URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 4313
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Notes on the new Race...."

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-17-15 at 01:21 PM
Sad that no one seems to stop by anymore to discuss TAR. I'll just throw out some observations I've had on the new season:

Tribe!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Notes on the new Race...."
Posted by personofinterest on 10-27-15 at 01:52 PM
I have been watching. I watched the last two episodes on fast forward several times. I forwarded through the teams and kept rewinding the great scenery. I was in Tanzania a couple years ago and I lived in Ghana for two years in the late 80s. I now have to go to Zambia and Zimbabwe!

As for the teams getting most of the attention, blah! Although I think I hate the paparazzi team even more!

Posted by kingfish on 10-28-15 at 02:21 PM
If it's African wildlife you crave, Botswana is probably the better choice. Better than Zambia or Zimbabwe, except for the Victoria Falls area. And, Botswana doesn't have corrupt dictator. No more than average corrupt, anyway. Also, there isn't a war or rebellion going on there. Gentle people.

Zimbabwe is horribly corrupt, and Zambia isn't far behind.

The Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania is pretty awesome. Also I hear that Western Africa has some pretty interesting areas.

But the Okavango delta in Botswana is mind-blowing, especially in the wet season. I think that is the premier place to tour for wild life.

Posted by personofinterest on 11-02-15 at 10:13 AM
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that Zambia had some of those same issues that Zimbabwe does.

Since I have been in several West African countries and one East African country, I would love to travel south. If Botswana has the wild life and some truly natural beauty, I will look into it.

I did a mini safari in Tanzania, but what we could see was really limited - probably in part to the time of year. It was so fun to see giraffe crossing signs and then have a giraffe actually cross the road in front of us!

Doesn't take much to make me happy. When I saw an elephant out in the wild in Togo, it brought tears to my eyes!

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 12-17-15 at 11:53 AM
It is not the team I dislike, it is the guy!

He keeps changing his mind and delaying their moves.

Posted by Agman2 on 12-09-15 at 06:44 PM
Sad that no one seems to stop by anymore to discuss TAR.

Since you've posted this, I'll be happy to discuss it. Tar is that black sticky stuff the gets stuck all over your flip flops and shorts when you go to the beach. It can also present itself on your skin. Baby oil takes it off really well. Tar comes from petroleum drilling and in some cases, natural seeps in the ocean floor.

There, I've discussed Tar.

Posted by featherfish81 on 12-16-15 at 05:56 PM
I know, I keep meaning to come on here, but then get distracted. It's a little chicken and egg, though - if no one else has started a thread, I'm less likely to start one. I'll try to do better next season, if there's anyone left to talk to

Thoughts on this season - out of the three left, I was happy that the anchors won. I was disappointed in them U-turning the Texans, because I liked them, but other than that they were an enjoyable team.

I'm a little surprised the paparazzi made it as far as they did. They couldn't stop bickering and harping on every mistake, and it got old fast. And they seemed to make a lot of mistakes.

I was okay with Justin and Diana coming in second. They were good racers, but he did have a tendency to blame her when things went wrong, and whenever she questioned him he got really defensive.

Posted by Agman2 on 01-13-16 at 04:27 PM
agreed. I thought Justin was kind of a weenie.