URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 538
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Been there, done that"

Posted by realitybites on 06-19-03 at 12:57 PM
Italy? Check. Austria? Check. France? Coming up next. India? Coming soon. Malaysia? Coming a little later, probably.

Zip line? Check. Bungee jump? Check. Rock climbing/rappeling? Coming up next.

The show's still good, but it's becoming a little familiar. I'm not sure why...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Been there, done that"
Posted by magic_star on 06-19-03 at 01:39 PM
I don't know though, most of the cities they're going to are new. They also haven't been primarily to Europe since season 1.

Most of the challenges are new ideas also. The only ones that aren't getting new things are the scary type. But there are only so many things you can do that are scary.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Posted by cyclehausen on 06-19-03 at 02:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-03 AT 02:02 PM (EST)

They should have to watch D.ick Clark and Joan Rivers take off their make-up.

Posted by TARJUNKIE999 on 06-19-03 at 07:07 PM
They should have to watch D.ick Clark and Joan Rivers take off their make-up.

Boy...talk about "Ugly Americans"!!!

"Yeah yeah"
Posted by realitybites on 06-19-03 at 02:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-03 AT 02:50 PM (EST)

Your points are noted and I agree with them, of course. I just wish we could get some new countries in besides the 20 or so we've already seen.

This one, however, I don't think you meant to say:

>They also haven't been primarily to Europe since season 1.

They spent quite a bit of time in Europe during last season, #3. They visited England, Scotland, Portugal, Spain, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland - though some of them were rather brief stops.

"RE: Yeah yeah"
Posted by VA Slim on 06-19-03 at 03:48 PM
Two main problems with selecting countries:

1. Can't ignore geo/political situations. While it might be exciting to watch, I don't think Jerry B wants to film angry mobs chasing down (or worse) contestants. Not that some (most?) don't deserve it for the way they act towards the locals! I think that the production company had a scare last time with Andre/Damon in Morroco.

2. Logistics of getting reliable transportation in/out of the countries. We may be in the 21st century but many places on this Earth are tough to get to!

Posted by magic_star on 06-19-03 at 04:01 PM
>2. Logistics of getting reliable transportation
>in/out of the countries. We
>may be in the 21st
>century but many places on
>this Earth are tough to
>get to!

What, you mean they're not going to Antarctica!

Posted by magic_star on 06-19-03 at 04:14 PM
But where haven't they been at this point? Most of what they haven't been to yet are small unknown contries. But I look at it more of a city thing than country. Just going through Italy, there's a big difference between Rome and say Venice. Alot of different landmarks and things to do.

For the most part the countries where they haven't been are located in Africa and South America. With a few exceptions(Egypt, South Africa, couple others)Africa is practically the same everywhere you go. Each city isn't going to bring much more to the race than the last city in Afrca.

But in Europe and Asia there's a big difference in almost every city and country you go to. There are things to do almost every place they go to.

"Um"
Posted by Canada Girl on 06-19-03 at 05:17 PM
This is a spoiling area, so we don't really need to get into this, but I did want to mention that:
With a few exceptions(Egypt, South Africa, couple others)Africa is practically the same everywhere you go. Each city isn't going to bring much more to the race than the last city in Afrca.
is a really big generalization.

I personally have not been to Africa but have Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and a Brother-in-Law who all live/lived in different parts of Africa and would really disagree with you.