The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Captured players go to LL?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-07-03, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Captured players go to LL?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-03 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

I'm starting a new thread for this idea because Misto's thread is mostly about the lie and the regret. Bear with me here.

This cap from one of the Ep 4 promos...

...got me wondering, could this Ep 4 "kidnapping a player" be the highly touted Big Twist of S7? What about the returning player(s) spoiler?

JP said in recent interviews that people will either like or hate the twist. I've seen negative reactions to both the kidnapping idea and the returning player idea. So my theory is -- suppose we put the two things together:

If you win an IC, you capture a player from the opposing tribe -- but you cannot use that player. The player is a prisoner and is placed in a holding cell on Loser Lodge.

Now several things could happen. The player could be rescued by their tribe when they win IC again -- if the tribe chooses to rescue them. Perhaps the tribe opts to take another LL prisoner instead. (That gives MB a way to possibly mix up the tribes.)

This scenario for the twist would make sense to me as to why there are conflicting reports about how many players re-enter the game. And -- if you are captured, your torch is not snuffed out. Those voted off would not count as prisoners and would not be able to re-enter -- MB was not lying when he said a contestant doesn't return.

So, am I on drugs or does anyone else see this as possible? Flame away.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Captured players go to LL? Thaibeach 10-07-03 1
 You know what I think jkokoj 10-07-03 2
   RE: You know what I think Brownroach 10-07-03 4
       RE: You know what I think Thaibeach 10-07-03 5
           RE: You know what I think Brownroach 10-07-03 6
               RE: You know what I think Krautboy 10-07-03 19
                   RE: You know what I think Brownroach 10-07-03 27
 RE: Captured players go to LL? FarmBoy 10-07-03 3
 RE: Captured players go to LL? hrc2u 10-07-03 7
   RE: Captured players go to LL? Brownroach 10-07-03 9
       RE: Captured players go to LL? Devious Weasel 10-07-03 11
 RE: Captured players go to LL? mistofleas 10-07-03 8
   RE: Captured players go to LL? Acawap 10-07-03 10
       RE: Captured players go to LL? Kolroth 10-07-03 13
 RE: Captured players go to LL? bebekid 10-07-03 12
   RE: Captured players go to LL? Brownroach 10-07-03 14
 Very curious FesterFan1 10-07-03 15
   RE: Very curious Brownroach 10-07-03 16
       The numbers game FesterFan1 10-07-03 17
       RE: Very curious Breezy 10-07-03 18
       RE: Very curious Booted 10-07-03 20
           please clarify cqvenus 10-07-03 21
               Clarifying for cq... Brownroach 10-07-03 23
           RE: Very curious Brownroach 10-07-03 22
               RE: Very curious Breezy 10-07-03 24
                   RE: Very curious Brownroach 10-07-03 26
 RE: Captured players go to LL? Jims02 10-07-03 25
   RE: Captured players go to LL? Brownroach 10-07-03 28
       RE: Captured players go to LL? raven 10-07-03 29
 RE: Captured players go to LL? KDMaxx 10-08-03 30
   RE: Captured players go to LL? Breezy 10-08-03 31
 RE: Captured players go to LL? rpm 10-08-03 32
   RE: Captured players go to LL? Brownroach 10-08-03 33
 All I can say, BR... lizzmac 10-08-03 34
   RE: All I can say, BR... Brownroach 10-08-03 35
       RE: All I can say, BR... lizzmac 10-08-03 36
           RE: All I can say, BR... buckeyegirl 10-08-03 37
               RE: All I can say, BR... CantStandToLook 10-08-03 38
 RE: Captured players go to LL? whoami 10-08-03 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-07-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
It's a very interesting idea, BR!

Since they (at least up till now) have always merged by Ep7, there would be a max of 3 player/prisoners. (Ep 4, 5 and 6 "captures")

Now that must mean that since Lillian's torch was snuffed the second time, she couldn't be one of the returning group. No loss there - but if she returns, please, Jiffy, make her keep her pants on.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-07-03, 01:05 PM (EST)
2. "You know what I think"
I think MB would be crazy not to hire BrownRoach to write some of his challenge and twist ideas!!

I like your theory BR, it sounds very plausible, however, shoudn't they have started this type of capture last espisode? How many more episodes until the merge? Maybe 3?

10-07-03, 01:20 PM (EST)
4. "RE: You know what I think"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-03 AT 03:08 PM (EST)

Three more if things go as usual, so, as ThaiBeach said, that would put three prisoners max at LL by Ep 7.

Perhaps anyone still there is "released" when the tribes merge. The latest info from Griffe has three people "returning" to the game. Maybe there isn't any challenge that gets them back in; maybe the locals just thought they won something because they went back.

Also, this scenario would take care of the time-line problem. You'd still have one person being voted out of the game permanently every three days.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-07-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
5. "RE: You know what I think"
BR you are amazing!!

10-07-03, 01:32 PM (EST)
6. "RE: You know what I think"
Or maybe completely wrong, LOL!

But it makes sense with the info we have...unless I'm totally forgetting about something.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-07-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
19. "RE: You know what I think"
BR: Your idea sounds very plausible, but it seems that you still need to figure out how to get Lillian back into the game...

She had the foreshadowing of her torch not being snuffed, 30lb weight loss, and rumors that she's the F2 "older woman".

Work her into your scenario and I'll buy in...

Krautboy

10-07-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
27. "RE: You know what I think"
Well, admittedly, Lillian returning to the game would not fit into this scenario. Her torch DID go out eventually.

But SB has theorized elsewhere that maybe the early boots were made to exercise and not eat a lot in order to curb weight loss spoilers. And now Wezzie said the locals pointed to a picture of Trish, then Lill, then Trish, then Lill -- does it really mean anything at all, I have to wonder.

Anyway, I only have a two-day wait to find out if I'm wrong.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-07-03, 01:06 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
This sounds very possible to me.

Bovinated- An Original Draco Masterpiece

hrc2u 146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-07-03, 01:37 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
BR, I hope you are right. I think this would keep with the pirate theme.
hrc2u

10-07-03, 01:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
I think this would keep with the pirate theme.

I think it fits better too, hrc2U. If you take someone prisoner, you don't give them control of the ship. You tie them up and throw them in the hold!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 02:05 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
Well, there is also a long history of pirates putting captives to work for them.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 01:44 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
So, am I on drugs or does anyone else see this as possible?

Only you can answer whether or not your on drugs BR baby, but if you are, IceCat will probably start following you around!

I do like this idea a lot BR. It would keep with the time line of people getting voted out. It would also answer why MB had the LL people on a strict diet and excersise regiment. You can switch up the tribes if they're allowed to "free" one of the prisoners as part of a reward.

I like this idea. You're so smart honey!

--wonders if MB is penning his job offer to BR at this moment

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 01:57 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
seems like a great idea, but that would mean Lillian does NOT come back, putting to rest a BUNCH of spoilers... unless Trish turns out to be the older woman that comes back to take second, which I could totally see, since she's been pretty much under the radar so far.

Kolroth 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-07-03, 02:13 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
What about if the prisoners have to be handled in game by the tribe that captures them. I think that would make things much more interesting than sending the prisoner to LL. That way the tribe will have to watch the prisoner and it will allow for more social/personal interactions to develop across tribes. (Production would probably have to outline some rules about what prisoners could or couldn't do to try to break out, etc.)

Kolroth

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-07-03, 02:13 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
Brownroach said:

"Or, perhaps once there are X number of prisoners at LL, they "break out" and compete in a challenge that allows one or more of them to return to the game."

This implies that there may be some "prisoners" who don't get back into the game WITHOUT being voted out and having their torch snuffed. Is that what you meant, BR?

Except for Mike Skupin, I think it's only fair that everyone but the winner be voted out and have their torch snuffed. That's just fundamental to the game.

Not to say that some variation on this is not a possibility.

And wouldn't you WANT to be a "prisoner"? It would mean that you miss some TCs and automatically put you further into the game. Somehow, I don't think that's fair. But MB is not always fair, is he?

A Kyngsladye Original

10-07-03, 02:27 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-03 AT 03:04 PM (EST)

"Or, perhaps once there are X number of prisoners at LL, they "break out" and compete in a challenge that allows one or more of them to return to the game."

Bebekid, I threw that in initially as a sop to the Accidental Tourist info about a contest which a bootee "won," before I thought it through completely. But no, in this scenario, I don't think anyone would leave the game permanently without being voted off. (In fact, I'm going to delete the above paragraph from my original post.)

And wouldn't you WANT to be a "prisoner"? It would mean that you miss some TCs and automatically put you further into the game

Yes, I was thinking about this too. The prisoner in effect has individual immunity as long as they are at LL.

It could also allow for strategy opportunities, depending on how it worked. E.g. Drake might choose to release their own tribemate if he/she was really needed; or they might choose to release someone from Morgan in order to boot him/her out of the game. Could get interesting.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 02:36 PM (EST)
15. "Very curious"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-03 AT 02:37 PM (EST)

I like this idea. The only thing I'm curious about is would the "captured" players be subject to votes at future TC's of their captors?

If so, then it seems unfair not to give the captives the opportunity to save themselves. If not, then it seems unfair to give them a de facto free pass to the merge.

Then again, MB's never been about "fair".

What it would accomplish is ensuring that the stronger players who would be your typical boots in the episode or 2 immediately preceding the merge have the opportunity to participate in individual ICs.

Fester

10-07-03, 02:44 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Very curious"
The only thing I'm curious about is would the "captured" players be subject to votes at future TC's of their captors?

I guess the way I'm envisioning it the captives don't really "belong" to either tribe while at LL -- they are just temporarily sidelined from the game, and they are not eligible to be voted out until they get back in. Either side can choose to bring back a player from either original tribe when they get the opportunity.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 03:18 PM (EST)
17. "The numbers game"
OK, here's another thought. Morgan is pretty much MB's 'worst case scenario', in that going into this twist the tribes are as imbalanced as possible. Suppose that the plan was to have the E4, E5, and E6 ICs be 'Spoils Go to the Winner' challenges where the winning tribe can select any member of the losing tribe to go to this 'brig' or whatever. The losing tribe would then also have to vote someone out, thus reducing their numbers by two each time they lose.

Here's the problem:
Morgan only has 5 members left now. It would be mathematically impossible to do this if Morgan was to lose those 3 challenges. I know we have good reason to think that Drake loses this week, but if everything's above board*, then MB et al. would have to anticipate the possibility of completely eliminating one tribe prior to the merge.

*Of course this wouldn't be the first mention of manipulating the game on the part of the producers, but they would've HAD to have contingencies in place. Right?

Fester
In this case, "contingencies" would mean the equivalent of the "SOS" IC.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 03:19 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Very curious"
I may need to go thru and reread your post BR but a few questions.

Wouldn't there only be one prisoner at a time? When tribes win whatever they pick a prisoner and then send someone else into the cell. I think I'm confused on this issue.

Also what happens to those that weren't brought back in by the tribes at merge time?

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 03:27 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Very curious"
BR:

Would this be what you mean then?

Morgan wins immunity.

Morgan votes to send Rupert to the hold of the ship (LL) so his strength will not help Drake anymore.

Drake then goes to TC and votes someone off? Rupert being safe?

Then, 3 days later, whomever wins immunity can either free the prisoner (Rupert in my example) and have them on their tribe or send another person the hold of the ship?

Then, come merge time the prisoners are freed and rejoin the merged tribes?

Hmmm... interesting...

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
21. "please clarify"
yeah? is this what you meant, BR? I was confused but was thinking you meant what Booted wrote.

please let me know if this is off. I want to add this info to my SOTS summary tonight.

- thanks!

10-07-03, 03:55 PM (EST)
23. "Clarifying for cq..."
cq, the details of how this might work are still up for discussion here, so I don't think you need to be overly specific in the SOTS.

As I said above, my main point is that the basic scenario would satisfy the "returning player" spoiler without having the returnees get their torches snuffed at TC.

10-07-03, 03:45 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Very curious"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-03 AT 06:22 PM (EST)

LOL, I don't know anything, guys -- I'm just proposing this as a way to get players to LL and then back in the game later without them getting voted off at TC.

Breezy --
There could be three prisoners at LL by the end of Ep 6, as Fester points out, if the same tribe wins the next 3 ICs.

And I would guess any remaining prisoners are "released" when the merge happens, and they join the merged tribe.

Fester --
Yes, I know that is a big problem, but it could be solved by MB rushing in an early merge, I suppose.

Booted -- it could work as you say where the Ep 5 and EP 6 IC winner has a choice of releasing/claiming a prisoner OR imprisoning someone else. Or it could be they can do both -- in your example, the IC winner releases and claims Rupert AND ALSO sends someone else to the brig. (Or, they just do nothing and leave Rupert in the brig.)

10-07-03, 03:56 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Very curious"
Even if the same tribe wins wouldn't they have the option of claiming a prisoner? Maybe not, my head is hurting.

Although unlike Krautboy I will buy into this theory without you working Lillian into it. I'm not on the Lillian comes back into the game train right now.

10-07-03, 04:16 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Very curious"
my head is hurting.

So's mine, LOL. Taking a break from thinking about this for awhile.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 04:04 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
My only problem with this idea is the logistics. Usually the hype of a twist isn't as game changing as we'd like to think. Remember the false merge? That's my only problem with your theory. But it would be really interesting though.

Who would Morgan choose to capture, if they won IC? Rupert, probably.

A 2003 IceCat original

10-07-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
Most people have been speculating the MVP reward at the next IC is the other tribe's most valuable player, and that Morgan is going to win and pick Rupert, and Rupert becomes a member of Morgan and helps them win challenges.

Presumably at the following IC the same reward is offered. Logistically my idea doesn't make much difference, really, it's just that the "seized" player isn't used by the "seizing" tribe.

It seems less unfair to the losing tribe, who have to boot someone out AND lose their MVP. This way, the winning tribe doesn't also get the benefit of using the losing tribe's MVP, they just get the benefit of him being out of the game for a bit.

raven 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-07-03, 07:06 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
I like your ideas and possible scenarios...one that I was thinking, going along with your theory, is what if the losing tribe is the tribe picking the castaway, maybe Drake wins one of Morgan's members as a prisoner, but Morgan chooses and chooses Darrah then goes to TC and votes out Ryan O, maybe part of the twist is that Jeff tells them after they choose that Darrah has immunity as a prisoner and that when prisoners are won they are sent to an isolated location.

maybe Drake loses in ep 5 and chooses Trish, someone they wouldn't mind having immunity or mind not having available for the future ICs. Then maybe Darrah and Trish make an alliance as prisoners and in ep 7 with the merger Darrah, Trish and a third prisoner return to merge with the other remaining survivors.

this is really off the wall and i don't really think there is any chance of this happening, but it is neat thinking about how many different ways the game can be played out.

KDMaxx 18 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 02:33 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
This is the best idea I've heard yet BR! There's been a lot of speculation about a surprise reward after Morgan wins . I don't recall new rewards ever being announced AFTER a challenge has been completed (correct me please if I'm wrong on that.) Yet your idea could be announced prior to the start of the IC which makes more sense to me.

One addtional thought hit me:

Morgan gets to select a prisoner from Drake. The prisoner will reside with Morgan (to start the tribe-mixing) for a set period of time. But, Drake can still vote that member out even though they are a prisoner of Morgan! that would create a lot of dialog at Drake...do you vote out the prisoner since you've already "lost" them to some extent? Or do you vote out a non-prisoner and risk the prisoner creating new alliances?

Assuming Morgan takes Rupert prisoner, this could easily lead to Rupert's flame going out. What I haven't figued out yet is would the prisoner be able to attend TC? It wouldn't seem fair if they didn't get a vote.

I also like the idea of Morgan putting the prisoner to work as was mentioned above.

Hmmmm...
KDMaxx

10-08-03, 09:10 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
I was thinking the same thing, the prisoner lives with the Tribe and has to work at the camp. But when they go to challenges they sit out on the sidelines in shackles. If that's the case they wouldn't be available to be voted out at TC, because you can't release or vote out your prisoner. Prisoners have to be freed by the winning team, or released by Jiffy at the merge.

rpm 17 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 10:13 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
I'll add this: What if 'captured' players (ie Rupert) could be reclamed (brought back into the game) by their original tribe (ie Drake) as the one item that can be raided as a result of a REWARD challenge win? (Hence the title of Ep. 5 "Everyone's Hero.")

Actually BR, I'm not sure how much I agree with sending 'captured' players to Loser's Lodge. In true pirate fashion, a captured prisoner would be put to labor (ie help their captive tribe with food, shelter, winning challenges) or forced to walk the plank (ie voted out.) But I do agree that there may be too many twists being spoiled for all of them to be true.

On July 17, JP was interviewed live from the Pearl Islands after the announcement that Survivor was nominated for an Emmy. I think it was for E! News Live but I couldn't find the interview on the E! website so I could be wrong. In any event Jeff said that they were on day 25 and that TWO noteworthy events had occurred that had never occurred on Survivor before. Not one, not three, not several, but two. A lot of people thought he was referring to the start: 1) being shipwrecked with no supplies at all and 2) allowing the entire cast and not just reward winners to mix with the locals to barter for goods.

Now we have CBS promos that seem to suggest that the IC winner somehow gets to choose a losing tribe member for some purpose. Sounds like a first time noteworthy event to me. If that person can somehow interact with the folks at LL while still in the game, we've got another first. Throw in the spoiler that one, two, or three voted out players get to return to the game and suddenly we might have to start accusing JP of UNDER hyping the game.

On day 25, he said there were only 2. And by day 25 there would have been 8 TC's which means the merge had already occurred as well as the identity of the first member of the jury. (Snewser has said that there is no indicators that the merge is any different than other years.) Does anyone think that Burnett would bring back a player after the jury has already started to form? And I think that the Accidental Tourist spoiler mentions that the player that returns comes back at the merge.

IMO, that's just too many drastic changes. While MB has changed the game each time, he still has followed the KISS rule. Stand on a stump to get a new tribe, have two people pick new tribes, fake out merge, etc. are all pretty simple changes. In fact they could be viewed as simple variations of the same game element. And the only changes that I can think of (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that affect the game after the merge is the ability to give away immunity and the purple rock. (The purple rock is arguably the least simple change as well as the most despised.)

I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that any player already voted out gets to return. Although I for one don't have a problem with the 39 day schedule and an extra player. The 12th, 13th, and 14th TC's have occurred on successive days - days 36, 37, and 38 before the final TC on day 39. Add another TC on day 35 and your there.

So while I disagree with most of the ideas presented on this thread, including the one I gave before I started rambling, I do agree with Brownroach's basic premise that there has to be fewer scenerios that satisfy more of the spoilers.

10-08-03, 10:38 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
there has to be fewer scenerios that satisfy more of the spoilers.

That's why I suggested this, as odd as the scenario sounds. I'll admit it's much more logical that the seized person will stay at the new camp, even if they have limited rights while there.

We're getting one twist tomorrow, which presumably is going to continue until the merge. Is there going to be a completely unrelated twist later that allows voted-off players to come back to the game? If so, when? It just seems like too much tinkering for one Survivor installment.

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 12:41 PM (EST)
34. "All I can say, BR..."
(Awww NUTS - clicked on "reset" instead of "post" and lost all my fine prose )

... is you're a frickin' genius.

Anyway - what I said was - if this isn't the Big Twist, it should have been, and I echo what others have said, that MP should have you (and other talented members of this board) on his payroll.

It fits with the pirate theme. They didn't *have* to use it unless a team with a huge numbers advantage developed, and then that team (a) decided to try to throw a challenge and (b) was successful. I'm guessing JP doesn't announce the "surprising reward" till afterwards, when they see the result.

The only aspect I'm not convinced of is that they go to LL, but that's no biggie. I'm leaning towards believing Trish might be the older woman who returns, and that she's thrown in the "brig" at some point.

Hoping it's true, rather than some lame-o MB "shocking twist."

Lizzmac
(VERY carefully placing the cursor over "Post Message" this time....)

10-08-03, 12:52 PM (EST)
35. "RE: All I can say, BR..."
Thanks, lizzmac! (Not sure I'd want to work for MB but I appreciate it from those who said so

The only aspect I'm not convinced of is that they go to LL

The more I think about it the more unlikely this seems to me too, but it does work the returning player spoiler into this twist. I guess I'm starting to think the returning player spoiler could be a crock.

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 01:46 PM (EST)
36. "RE: All I can say, BR..."
... or it might just be that they're sequested SOMEwhere, just not LL. Locals might not necessarily differentiate....?

Lizzmac

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 03:38 PM (EST)
37. "RE: All I can say, BR..."
BR, it's been said before, but worth repeating: You're a genius. I *Heart* your idea. I've been thinking about the logistics part of it, and what if they don't go to LL, but are kept either on another island, or another part of the island they are currently residing on (thus being "marooned" somewhere until their tribes can rescue them? Then the tribes have tofight for the players, thus they wouldn't necessarily go back to their org. tribes, and can't particpate in challenges or rewards till they are rescued. This way they wouldn't have the temptations of LL, but be roughing it with their tribemates. Still not sure how this theory would work with food and stuff though... But it would also fit nicely with the pirate theme.

I lvoe my Kyngsladye Original
~thinks the episode won't be nearly as good as all of our theories

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 05:35 PM (EST)
38. "RE: All I can say, BR..."
This is my first post to the spoilers board mostly because I could never dream up the kinda of insightful stuff you guys come up with.

"BR, it's been said before, but worth repeating: You're a genius. I *Heart* your idea. I've been thinking about the logistics part of it, and what if they don't go to LL, but are kept either on another island, or another part of the island they are currently residing on (thus being "marooned" somewhere until their tribes can rescue them?"

Reading all the different scenarios and wondering how the returning player could be kept from having an advantage foodwise, I think that You have hit on something here. While sending them to LL would definitely give them a leg up, even if they were forced to exercise and given small portions, marooning them on another island does three things. 1. It keeps them separated from the rest of the people on LL 2. It could force them (should they choose) to start over or if provided with bare essentials to form a mini-tribe of their own to survive until the merge or until brought back into the game and finally but most important in terms of dynamics 3) Depending on who is captured from which tribe, it could form new alliances between the prisoners who have basically had to become another tribe to survive until brought back in the game.

Never having done this before. I'm sure that I'm way off kilter but it's an interesting thought and would play into a lot of the scenarios listed already.

A 2003 RolldDice Original

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-08-03, 11:22 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Captured players go to LL?"
I was thinking the same thing and then found this thread, WOW! You have put a lot of thought in to this theory more then I have.
If someone is kidnapped you have someone watch them and keep them with your tribe. They are not allowed to particapate in the challanges. They also have to work around the camp. Maybe only one prisoner at a time. Thus there could be three that come back into the game. Or a tribe could have only one prisoner and if they took another they would have to release the one they have back to the tribe they came from. You then could have two, one on each tribe and they come back in at the merge.
The time frame still stands, No advantage from food, Chance to make new alliances or spy on the other tribe. Good thing I seen this thread. I would not want to get locked out again.
We will see if this plays out tomorrow.

WHOAMI
Just a little slow on this one.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •