he already has a few votes in his back pocket at FTC.

FABIO - His innocence is as entertaining as Erik was in Skankivor: Micronesia. I think he's in the best postion of anyone in the game. He's a force in the challenges, yet his name doesn't come up as a threat. Like Chase, if he makes the Finals, he'll get votes.

SASH - When all is said and done, Matt may go down as the most craftiest player this season. But the question is if he makes the Finals will the Jury (considering the criteria of recent jurors) actually and unbitterly reward a castaway who played the most proactive solid game of Survivor? I'm sure Marty's grinding an axe with Sash's name on it. Think Brenda will give a vote to someone who did not give her a HII?

BENRY - His name is coming up way too often as a threat to where you think he'll need to go on an IC run just to stay alive. Not a good sign.

NAONKA - Discretion is the better part of valor...unless of course you're NaOnka. During my absence I don't know if any more ridiulous comparisons were being made to Russell, but when Russell sabotaged no one knew he was doing it. Either NaOnka does it in clear view to get caught or she darn near advertises her thiefs and backstabbing. At this point I could care less how far she advances because she has ZERO chance of winning.

DAN - If he worked as hard in the game of Survivor as he did for his "guns," I'd rank him higher. Sadly this inept castaway has F4 written all over him.

KELLY - Jeff asked for the perspective of someone who's 20...what he got was the response of a six-year old. The looks on Alina and Marty's faces were priceless as Kelly tried to give an answer I'm still trying to figure out. Do bubbleheaded hotties like Kelly serve any other purpose in society than being trophy executive wives???

PRODUCTION - Is it a dumb move to surround a buring fire with wooden crates containing food and survival essentials? Does an ex-drill Sergeant make a bad therapist?...Is having a snowball fight with baseball great Randy Johnson a bad idea?...
Production has hit an all-time low casting a complete bunch of idiotic morons!

BOOTED

BRENDA - She went from Asian Sensation, to Queen of Nicaragua, to the self-crowned "king" of the game, to a princess Prima Donna who considers scrambling beneath her, to "OUCH" - I got voted out. It's kinda ironic we heard the word "clueless" from Brenda's mouth this season about as many times as hearing "Oh my God" uttered during the discovery of the campfire debacle. On a positive note we'll now get to see Brenda all dolled-up every episode as she walks into TC.

MARTY - Hands down the best narrator this season. Deep down he probably knew his goose was cooked when Jeff announced the tribal switch, but as a result of his proactive play he lasted a good three more TCs than he should have. Now he's on the Jury where his gift of gab and persuation on the Ponderosa could have a bearing on this season's winner.

ALINA - No surprise here. But could her "she's so irratating" comment about Brenda at TC be a prelude to some spitfire statements at FTC? With Alina, Marty, and now Brenda on the Jury, this certainly has the makings for a nasty bloodbath on Finale Night.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 iltarion 11-19-10 1
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 Aruba 11-20-10 8
       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 iltarion 11-20-10 10
           RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 Aruba 11-20-10 11
               RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 iltarion 11-20-10 12
                   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 dabo 11-20-10 13
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 milkachulina 11-19-10 2
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 milkachulina 11-19-10 3
       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 iltarion 11-19-10 4
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 Aruba 11-20-10 7
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 dabo 11-23-10 20
       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 michel 11-23-10 21
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 KuwabaraTheMan 11-19-10 5
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 dabo 11-19-10 6
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 garyc 11-20-10 9
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 michel 11-20-10 14
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 Aruba 11-21-10 15
       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 Aruba 11-21-10 16
           RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 michel 11-21-10 17
               RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 Aruba 11-22-10 18
                   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10 iltarion 11-22-10 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-10, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-10 AT 02:23 AM (EST)

Hey, who saw this coming? I'd say bottom 5 season before this episode, but this was a great episode. Instead of the normal elimination of the challenge strong, are we actually seeing the elimination of the strategically strong? Two of the season's strongest strategic players have been booted back to back.

1. Fabio - Does an UTR player deserve to be #1? Maybe not, but I have to give credit to the original way he's pulling it off. Who gets the confessionals during reward is a telling sign. Fabio and Jane did.

2. Jane - She has risen like a phoenix on my list. I loved some of her comments during this episode, and winning the IC this time, when it was obviously not a favorable challenge for women, was pretty impressive.

3. Holly - Her and Jane have taken down the 2 most dominant alliances in the game. I don't think that's ever been done before. Of course, the tribal switch allowed them to destroy Espada, and now NayOnka enabled them to destroy the La Flor 5, but still, props. Brenda's boot was orchestrated by Holly.

4. Benry - He and Fabio both have floated into comfortable swing positions. His perceived challenge ability makes him a target, but Chase might have acquired the bigger target.

5. NayOnka - Deserves the move up though I can't see ever having her higher than this. The move on Brenda might have been Holly's idea, but no one put more work into it than NayOnka. She also managed to isolate Chase in the process. A strategy talk with Fabio? Wow. Actually looked good a couple times during the episode.

6. Chase - You ratted everyone out to Brenda and now no one trusts you. The vote for Brenda won't help; the damage was already done.

7. Matt - Loses his nickname and his high standing by folding like a tent. Yeah, the numbers were against him even if he saves Brenda, but Russell took the risk with even greater numbers against him. We will really see the kind of player he is now.

8. Kelly P - Ah... Frosty's girlfriend. Now I get it. The wisdom of 20 years... hahahaha... She is the token young blonde. Russell would have made her a millionaire.

9. Dan - Gave the IC a good effort anyway.

Let's get the attractive women out of here-

Brenda - I'm going to miss her other than at TC. What a wild turn of events. Her description of Marty as arrogant might have ultimately been edited in to say something about her, not him. Her ego wrote checks her pretty butt couldn't cash. Props to her for not scrambling. Her fate was sealed the moment she said she trusted NayOnka 100%. She chose... unwisely. With Alina and Marty waiting at Loser Lodge, I bet the Ponderosa videos are an interesting watch.

Marty- I was SO disappointed that the rad hair was gone. DAMN!

Alina - Loser Lodge with Brenda and Alina? Where do I sign up?

And BTW, it is ALWAYS great to have Aruba back. Hahaha... I think Kelly is a little young to be doomed to the fate of a trophy wife.
>

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-20-10, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
Hey Iltarion...GREAT call on Kelly by saying Russell would have made her a millionaire. He did so with Natalie. Kelly would have been his 20-year-old "dumb a$$ blonde." LOL

I think you're being a bit too hard on your boy Sash/Matt. Sure losing Brenda was a setback, but I still think he has enough bounce in his step (not to mention the HII in his pocket) to rebound. The only drawback I see is with the type of game he's playing should he make the Finals, I could see too many bitter jurors casting sour grapes votes against him. If he brings NaOnka with him, it would be to his advantage.

But with Alina being the first member of the Jury, conventional wisdom would suggest a Final Three and a Jury of Nine. Yes, Earl in Fiji was able to sit next to TWO goats, but he was fortunate that both goats were a residual effect of the Racist Alliance. I don't see TWO goats for Sash this season.

I'm not seeing why there's so much negative critism toward Chase. Most alliance mates would be honest to a player they've been aligned with and give them the low-down if they were in trouble. That's assuming that player doesn't get all psycho on everyone (i.e. Shannon) and had proven their trustworthiness to you (i.e. Brenda informing Chase that Nay had the HII.)
If anyone should be criticized it would be the other morons who actually thought Chase wouldn't run and tell Brenda. It is blatantly obvious that Brenda liked Chase, and visa-versa, yet all (with the exception of Holly) still lets Chase in on the plan to blindside Brenda. They had six votes to boot Brenda...they didn't need to involve Sash, Kelly, OR Chase. Complete idiots!

11-20-10, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"

I demoted Sash for not protecting his closest ally. However, I wrote my list before reading Brenda's exit interview, where she admitted she had discussed getting rid of Sash with NayOnka. Understandable now that he wouldn't bother trying to save her.

Chase stayed loyal to Brenda until it came time to vote, at which time, he sold her down the river the same as everyone else. I'm sure when other players discussed booting Brenda with Chase, it was with the assumption that Chase wouldn't then run to Brenda and tell her everything. In a way, by doing so, Chase forced their hand. They could hardly afford to keep Brenda around after she found out people were gunning for her.

>

11-20-10, 06:17 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
With, I believe, three votes unread at TC the only ones who are absolutely, positively, 100% sure Chase and Sash voted for Brenda are Chase and Sash themselves. Brenda's body floats down the river with or without Chase or Sash voting for her. That's my point...it was futile to even considering including any of those two in the plan to vote out Brenda.

I agree that the players (minus Holly) informed Chase thinking he wouldn't tell Brenda which is precisely why I called them idiots. In Skankivor: Micronesia it was strategically planned to NOT let Amanda in on the plot to blindside Ozzy and the HII. In Cook Islands if there was ever a plan to smoke out the HII from Yul, rest assure Becky would NOT have been advised for obvious reason. Amanda admitted at FTC she would have indeed ran and told Ozzy about the plot if she knew. I'm sure Becky would have informed Yul in Cook Islands if there was a plot against him too. Thus I am not surprised or critical of Chase telling Brenda about the plan to vote her out.

11-20-10, 08:53 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"

Your tivo is cutting short, common occurrence. As usual this season, everyone's vote was shown during Brenda's final words. We clearly saw everyone voted for Brenda except for Brenda (NaOnka) and Kelly (Benry).

>

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-20-10, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
I think the point was that the remaining players didn't see all the votes, it wasn't necessary for Jeff to show them all.

milkachulina 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-19-10, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail milkachulina Click to send private message to milkachulina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-10 AT 10:29 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-19-10 AT 10:15 PM (EST)

1) Naonka (last week #1) – Naonka remains atop my list. A few things happened Wednesday night to solidify my ranking of her. The most important thing was her lobbying effort to get rid of Brenda. I am especially intrigued by the way she approached Fabio, in front of everyone in attendance, during the pizza/soda feast. These two supposedly can’t stand each other, but she asked him to come talk to her AND HE GOT RIGHT UP AND FOLLOWED HER. What? They looked like long-time friends sharing a moment. Call me crazy, and I would agree if someone else were saying this, but I believe that Noanka could win this thing. Here me out, and then slam me afterwards. But, is it possible that Naonka is using the “ghetto girl” strategy to her ultimate advantage? No one sees her as a threat to win (the Survivors themselves or fans watching) because they think she is a crazy South Central stereotype. But, clearly she has established some incredible relationships. And, I think she is really smart (unlike Dreamz who really had no game). At Tribal Council, Brenda was all hurt and pissed at Naonka for orchestrating the move to get her out because she considered Naonka a true ally. This, despite the fact that according to what we were shown it was Holly who was the catalyst for Brenda’s departure. To me it seems as though it was Holly’s idea, but the actual IMPLEMENTATION of the idea required the lobbying skills of Naonka. Who’s got the power here? Somehow, regardless of how crazy she is, some of the tribe members actually respect Naonka and/or find her very entertaining. For example, how and why does Alina light up everytime Naonka opens her mouth? Naonka captured Alina into her web somehow. Some people actually like Naonka. They must. I expect for a lot of Survivor fans to be appalled come Final Tribal Council. There may be a lot of amazement (or disappointment) when the final winner is announced. I think she has a chance.

2) Calamity Jane (last week #2) – Jane is a beast. I’m so glad that she didn’t fall for Chase’s jive that he had enough energy to hang on during the Immunity Challenge. That was a big lie, and I’m glad that she didn’t fall for it. Jane is a beast! Enough said.

3) Holly (last week #6) – A big jump for this woman. It was as if she became an entirely different competitor. What impresses me most is that her move was actually successful. We have seen it backfire before and lead to the demise of the planner. But, she pulled it off. Way to take control, Holly.

4) Sash (last week #3) – Still good game play. But, he better be careful. I hate to be critical (really I don’t), but I still need for Sash to put a shirt on. The guy has a nice face, but that chest (or lack thereof), its accompanying white/gray hairs, and that terrible upper body shape are sooooo disgusting. Sash, you’re hot with your clothes on. Please, get dressed. The fact that this is the only thing I can criticize him for speaks volumes. Sash is playing well. Keep up the good work, Sash (while wearing lots of clothes).

5) Benry (last week #8) – What does Chase have against this guy? Jealousy? Is Ben an alpha male that Chase wants out of the ape domain? Is it mating season? What’s going on?

6) Fabio (last week #9) – I loved seeing him and Naonka work together/get along. It was a pleasure.

7) Kelly (last week #7) – How clueless is this woman? In my rankings this week, all of the other women took the top spots. And then there’s Kelly. The woman is clearly out of the loop. She voted for Benry at Tribal Council. She clearly didn’t know what was going on. The other Survivors clearly don’t give a darn about her. Before they showed us how each Survivor voted, I assumed the vote for Benry came from Chase. Wrong. It was Kelly. Maybe she was showing her loyalty to Brenda? Who knows! One thing is clear though: Kelly doesn’t know a thing.

8) Dan (last week #10) – Here’s another guy out to prove that for some men, big muscles are only aesthetic. Those big guns did absolutely nothing for him. Their only purpose is visual. It’s sad, really.

9) Chase (last week #5) – Let me be brutally honest. The only reason this man has ranked well with me is because I think he is totally hot. I have confessed to this in the past by saying that he is great eye candy. But, the reality for me is that I will not let his looks cloud my judgment of him as a player in this game. I’m no Solomon, but I want to be fair and right. Chase is a weak little boy masquerading around in a southern football player’s body. Most fans, and probably some of the Survivors themselves, are not fair-minded enough to prevent their awe of, or attraction to, Chase from overriding common-sense and reasonableness. In life, people treat others a certain way based on how they look. If Chase is successful in this game, he can thank his good looks. There is nothing else that this insecure man has going for him this season of Survivor.

Booted - Brenda (last week #4). Here is what I said last week about Brenda..."She appears to be Queen B (for Brenda) at this point. Though, her arrogance is annoying to me. I am hoping for her to get the ultimate blindside. I do like her. It’s just that she’s cocky, and I don’t like that." WISH GRANTED!!!

milkachulina 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-19-10, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail milkachulina Click to send private message to milkachulina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-10 AT 10:18 PM (EST)

Made a correction above using the edit feature. Thanks Iltarion.

11-19-10, 11:29 AM (EST)
4. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"

You can edit your posts instead of reposting the whole thing.

In her parting words, Brenda said NayOnka "outplayed her." So, I also would not be so quick as to guarantee that Brenda wouldn't vote for NayOnka.

And Alina, like Fabio, said many bad things about Nay's personality, including calling her a bully, but if you take away the confessionals, she has otherwise seemed fine with her. So, I'm not positive that Alina wouldn't vote for her either.

I don't believe Marty would vote for her. I think stealing food is a sin that he wouldn't forgive. Who really knows with that guy though.

So, yes, at this point, I think it is conceivable Nay could win. However, we aren't to the end yet, and NayOnka still has time to screw this up, which seems rather inevitable or the editing is trying to make us think that is inevitable.

>

11-20-10, 09:20 AM (EST)
7. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
Hey Milkachulina...thanks for contributing.

Actually I would not be the least bit surprised if NaOnka makes the Finals. With Brenda gone I could see a savvy player like Sash scoop her up as a perfect goat to take to the Finals.

As for winning...not a chance. Quite honestly I was very close to placing NaOnka in the middle of my list this week because she did contributed quite a bit this past episode for the reasons you stated. But she's been shooting herself in the foot way too much. Unfortunately you may be acting on the premise that jury members will vote for the most proactive Survivor player in the true spirit of the game. Sadly in an overwhelming majority of the time you have bitter crybabies who will either cast sour grapes votes AGAINST the player who outplayed them or treat FTC as a beauty pagent voting for Miss/Mr. Congeniality.

If this jury does differently and NOT treat the final vote as a popularity contest, then you are right...I WILL be amazed. But quite frankly, I won't be holding my breath.

11-23-10, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
Yeah, milka, I do think NaOnka adopted the Girl From the Hood role as a strategy in the game, but I also think she may have gotten lost in the part, gotten so into it that she forgot NaOnka. Play acting is a natural strategy, rednecks go more into redneck mode, surfer dudes into surfer dude, marines into the marine, the danger is getting so into it that you become it (I play one on TV). Natalie from Fans v Faves had a similar problem, in my view; she got so into the maneater act that she neglected the real game.

Anyway, if NaOnka is now pulling back, restoring NaOnka, that could be a very good thing for her. She may have waited too long to really recover and win the game, but it could be a great story that she walked into one of the traps in the game and manages to extract herself before it is too late.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-10, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
"if NaOnka is now pulling back, restoring NaOnka..."

I'm sure that Na'Onka isn't that outrageous when there are no cameras around and I'd add that she isn't like that 24/7 out there. Brenda said there is a nice side to her that we are not being shown. So it would be the editors who would be softening her image and that usually means the end is near.

KuwabaraTheMan 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-19-10, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KuwabaraTheMan Click to send private message to KuwabaraTheMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
Pretty big mix up this week.

1. Holly: She basically turned the game on its head by herself. It's been quite a turnaround from the woman who was willing to call it quits a few days in until now. She's not perceived as a Jury thread the way Jane is, but I think she has a strong shot at winning if she can make it there.

2. Fabio: This episode really showed how he's been very good at playing under the radar and going with the flow. It's telling that despite never being in the numbers and being a big challenge threat, he's never even been brought up as a boot possibility.

3. Naonka: While she didn't mastermind the whole plan, she did play a key part in it, and she did get rid of a big strategic threat to her in Brenda. Still, unless there's a surprise twist where she gets to face Russell and Amanda, she has no shot at winning. But I'll put her this up right now for her key role in ousting Brenda.

4. Jane: Great win in Immunity, and she was a definite factor in getting rid of Brenda. Still, every time she wins, she just gives more reason for the others to get rid of her. Barring an almost impossible immunity run, she has no shot at making the Final 3.

5. Sash: He made a smart move in keeping his idol, and despite his alliance being broken up, there aren't really any strong alliances left, and his idol gives him a powerful bargaining chip.

6. Benry: Well, he avoided getting voted out, so that's a positive.

7. Dan: His status as a swing vote means that he'll probably be able to stick around awhile longer. He's a pretty attractive goat option to take to the end, too.

8. Kelly Purple: I liked her better when she was just invisible and we could pretend that she was maybe a perfectly intelligent human being who just got ignored because she didn't make for good TV, rather than the biggest idiot of this entire season.

9. Chase: Well, maybe not the biggest idiot. Chase is just beyond words. I can't see him getting any votes even if he makes it to the end, given how he's betrayed pretty much every single person in the game, and no longer seems especially well liked.

Out:
Brenda: Way, way too complacent at the end. She should have fought tooth and nail to stay in the game rather than depending entirely on Sash to save her bacon. Her inability to comprehend that she didn't have the numbers (an alliance of 5 out of 10 people is not safe) was her biggest downfall.

11-19-10, 03:46 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-10 AT 03:50 PM (EST)

Game On! Great episode except for the fact the dumdums burned down the camp. At least it was a group effort this time.

1. Holly. What did she have to lose? Not enough players ask those sort of questions often enough, started the ball rolling to oust HRH Brenda and really shake things up.

2. Jud. Needs to break out a bit more and make some impression on the others besides the surfer dude act which has served him well to this point, still well positioned and could be a decisive player in how the power vacuum fills.

3. Jane. Give the old lady her props, she's tough as nails. A bit of a blind spot about what constitutes a villain, though.

4. Benry. Good listener, seems like he's letting others play him right now, probably is. Loved the "super woman" line. His biggest worry in the game right now should be Chase, who despite being a girl has everyone's soft spot.

5. Dan. Not much of a player but seems like a solid person, and when they discovered the camp in ashes he was the first to get down to taking care of business.

6. NaOnka. Surprise! NaOnka played sharp this time around, got to give her that. She still doesn't fully understand the game, thinks in power terms and misses the nuances, it is very unlikely she can pull out of the spin enough to win. But we may have seen the start of a great redemption story, time will tell.

7. Sash. Crafty player, got knocked down this time but allowed Brenda to be sacrificed, I bet he's not too proud to scramble.

8. Chase. Does have his head in the game but worries too much, may be seen as a goat by others who may also find him useful when it comes to trying to boot Benry.

9. Kelly. NaOnka pulling Jud aside should have been a big red flag, way out of the loop.

Bye-bye Brenda. Success went to her head, should have worked the game instead of relying on her knights while she impressed everyone with her cool sitting on the throne demeanor.

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-20-10, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-10 AT 08:31 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-20-10 AT 03:49 PM (EST)

It would be amusing if Fabio and Na-Onka turn out to be the season's shrewdest players.

1. Fabio.

2. Holly.

3. Jane: Toughest female survivor ever? Physically anyway.

4. Kelly: Would like to hear more from her. It's good fun.

5. Na-Onka: Don't blame her for turning on Brenda as Brenda said in interview that Brenda earlier suggested blindsiding Sash to Na-Onka. Na-Onka had already heard Brenda denigrating her in TC; if she already thought Brenda was only carrying her to the end she now had more reason not to trust her. And apparently Na-Onka can be persuasive; not that most of these people needed much persuading.

6. Dan.

7. Sash: Hard to blame him for not saving Brenda if Na-Onka told him of Brenda's idea to blindside him. Still, they had an alliance of four. If they had targeted Holly or Benry (making Chase happy), perhaps Sash could have brought Na-Onka back to their side. Even without her it would have been four against five. And stuff happens. There might be no strong large alliance targeting Sash now (don't know how well the Jane/Holly/Fabio/Benry/Dan grouping will hold up) but Sash still seems in a bad spot. Can only play an idol once.

8. Benry.

9. Chase: Still seems unable to think for himself and now likely has no-one's trust.

Gone Brenda: She largely blamed herself for relying on Na-Onka as her closest ally, not realizing how unstable Na-Onka is (most of Na-Onka's confessionals are to the camera) and for giving Na-Onka reason to doubt her loyalty by suggesting removing Sash. Also for not pushing harder to keep Marty over Jane. Funny how after this episode and Brenda's interview the perceptions of Na-Onka and Brenda have changed. Brenda appears nicer than shown during season; Na-Onka smarter.

11-20-10, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-10 AT 11:27 AM (EST)

1- Fabio: The move to vote Brenda was good for 3 players and 3 players only: Fabio, Benry and Dan. Everyone else should have let Brenda purge the tribe of those 2 men who were real threats to win. Because of his amazing social game, Fabio gets included in another alliance without having to do anything but listen. Jeff said you have to fight to win but Fabio is making it easy. By the following confessional, Fabio showed that he understood Sandra's way to play the game: “Na’Onka pulls me aside and says we got to work together and we can get Brenda out of here because she is running the show. This is great, it totally fell into my lap and I’m going to milk it for all it’s worth. Hopefully, I can stay under the radar, slither through things.”

2- Chase: In the short term, losing Brenda was bad for Chase. Sticking up for her could cost him the game but Chase has proven one thing: He is loyal. Since he is now without Brenda and he didn't mount any revolt against Holly, Jane and the others in his original alliance, he could find himself back in their good graces. He will have to scramble to get to the end so he may prove Jeff's point. Funny how almost everyone who took charge of the game at one point of another(Shannon, Brenda, Sash, Holly and Nay) was counting on Chase.

3- Holly: Her move against Brenda came too early. It was so easy to get votes against Brenda that it could have waited until the big threats had been removed. As long as Jane, Dan and Nay weren't targets, Holly could have waited for F7. Now that she is in charge, she could get some heat. Since the "peasants revolt" was originally led by Marty and Marty's plan included a boys' club, maybe they could all come back together. That would show that Holly had a lot to lose to let the men have the numbers.

4- Jane: She decided to vote out the person that had protected her so now she will have to fight her own battles. There are still many players left who were ready to go with Marty and vote her out. She won't be able to win enough immunities.

5- Kelly: The line of the evening came from Chase as he addressed Kelly:
She may not know what's going on but she has kept herself out of trouble. Now with her best ally gone, she will have to scramble. Can she do it? The alliances are in such flux that her vote can be useful.

6- Benry: That "power move" was great for him even if he hadn't figured out what had happened. The problem is that we see he hasn't been able to stay under the radar like Fabio. Maybe he should have done like Fabio and let others fight for that immunity instead of wanting to win so bad. I should rate him higher but I just don't like his tone during confessionals.

7- Dan: He trudges along but, suddenly, he has been given some options: Stay with the remnants of Martys boys' club or rejoin his old enemies, Holly and Jane as they are taking charge.

8- Sash: How stupid to let go the strongest alliance in the game. With Brenda, Chase and Kelly he would have had a solid foursome going up against 5 individuals who had never really been aligned except to vote out Brenda. The fights between Nay and Fabio or Jane's threat as eventual winner would have been enough to regain the numbers. All he had to do was give his idol to Brenda. Now, he is known as a mastermind but he has no one with him. That look he gave Brenda during tribal was ugly. Little man.

9- Na'Onka: Her horrible social game and the following confessional prove that she is using Russell's recipe to lose Survivor: “In order to win this game, you must make power moves. You can make a move that can shift the game in a whole new direction. If you make a power move, that’s a move that can push you forward. If you keep on making power moves, everything is going to fall in line.”
Brenda was taking her to the F3 so the timing of the move was bad. Now everyone sees her as untrustworthy. In addititon to Russell, (my most hated player ever!) Nay, in this episode, made me think of Sugar. (my second most hated player ever!) Or rather, she was the anti-Sugar, voting out the people she likes instead of those she hates. Neither women were playing to win. Hilarious to read that some think she may get votes! Wipe-out!

Booted - Brenda: Funny how her haughty attitude towards Chase wasn't her undoing. There's nothing one can do when your allies decide to make such a dumb move. She was right, scrambling shows desperation and if Sash was really smart she would have survived. The move to eliminate her was so dumb that I would have agreed for once that it was because of the anti-Darwin syndrome. Funny that it's most vocal advocate didn't see it that way.

BTW, the tribe was extremely dumb to build a fireplace out of wood but at least they took it in stride, rebuilt the shelter and it didn't become an issue, unlike Terry who complained about a lost spear for days!!!

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

11-21-10, 09:00 AM (EST)
15. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
Actually I'm in agreement with almost all mentioned on your list. Couple comments:

This "most vocal advocate" of the Anti-Darwin Snydrome leans more toward using it to remove individual threats in the game. Brenda was seen as a dangerous duo namely Sash/Brenda with an objective to break up the current "King AND Queen" in the game. Brenda became the obvious choice mainly because Sash possesses the HII. I suppose you could spin it to say the ADS had something to do with it, but IMHO it was not the #1 factor in the ultimate decision to oust Brenda.

After the wooden fireplace went up in flames, what else could they do other than ALL take it in stride??? There was no way anyone could point their fingers elsewhere, because as I stated on my list, they ALL were complete idiotic morons and share in the blame.

In Exile Island it was Sally's individal nitwitted blunder that lost the spear. It was also still tribe vs. tribe and being deprived potential protein that spear could have provided was a big reason why LaMina when into the merge outnumbered. Although Terry was the most vocal about that blunderous issue, I don't recall him carrying on for days? As a matter of fact a couple days after Sally's idiocy, Jeff asked at TC how they were making out wth the speargun. One of the fellows stated something to the effect that it's not been as useful as they though it would without specifically calling out Sally. If Terry was the constant complainer you stated he would have surely piped up and called out dingbat Sally as the real reason for the speargun not being useful...but he kept his mouth shut and did not say a word.

11-21-10, 09:21 AM (EST)
16. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
PS: I'm VERY disappointed with you, Michel.

One thing I ALWAYS looked forward to in your posts is a "hottie" or glamour shot of a female castaway. Instead you posted probably the most unattractive pic of Kelly.

11-21-10, 09:37 PM (EST)
17. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
I usually post a picture to make a point or if Iltarion talks about a hottie but, since you asked:

and, because you like challenges:

Happy?

PS: You know I like to take jabs at your favorites. We weren't shown Terry complaining but Sally said he never forgave her.

11-22-10, 06:52 PM (EST)
18. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"
HOLY SMOLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

You outdid yourself on this one...A MILLION THANKS!

Actually Terry was more of a sentimental favorite because I competed against him in High School. So it's all good...even though I wouldn't blame him for never forgiving her considering what was at stake and what was lost.

Thanks again for the pics (I think someone needs to revive Iltarion.)

11-22-10, 08:34 PM (EST)
19. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep10"

That picture is better than average.

You guys are so shallow.

>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •