The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Been there, done that"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-19-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Been there, done that"
Italy? Check. Austria? Check. France? Coming up next. India? Coming soon. Malaysia? Coming a little later, probably.

Zip line? Check. Bungee jump? Check. Rock climbing/rappeling? Coming up next.

The show's still good, but it's becoming a little familiar. I'm not sure why...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Been there, done that magic_star 06-19-03 1
   RE: Been there, done that cyclehausen 06-19-03 2
       RE: Been there, done that TARJUNKIE999 06-19-03 8
   Yeah yeah realitybites 06-19-03 3
       RE: Yeah yeah VA Slim 06-19-03 4
           RE: Yeah yeah magic_star 06-19-03 5
       RE: Yeah yeah magic_star 06-19-03 6
           Um Canada Girl 06-19-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-19-03, 01:39 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Been there, done that"
I don't know though, most of the cities they're going to are new. They also haven't been primarily to Europe since season 1.

Most of the challenges are new ideas also. The only ones that aren't getting new things are the scary type. But there are only so many things you can do that are scary.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Been there, done that"
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-03 AT 02:02 PM (EST)

They should have to watch D.ick Clark and Joan Rivers take off their make-up.

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-19-03, 07:07 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Been there, done that"
They should have to watch D.ick Clark and Joan Rivers take off their make-up.

Boy...talk about "Ugly Americans"!!!

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-03, 02:48 PM (EST)
3. "Yeah yeah"
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-03 AT 02:50 PM (EST)

Your points are noted and I agree with them, of course. I just wish we could get some new countries in besides the 20 or so we've already seen.

This one, however, I don't think you meant to say:

>They also haven't been primarily to Europe since season 1.

They spent quite a bit of time in Europe during last season, #3. They visited England, Scotland, Portugal, Spain, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland - though some of them were rather brief stops.

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-19-03, 03:48 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Yeah yeah"
Two main problems with selecting countries:

1. Can't ignore geo/political situations. While it might be exciting to watch, I don't think Jerry B wants to film angry mobs chasing down (or worse) contestants. Not that some (most?) don't deserve it for the way they act towards the locals! I think that the production company had a scare last time with Andre/Damon in Morroco.

2. Logistics of getting reliable transportation in/out of the countries. We may be in the 21st century but many places on this Earth are tough to get to!

06-19-03, 04:01 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Yeah yeah"
>2. Logistics of getting reliable transportation
>in/out of the countries. We
>may be in the 21st
>century but many places on
>this Earth are tough to
>get to!

What, you mean they're not going to Antarctica!

06-19-03, 04:14 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Yeah yeah"
But where haven't they been at this point? Most of what they haven't been to yet are small unknown contries. But I look at it more of a city thing than country. Just going through Italy, there's a big difference between Rome and say Venice. Alot of different landmarks and things to do.

For the most part the countries where they haven't been are located in Africa and South America. With a few exceptions(Egypt, South Africa, couple others)Africa is practically the same everywhere you go. Each city isn't going to bring much more to the race than the last city in Afrca.

But in Europe and Asia there's a big difference in almost every city and country you go to. There are things to do almost every place they go to.

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-19-03, 05:17 PM (EST)
7. "Um"
This is a spoiling area, so we don't really need to get into this, but I did want to mention that:
With a few exceptions(Egypt, South Africa, couple others)Africa is practically the same everywhere you go. Each city isn't going to bring much more to the race than the last city in Afrca.
is a really big generalization.

I personally have not been to Africa but have Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and a Brother-in-Law who all live/lived in different parts of Africa and would really disagree with you.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •