The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Mysterious Jedi 1043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-05-04, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mysterious%20Jedi Click to send private message to Mysterious%20Jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole"
LAST EDITED ON 01-05-04 AT 02:28 PM (EST)

Little Johnny and Annemarie were the best of friends. Where you found one, you would almost surely find the other. They walked to school and back home together every day. They did homework together. They spent almost all of their weekends together. They even got in trouble together. Out of all these things, their most favorite thing to do together was to spend the day down at the fishin' hole.

This was no ordinary fishin' hole though, this was their secret fishin' hole that no one else knew about, or so they liked to believe. They even made a sign out of an old piece of wood they found in Johnny's garage that said "J & A private fishin' hole" and nailed it to the dead tree that leaned out over the water.

Despite being more of an old, overgrown drainage reservoir out in the middle of a small forest than an actual lake or pond, Little Johnny and Annemarie both insisted it was loaded with fish, even though they had never actually managed to catch one.

"Johnny, why do you insist on going back to that place? You know you're just wasting your time." His mother would ask, knowing full well what his response would be.

"Me and Annemarie are gonna catch you some dinner, momma!!" He said proudly.

"Well I hope you plan to skin it and clean it too, because I sure as heck won't be touching anything that comes out of there."

"Yessum." Johnny answered solemnly as he and Annemarie headed out the back door.

It was a pleasantly cool Autumn afternoon, partly cloudy, but no sign of rain. A constant, gentle breeze out of the North swirled through the trees and added a bit of a chill at times. As soon as the fishin' hole came into view a big smile came across Annemarie's face while shouting "race ya", and took off towards the water, leaving Little Johnny in her dust. By the time Johnny got to the fishin' hole, Annemarie had already baited her hook and was ready to start fishing.

"What took ya' so long, slowpoke?" She asked jokingly.

"You cheated and you know it!"

"Sooo!" She replied, giggling.

Annemarie waited for Little Johnny to catch his breath and bait his hook then walked over to her usual spot and cast her bait out into the water. Johnny did the same. The first two hours were pretty much how they always were; more talking than fishing. They would talk about school, life, and random everyday topics, not really paying much attention to their corks. Every once in a while they'd move to a different spot hoping for better luck.

Johnny blamed their lack of success on the fact that they didn't have a boat. He just knew that if they could get out closer to center that they'd hit the jackpot. Annemarie was certain it was the icky worms they always used. She thought they should be using gummi bears, but anytime she remembered to bring a few with her, they were always long gone before they started fishing.

The next few hours were pretty much the same, only a little less talking and really not much fishing at all. The sun was dipping lower and lower in the sky and the shadows from the trees grew long. The breeze had died down a bit, but with cloudy skies, it began to get slightly chilly.

"Annemarie, c'mere, quick!" Johnny said excitedly.

Annemarie looked up briefly to see where Johnny was then tossed her pole to the ground and ran over to see what all the excitement was about. She didn't think it was a fish, because Johnny was looking at something on the ground instead of in the water. Once she got a little closer, she could see it clearly wasn't a fish.

"What is it, Johnny?" Asked Annemarie, sounding kind of disappointed.

"A sillypede, I think! I just remember seeing something like that in our science book and I think that's what it was called. Pretty cool, huh!?" He exclaimed.

"You mean a centipede?" She asked.

"That's what I said, a cennypede!!" He replied, sure of himself.

Annemarie just smiled and nodded her head. "It's starting to get late, let's go home Johnny." She said.

"Yeah, okay, let's go." He agreed.

They walked home slowly, telling stories and swapping jokes and contemplating life as usual. When they got to Annemarie's street, Johnny stopped her and said "race ya to your house!" They both smiled and took off running. Little Johnny knew he could beat her so he ran backwards. He still won anyway because Annemarie was too tired to actually try.

"Hey, you cheated!" She said jokingly.

"Sooo!" He kidded back.

They both laughed. The two friends shared a hug, told each other goodnight, and agreed that they would do the same thing tomorrow. Annemarie watched Johnny walk down the street until she could no longer see him. She then quietly closed the front door and went upstairs to wash up for dinner.

Little Johnny and Annemarie were the best of friends.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole FarmBoy 01-05-04 1
 RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole Silvergirl1 01-05-04 2
 RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole Deonna 01-05-04 3
 RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole L82LIFE 01-05-04 4
 RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole Swami 01-05-04 5
 RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole Drive My Car 01-06-04 6
 RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole Schnookie Palookie 01-07-04 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-05-04, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole"
OH Jedi!

You make me want to be a little kid again. I loved it!

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece
Still acts like one.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Silvergirl1 8694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-05-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole"

This was a very nice read, Jedi! I love your style. I hope you write more.

~Silvergirl~

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-05-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole"
Great Story!

Deonna

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-04, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole"
Great story, Jedi. It really takes me back to a simpler time in youth. What a wonderful flow it has about it, comfortable, like the friends are with each other.

Swami 5883 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-04, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole"
Thanks for writing so nicely about my childhood, Jedi. But his name was Billy, not Johnny.

IceCat is The One

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole"
I loved this. Such a sweet and gentle story.
Made me smile.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: WSC3(SS) The Fishin' Hole"
Thank you Jedi for bringing me back to the good old days.
That was a wonderful story, well written and put a smile on my face.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •