URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1581
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"

Posted by rob007 on 11-20-08 at 05:22 PM
Hey guys I'm new to the forum, but I am a huge fan of the show and after what happened today I had to just join and share with someone. The Amazing Race 14 started today in Seattle, WA. I am on travel in Seattle and while at the Public Market this morning I had the chance to see 5 teams come through the market headed for Pier 66. I actually had one team stop and ask for directions. What a thrill. I love the show and just had to tell someone. By the way I wish they would do an eposide where they reveal all the behind the scenes information such as what happens at pit stops and so on....

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Amazing Race 14 Started today in Seattle"
Posted by Seana on 11-20-08 at 06:27 PM
Hi and welcome. I'm afraid I haven't read your post. This sort of post should really go in the Spoilers forum, since TAR13 isn't even over yet. I'm going to ask that it be moved to Spoilers, so if you come back to look for it, it might be there.

Thanks for joining us!

Phil's sig courtesy of agman

Posted by KwietOne on 11-20-08 at 06:35 PM
That sounds awesome Rob! I'll have to talk to my sis over there to see, if she saw or heard anything.

BTW, welcome to the boards!

"Moved from Fanatics"
Posted by Bebo on 11-20-08 at 07:35 PM
...to Spoilers

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-21-08 at 08:42 AM
I'm just glad to hear there will be a TAR14, after the snooze-inducing TAR13 season we've endured to date.

Posted by popeave on 11-21-08 at 09:15 AM
Welcome, rob007! Great spy work, but we should expect that from you, I suppose. That is great to know that TAR 14 is under way.

I love the suggestion about a "behind the scenes" show. I'd really be interested to see that. Every now and then there have been spoilers who have posted here and elsewhere about seeing filming, including a very detailed account with pictures several seasons ago from a challenge in Canada that was never aired. That leaves me always wondering about all that we don't see, and I think a special "after the final rose" episode (*trying not to barf when I say that*) would be great. I'd be interested in knowing about the activities of the contestants off camera, as well as about the mechanics of producing the show.

Posted by TARJUNKIE999 on 11-21-08 at 12:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-08 AT 12:13 PM (EST)

Interesting find, but I fear it may only be a local race in the Seattle area. There are solid reports on other TAR fan sites that TAR14 started filming a few weeks ago, and racer sightings have been reported in Germany, Switzerland, Romania, and Austria. There are also reports/sightings of a TAR Israel currently filming in asia.

eta: speaking of TAR Israel, maybe it's them in Seattle after filming in asia as they travel around the world. Did you notice any cameramen and audio guys with the teams?

Actually, given the timing, it might even be the final 3 TAR14 teams (plus some decoy teams) arriving back in the states as they near the finish line somewhere else in the US. Or maybe not.

Posted by dabo on 11-22-08 at 08:54 PM
Welcome aboard, Rob!

I'm afraid I have to agree with TARJUNKIE, typically the start of TAR is a race to the airport not Pier 66.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-23-08 at 01:45 PM
On the otherhand, if this was the end of the race Rob is a shoe-in for placing some winning bets on the next TAR.

Posted by Karchita on 01-17-09 at 01:45 AM
If they are trying to mix things up a bit and have less airports and flying, the racers could be going to Pier 66 to catch a boat. I think that's where the cruise ships dock, but Pier 69 is nearby and that's where the ferry to Victoria, BC Canada docks.

Posted by flipxcyd on 12-15-08 at 02:09 PM
So, I read off RFF that it actually started in Los Angeles again.

Rumored locations:

Switzerland
Austria
Romania
Thailand
Russia
Japan

Final destination: Hawaii?

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 12-25-08 at 10:05 PM
Were there camera people following each and every team?

Locally produced TARs may have a local TV station filming with one or two cameras but never 5 for such an event.

If you saw two or less cameras following them it was local.

If you saw at-least 5 cameras and maybe an additional 5 sound people than you got TAR!!!!

Posted by Loree on 12-30-08 at 10:43 PM
Amazing race returns on Feb 15, 2009 at 8 PM..
According to TV GUIDE, the first episode opens with a death defying
challenge. But even better less airports says co-creator and exec
producer, Bertram van Munster. "Very often the contestants already know
what plane they're going on, so there's very little drama there."
Expect plenty of other drama, though and even the first ever deaf
contestant. Players will also suffer through blizzards in Central
Siberia and go for the gold with Olympic-themed challenges in Beijing.