The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Detours"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

featherfish81 504 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-13-16, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Detours"
Which detour would you have chosen?

Mariachi madness - find the mariachi members not actually playing
-or-
Great bulls of fire - make a paper mache bull and set it on fire

Normally search tasks aren't the way to go, but I think I would have chosen it over building stuff. And seeing the way the teams finished, looks like that would have been a good choice.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Detours kidflash212 02-13-16 1
 RE: Detours taffnic 02-14-16 2
 RE: Detours Earl Colby Pottinger 02-15-16 3
 RE: Detours Agman2 02-18-16 4
 RE: Detours kingfish 02-19-16 5
 RE: Detours - Episode 2 featherfish81 02-22-16 6
   RE: Detours - Episode 2 kingfish 02-23-16 7
   RE: Detours - Episode 2 personofinterest 03-03-16 9
 RE: Detours personofinterest 03-03-16 8
 episode 3 personofinterest 03-03-16 10
   RE: episode 3 featherfish81 03-04-16 12
 RE: Detours Earl Colby Pottinger 03-04-16 11
   RE: Detours kingfish 03-04-16 13
 Episode 4 featherfish81 03-05-16 14
   RE: Episode 4 Earl Colby Pottinger 03-06-16 15
       RE: Episode 4 kingfish 03-07-16 16
           RE: Episode 4 Earl Colby Pottinger 03-07-16 17
       RE: Episode 4 featherfish81 03-16-16 18
 Episode 5 featherfish81 03-16-16 19
 RE: Detours Earl Colby Pottinger 03-16-16 20
 RE: Detours personofinterest 03-23-16 21
   RE: Detours kingfish 03-24-16 22
 Episode 6 featherfish81 04-11-16 23
   RE: Episode 6 Earl Colby Pottinger 04-15-16 25
 Episode 7 featherfish81 04-11-16 24
   RE: Episode 7 Earl Colby Pottinger 04-15-16 26
 Episode 8 featherfish81 04-22-16 27
   RE: Episode 8 Earl Colby Pottinger 04-22-16 28
       RE: Episode 8 Earl Colby Pottinger 04-22-16 29
 RE: Detours kingfish 04-26-16 30
 RE: Detours kingfish 05-02-16 31
 Episode 10 featherfish81 05-06-16 32
 Episode 11 featherfish81 05-10-16 33
   RE: Episode 11 kingfish 05-11-16 34
   RE: Episode 11 kidflash212 07-10-16 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 4902 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-13-16, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Detours"
I think I would have chosen mariachi. I do wonder about one thing - would touching the instrument have been against the rules? It was so loud, I would put my hand on the horn to see if I felt vibrations.

Tribe!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

taffnic 5387 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-16, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Detours"
I probably would have done the mariachi one also.

courtesy of Cap'n2patch

Earl Colby Pottinger 2230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-15-16, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Detours"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-16 AT 07:02 AM (EST)

>Which detour would you have chosen?

>Mariachi madness -or- Great bulls of fire

Great bulls of fire for me. It speaks to the pyro in me.

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-18-16, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Detours"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-16 AT 04:15 PM (EST)

Great Bulls of fire.

kingfish 19157 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-16, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Detours"
Pyro for me too. It speaks to the kid in me.

And the 300+ musicians with the cacophony of sound would make the Mariachi task almost impossible.

The strings could be eliminated pretty quickly though, it should be easy to see of the bows were on the strings, or if the fingers were actually hitting the strings. So maybe just checking out the horns would have made that task possible.

I still would go with the Fireworks. And whatever the one team did to get the wheel to spin off of the bull - they should get extra points for that.

02-22-16, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Detours - Episode 2"
Pop-Up - Build a shelter on the beach

-or-

Parrilla - Cook and properly plate fish

While I can cook, I think I would have gone with building. You can't really hurry cooking, but you can make building go faster.

02-23-16, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Detours - Episode 2"
Cooking. Too many details in the building project. It doesn't take long to cook a fish.

personofinterest 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-03-16, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Detours - Episode 2"
Building again. I probably would screw up the cooking.

03-03-16, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Detours"
Yay! Discussion of TAR!

If I ever could run this race, it would probably be with my older son. He is pretty good at putting things together and is tall and strong. I can put things together pretty well, so I would probably go with building.

And fire also is fun!

03-03-16, 03:52 PM (EST)
10. "episode 3"
Corn hole with explosives or begging on a bus.

Anything with explosives works for me!

It also looked pretty easy. Everyone seemed to hit at least one target, while the teams who chose the bus seemed to have problems at least getting started.

03-04-16, 06:04 AM (EST)
12. "RE: episode 3"
Yeah, definitely the tossing one. I would hate begging people for money.

03-04-16, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Detours"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-16 AT 02:10 AM (EST)

Explosives of-course. How could one turn that down?

Plus, the bus task did seem harder since you depended on other people to get on the bus.

03-04-16, 03:19 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Detours"
A pretty and vivacious young woman could get the bus challenge done pretty quickly, as was demonstrated. Those Latinos responded to the feminine come-on promise of a Beso.

But I'm not one of those, so the grenade challenge would have been my best bet, beside being more fun.

03-05-16, 10:16 PM (EST)
14. "Episode 4"
In Switzerland, your choice:

Workbench - Make a Swiss Army Knife

-or-

Benchwork- Count how many people can sit on the longest wooden bench in the world

This was a tough choice. Counting people on the bench sounded much easier, though I am decent at putting together puzzles so hopefully I would have chosen that, given how much trouble people had with the bench.

03-06-16, 06:39 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Episode 4"
I would had done benchwork - I think you could just do a few sittings and then using the supports as standard spacing I would calculate how many people could sit down on the bench.

03-07-16, 09:27 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Episode 4"
Benchwork. No Brainer. Just see how many page widths there were between bench supports, then count the bench supports and multiply the two to get the answer. You wouldn't even need to disturb the chess players.

I can't imagine the difficulty in assembling a Swiss Army knife.

03-07-16, 12:09 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 4"
Agree on how to do the benchwork task but I would do it for three supports to handle rounding errors.

As for the Swiss knife, the old guy was able to do it, but he did carefully and slow (he was like a surgeon) while the guys who hurried were one mistake from coming in last, I saw those parts go flying on the one guy who made a mistake.

03-16-16, 04:43 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Episode 4"
I'm not sure, but I think you had to at least go through the pretense of sitting down on the whole bench, even if you did the math to get the correct answer. When they got the answer wrong they had to go back and do the whole thing again, even for the team that had the answer given to them.

03-16-16, 04:51 PM (EST)
19. "Episode 5"
I didn't get the titles, but your two choices were to:

Deliver explosives and lunch to an Alpine crew
-or-
Set up a camp site including a wind break

Normally I can set up a camp fairly quickly, but given the cold, I would hopefully have gone for delivering the explosives, which looked much quicker.

03-16-16, 07:15 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Detours"
If they mentioned that the explosives would be set off I would for sure do the lunch and explosive task. Without knowing that I would make the mistake in thinking that setting up the camp was the faster task.

I would of-course be wrong.

03-23-16, 02:05 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Detours"
The view was awesome! However, it made me nervous watching them do the tasks, and I am not even afraid of heights!

If I had to choose, I would always go with blowing up stuff! And I probably would have been too cold to focus on the details needed to set up a winter camp.

03-24-16, 11:29 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Detours"
I would have gone for the explosive task, and fallen off the mountain.

04-11-16, 12:55 PM (EST)
23. "Episode 6"
Oops, looks like I missed a week posting. So last week's choice was:

Thread - sew a row of 200 stitches on an Armenian rug

-or-

Bread - bake 15 sheets of traditional bread

I think I would have gone with thread. I'm fairly detail oriented, and once I got the hang of it could probably go fairly quickly.

04-15-16, 07:38 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Episode 6"
I would have done the bread. But I think I would lose all my arm hair in those stoves.

04-11-16, 12:59 PM (EST)
24. "Episode 7"
This week the choice was:

Clean - clean out a vat used to ferment wine

-or-

String - make traditional candy

String sounded quicker, so I think I would have gone with that, although the cleaning one didn't seem too bad either.

04-15-16, 07:39 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Episode 7"
I think I would have gone for the candy too! It sounded so easy, it turns out to be so hard!

04-22-16, 01:06 AM (EST)
27. "Episode 8"
This time you could either race racing camels on a bike or walk them to an oasis.

I'm not the fastest biker, but the fact that you got a head start each subsequent time made it doable. I think I would have gone for that, since getting animals to behave can be a tricky task.

04-22-16, 07:35 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Episode 8"
Well, I know racing camels are fast so I would have gone for walking them. While I know controlling camels can be a pain (they spit) I am very good in taking the heat as long as I have enough water to drink.

04-22-16, 08:07 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Episode 8"
Going to Bali, Indonesia.

Most teams think Brodie and Kurt have an express pass, but I think they have already used it.

The plane they are booking has plenty of seats so all the teams catch up.

04-26-16, 10:16 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Detours"
It seems kind of unfair that after such a valiant performance in the salt water evaporation challenge by Rachael that they should be eliminated.

Such is life, though. The courageous don't always win.

05-02-16, 08:19 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Detours"
Anybody else glad to see the Florida Gators be eliminated?

I was.

05-06-16, 01:46 PM (EST)
32. "Episode 10"
Sorry, forgot to post last week.

Your choice:

Haul - carry fifty coconuts and four chickens across a bridge

-or-

Harvest - propel a traditional canoe along a marked course and then collect enough seaweed to cover a tarp

Unlike all of the teams, I would have chosen harvest. Seaweed is pretty easy to pick, and that sounded much easier than making multiple trips with coconuts and chickens.

05-10-16, 10:29 PM (EST)
33. "Episode 11"
This week, your choices are:

Commute - Navigate a path on a small segway-type scooter
-or-
Artwork - Take some art to a gallery and put it up on the wall in the proper arrangement

Tough choice this week. I might have tried commute, because finding directions when you don't speak the language can be tough. Though it didn't look like the teams had too much trouble with it, so maybe it wasn't as bad as it seemed.

05-11-16, 10:11 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Episode 11"
A coin toss unless I knew that the commuter challenge was on an electric unicycle. No way would I have tried that challenge once I knew what it was.

kidflash212 4902 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Episode 11"
commute

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •