The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 15"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fett DNA 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-24-07, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 15"
My sources tell me that S15 is currently being filmed on the island of Dominica. We'll have to wait a little bit and see if it's true. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 15 PepeLePew13 02-24-07 1
   RE: Survivor 15 sol 02-24-07 2
       RE: Survivor 15 Fett DNA 02-25-07 3
           RE: Survivor 15 michel 02-25-07 4
 RE: Survivor 15 sol 03-08-07 5
 RE: Survivor 15 Outfrontgirl 03-08-07 6
   RE: Survivor 15 forehead 03-08-07 7
       RE: Survivor 15 Outfrontgirl 03-09-07 8
           RE: Survivor 15 Brownroach 03-09-07 9
           RE: Survivor 15 forehead 03-10-07 10
               RE: Survivor 15 Wezzie 03-10-07 11
                   RE: Survivor 15 Outfrontgirl 03-11-07 12
                       RE: Survivor 15 Wezzie 03-11-07 13
 RE: Survivor 15 qshari 04-01-07 14
   RE: Survivor 15 Wezzie 04-08-07 15
       RE: Survivor 15 PepeLePew13 04-08-07 16
       RE: Survivor 15 whoami 04-08-07 17
 Pirate Master michel 04-18-07 18
   RE: Pirate Master SurvivorBlows 04-18-07 19
 Survivor 15: China! michel 04-19-07 20
   RE: Survivor 15: China! SurvivorBlows 04-19-07 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-07, 12:35 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Survivor 15"
Sounds cool... be interesting to see how they keep it from the cruise ships that go by there quite frequently.

Can you tell us what kind of source it is? Friend? CBS staffer in the loop? Hotel worker in Dominica? ChillOne?

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-24-07, 08:51 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Survivor 15"
Considering they usually film the fall season during July and August, I question this info.

Fett DNA 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-07, 04:44 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Survivor 15"
All I'm saying is what I heard... The source is a friend(who doesn't watch the show), who was there on business. A few people came up to him and asked him if he was there for Survivor. And he was told that they're filming there.

I also find it strange that this could be the location of filming. There's about 80,000 people on that island. Doesn't make sense. I'm wondering if it's a nearby island down there...

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-07, 04:56 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Survivor 15"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-07 AT 04:57 PM (EST)

Hi FettDNA and welcome to the board!

The UK, South African and Australian TV have filmed versions of Survivor so that could be what your friend ran into. All fall seasons are filmed during the summer. Jiffy needs his vacation.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-08-07, 12:25 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor 15"
Just a thought.

MB is producing a show for this summer called "Pirate Master: The Adventure Begins", and it will; be shot in the Caribbean.

With high seas, high adventure and high stakes, our 16 pirates will decipher an old treasure map that leads them to a mysterious island," said Mark Burnett. "To recover the booty, they will have to work together - but are always aware that in the cutthroat world of pirates, nobody is ever safe. Pirate Master is the type of adventure reality competition that our company was built upon."

In Pirate Master: The Adventure Begins, 16 ordinary people living aboard a real pirate ship compete in an extraordinary Caribbean adventure in pursuit of hidden treasure - a bounty with a total value of one million dollars. Each week, one competitor is "set adrift" from the pirate ship that they have called home until only three remain in the hunt for the ultimate treasure of all.

Before that, the 16 contestants will compete to find hidden treasure while uncovering the secrets of a mysterious Caribbean island. Equipped with just a map and compass as their guide, the 16 pirates will embark on intense, physical expeditions as they use their wits to solve clues and riddles to find the treasure.

Casting for the series is currently underway and production will begin soon in the Caribbean. A host for the series will be announced at a later date.

From http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/show/CTVShows/20070207/ctv_release_20070207/20070208

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 08:12 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor 15"
well, the buzz from the best Survivor location sleuths --
Dan Bollinger of SurvivorMaps, Wezzie, and Quartzeye
is Survivor China may be on its way.

Apparently Quartzeye got the first scoop, but I can't find the link. Wezzie says so, though, so GO QUARTZEYE!

TV Guide rumor:
http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800009545&rssDate=12345678

They always film Fall in the summer, starting end of June. Last year, the Cooks location was only being scouted in March, the first containers arrived in April. Then they did almost 3 months of set-up work. Until the containers arrive it's not for sure.

The gap between Fall and Spring season filming is only 3 months. The gap between Spring and Fall is 6 months. This allows a lot more time for their stuff to get shipped if it has to, say, go through the Panama Canal. The longer the franchise goes on, the bigger their production and the more stuff, like challenge set materials, that has to be shipped.

If you notice, the short intervals breaks usually don't go far.
Borneo and Australia were close to each other.

Africa was scheduled to be followed by Jordan, and they had to seriously scramble after 9/11 to make it to the Marquesas.

Thailand and the Amazon were not too close, but after S7 they just stayed in Panama for S8.

Then they moved to the South Pacific for S9 Vanuatu and S10 Palau.

S11 and S12, another trans-ocean move, Guatemala and then a relatively short hop back to Panama.

Back to the South Pacific for S13 Cooks and it was very convenient to send the containers to S14 Fiji.

So for S15 they once again have a chance to cover some distance, like to China.

Has anyone got a link to SurvivorMaps spec for S15? I'm so disorganized this season, I can't find anything!

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-08-07, 10:28 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor 15"
Here you go:
http://www.claycritters.com/map/s15/survivor_15_map.htm

Overview:
http://www.claycritters.com/map/survivormaps.htm

03-09-07, 04:44 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivor 15"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-07 AT 04:51 PM (EST)

Thanks forehead!
Dan does such a great job with his maps.
The overview link you posted shows very well what I tried to describe, how almost every Summer/Fall shoot pairing is pretty close together geographically.

Wonder where they'd go after China. Back to Pulau Tiga to do a full circle wrap? Mozambique? Sri Lanka? Vietnam?

ETA I just realized that the only Spoilers post I've made this season is for S15. Wow, I guess I'm that bored with the stupid Have & Have-Nots twist that I'm ready for S14 to be over. Actually I'm following VG's spoilers and am intrigues that things may get more interesting with the idols post-merge.

They still have WAY too much luxury for Survivor. Next they'll get flatscreen TV with a spycam of the Have-nots camp.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-07, 05:15 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Survivor 15"
Next they'll get flatscreen TV with a spycam of the Have-nots camp

OFG, you need to post that in Estee's Things Moto could still win for reward thread.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-10-07, 00:24 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Survivor 15"
"Wow, I guess I'm that bored with the stupid Have & Have-Nots twist that I'm ready for S14 to be over."

I actually missed this week's ep. I didn't watch it; I didn't bother to tape it... I can't remember the last time that happened...

This season, the fun is in keeping up with VG's spoilers, not the actual show.

I like your idea of going back to Pulau Tiga - they should make that the final season...

Wezzie 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-10-07, 10:10 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor 15"
Everyone on Aitutaki thinks that they're returning there for S16.

03-11-07, 00:37 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor 15"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-07 AT 00:40 AM (EST)

Hi Wezzie! *waves*

Yep, totally! SEG said they definitely wanted to come back and the Cooks were all for it. But clearly SEG said that in part to get approval and support during filming -- as it seemed less of a one time bonanza, and 2) they laid the threats thick that Survivor wouldn't come back if the Aitutakians didn't honor the confidentiality contracts. Good job of getting the islanders to zip it instead of gossiping about the game details.

Question is, has anyone said that to the Cookislanders since the S13 Finale aired? We know how comfy it was for the crew staying at Pacific Resort and Are Tamanu! But will they be afraid to get a "Panama" type backlash on a repeat location?

ETA for those who haven't studied the Cooks as Wezzie has --that an S16 shoot in the Cooks would fall in their late spring/summer and conclude in the beginning of the cyclone season. Although recent cyclones came in Feb/March, not mid-December. S13 was shot in midwinter.

03-11-07, 02:07 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor 15"
Hey OFG!! <waves back>

qshari 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-07, 09:10 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Survivor 15"
I just got off of the Carnival Destiny and on our tour of the island of Dominica our tour guide brought up the fact that Survivor was currently being filmed there. I don't know anything else for sure but she claimed they are currently filming the next season. Time will tell.........

04-08-07, 09:10 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Survivor 15"
The Dominica Weekly had an article about "Survivor" filming there.
http://www.dominica-weekly.com/reviews/drinks-at-anchorage-hotel/

Here's a blog saying that crew has been wearing "Survivor Dominica" t-shirts. http://www.islandmedstudent.com/home/2007/03/17/survivor-dominica/

One comment on the blog says, "I was in Dominica last week on vacation and saw a scene being filmed on the Indian River as well. We were not allowed to drive through. I did hear from a lady at the airport who was somehow involved with the production that it is actually a new twist, and not the same as survivor, but by the same production company. It is going to be something called “pirate masters” or something. I will also be watching out for the show!"

There's evidence that Survivor might be filming near Hang Zhou, China this summer. Hang Zhou is a large city. There are a lot of islands nearby, many of them were just put up for lease by the local government. Not confirmed.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-07, 11:27 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Survivor 15"
For all we know, this could be some stock photo from a previous season or the logo's something else... but from the first blog in your link, there's a pic of a guy with a shirt that has a logo that looks a lot like the Survivor logo. The picture-taker claims this was at his hotel in Dominica.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-08-07, 07:22 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor 15"
Looks like it is the logo for Pearl Island

04-18-07, 02:55 PM (EST)
18. "Pirate Master"
What Fett DNA saw in Domenica was the filming of the new series "Pirate master" which starts on May 28th. From CBS.com:

"Join 16 modern-day pirates as they embark on a high seas adventure around the Caribbean island of Dominica in search of hidden treasure that will total $1 million. Over the course of 33 days, the pirates will live aboard a massive 179-foot pirate ship."

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 04:28 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Pirate Master"
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-07 AT 04:41 PM (EST)

>What Fett DNA saw in Domenica was the filming
>of the new series "Pirate master" which starts on May 28th.

It premieres the 31st -- seven years to the day after Survivor's premiere -- not 28th. All the networks seem to be trying to get an early jump on the summer this year:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs-debut-mark-burnett-new-pirate-master-reality-series-may-31-5032.php

04-19-07, 10:07 AM (EST)
20. "Survivor 15: China!"
Survivor 15 will be on islands in China:

http://www.throng.co.nz/survivor/survivor-15-china

Replacing Regis on Live with Regis and Kelly, Jeff confirmed that they are going to do Survivor 15 on Islands in China.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-07, 08:25 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Survivor 15: China!"
>Survivor 15 will be on islands
>in China:

Ya, Reality TV World already had a story about that yesterday too:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/report-cbs-fifteenth-survivor-edition-film-in-mainland-china-5030.php

And today's update about the whole "islands" thing:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/jeff-probst-reveals-chinese-survivor-edition-will-use-an-island-setting-5038.php

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •