The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

rob007 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-20-08, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rob007 Click to send private message to rob007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
Hey guys I'm new to the forum, but I am a huge fan of the show and after what happened today I had to just join and share with someone. The Amazing Race 14 started today in Seattle, WA. I am on travel in Seattle and while at the Public Market this morning I had the chance to see 5 teams come through the market headed for Pier 66. I actually had one team stop and ask for directions. What a thrill. I love the show and just had to tell someone. By the way I wish they would do an eposide where they reveal all the behind the scenes information such as what happens at pit stops and so on....

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today i... Seana 11-20-08 1
 RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today i... KwietOne 11-20-08 2
 Moved from Fanatics Bebo 11-20-08 3
 RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today i... Max Headroom 11-21-08 4
 RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today i... popeave 11-21-08 5
   RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today i... TARJUNKIE999 11-21-08 6
       RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today i... dabo 11-22-08 7
           RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today i... Earl Colby Pottinger 11-23-08 8
           RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today i... Karchita 01-17-09 12
 RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today i... flipxcyd 12-15-08 9
 RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today i... Earl Colby Pottinger 12-25-08 10
 RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today i... Loree 12-30-08 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-20-08, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
Hi and welcome. I'm afraid I haven't read your post. This sort of post should really go in the Spoilers forum, since TAR13 isn't even over yet. I'm going to ask that it be moved to Spoilers, so if you come back to look for it, it might be there.

Thanks for joining us!

Phil's sig courtesy of agman

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-20-08, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
That sounds awesome Rob! I'll have to talk to my sis over there to see, if she saw or heard anything.

BTW, welcome to the boards!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-08, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Moved from Fanatics"
...to Spoilers

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-08, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
I'm just glad to hear there will be a TAR14, after the snooze-inducing TAR13 season we've endured to date.

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-21-08, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail popeave Click to send private message to popeave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
Welcome, rob007! Great spy work, but we should expect that from you, I suppose. That is great to know that TAR 14 is under way.

I love the suggestion about a "behind the scenes" show. I'd really be interested to see that. Every now and then there have been spoilers who have posted here and elsewhere about seeing filming, including a very detailed account with pictures several seasons ago from a challenge in Canada that was never aired. That leaves me always wondering about all that we don't see, and I think a special "after the final rose" episode (*trying not to barf when I say that*) would be great. I'd be interested in knowing about the activities of the contestants off camera, as well as about the mechanics of producing the show.

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-21-08, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARJUNKIE999 Click to send private message to TARJUNKIE999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-08 AT 12:13 PM (EST)

Interesting find, but I fear it may only be a local race in the Seattle area. There are solid reports on other TAR fan sites that TAR14 started filming a few weeks ago, and racer sightings have been reported in Germany, Switzerland, Romania, and Austria. There are also reports/sightings of a TAR Israel currently filming in asia.

eta: speaking of TAR Israel, maybe it's them in Seattle after filming in asia as they travel around the world. Did you notice any cameramen and audio guys with the teams?

Actually, given the timing, it might even be the final 3 TAR14 teams (plus some decoy teams) arriving back in the states as they near the finish line somewhere else in the US. Or maybe not.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-08, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
Welcome aboard, Rob!

I'm afraid I have to agree with TARJUNKIE, typically the start of TAR is a race to the airport not Pier 66.

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-23-08, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
On the otherhand, if this was the end of the race Rob is a shoe-in for placing some winning bets on the next TAR.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-17-09, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
If they are trying to mix things up a bit and have less airports and flying, the racers could be going to Pier 66 to catch a boat. I think that's where the cruise ships dock, but Pier 69 is nearby and that's where the ferry to Victoria, BC Canada docks.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-15-08, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
So, I read off RFF that it actually started in Los Angeles again.

Rumored locations:

Switzerland
Austria
Romania
Thailand
Russia
Japan

Final destination: Hawaii?

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-25-08, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
Were there camera people following each and every team?

Locally produced TARs may have a local TV station filming with one or two cameras but never 5 for such an event.

If you saw two or less cameras following them it was local.

If you saw at-least 5 cameras and maybe an additional 5 sound people than you got TAR!!!!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-08, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
Amazing race returns on Feb 15, 2009 at 8 PM..
According to TV GUIDE, the first episode opens with a death defying
challenge. But even better less airports says co-creator and exec
producer, Bertram van Munster. "Very often the contestants already know
what plane they're going on, so there's very little drama there."
Expect plenty of other drama, though and even the first ever deaf
contestant. Players will also suffer through blizzards in Central
Siberia and go for the gold with Olympic-themed challenges in Beijing.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •