The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC4 (FF) The stuff she thinks about"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

woeisme1 3588 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-10-04, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC4 (FF) The stuff she thinks about"
It intrigues her, intoxicates her really, to think how important her senses are to her. She had hung her satin bathrobe on the back of the bathroom door, fresh from the laundry after using a new kind of fabric softener. “ALL-fresh rain scent”. She hadn’t given it any thought really when she hung it there. But every time she walked into the bathroom she could smell this pleasant smell that she couldn’t quite put her finger on. It was almost like something hot. But not on fire hot. Then the next morning as she was brushing her hair and breathing it in, she had this compelling urge to find the source of this scent. And it was the satin robe. She continued brushing her hair trying to figure out exactly what it reminded her of. It had that freshly ironed starch smell that you catch a whiff of when you walk past a dry cleaner. And then it hit her.

She remembered that aroma as a child at her granny’s house. Her granny always used starch when she ironed. And instantly she was transported back in time to the little girl who loved the aromas of Granny’s house. She can just see her granny putting her on the kitchen counter where she would lay stretched out, her head in the sink with a towel under her neck, while Granny washed her hair. And her Granny would sing to her. Her granny loved polka music and it always played on the radio nearby. Her granny sang all sorts of songs to her, Amazing Grace and This Little Light of Mine being her favorites. The sweet smell of coffee on her granny's breath as she sang and gently massaged her scalp, relaxed every muscle in her body. And how good it felt when Granny brushed it out, so tender was she that it was a slice of nirvana while she did so.

And there she stood, back in her bathroom, brushing her hair and thanking her source for giving her all of her senses, for surely she would not be who she is today without them. And thinking how the subtlest smell can take one to another time and place, if only for a moment.

And she realized how important her sense of hearing had been to her, too. Just one old song on the radio and she is instantly reliving a time way back when. The same can be said of all her senses, really, and she never knows what the trigger will be that sends her back through time to another place, nor does it matter that she knows. For all those experiences have made her who and what she is today. And this is the stuff she thinks about as she stands in the bathroom, brushing her hair.

Fish and Game Officer of G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat.

Go here>http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID31/475.shtml, go now, I need you

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The stuff she thinks ... tinybubs 07-11-04 1
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The stuff she thinks ... motormouth 07-12-04 2
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The stuff she thinks ... zombiebaby 07-15-04 3
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The stuff she thinks ... KObrien_fan 07-20-04 4
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The stuff she thinks ... seahorse 08-03-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-11-04, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tinybubs Click to send private message to tinybubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The stuff she thinks about"
Very kewl Woe! Brought back memories of my Grandma's house when I was growing up. Loved the "train of thought" style of writing.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

motormouth 4421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-12-04, 03:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The stuff she thinks about"
Loved it woe. I think everyone can relate to these feelings/memories. You really touched on something special.

*Courtesy of Ice Cat*

zombiebaby 7021 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-15-04, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The stuff she thinks about"
Smell is so powerful! It really can take you to another place!

Great writing!

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

The fellowship of the banana has begun...

KObrien_fan 8204 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-04, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The stuff she thinks about"
I can totally relate, nicely done Woe, you are a talented and loving person!

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The stuff she thinks about"
You hit on something that I think all of us can relate to. We all see, hear, feel and smell things that remind us of other life experiences. I thought about the after shave lotion my grandpa wore, when I read your story.

Well done, Woe.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •