The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOTS - Episode 12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-11-07, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOTS - Episode 12"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-07 AT 09:36 PM (EST)

Episode 12
“Hello, I’m still a Person”

Welcome to the SOTS, State of the Spoiling thread where we try our hand at summarizing the week’s events to accurately predict or “spoil” the results of the next episode of Survivor prior to its airtime. Jump on in! It’s fun!

If you’re new to these parts, please don’t forget to check out our Community Guidelines that are located Here. They keep Blows running smoothly and remind us that it's nice to be here!

Now, on with the show! Last week's running commentary of Episode 11 can be found in Estee's East Coast Update Thread. Estee's most astute observations are always a must read!

Last week, we saw the demise of another original Zhan Hu tribe member, Eric. Of course we all knew he would join the ranks of the jurors as soon as he did not win immunity and since EPMB threw out another “What do you know about China”-type Challenge out there, it was Peih Gee’s to lose, and she didn’t! So, it is farewell to Eric! Now he is free to get to know his fellow Juror Jaime a whole lot better and maybe, just maybe IF he is lucky, he will lose his VIRGINITY! Eric and Jaime have indeed gotten to know each other a whole lot better since having been voted out of their tribes! Here are pics brought to us by Flowerpower:

Now, what’s happening this week you ask? I’ll tell you. This week, michel brings us the title thread, ”Hello, I’m still a Person where there is debate about whether or not it is Courtney or Peih Gee who says the title phrase. I'm putting my money on the latter and if you want to know why, keep reading ...

We also have our CBS Clues Thread brought to us this week by smokedog. Of course by now we have all learned that what SeeBS gives us is most likely misdirection! And it’s no different this week:

Clue #1:

One castaway feels hurt by what she considers to be a personal rejection by someone she had liked.

This is clearly the one who is left behind and wasn’t picked to go on the Reward Challenge. Most likely, it is Amanda as we are speculating that it is either Todd or Courtney who will win the Reward trip to the Great Wall of China and whichever one wins will take the other one to go on the trip with them. Amanda is left behind to bond with Peih Gee and cause trouble! You know what they say … “Hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned!”

Clue #2:

A feast on the Great Wall of China has its diners excited…until they realize they have no idea what to do with it!

More Chinese gross food for Todd and Courtney? Time will tell.

Clue #3:

One overly confident castaway is oblivious to what a close ally is considering.

This is most certainly Todd! Amanda is so hurt by having not been picked to go on the Reward Challenge with him, that she contemplates whether or not to take Todd out of the game. Could another blindsiding plot be underway? Hmmmm. I smell misdirection!

Clue #4:

An unexpected bond emerges that threatens to shake up the game as it heads into the Final Four.

This is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Amanda + Peih Gee = bffs OR Unexpected Allies. Left behind from the reward challenge, the two become like sisters, but are they really fast friends or is this Amanda’s method of seeking jury votes? Time will tell!

The Challenges

Reward Challenge: “Zen Archery”

We know from the Challenge Board from the early Preseason Jeff Probst video that the name of this week’s Reward Challenge is Zen Archery. Flowerpower brings us the week’s Vidcaps and we see clips of the Reward Challenge:

It appears that each Survivor is assigned or “draws” a certain color and their names are then laid out across the board diagonally. Perhaps they draw straws or randomly select whose names will go where. Todd is orange, Amanda is blue, Peih Gee is yellow, Denise is green and Courtney is purple. The DAWs are given so many arrows to fire out of this Chinese contraption at their opponents’ names. Three broken tiles and your outta there! Last man standing wins reward!

The target board appears to be so far away that it is most likely won by luck and not skill and as mentioned earlier, it is speculated that either Courtney or Todd will win this. I’m going for a Todd win and he will take Courtney on the Reward trip to the Great Wall of China, leaving behind a “hurt” Amanda to scheme against him!

The Immunity Challenge: Chinese Leftovers

This week’s Immunity Challenge is called Chinese Leftovers and it appears to be a “super challenge” that combines some of the earlier challenges from this season. Again, the survivors are assigned or draw colors. Amanda is black, Courtney is red, Peih Gee is yellow, and I don’t know what colors Todd and Denise are. Some are speculating that the loser of each round is eliminated from the contest.

This challenge involves:

1. The Throwing Star challenge is the first leg. Here we see Todd taking aim …

Todd is the loser here and does not get to move past “go” to the next round …

2. The Gross Food Challenge is next. Here are Courtney, Denise, Amanda and Peih Gee all eating gross food. 100-year-old eggs or dead baby turtles perhaps? Is Denise eating or heaving over there? Doesn't matter as she is predicted to lose this round.

3. Round 3 is the Bouncing ball-on-the-drum challenge. Here are Courtney, Amanda and Peih Gee bouncing their balls on their drums.

The winner will be either Amanda or Courtney. But it doesn’t matter because ...

Peih Gee is Toast!

… and the original Fei Long 4 make it to F-4! Congratulations Todd, Amanda, Courtney and Denise!!

Oh, before signing off, don’t forget to check out Veruca Salt’s thread entitled ”The Players, the Game, the Editing: Survivor China to find out the ins and outs of the editing!

Also, stay tuned to our next installment of Survivor China: The Finale SOTS coming soon from Flowerpower!

Until we meet again, best wishes for a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Blessed New Year to all!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SOTS - Episode 12 MJewel 12-11-07 1
 RE: SOTS - Episode 12 whoami 12-11-07 2
 RE: SOTS - Episode 12 dabo 12-12-07 3
   RE: SOTS - Episode 12 samboohoo 12-12-07 5
 RE: SOTS - Episode 12 Flowerpower 12-12-07 4
 RE: SOTS - Episode 12 redbeard103152 12-12-07 6
 RE: SOTS - Episode 12 byoffer 12-12-07 7
 RE: SOTS - Episode 12 Outfrontgirl 12-12-07 8
 Nooooooooooooooooo Breezy 12-12-07 9
   RE: Nooooooooooooooooo byoffer 12-12-07 10
 RE: SOTS - Episode 12 CTgirl 12-12-07 11
 RC Update Scarlett O Hara 12-13-07 12
 RE: SOTS - Episode 12 CattyChat 12-13-07 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MJewel 1951 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-11-07, 10:54 PM (EST)
1. "RE: SOTS - Episode 12"
Great SOTS! Well done Scar!

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-11-07, 11:38 PM (EST)
2. "RE: SOTS - Episode 12"
Thanks scarlett, great job.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-07, 01:42 AM (EST)
3. "RE: SOTS - Episode 12"
Excellent SOTS! Thank you. And thank yous to everyone who contributed this season, you all did marvelous work.

Okay, I can see somewhat why they continue with the color scheme for bouncing balls, I get it doesn't matter if tehy switch colors from one stage to another, but can anyone explain ...

... what is possibly the point of the color scheme in gross numnums?

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-07, 09:24 AM (EST)
5. "RE: SOTS - Episode 12"
Not sure. But Courtney has a white eating table, and a red drum. Amanda has a red eating table.

Handcrafted by Rolly

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-07, 07:04 AM (EST)
4. "RE: SOTS - Episode 12"

Way to go on an SOTS well done, Scarlett! You covered all of the bases. All I can say is Denise called it when she didn't vote out Todd instead of Erik, She could have really thrown a curve ball that would have been fun to watch! Thanks for doing this!

Fp

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-12-07, 01:49 PM (EST)
6. "RE: SOTS - Episode 12"
Great job Scarlett. Thanks for clearing up the questions I had about this episode. When in doubt read the SOTS.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-07, 03:03 PM (EST)
7. "RE: SOTS - Episode 12"
Great job Scar. I guess we know what you have been doing instead of OP.

IMO, the drum colours are just what they had. Since the challenge involves a reducing number of players at each step, they didn't need to have the survivors keep the same colour from step to step. I agree that Amanda wins IC. Not sure about RC through. They are showing Todd a lot in those challenge pictures.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-07, 03:59 PM (EST)
8. "RE: SOTS - Episode 12"
beautifully laid out SOTS, Scarlett! Flows so smoothly it is effortless to follow, but I'm sure not effortless to create! And so entertaining to read ... very satisfying.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-07, 04:56 PM (EST)
9. "Nooooooooooooooooo"
*pout* I have PG in a pool, and it starts paying out for 4th place.

Breezy and Brett sitting in a tree...

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-07, 05:06 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Nooooooooooooooooo"
Good luck Breezy. The spoilers have been wrong before. But I think they have already used the mistake earlier this year.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-07, 05:13 PM (EST)
11. "RE: SOTS - Episode 12"
Great job Scar - always a fun read from you!

And thanks for doing this again especially during this busy time of year.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-07, 04:06 PM (EST)
12. "RC Update"
Well, I've seen a clip of the reward challenge for this ep, and as it turns out, it is a sort of "popularity contest" among the Daws. Each is given 5 arrows that they must give to any other survivor but themselves. The object of the challenge is to hit your own name with the arrows. Whoever has the most arrows on their name wins the trip to the Great Wall of China. The reasoning behind giving the arrows away is that whoever has the most arrows has the greatest chance of repeatedly hitting their own name and winning.

Arrow distribution: Peih Gee gets one (from Courtney); Denise gets two; Amanda gets four; Todd-six; and Courtney gets 12!

Hmmmm, I wonder whose going to win!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-07, 05:21 PM (EST)
13. "RE: SOTS - Episode 12"
Terrific job, Scar. I'm so glad I read your SOTS, because I have not been keeping up with my week-to-week spoilers and until seeing what you have put together, I was assuming Todd was going to win immunity to save himself from Amanda's betrayal. Now I am just thinking Amanda sucks at trying to convince people of her strategies and can't convince Denise and Courtney to flip.

Thanks for all your hard work this season managing the SOTS, writing SOTS and, of course, hosting that wonderful and frustrating Office Pool.

Christmas is not a time or a season but a state of mind.
To cherish peace & good will, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.
If we think on these things, there will be born in us a Savior & over us will shine a star sending its gleam of hope to the world. ~ Calvin Coolidge

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •