The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 5005 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-15, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
Hope Estee dosn't mind my picking this up and I hope we can generate at least a small conversation on this board. I'll start this to have a place to list what we liked and didn't like about the new season of the Amazing Race.

Clap - First destination, Tokyo. I love the choice, throw the teams into such a different culture than they are used to right off the bat. The fish out of water scenes of Team Tuskgegee were fun.

Clap - The casting, at least for now, seems to have gone back to picking more average people not the supermodels we had been getting. Even Jonathan Knight was likable and down to earth.

No Hand Movement - the blind date twist. I had very low expectations about this twist and miss the various types of relationships but it didn't come off as bad as I originally thought it might. Wait and see for now.

Clap - the dancing detour was fun to watch and I appreciate that the judging seemed consistent for all teams regardless of how many times they performed.

Slap - #this and #that on every freaking scene. It's annoying and I think the demographic for TAR skews older.

Slap - same goes for the "selfies". Blechh.

Slap - the mud run to start the race. It's a long race and lots of running around so under the best of circumstances, personal hygiene probably takes a back seat. Forcing teams to get dirt in all cracks and crevices before even really starting? And it was more a Survivor task than a TAR task.

No Hand Movement - to what seemed to be a big disparity between the two Detours. The saki detour was much easier.

Slap - the best Pit Stop you could find in Tokyo was a dingy parking spot?

Tribe!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... Earl Colby Pottinger 02-26-15 1
   RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... kidflash212 02-26-15 2
       RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... Earl Colby Pottinger 02-27-15 4
           RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... kidflash212 02-27-15 5
               RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... featherfish81 02-28-15 13
                   RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... kidflash212 03-01-15 17
 RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... Agman2 02-26-15 3
   RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... kidflash212 02-27-15 6
       RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... Agman2 02-28-15 10
   RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... Puffy 02-28-15 9
       RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... Agman2 02-28-15 11
 Leg 2 IanQuentin 02-28-15 7
   RE: Leg 2 kidflash212 02-28-15 12
   RE: Leg 2 featherfish81 03-01-15 14
       RE: Leg 2 kidflash212 03-01-15 15
   RE: Leg 2 Max_Headroom 03-01-15 18
   RE: Leg 2 Molaholic 03-03-15 22
       RE: Leg 2 kidflash212 03-03-15 23
 RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... Puffy 02-28-15 8
   RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... kidflash212 03-01-15 16
 RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... mikey 03-02-15 19
   RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... Agman2 03-02-15 20
   RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edit... kidflash212 03-02-15 21
 Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3 kidflash212 03-07-15 24
   RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3 Max_Headroom 03-08-15 25
       RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3 kidflash212 03-10-15 29
   RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3 featherfish81 03-09-15 26
       RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3 mikey 03-10-15 27
           RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3 kidflash212 03-10-15 28
           RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3 featherfish81 03-10-15 30
           RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3 PepeLePew13 03-14-15 33
   RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3 Molaholic 03-10-15 31
   RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3 IanQuentin 03-13-15 32
       RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3 Earl Colby Pottinger 03-15-15 35
 Bangkhok kidflash212 03-14-15 34
   RE: Bangkhok Max_Headroom 03-15-15 36
       RE: Bangkhok kidflash212 03-18-15 40
   RE: Bangkhok featherfish81 03-17-15 37
       RE: Bangkhok kidflash212 03-18-15 39
           RE: Bangkhok featherfish81 03-19-15 41
   RE: Bangkhok personofinterest 03-17-15 38
   RE: Bangkhok IanQuentin 03-19-15 42
 RE: Germany featherfish81 04-09-15 43
   RE: Germany kingfish 04-10-15 44
   RE: Germany Molaholic 04-11-15 45
 Monaco kidflash212 04-12-15 46
   RE: Monaco Molaholic 04-12-15 47
   RE: Monaco featherfish81 04-14-15 48
   RE: Monaco IanQuentin 04-14-15 49
 Africa Earl Colby Pottinger 04-18-15 50
 Legs 9, 10, 11 IanQuentin 05-13-15 51
   RE: Legs 9, 10, 11 kingfish 05-13-15 52
       RE: Legs 9, 10, 11 IanQuentin 05-13-15 53
           RE: Legs 9, 10, 11 kingfish 05-14-15 54
               RE: Legs 9, 10, 11 IanQuentin 05-14-15 55
                   RE: Legs 9, 10, 11 Agman2 05-15-15 56
 Final Leg featherfish81 05-16-15 57
   RE: Final Leg IanQuentin 05-17-15 58
   RE: Final Leg Molaholic 05-19-15 59
       RE: Final Leg kingfish 05-19-15 60
           RE: Final Leg Molaholic 05-20-15 61
           RE: Final Leg featherfish81 05-21-15 62
               RE: Final Leg Agman2 05-22-15 63
               RE: Final Leg PepeLePew13 05-24-15 64
                   RE: Final Leg kidflash212 07-10-16 65
                       RE: Final Leg PsychoKitty 09-07-16 66

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Earl Colby Pottinger 2230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-26-15, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-15 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-26-15 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

SMALL SLAP - I thought the drink detour was going to be harder to do than it turn out to be. The racers were very good at it, and I think the producers also thought it would be harder.

BIG CLAP - The dance routine I noticed towards the end the judge was giving them a little more slack on the racer's timing. But any out-right mistake was always seen as a failure. Well done.

BIG CLAP - The mud race in the beginning might have been tough, but it gave notice that this was no walk in the park show. I have always hated if in the first show a racing pair talked about how they would win because they were so good looking or smart. Well, the mud pit and ice water dive quickly showed what you really need to win.

BIG SLAP - Racers talking to Japanese taxi drivers in English instead of showing them the clue that the drivers could read to figure out where to go.

CLAP - The blind date side to the race is so far working a lot better than I expected. I think this race will be more fun than the last couple of TARs.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-26-15, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
Have to add a CLAP to those dancers who had to perform over and over again with the teams. Kudos to them.

02-27-15, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
That was crazy! How long did they spend dancing?

The shortest time I came up with was 6 hours, and it seem more likely they were there with the racers for 8-12 hours doing the same dance over and over.

02-27-15, 12:51 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
Hope they were compensated for all those sore muscles. Quite amazing their stamina.

featherfish81 504 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-28-15, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
They definitely started taking turns. One shot there were only about 4 dancers dancing with them. Not that I'm complaining - I think I would have done the same.

03-01-15, 01:06 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
I would have been on a stretcher.

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-26-15, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
I need to both clap and slap myself upside the head. I missed the whole episode!

02-27-15, 12:56 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
How did that happen?

02-28-15, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
Teenager issues!

Puffy 6676 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-15, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"

Can you catch it on demand or online? They started at Castaic Lake!

02-28-15, 12:45 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
I was just in that area a few weeks ago!

IanQuentin 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-28-15, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IanQuentin Click to send private message to IanQuentin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Leg 2"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-15 AT 10:36 AM (EST)

I really liked the first leg, but this one...

Clap - They changed cities and there was only slight bunching. Good job for rewarding leads.

That's all the leg's gonna get.

Slap - Second leg in a row with one easy and one hard detour. I get that the producers thought the sake challenge was potentially hard. But the noodles was basically just show up and spend 10 minutes, which is probably the amount of time it took to put on clothes-try 1 leg of the ice skating-then take off clothes.

Slap - Maybe it's just me, but the scenery didn't seem up to par in this leg. Felt like we didn't see much.

SLAP - Was that the easiest leg in all of Amazing Race History? Beyond taxi/train issues, the only challenges were open a puzzle box, then either speed ice skate or eat noodles. Then done. REALLY? Come on now.

Normally, I wouldn't slap the racers (and most of them were the bright spot of this leg to me, but...)
!!!!SLAP!!!! - Libby and CJ Should Have Been Eliminated At The Train Station! Did they even try?! That was 2 of the most pathetic painful legs that I have watched a pair of racers do. That beat Dandrew in patheticness. SelfieFail should have been race fail! The producers should have stepped in there and said "OK, you're done! Hey, go get Steve and Aly!" No racer skills at all.
I feel bad for Tuskegee University.

02-28-15, 09:06 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Leg 2"
I agree with a lot of your slaps

SLAP I'm issuing a new slap every week until the pound sign hashtag # nonsense stops. And the selfies.

SLAP The Date Night reward. This is not a dating show.

SLAP If there is no bunching the tasks themselves should allow for some movement. There was little chance to move up.

CLAP That the bumbling team was actually eliminated unlike previous seasons where the most inept team always manages to come in second to last for several legs.

Tribe!

03-01-15, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Leg 2"
I didn't like that they couldn't read both detours before choosing one - that's kind of the point of having a detour is picking what you think you'll be good at.

I actually like most of the teams so far, even the ones I wasn't sure I would. But asking every couple if they have sparks so far? At some point they'll have to say "yes" just so phil will stop asking. Understandably, they all seem much more focused on the race than love. The race is now, love can come in 3 weeks when they've finished racing.

03-01-15, 11:13 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Leg 2"
I agree, I want Phil to lay off the blind date aspect. This is about the race. And the pre-existing couples get less focus.

Max_Headroom 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-01-15, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max_Headroom Click to send private message to Max_Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Leg 2"
Slap - The entire leg was completely linear with almost no chance for teams to move up or down in the standings. Though I generally hate bunch points, semi-local legs need one.

Slap - Blind U-Turns stink, and this one (like most of them) was a death sentence for the team getting U-Turned. Given the horrible leg design, this would've been a great place to use up a non-elimination leg (another TAR gimmick I hate).

Clap - Two legs in and we've had almost zero bickering, which is especially surprising with the presence of blind date teams.

Molaholic 8995 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-15, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Leg 2"
CLAP - Tokyo. Been there - done the bullet train. Yes, the station was a mad house.

SLAP - Poor detours

SLAP - No drama. We want drama. How about somebody breaking an ankle or something.

Mucho lurve to tribe 2012

03-03-15, 05:56 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Leg 2"
I think the doctor and the blonde are going to be bringing the drama next leg. Clearly the worst "blind date".

Puffy 6676 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-15, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"

Nothing to add, but I agree with the comments.

03-01-15, 01:05 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
Good to see you around!

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-02-15, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
When the olympians managed to do the skating detour in 3:30, I thought no way anyone else was going to get it within the allotted 3:55. This was kind of like the surfing fast forward last season -- not exactly fair for the other teams.

03-02-15, 02:21 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-15 AT 02:21 PM (EST)

I Didn't see the episode, but I can't believe they allowed that. You're right, it doesn't seem fair.

03-02-15, 03:27 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Claps & Slaps - All Dating Edition"
It was certainly a big advantage for the Olympians but I would put that in the same category as teams who speak the native language. It's an advantage but not quite like the surfing Fast Forward which came very late in the Race and was a free win to the surfers. In this case there were 10 teams, the advantage to the Olympians wasn't likely to directly eliminate another team. And there was a choice of Detours, the other one was much easier which would negate much of the advantage to the Olympians.

You could also say the all male teams would have had an advantage on the ice skating too. The weight differential was much less than for the male/female teams.

03-07-15, 07:48 AM (EST)
24. "Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-15 AT 07:49 AM (EST)

I really hope this was just a low point of the season and it will pick up. Hard to find any reason to applaud.

Clap - A non-elimination that fell in the right spot. Poor planning that it wound up a single team would miss that day's flights.

Clap - It was nice to see Mike & Rochelle win the leg.

Slap - How do you completely fail at bunching the teams?

Slap - The dating aspect is annoying. We are getting mediocre tasks and wasting airtime on who is sleeping in the same room. Barf.

Slap - The dating theme has made it harder to tell the teams apart already, then you have a leg where they all wind up wearing the same outfits, helmets and makeup. It was nearly impossible to tell who was who this leg.

Slap - Three legs and two of them have had a "learn the dance steps" task. Boring.

Slap - Another Detour vastly harder than the other choice. This shouldn't happen on every leg.

Slap - Insecure straight men forced to wear a dress and makeup. This stopped being funny years ago.

Slap - public marriage proposals also went out years ago.

Tribe!

03-08-15, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max_Headroom Click to send private message to Max_Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3"
Agreed, this was another subpar leg. Due to poor flights, the last-place finisher was preordained, so the only suspense was whether the leg was a non-elimination or not.

Slap - Still no drama. Every season needs at least one villain team to root against, and we don't have that team yet.

Slap - Tasks have been so easy so far, even the blind date teams haven't been pushed to bickering or villainous behavior. (See above.)

Mini-slap: No eye candy girls this season.

03-10-15, 03:15 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3"
I'm thinking the lawyers have a chance to be the villain team. They have a arrogant attitude sometimes.

03-09-15, 03:54 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3"
I also was surprised to see another dance task. And the search task was over a very small area so it didn't seem to take them very long. I didn't mind the other tasks, though the wakeboarding task looked like they weren't getting a consistent pull on the rope, making it MUCH harder than it probably should have been.

And Haley needs to relax a little. Constantly harping on the mistake won't make it any better.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble telling the teams apart on this leg.

While I agree that the drag is overdone, I was actually okay with the proposal. I like that it happened in the middle of the race, not after they'd been eliminated, or at the finish line. It seemed more spontaneous that way.

I don't understand how the teams got so bunched up, when they clearly left the task at different times, and Matt & Ashley even had to go back. They must have kept the first teams at the pit stop for a long time.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-10-15, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3"
I was wondering on the proposal whether the ring was in the fanny pack they left at the last challenge. He might have been carrying this around for a while, then when he almost lost it decided to put it on her finger now before he actually loses it for good.

03-10-15, 03:11 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3"
Interesting observation! Hadn't even considered that.

03-10-15, 04:08 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3"
Oh, interesting thought.

And I have to say, I appreciated how she didn't freak out at losing the fanny pack. Yes, it's a mistake, he knows its a mistake, and harping on it wouldn't help anyone. Hayley could learn something.

PepeLePew13 25875 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-15, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3"
That was my immediate thought, as well. Ashley didn't react too strongly while Matt was freaking out big time, so it fit that he would panic at the thought he had lost the ring for good.

03-10-15, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3"
SLAP - Episode was yelling NEL within the first 10 minutes.

SLAP - Bunch point that failed to bunch (but did get racers a nice hangover).

SLAP - More lame detours

CLAP - Nobody got naked on camera.

SLAP - Did I mention the easy-to-spot NEL?

03-13-15, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IanQuentin Click to send private message to IanQuentin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3"

I agree with most of these, but there's a few I want to add.

Clap - I'm happy that the show is at least being real when it comes to the blind date thing by clearly showing when it just didn't work out, like with Kurt and Bergen. So now we have 10 dating couples and 2 'random friends'.

Clap - Upside down house!

Slap - We like Roadblocks. Stop skipping them on entire legs. I missed them last season and now we're 3 legs in and there's only been 2 roadblocks. I liked seeing racer strategy with them.

03-15-15, 11:07 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Phuket, Thailand - Leg 3"
CLAP - For the Upside down house too!

03-14-15, 08:00 PM (EST)
34. "Bangkhok"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-15 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

Not a suspenseful leg by any means, but I enjoyed it more than the prior leg.

Clap - Two episodes in Phuket and Bangkok and we avoided all lame jokes about the names of the cities.

Clap - The scenery this leg was nicer than it has been in the three previous legs.

Clap - I'm a dog person, but the Cat Cafe was really cute.

Clap - I liked that the final clue took some investigation to figure out.

BIG CLAP - 100 year old eggs. I've tried one - they are nasty and it was fun to watch the teams gag them down.

BIG SLAP - No suspense. Jonathan and Harley got a raw deal. Their fate was sealed when the seats ran out on the flights to Phuket. Stupid planning on the production crews part to have teams wait overnight in an airport for the counters to open only to have enough seats for all but a single team. You'd think they would have let Jonathan & Harley leave early enough on this leg to catch the same flight as everyone else.

Slap - Detours should allow all teams to choose which task they want to perform. Limiting the water detour to five teams just doesn't seem fair.

Slap - Haley. She could use one. If I were Blair, I would really be debating if $500,000 dollars was worth spending another minute with her. "YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME!" - Why, is he being punished for some horrible crime?

Slap - I want to see some challenging tasks.

No Hand Movement - Glad to see a Roadblock but not all that impressed with its design.

Tribe!

03-15-15, 08:41 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Bangkhok"
As usual, I agree with kidflash on many points.

No Hand Movement - Liked the idea of choosing one of two paths for all tasks, didn't like the limit of 5 teams for the water taxi option.

Slap - For Hayley, just because she deserves one. Don't be such a shrew!

Slap - So far we've had a short course with no hard tasks to complete. Is this the Amazing Race or Around the World in 25 Days? The producers even blew a bunch point earlier in the season.

Clap - The native greeter at the mat was cool.

Clap - Phil's task narration from the moving tuk-tuk and water taxi made me smile.

03-18-15, 12:07 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Bangkhok"
When it comes to Haley, it's not that hard to figure out why she can't find a date on her own.

03-17-15, 01:27 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Bangkhok"
I agree, the scenery was nice, and I did think the cat cafe was cute. But couldn't they have come up with a more challenging task than pour milk into a bowl?

And having an almost-but-not-quite bunch point with a speed bump seemed pretty unfair.

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I'm ready for some physical challenges. So far these all seem fairly easy, only made difficult by stress.

03-18-15, 10:19 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Bangkhok"
I agree that pour milk in a bowl would have to make the top three easiest tasks ever on TAR.

And an additional SLAP for pre-empting the show for two weeks. There must be a way to have the NCAA Tournament and The Amazing Race broadcast.

03-19-15, 01:52 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Bangkhok"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-15 AT 01:53 AM (EST)

I suspect there was something in the planning about the land detour being tougher because of traffic, so they wanted to make the tasks easier (I've never played snooker, but I've played a little pool, and it can't have taken them that long to get one ball in a pocket - all it takes is one easy set-up). But that was the wrong way to go about it, I think. They should have made the distances shorter, rather than the tasks easier (the temple task didn't seem hard, but it did look time consuming).

personofinterest 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-17-15, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Bangkhok"
I agree with all of your slaps. This could have been a great episode with a few minor modifications. Instead, it was just OK for me.

03-19-15, 10:00 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Bangkhok"
I actually liked this leg, other than the no suspense elimination

Clap - The speed bump was a worthy one and not just a simple task. A bit of overkill for Jonathan and Harley, but the idea was still good.
I wish the race could have stepped in and somehow forced some of the early teams to have taken the 9am flight, so at least they would have had a fighting chance.

Clap - I liked the forced split of detours here. After several legs where most teams just flocked to one detour, I'm glad that one 'obvious to be faster' detour had a limit based on first come first serve.
Incidentally, what if that was a new feature of the race. Have an Express Lane, where the teams get to a task, but there is an alternate faster task available only for the first half of the teams that arrive.

Slap - It may have been Amazing Race worthy, but a 100 or 1000 year egg eating challenge was just nasty.

04-09-15, 01:46 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Germany"
I hope everyone remembered basketball is over and the show is back on.

Clap - A variety of interesting tasks - driving, stacking, carrying, singing, rowing, searching - all the elements of a good leg

Clap - Consistent judging at the road block. It seemed like unless you did amazingly well (Blair) you got one douse with the water and then a pass. At least, I didn't detect a large difference between the first and second time for most teams.

No Hand Movement - I liked having them wear costumes the entire leg, but they could have had a few more changing rooms. They had to expect a bunch point at the airport.

No Hand Movement - I normally don't like the produce placement, but forcing them to actually use the car's features for a task (instead of just "push this button for your clue") was interesting.

kingfish 19336 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-15, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Germany"
I missed the last half of the show when the local station preempted to show a tornado alert, along with the boxes and arrows and "jump into your cellar" announcements.

They should learn to focus on what's more important, and never under almost any circumstances interrupt TAR.

Russian invasion? No, keep showing TAR.
ISIS beheadings on Main Street? No, keep showing TAR.
Meteor heading this way? No, keep showing TAR.

A Jennifer Lawrence sex tape? Well...maybe a split screen?

04-11-15, 00:20 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Germany"
Clap - Munich. I've been to Munich (didn't go to anything I did thou) but the scenery was awesome.

04-12-15, 09:34 AM (EST)
46. "Monaco"
Holidays interfered last week - hope everyone is back watching.

CLAP - Monaco is a beautiful place. i'm not much of a gambler but I want to visit that casino.

CLAP - first leg in a while where the last place team wasn't obvious.

No Hand Movement - Roulette Detour. On the fence here - it added an element of chance but didn't seem fair that teams couldn't switch if they wanted to.

SLAP - Were TAR tasks always this easy? Get some flowers and candy?

PUNCH - I need more than a slap for this. I hate the dating crap. I hate the production attempting to tailor the tasks to be romantic. Singing to your partner, getting flowers and candy. Enough. I don't watch dating reality shows and I'm really annoyed at the stupid idea to bring this to TAR.

SLAP - Maybe it's just me but the teams seem very generic. Need more personality.

Tribe!

04-12-15, 11:26 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Monaco"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-15 AT 11:27 AM (EST)

CLAP - Phil in a tux and a James Bond reference. Merveilleux!

SLAP - Visiting the Casino in Monte Carlo and reference to Lucy? Quelle honte !

SLAP - There should have been a twist in the chocolate Road Block (like a time penalty/bonus for picking the wrong/right flavor).

Seana did another one.

04-14-15, 00:37 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Monaco"
I disagree about the Roulette Detour. I've always considered the point of the detour to let teams pick what they're good at (or at least, what they think they'll be good at). Taking away their choice seems to defeat the purpose, especially if they aren't allowed to switch once they get there.

This leg was especially heavy on the "romantic" tasks. Other than the slight puzzle at the perfume, we haven't seen that many mental tasks this season. (As an aside, who finds bottles #1-#3 and #5-#12 and doesn't look for #4?)

04-14-15, 11:12 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Monaco"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-15 AT 11:14 AM (EST)

I watched last week. You're better off missing it. I would have SLAPPED the entire leg on the account of Bergen/Kurt. Those two made that leg almost unwatchable for me. Sad thing was it was a well constructed leg.

Clap - I liked the forced bunching that got the teams tailored outfits. That was new and pretty neat. Seeing them race around it it was great too.

Clap - Just to say it again, Monaco was beautiful.

Clap - I actually liked the roadblock. They had to travel a good distance on foot to accomplish the task, thus making it decently physical with some searching involved. Good roadblock to me. It clearly left Mike exhausted.

Slap - I'm fine that their first detour choice was chosen for them, but they should have had the option to switch. What if one of the teams had no sense of smell and no chance to complete it? Thankfully, it didn't matter at all as far as team placement.
BUT, if they were going to do the 'force a detour option' route, I would have preferred it if the teams could have made a roulette bet on the task they wanted and be forced to do the other one if they lost their bet.

04-18-15, 12:09 PM (EST)
50. "Africa"
What can I say, aside from the U-Turn I loved this 2 hour show.

Great scenery, great animal shots and Phil did not waste a lot of time pushing the romance parts.

SLAP - To the member for using the wrong key, I spent time ranting to myself about racers who could drive stick-shift only to find out he was using the wrong key - dummy.

SLAP - CLAP for the team member who spent her time looking at the wild-life instead of getting her bearings on the animal she was to help track. But I am not sure I would not act the same with all these animals almost close enough to touch.

MAJOR SLAP - to the team member who did not keep an eye on the box as it was dropped. Then went in the wrong direction to find it. It was such a simple task (hard to do but simple) and he still messed it up.

But all in all I enjoyed this two hour show, I wished they all were so long.

05-13-15, 10:23 AM (EST)
51. "Legs 9, 10, 11"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-15 AT 10:24 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-13-15 AT 10:24 AM (EST)

Looks like a few weeks were missed. I just caught up on the race so most of this is fresh in my mind.

CLAP - SUPERLEG for the finale! Wish that instead of the 2 hour ep we got in Africa, that they go back to 2 hour eps for the finale.

Clap - I don't care what the circumstances are. Anytime a race clue has you drinking a glass of moonshine, that's a win in my book!

Clap - Leg 10 in Peru was a pretty good one. Cutting down sugarcane, gathering and sorting potatoes, a focused search task with the ingredients, drinking sugarcane juice, and using an old typewriter. I liked that leg.

Clap - Dumping the potatoes when they got the Papas' sorting wrong was awesome. Seeing the crestfallen look on their faces were priceless, and it didn't set teams back too far.

Clap - That mosaic is pretty. I'm surprised it doesn't get vandalized more tho.

Clap - Leg 12's detour was a hell detour on both ends with the dancing and the bricks in the desert. And I loved it! This season needed more hell detours.

No Hand Movement - That was probably a hell roadblock in Leg 12, but due to the spacing of the teams, we had no way to know since it didn't get much airtime.

No Hand Movement - A llama loan application? Ooookay. Made for a decent speedbump.

Slap - Watching these Date Night awards go to Jenny/Jelani is just painful now, just like it was with Kurt/Bergen. Jenny/Jelani didn't even feign happiness getting them. Nice try with the dating theme, but it's because of stuff like this that it fell flat on its face.

Slap - I don't care how may "I"s you use, that does not make the word Ice. Eyes maybe, but not Ice. ::grumble, grumble::
I actually wanted to clap the use of a rebus, but that part of it just annoyed me.

SLAP - We get it. Fitbit's a sponsor. Now SHADDUP about it.

Slap - They should have had to drive themselves between Trujillo and Otuzco. Just looked it up on the map and the distance between them is 46 miles on mountain roads with small towns in between. So depending on luck of the taxi to get them between places was bound to be a bad idea and gave Mike/Rochelle extra unfair bad luck, given how long a replacement taxi probably took and that the race probably assigned them that taxi.
I can't see there being a lot of taxis conveniently around where the Leg 10 pit stop ended in Otuzco; that town is tiny!

Slap - Another season without a Fast Forward, or at least another season without a Fast Forward taken by any of the teams. Bleh. I would at least like to have known what it was, even if no one took it.

Slap - Matt/Ashley were eliminated. I really liked this team and for them to basically have been eliminated because of a search task for the klompen just sucks. Didn't help that they had problems finding their next clue in key places (their speedbump, the detour with the potatoes vs the shopping list).

05-13-15, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Legs 9, 10, 11"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-15 AT 02:21 PM (EST)

Well done, glad you picked this up.

It's not clear to me from your write up that you really got this, but the multiple 'I' clue was meant to be the plural of I. Or phonetically, 'I's'='Ice'.

So I would give that a clap for originality, and for just being a cute clue.

It made sense after whoever it was that figured it out said it aloud, but till then I was stumped on that one. I kept looking at it as if they were roman numerals and thinking 23? What the heck does 23 mean?

Nicely done.

05-13-15, 04:25 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Legs 9, 10, 11"
Thanks KidFlash

When I say 'I's as in the plural, I come up with saying Eyes and not Ice. Perhaps I'm being too literal here, but that would have thrown me for as much of a loop as it threw Jenny/Jelani.

05-14-15, 08:41 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Legs 9, 10, 11"
Well, Kid Flash is my buddy, as is another KF, KeithFan, but no, it is I, Kingfish. It is commonly acknowledged that I am first among the KFers, but we all get along.

And the "I"s to "Ice" as a puzzle clue is pretty close, and pretty clever once you figure it out, IMO. It's not a decent puzzle clue if it's too obvious. Puzzle clues are meant to throw one for a loop until they are figured out.

As I admitted, it threw me for a loop too, until it was spoken aloud by one of the racers. Had I been one of them, I'd probably still be paddling in circles.

05-14-15, 01:06 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Legs 9, 10, 11"
Oops. Sorry KingFish.

05-15-15, 00:19 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Legs 9, 10, 11"
Ian, you never have to say you're sorry to Kingfish.

05-16-15, 08:32 PM (EST)
57. "Final Leg"
Clap - to doing something at each leg. Even with all of the pageantry at the stadium, they still had tasks to perform, unlike Vegas, where they just participated.

Clap - to having both members of the team participate in the final task. It always seemed unfair to have the whole thing come down to one person's memory.

Slap - having to then travel by taxi after the final challenge, potentially leaving the whole thing up to a bad taxi. If the thing isn't right there, they should have to find their way on foot or maybe drive themselves.

Overall, I enjoyed the season. Hopefully I'll be around more to post a little more next season.

05-17-15, 07:27 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Final Leg"

Clap - Now that was a final leg! Nothing too hard unfortunately, but several tasks allowing for place changes during the leg depending on the team's personal abilities. Good job.

Clap - That memory task was excellent! So that's why they took all those selfies. Sucks that the wind was blowing them off the wall a bit, but still I liked it.

Slap - What, were all of the Dallas Cowboys too busy to be at the stadium? Couldn't they at least had Dan Bailey there to show them how to properly kick a field goal?

As for the taxi thing. Yeah, a bad taxi sucks in a final leg and is totally unfair in the race. But in a lot of cases, I rather have that instead of insanely emotional, hyped up people diving themselves around a crowded city on their way to a million dollars. Maybe drive themselves in the beginning, but near the end, have them ferried by someone who KNOWS the way. Having all said that, taxi drivers are a part of the race, good ones and bad ones, so it shouldn't matter where they are (even sucky ones who unfairly got Mike/Rochelle pliliminated)

05-19-15, 00:38 AM (EST)
59. "RE: Final Leg"
SLAP - Sorry, but this was without a doubt the most boringest finale in the history of TAR. Not that I'm anti-football or anti-Texas, but sheeesh, what a snorefest.

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.
siggie stolen from AyaK 1/26/11

05-19-15, 09:25 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Final Leg"
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-15 AT 10:11 AM (EST)

Come on Moley, LA has had it's share of final legs, not to mention first legs. This was the first final leg in Texas, and they've never started their journey there. And Jerry Jones' stadium is really awesome.

So I disagree. I rarely disagree with you, but it happens. Respectfully, because I know what California time does to ones thinking. And because you are a peach of a guy. Not in the banana/peach sense, but in the complimentary sense. Not that either the peach or the banana sense would be uncomplimentary, but, but, well,

Moving on.

I thought this was one of the top three most satisfying finals they've ever had. Any of the teams would have been worthy and satisfying winners, even Hayley and Saint Blair. But what really made put it over the top for me was when Hayley screwed up and managed to waste a huge lead and lose the million bucks. It really put the poetic cap on her edit.

She was undeniably wrong wrong, wrong, and it felt so good good good. And inspite of her incessant carping, she was still hot hot hot. And a pretty smile.

05-20-15, 00:20 AM (EST)
61. "RE: Final Leg"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-15 AT 00:21 AM (EST)

Peach - Banana

Not that it means anything here, but I've just started teaching the "Human Growth and Development" unit in Teen Health 7. Yep, all the naughty bits (but we'll use appropriate Academic Language). Tomorrow -- those bananas, and why they do those strange things that they do so well...

05-21-15, 02:36 AM (EST)
62. "RE: Final Leg"
This is slightly beside the point, but wasn't there another season that ended in Texas? I'm pretty sure I remember a stop at the stockyards in Fort Worth.

05-22-15, 04:53 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Final Leg"
I'm not sure if another season ended in Texas, but I do know that all my ex's live in Texas!

PepeLePew13 25875 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-15, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Final Leg"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-15 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

You are correct. Chip and Kim won in Season 5 with the final leg being in Dallas - they did indeed go to the Fort Worth Stockyards before heading to the final mat at a park in Dallas.

I remember that season in particular as they went through my old hometown of Banff, Alberta, and to Canada Olympic Park in Calgary in that same final leg. I used to be a member of the Sunshine Village Resort where they had to hike up to get a clue.

07-10-16, 04:40 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Final Leg"
good memory

PsychoKitty 725 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-16, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Final Leg"
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-16 AT 02:16 AM (EST)

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •