The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sitting out...Strategy affected by Jenna's leaving"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-13-04, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sitting out...Strategy affected by Jenna's leaving"
Since Jenna M. quit it will throw a wrench into the strategies of the tribes who need to sit someone out for challenges. The IC never happened, so those that sat out RC (Sue and Amber for Chapera, Kathy and Richard for Mogo Mogo) must participate in the next RC.

In the preview caps from next episode we see Rob C and Amber for Chapera and Shii Ann for Mogo Mogo sitting out the IC.

From this we can determine that Kathy, Richard and Shii Ann all must participate in the RC, so either Lex or Colby must sit out. Also, Sue, Amber, and Rob C all must participate, which leaves 2 of Rob M, Tom, or Alicia to sit out reward.

Depending on the type of challenge for RC, I would guess Lex, Tom, and Alicia to be the sitters. (Colby is a strong challenge competitor, Rob M is the leader, he won't sit unless absolutely necessary)

What do you think?

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected... Brownroach 02-13-04 1
   RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected... KObrien_fan 02-13-04 2
       RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected... Brownroach 02-13-04 3
       RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected... Get Bent 02-13-04 4
           RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected... wendyp 02-13-04 7
 RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected... JohnMc 02-13-04 5
   RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected... KObrien_fan 02-13-04 6
 Sit out Rule? Krautboy 02-13-04 8
   RE: Sit out Rule? KObrien_fan 02-13-04 9
   RE: Sit out Rule? GuessItRains 02-13-04 10
   RE: Sit out Rule? JohnMc 02-13-04 11
       RE: Sit out Rule? KObrien_fan 02-13-04 12
           RE: Sit out Rule? JohnMc 02-13-04 16
               RE: Sit out Rule? KObrien_fan 02-13-04 17
 What do the pictures say? udg 02-13-04 13
   RE: What do the pictures say? volsfan 02-13-04 14
   RE: What do the pictures say? KObrien_fan 02-13-04 15
       Who will carry Chapera's flag... Brownroach 02-13-04 18
           RE: Who will carry Chapera's flag..... Get Bent 02-13-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected by Jenna's leaving"
KOfan, it's also possible they just postponed the IC one day and there is no RC in EP 4.

02-13-04, 12:23 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected by Jenna's leaving"
I don't think so BR, because then Amber wouldn't be able to sit out the IC since she sat out the house building. No matter when they occur you can't sit out back to back challenges, so I think this confirms there will be an RC in E4.

02-13-04, 12:25 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected by Jenna's leaving"
Good point.

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-13-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected by Jenna's leaving"
KO Fan, I was doing this same analysis and came to the same conclusions.

I was thinking Colby might be the one to sit out. He hasn't let his tribe know, but he is still recovering from a broken colarbone and other injuries. He may suggest he sits out this time.

As for the Chapera tribe, I am starting to think Boston Rob will sit. He hasn't sat out yet (and Tom and Alicia have) and this is just a reward challenge. And maybe Tom? Tom and Boston Rob did all the hard work for the shelter building challenge. So maybe the older gentleman needs a break?

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-13-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected by Jenna's leaving"
I agree with KO's analysis.

I think Colby is going to be the one to sit out...he is trying not to be a big target this time and the challenges are where people see the strong comptetiors.

And just one question, GB yo made the comment Tom and Boston Rob did all the hard work for the shelter building challenge. So maybe the older gentleman needs a break?

How is Boston Rob an older gentleman?

man I feel old

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-13-04, 01:58 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected by Jenna's leaving"
Ok, so let's think about this a second:

The rule: You cannot sit out the same competitor in consecutive challenges.

The last RC had (as KOBrienfan pointed out) these people sitting out: Sue and Amber for Chapera, Kathy and Richard for Mogo Mogo

We have seen that the block challenge that they didn't complete because Jenna M left (I feel bad for you, Jenna, but I'm glad you made the decision you did - it was the right one!) is still going to be done. And we do see that sitting out will be Rob C and Amber for Chapera and Shii Ann for Mogo Mogo.

Now, since Amber is sitting out 2 challenges in a row, then only one of two things could have happened. A) The rule doesn't matter because there was a challenge in between (that just didn't get played), or B) The block challenge is for IC and not RC.

So if it is still an IC, then the people that have to play RC will have to be:

Chapera - Amber, Sue, RobC (leaving either RobM, BigTom, or Alicia to fill the last spot)
Mogo Mogo - Rich, Kathy, Shii Ann (leaving either Colby or Lex to fill the last spot)

02-13-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Sitting out...Strategy affected by Jenna's leaving"
Sorry John, I fail to see how this says anything different then what I had above in my original post????

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-13-04, 02:26 PM (EST)
8. "Sit out Rule?"
I've been trying to determine if the IC from EP3 is used as the RC in EP4, because it was already set up and cancelled on Day 9.

(This assumes that the "pummeling" is something other than what we see in the previews...we have had lots of challenges in past seasons that involved battling on balance beams to knock the other team "off their feet".)

As I remember the rule it only applied to each 3 day cycle of RC, IC and TC. After a boot the rule "resets".

You cannot sit out consecutive challenges (in a boot cycle).

Does anyone know for sure? I'm not that certain...

Krautboy

02-13-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Sit out Rule?"
It never says sit out consecutive challenges in a boot cycle, Jiffy always says "and remember you can not sit out the same person in consecutive challenges" Nothing that I can remember has ever deviated from this.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-13-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Sit out Rule?"
The press release Blows puts out seems to confirm that the block challenge in the previews is the IC, not the RC.

As far as the "sit out" rule goes, I would have to go back and actually review the challenges but I am fairly certain that the rule has only been applied in "3 day cycles." That was at the very least the case in S4, they may have modified it since then.

I don't know if EPMB and Jiffy will hold the castaways to the rule when Jenna's departure was unexpected. They may be permitted to start afresh. Still, at the very least, Rob6, Amber, and Shii Ann must participate in the RC as they are sitting out the IC.

02-13-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Sit out Rule?"
I think KOfan is right in saying that it doesn't matter if it's a "boot cycle". If you sit out an IC, then you can't sit out the next RC, but you can still sit out the following IC.

But I do agree that I'm not sure if the challenge is RC or IC. But because Amber sat out the Home Depot RC as well as the block challenge, then (and this comes back to KOfan's question as to why I posted my reply to her post), there has to be some challenge in between. Either the Jenna-leaving challenge counts for not sitting someone out, and everyone is eligible to participate; or the block challenge is indeed for IC, and the players that KOfan listed (and I listed in a format that made it easier for me to understand, hence another reason for posting) for both the RC and the IC.

02-13-04, 03:04 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Sit out Rule?"
I'm sorry John, I must just be dense. In my post I said:
From this we can determine that Kathy, Richard and Shii Ann all must participate in the RC, so either Lex or Colby must sit out.
and you said:
Rich, Kathy, Shii Ann (leaving either Colby or Lex to fill the last spot)

So clearly by reversing Rich and Kathy in your post it made it easier for you to understand, as did transposing Colby and Lex.

Same thing for Chapera et al. Oh well.

02-13-04, 05:22 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Sit out Rule?"
So, KOb, here is your misunderstanding:

You think that I'm just restating what you said because I am a DAW. However, if you look at how many posts I have, I don't just decide to say stuff so I can read my name. My point, that you so densely missed, was to indicate who would be participating in the challenge. Your post indicated who would be sitting out.

Your post was, IMHO, to indicate who sits out the ep4 RC; my post was to indicate who plays. 2 sides of the same coin, but nonetheless a different point of view.

I was also pointing out that the block challenge has to be the IC and not the RC because of Amber's absense in the ep3 RC and the block challenge.

Do you have any other questions that I can politely answer for you? I promise not to use too much sarcasm in my reply. ;)

02-13-04, 06:13 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Sit out Rule?"
No thats ok, you did a good job of reiterating my point. It had nothing whatsoever to do with DAW's either.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-13-04, 04:00 PM (EST)
13. "What do the pictures say?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-04 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-13-04 AT 04:03 PM (EST)

The CBS website gives us this picture of Chapera (E3):

In this thread, Bungler posted caps from Ep 3 and from the preview at the end of E3.

Tribes walking in to IC (E3):

Chapera walking in to IC (E3):

All 3 tribes shortly before JennaM left (E3):

Lex in the preview (E4):

Colby, Ethan & Tom in foreground; RobC, Amber & Shii-Ann in background (E4):

Colby clobbers Tom (E4):

Colby takes a fall (E4):

BRob in foreground; Kathy in background (E4):

BRob and Amber (E4):

And, Frisky posted the Fever vidcaps for the CBS online video preview here.

JennaL? (E4):

Lex takes a dive (E4):

Tom foreground; Ethan background; ??? far back (E4):

Tom falls foreground; Ethan background (E4):

Rich (E4):

Colby falls (E4):

RobC and Amber (E4):

Jeff (E4):

Tom on the ground and Colby? (E4):

Did everything happen on the same day? The one change I've been able to verify is that RobC is wearing a hat during the challenge. Does that mean it's a different day, or is it a hat that someone took off for the challenge? I think he's wearing the same shirt and his buff is in the same place around his forearm.

Perhaps Jeff's outfit would be the easiest to match. I can't find any pictures from E3's cancelled IC online, though, and I haven't rewatched my video yet. Edited again to add, I just watched the tape, and JP was wearing a dark (navy/black) shirt for E3 IC.

Edited to add, Amber's hair is pulled back in E3, and it's down in E4, but she also has rubberbands on her wrists in E4, so she may have just pulled it down. Her clothes appear identical as far as I can see, not that she has much to pick from.

---
UDG

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
14. "RE: What do the pictures say?"
Great job UDG!

However, the pic of Jiffy tells me it is another day. In last night's final minutes Jiffy had a black or dark blue collared shirt with khaki shorts. He was not wearing the light colored shirt in your vid cap.

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

02-13-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
15. "RE: What do the pictures say?"
I say it IS different days, they wear similar clothes, but here are biggest differences:

Hat on Big Tom's head in cap 1 is different then the hat on Rob C sit out shot, Rob C had no hat entering the E3 challenge in caps 1, 10 and 11. Not too mention Big Tom is seen wearing his hat during challange in cap 21.

Colby has light tan or khacki colored shorts in E3 cap 11, but navy blue shorts during challenge as seen in caps 21, 22, 23.

Richard has his Newport RI baseball cap on in E3 vidcap 11 and a light colored brim type hat (that nobody else on his tribe is wearing in E3 pic) in the E4 vidcap 15th down from top.

I believe that this is definately a normally timed IC and that there is an RC in it's normal sequence that preceeds this.

02-13-04, 06:55 PM (EST)
18. "Who will carry Chapera's flag..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-04 AT 06:55 PM (EST)

...if they vote out Rob C?

It's like that's the one thing they'll allow him to do. He's sort of the tribe mascot. Maybe he screws up and sets the flag on fire, so they decide he's completely worthless and has to go.

Happy Valentine's Day and happy President's Day to all!

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-13-04, 06:56 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Who will carry Chapera's flag..."
He's not completely useless. I think he got treemail once!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •