The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Notes on the new Race...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 4508 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-17-15, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Notes on the new Race...."
Sad that no one seems to stop by anymore to discuss TAR. I'll just throw out some observations I've had on the new season:

• Most of the air time seems devoted to two teams - Team Texas Studs and the obnoxious green team. I guess viewers are supposed to root for one and against the other. I don't like either team.

• A U-turn only a few feet from the Pit Stop? Oddest placement ever. And on a Superleg.

• I'm going to try spitting in people's face as a welcome and see how it goes at work.

• The Detours on this last leg seemed very unequal.

• Using the Express Pass on a easy Roadblock? Guess when brains were being given out, they were getting second helpings of looks.

• Just shut up Justin. You're not the mastermind you think you are.

Tribe!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Notes on the new Race.... personofinterest 10-27-15 1
   RE: Notes on the new Race.... kingfish 10-28-15 2
       RE: Notes on the new Race.... personofinterest 11-02-15 3
   RE: Notes on the new Race.... Earl Colby Pottinger 12-17-15 6
 RE: Notes on the new Race.... Agman2 12-09-15 4
 RE: Notes on the new Race.... featherfish81 12-16-15 5
   RE: Notes on the new Race.... Agman2 01-13-16 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

personofinterest 247 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-27-15, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Notes on the new Race...."
I have been watching. I watched the last two episodes on fast forward several times. I forwarded through the teams and kept rewinding the great scenery. I was in Tanzania a couple years ago and I lived in Ghana for two years in the late 80s. I now have to go to Zambia and Zimbabwe!

As for the teams getting most of the attention, blah! Although I think I hate the paparazzi team even more!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 18702 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-15, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Notes on the new Race...."
If it's African wildlife you crave, Botswana is probably the better choice. Better than Zambia or Zimbabwe, except for the Victoria Falls area. And, Botswana doesn't have corrupt dictator. No more than average corrupt, anyway. Also, there isn't a war or rebellion going on there. Gentle people.

Zimbabwe is horribly corrupt, and Zambia isn't far behind.

The Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania is pretty awesome. Also I hear that Western Africa has some pretty interesting areas.

But the Okavango delta in Botswana is mind-blowing, especially in the wet season. I think that is the premier place to tour for wild life.

personofinterest 247 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-02-15, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Notes on the new Race...."
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that Zambia had some of those same issues that Zimbabwe does.

Since I have been in several West African countries and one East African country, I would love to travel south. If Botswana has the wild life and some truly natural beauty, I will look into it.

I did a mini safari in Tanzania, but what we could see was really limited - probably in part to the time of year. It was so fun to see giraffe crossing signs and then have a giraffe actually cross the road in front of us!

Doesn't take much to make me happy. When I saw an elephant out in the wild in Togo, it brought tears to my eyes!

Earl Colby Pottinger 2002 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-17-15, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Notes on the new Race...."
It is not the team I dislike, it is the guy!

He keeps changing his mind and delaying their moves.

Agman2 1500 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-09-15, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Notes on the new Race...."
Sad that no one seems to stop by anymore to discuss TAR.

Since you've posted this, I'll be happy to discuss it. Tar is that black sticky stuff the gets stuck all over your flip flops and shorts when you go to the beach. It can also present itself on your skin. Baby oil takes it off really well. Tar comes from petroleum drilling and in some cases, natural seeps in the ocean floor.

There, I've discussed Tar.

featherfish81 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-16-15, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Notes on the new Race...."
I know, I keep meaning to come on here, but then get distracted. It's a little chicken and egg, though - if no one else has started a thread, I'm less likely to start one. I'll try to do better next season, if there's anyone left to talk to

Thoughts on this season - out of the three left, I was happy that the anchors won. I was disappointed in them U-turning the Texans, because I liked them, but other than that they were an enjoyable team.

I'm a little surprised the paparazzi made it as far as they did. They couldn't stop bickering and harping on every mistake, and it got old fast. And they seemed to make a lot of mistakes.

I was okay with Justin and Diana coming in second. They were good racers, but he did have a tendency to blame her when things went wrong, and whenever she questioned him he got really defensive.

Agman2 1500 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-13-16, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Notes on the new Race...."
agreed. I thought Justin was kind of a weenie.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •