The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Matt the decoy?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Barenaked Ladiesfan 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-01-03, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Matt the decoy?"
Ok, so this has been floating around my brain for a few days, and I thought I would share. What if Skeletor...Er, uh, Matt was set out by his alliance (ie, the Robeena faction) to look really creepy, act psycho (not a big stretch for him) and gather the votes of the unsuspecting (ie Rocket Dork and Principle Butch) This would be an inspired move for Deena, who is sure to be a huge target, and if they can keep the joke away from Heidiho and Jenna long enough, might be an effective tool for her master plan. Mwuhahahahahahahahah! And never underestimate the power of a woman, especially one who looks like Janet Reno's hot sister.

"The reason I joined the Marines? So I could go to exotic lands, meet exciting people, and kill them."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Matt the decoy? cindyhale 04-02-03 1
   RE: Matt the decoy? SurvivinDawg 04-02-03 2
       RE: Matt the decoy? cindyhale 04-02-03 3
           RE: Matt the decoy? SurvivinDawg 04-02-03 7
           RE: Matt the decoy? TeamJoisey 04-02-03 9
               RE: Matt the decoy? dabo 04-02-03 22
               RE: Matt the decoy? beachbuzzard 04-03-03 35
       RE: Matt the decoy? Thaibeach 04-02-03 4
           RE: Matt the decoy? Shamazon 04-02-03 27
               RE: Matt the decoy? Brownroach 04-02-03 29
                   Agree AyaK 04-02-03 32
                       RE: Agree Brownroach 04-03-03 38
           RE: Matt the decoy? jsanb 04-02-03 28
       RE: Matt the decoy? Jayzzzy 04-02-03 5
           RE: Matt the decoy? SurvivinDawg 04-02-03 6
               RE: Matt the decoy? Jayzzzy 04-02-03 8
   RE: Matt the decoy? KeithFan 04-02-03 12
 RE: Matt the decoy? jkokoj 04-02-03 10
   Four Posts, My foot Barenaked Ladiesfan 04-02-03 11
 RE: Matt the decoy? Jims02 04-02-03 13
   RE: Matt the decoy? SurvivinDawg 04-02-03 14
   RE: Matt the decoy? Jayzzzy 04-02-03 15
 RE: Matt the decoy? snoocharoo 04-02-03 16
   RE: Matt the decoy? Barenaked Ladiesfan 04-02-03 17
       RE: Matt the decoy? Brownroach 04-02-03 19
           RE: Matt the decoy? SurvivinDawg 04-02-03 30
               RE: Matt the decoy? LookeeLoo 04-02-03 31
               RE: Matt the decoy? Brownroach 04-03-03 42
 Rules sleeeve 04-02-03 18
   RE: Rules munson 04-02-03 20
       RE: Rules cindyhale 04-02-03 21
           RE: Rules Barenaked Ladiesfan 04-02-03 23
       RE: Rules spacey 04-02-03 34
           RE: Rules addictedtoSB 04-03-03 41
 Getting Back to Matt dabo 04-02-03 24
   RE: Getting Back to Matt Brownroach 04-02-03 25
       RE: Getting Back to Matt dabo 04-02-03 26
           RE: Getting Back to Matt KeithFan 04-02-03 33
               RE: Getting Back to Matt Jims02 04-03-03 36
                   RE: Getting Back to Matt Brownroach 04-03-03 37
                       RE: Getting Back to Matt cindyhale 04-03-03 39
                   Matteo's "Strategy" bobstew617 04-03-03 40
                       RE: Matteo's "Strategy" mtopaz 04-03-03 47
                           RE: Matteo's "Strategy" mtopaz 04-03-03 48
 More fodder for Matt and Jenna Gweedeaux 04-03-03 43
   RE: More fodder for Matt and Jenna beachbuzzard 04-03-03 44
       RE: More fodder for Matt and Jenna SurvivinDawg 04-03-03 45
           RE: More fodder for Matt and Jenna cindyhale 04-03-03 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cindyhale 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-02-03, 11:50 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
I think this very well could happen. Deena is by far the smartest player since Richard Hatch. She has the mind of a lawyer (unlike that dumbass Stacey in S2, wasn't it?) and she is playing this game with more precision and cunning than it has even been played before...except possibly by Richard Hatch.

She may not win, but she definitely has my vote for MOST BRILLIANT player!!!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-03, 11:55 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
As of this writing, the original message in this thread is by someone with a grand total of FOUR posts.

Then an enthusiastic response in agreement, and extolling Deena, by someone else with (as of this writing) a grand total of FOUR posts.

Just saying, is all.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

04-02-03, 12:01 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
So, what are you saying? Because we don't post often we aren't entitled to think?

I haven't ever posted until today but I have been an enthusiastic Survivor watcher since S1. I love to hear ALL the speculations, even the one that sound unlikely. This one though, well, I don't underestimate anything Deena does. She is playing this game and playing these people and I think she is by far the smartest female player thus far and probably just as strategically minded as Richard.... Just saying is all...........

04-02-03, 12:33 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
Nothing personal, cindyhale. What I am saying is that there have been a number of new posters coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden, and posting in the spoiler section.

While some of you new folks might be legitimate, there have been occasions where "new" people come on with information that turns out to be bogus or a CBS/Mark Burnett plant.

One such occasion was in Survivor II, when a first time poster pointed out the web page source code that became the infamous "Source Code Theory".

If you are legitimate, please continue to post, and it will become apparent that you're legitimate.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-02-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Matt the decoy?"

Before our new posters take offense, I'd like to put a little perspective on Dawg's comment.

There is a history here, and other similar boards, of family members and or friends discovering the board and posting laudatory remarks and bogus spoilers just to pump up their favorites. There are also the "Uncle Cameraman" posts, where someone claims a connection to a source of inside information.

We eye new posters with a little suspicion when their first posts declare ol' so-and-so the greatest player ever, or those that "reveal" that their brother's cousin was the limo driver for the assistant producer.
Dawg's post merely suggests that we consider the possibility that this is another of those incidents.

That said, welcome to the boards. If you stick around you'll see this is the best Survivor discussion group on the entire Internet. My uncle the web designer swears it's true.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-03, 04:17 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
Well said. New posters are always welcome in my book. It would be a horrible thing if we stopped getting newcomers, just horrible.

SMILES ARE FREE

beachbuzzard 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-03-03, 10:25 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-03 AT 10:26 AM (EST)

I see no more perfect opportunity to spend my FIRST post right here.

I have no problem with Dawg stating what you just said Joisey... that's fine. But the way he said it was so inimtidating to newbies (here) like myself ("he has ONLY 4 posts and so does the response")... it's NO WONDER I've been lurking for over a season.

I'm a regular poster (750 posts) in a less in depth Survivor forum... and others from that forum that come in here will immediately recognize my username. While that means nothing to you, it should give you an indication of how inimidating it is to jump in the water... it's not as though I'm a complete Survivor forum newbie.

I agree that any spoiler specualtion by a newbie could possibly a plant. But can it be said with a bit more tact so that us legit newbies aren't so put off?

Thanks.... BUZZ

PS... Get ready to see LOTS of BUZZ

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-02-03, 12:05 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
I don't have many posts myself, but...(deep breath)...

gotta agree with the Dawg!!

If Deena were as brilliant as she believes herself to be, we wouldn't be seeing her calling herself "alpha female", "top dog" and being cocky enough to say openly that all she needed was to outlast Roger.

Strategies revealed do not succeed. Pride goeth before the fall. You get the picture.

Shamazon 9 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-03, 06:04 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
I hope this is the right place in the thread for this--being a newbie with only a few posts, I don't want to bring chaos to the orderly thread.

The reason I put this here is because I have some issue with "Strategies revealed do not succeed." I only started watching Survivor last year, and only discovered spoiling this year, BUT...

to me, Brian Heidik's strategy was revealed through the whole game last season. In fact, it was so clear to me what he was doing that I went nuts every time someone missed the opportunity to derail him.

I see Deena as very much like Brian in her strategizing. However, I don't think she has 4 different people thinking they're going to the final 2 with her--so she's probably not going to the final 2.

Nevertheless, I agree that she has played wisely and well thus far.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-03, 06:28 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-03 AT 06:35 PM (EST)

to me, Brian Heidik's strategy was revealed through the whole game last season.

It was and it wasn't, imo. We got bits and pieces of it along the way, and by the mid-late game it was pretty easy to guess what he was doing. But it wasn't fully revealed until the Ted boot episode, when we found out that he had everyone --including Jan -- in his pocket. Up until then it was always unclear where Jan stood.

I think Deena made some good moves early on. Aligning with the bimbettes was perfect, and for exactly the reasons Deena said she did it. But she's getting a little careless.

At this point in the game, Brian probably sensed his strategy was going to work, but he knew he had to keep cultivating his various alliances. I don't think he ever got overly sure of himself. I think Deena is a little surer of herself than she should be right now. She has to remember that the women are still outnumbered at this point, and she does look like an IC threat.

**Edited to add:
Regarding Brian, there is also a school of thought that MB showed more of Brian in response to viewers who were critical of his editing of Vecepia, who was reduced to a supporting player in what should have been HER story.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-03, 08:32 PM (EST)
32. "Agree"
>But it wasn't fully revealed until the Ted boot episode, when
>we found out that he had everyone --including Jan --
>in his pocket. Up until then it was always unclear where Jan stood.

Exactly right. In fact, MB built it as a theme. Brian had made promises to Ted, which we knew ... then we found out about Clay ... then we found out about Helen ... and we never knew about Jan until the very last minute. The "story arc" was whether the people to whom Brian had made promises would find out that they were getting played in time to do something about it. Little did we know that Brian was playing everyone.

>I think Deena made some good moves early on. Aligning
>with the bimbettes was perfect, and for exactly the reasons
>Deena said she did it. But she's getting a little careless.

I agree again. By the way, I don't want to dis Stacey Stillman too much (cindyhale, she was in S1). Stacey was beautiful and smart, and she could have won S1 if she'd just worked on lining up more allies while staying under the radar. Richard Hatch realized that the best strategy was to vote other potential leaders out at once, and he got Stacey before she could get him.

Deena, OTOH, managed to stay under the radar until she hooked up with the Bimbo Alliance. Unfortunately, as Brownroach points out, she's now coming out of her cover a little too much. Her allies have no real allegiance to her, or at least that's how it looks from here (if she has a partner to the finish, a la Richard-Rudy, Colby-Tina or Ethan-Lex, it's news to me). And her side doesn't have control by any means. All in all, it looks like trouble is brewing for her.

>**Edited to add: Regarding Brian, there is also a
>school of thought that MB showed more of Brian in
>response to viewers who were critical of his editing of
>Vecepia, who was reduced to a supporting player in what
>should have been HER story.

I disagree with this, though. Vee was the accidental winner -- the person who won because Tammy and the General (and John) were so cocksure of their victory and so oblivious to how they'd blown it that they'd rather let anyone other than Neleh and Pappy win. That's how Burnett presented the events ... and I think that was pretty much how it was, too. It wasn't Vee's story; she was just along for the ride. It may have made for an unsatisfying ending, but it really was the story of S4.

One more comment, for both the old and new people: it never pays to dismiss new posters who aren't obvious trolls. Heck, sometimes it doesn't even pay to dismiss obvious trolls, as this thread proves.

04-03-03, 01:39 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Agree"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-03 AT 01:49 PM (EST)

AyaK, I don't disagree with your evaluation of Vecepia at all. But there seemed to be a general perception that she was too invisible throughout the game, even for someone who just nosed in on the resentment that was felt for her competitor.

In any case, I don't know if MB pushed Brian into the limelight a little more as a result of that. I tend to doubt it, myself. I was just saying that some people seem to think so.

**edited to add:

if she has a partner to the finish, a la Richard-Rudy, Colby-Tina or Ethan-Lex, it's news to me)

I think you've hit on one of Deena's biggest problems here. She doesn't have anyone like this, and I'm not even sure she's given a lot of thought as to who she wants to be in the Final 2 with. She jumped on the Roger boot very hastily, without thinking it through -- not that getting him out was a bad move for Deena, but it was of more benefit to Heidi and Jenna, imo.

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-03, 06:25 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
I have to agree with ThaiBeach's agreement. Deena and Rob are "playing" this game, but she is sooooo far behind Richard, Brian, Tina, it is NOT funny. No way she should have won the IC. No way she should have popped off with the "as long as I beat Roger remark." She had the perfect opportunity to make a VERY STRONG ally in Christy and pissed it away. She has the game by the balls right now and her cockiness will get the best of her.

Peanut Butter Jeff
Now I have a Harem(Jenna & Heidi)

Jayzzzy 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-02-03, 12:14 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
I know this may be my first post, but I have been a big fan of this site and especially you, dawg, however I do take offense to your remark that just because someone does not have may posts, that there opinion is somehow less important.....just sayin....

04-02-03, 12:30 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
Very interesting name you ahve there Jayzzzy....hmmm, wonder if it could be related to someone else who once posted here..... hmmmm....

04-02-03, 12:36 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
just a spin on an old high school nickname....

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-03, 12:56 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
I don't think that just because she presents a good arguement for her stratagy it makes her a brilliant player. Brian, love him or hate him certainly played the game as good or better than Hatch. Mentioning Deena with this group is certainly premature and not very likely to look very good when she is voted out within the next 2 or 3 episodes. Always keep in mind the "mall rats" and 5 from S4.

Nothing against her. I like her and think she is playing hard (even though she needs to get off the "I am woman hear me roar" soapbox. I certainly think she is getting blinders on with the trueness of her alliance.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-02-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the newest posters BARENAKED, CINDYHALE AND JAYZZZY! This is a great site and new ideas and spoilers are most welcome.

However, I disagree with the Matt as a decoy. This guy has been a bit strange from the start. I do like Deena and think she has most certainly been one of the best Survivor players in the game.

Keep spoiling guys.

04-02-03, 12:54 PM (EST)
11. "Four Posts, My foot"
"The reason I joined the Marines? So I could go to exotic lands, meet exciting people, and kill them."

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-03, 12:56 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
That would be a pretty cool idea (I'd be impressed!) but I doubt it is what's really going on. Matt's probably just CREEPY!!!

(But it would be pretty sweet if he wasn't)

By the way, welcome newbies!

Even I'm offended by Dawg's reception, and I ain't no newbie. Just because you have over 3000 posts doesn't mean that your opinion is any more valid than others. I know newbies are still getting used to posting, but please give them a break! We'll never have new posters around here if newbies are AFRAID to post.

In Honor of Summary Writers...
2. "Look Jeanne, a fish! EEEEEEEK!" -survivorscott
3. "Survivor is turning into Playboy At The Rainforest" -AMAI
4. "Eat a sandwich and contemplate how shallow you are" -dajaki
5. "She’s deaf! She’s deaf! Oh God, the humanity, she’s deaf!" -TechNoir
6. "Christy’s smile... one of the 1,612 defining moments" -TeamJoisey

04-02-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
See my post above. As I said, it's not that some opinions are more valid than others. It's about being (rightfully) cautious of new posts that suddenly spring out like this... especially two newbies in a row like happened here.

But, if you want to be offended, by all means be as offended as you care to be.

04-02-03, 01:15 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
thanks Jims02....I have been enjoying reading this board for a long time and never posted....Dawg just hit a nerve....I try not to make blanket assumptions about groups of people

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-03, 01:28 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
While I agree that Deena is no dummy, she definitely doesn't isn't going to make the ranks for all time best player. There are two masters of the game...Dicque and PornoBrian. Behind them are Tina (the dog that didn't bark)and Sooozin who set the bar for hard-nosed, no non-sense female players. These are not necessarily who I like the most, but the people who adapted quickly, found the soft-spots in their fellow players and utilized that weakness to their own advantage. That is the key to Survivor. One must be a Master of Social Manipulation.

04-02-03, 01:36 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
Well, that last post was supposed to be a scathing dismissal of Dawg, but I think I hit the button or something, and the post got lost (guess us newbies really do suck)

To sum up what would have bee a rambling and emotionless post, let me say this:

Dawg, if you are suspicious of everyone with less than 1000 posts of being a MB plant, relative, or ##### Hatch's gay lover, I think it is probably time to come up for air, man. You have obviously been spending a little too much time in the chatroom.

I was just proposing a bullschmidt theory like everyone else. At no time did I say it was a confirmed fact, a lock, or more than my opinion. In short, please do not feel the need to add to your 3900 posts by scribbling in my thread.

--Respectfully,

BNL

"Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here"

04-02-03, 03:45 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
psst, BNLfan --

Wanna get SurvivinDawg REALLY worked up? Say this in your next post:

"I'm positive that blah-blah-blah is going to happen, because it says so on the CBS Website."

Seriously, though, don't be too upset with Dawg. Someone had to replace Shakes the Clown as Cantankerous Curmudgeon in Residence here. (winks at Dawg)

Also have to say I admire that you volunteered for SOTS, something I've been too chicken to do. I suspect you will be up to the task.

04-02-03, 07:32 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-03 AT 07:33 PM (EST)

Well, let me try to say this ONE more time and see if the message gets across. I thought posting my intentions a couple of times already would be sufficient use of the English language, but it appears that some of you are just going to be "offended" no matter what I say, because you want to be. So be it.

First, I have not personally flamed any of these newbies like shakestheclown used to. If any of you really think I'm even close to what shakestheclown used to spew at newbies, then you need to do some research, or just remain offended.

I don't mind newbies posting. Not at all. But when those newbies have 1000 posts, or 4000 posts or whatever, they will understand what I am talking about, and why I am skeptical of the situation that happened here with the first two posts. We've seen "newbies" get on here before, and spew out *BOGUS* information. I gave an example in an earlier post to this thread (that seems to have been deliberately ignored). I could give many more, including one or two from this season.

You better believe I'm skeptical, and I don't think I was wrong in saying I'm skeptical.

Last, for the last time: Those newbies who are genuine, JUST KEEP POSTING and we'll soon see that you're genuine. Those that are CBS or MB plants won't keep posting.

Oh, and welcome to the board, newbies!!!

Yes, I see sleeeve's post, and I can assure you I will not diverge from the rules again. Furthermore, I've said all I care to say on this subject. Believe what and who you want at your peril. I am done here.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-02-03, 07:53 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
Well this one did it! Yes, I have registered! I have been lurking only for this episode of Survivor and have enjoyed everyones analysis. I pretty much have discounted all spoilers, especially CO's because even if he was there, too much of his info is off ever so slightly that a guess using his info is just that, a guess. Not even using it as final 4 guesses. I think I gain more insight on the posts based on the photos that are so well analyzed.

Now I must say that BNL did not offer any spoiler information, just a theory, and it is a good one. Not highly probable, but heck, how many times have you said "I didnt see that one coming." BTW, I don't know BNL or anyone here in person.

Now if BNL's theory proves true, then he is suspect! But until then BNL is just sharing and I liked it and it is subjective whether it should have been in an existing thread.

Yep, I'm a newbie, not very 'puter savvy. And probably wont have a high post number because being so logic and analytical is not my strength. Plus I just dont have time.

LookeeLoo

04-03-03, 03:36 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Matt the decoy?"
C'mon Dawg, I was just funnin' -- trying to diffuse a little of the tension. I think your points are valid.

If any of you really think I'm even close to what shakestheclown used to spew at newbies, then you need to do some research, or just remain offended.

No, I'd have to agree after all. You make a inadequate replacement for Shakes, someone else will have to apply for the job.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-02-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
18. "Rules"
Just a reminder to everyone to please review and follow the site guidelines, specifically, Section I (Please Welcome New Members) and Section II (Do Not Attack Other Members).

In the future, if anyone has any concern about the validity of new memberships (including but not limited to the possibility of duplicate IDs or concern that a former poster may be using a new nickname) please hit ALERT and allow the webmaster to use IP addresses to trace the activities of these users.

Thank you... you may now resume your regularly scheduled spoiling

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-02-03, 03:50 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Rules"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-03 AT 03:55 PM (EST)

Hesitating to jump, toes over the edge, taking the plunge...

First, I've been around this site since the beginning, way back in the glory days of Survivor 1. Don't post all that much, never have, often because I don't have anything to contribute. I've seen newbies come and go, some hang around for a while and even seen some become blue men.

That said, fresh blood and new spoiler talent is always welcome. But, in spoilers, there are some basic rules. Rules that don't necessarily apply to other areas of this board. Foremost among these guidelines is the absolute necessity to keep the board free of clutter. Organization is the key to successful spoiling. Regular posters understand this, longtime lurkers do as well.

When I saw this thread and read BNL's post, my first thought was that there were about three other active threads where it could have been posted, including those titled "What about Matt?", "Alex vs Dave", and "Jenna and Matt". It had nothing to do with the number of posts the poster had or even if the point was valid or not. Just that it didn't need it's own thread.

It is a kinder and gentler board than it has been in the past. It is as approprate to welcome new members as it is to point out transgressions, or violations of community standards, if you will.

Not looking to fan the flames, just trying to maintain the high standards this board has established over the years.

Welcome to all!

Edit: OOps! OK, the Jenna and Matthew thread would NOT be appropriate. But the other two still fit.

04-02-03, 04:11 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Rules"
Hello from the newbie.

Although I am new to posing on this board, I have enjoyed reading for a long time. I am not, however, new to Survivor as I have seen all except for 2 episodes since the beginning, therefore I feel knowledgeable enough to make certain intelligent and thoughtful observations. I do not get as "into" it as apparently do a lot of you. This surely doesn't make me uninformed or incapable of playing "what-if" right along with the best of you.

In my time on this board reading what all of you say, it strikes me that some of you are possessive about your board and your opinions to the point of being scary. I am not picking on Dawg for heaven's sake because he sure isn't the only person somewhat leary of newbies. You people have wonderful scenarios and provide interesting possibilities, but in the end they are just guesses....and just opinions....just like mine and everybody else's who post here. It is a game and it is meant for our amusement. Nobody is about to die.

I have read the rules and they are not unrealistic. I have no problem at all abiding by them, but I would very much appreciate it if you oldsters could please just relax a little. We newbies just might have something exciting to offer as well....and even if we don't, we have to be good for a couple of laughs!

....just saying is all.....

04-02-03, 04:29 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Rules"
I think that my theory deserved its own thread. I think the "clutter aspect" of any board is an almost purely subjective thing. Seriously, I was just out for a bit of fun, and this has turned almost immediately into a pi$$ing contest. I did read the rules section, and feel that I have followed them without exception to anyone. I suggest we just kill this thread and forget this happened, I am over it already.

PEACE, LOVE, SPOILERS

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-03, 09:21 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Rules"
I have been lurking and posting a little as you can see for about two years. I mostly just lurk. I can't help noticing this year that there seems to be less than half the posts there was in the past. I thought this might be because interest in Survivor was starting to lag I am begining to think it is because new people are afraid to post just for the reasons stated in this thread. I know that I have become very fearful of posting the last 2 seasons afraid that I may get flamed. I am afraid, and hoping it isn't true, that we may be scaring posters away. I check this sites daily and the old spark is gone.

addictedtoSB 46 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-03, 02:31 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Rules"
I myself have been lurking since S3 but was only brave enough to register and post last season. I have felt welcome since that time. Not that I have any great insight mostly observations along the lines of "things that make you say Hmmm".
Just keep on topic (though, good luck in this thread ), and read before you post.
For what it's worth coming from me, welcome to all and happy spoiling!

"Permanent good can never be the outcome of untruth and violence." Mahatma Gandhi

04-02-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
24. "Getting Back to Matt"
While WackoMatteo seems pretty clueless about the game itself, he is the one player who came into it with the experience and knowledge to survive in the extreme rain forest environment. After fumbling around a bit he stumbled into the provider strategy, which is a good strategy for longjevity in the game though not in and of itself a winning strategy (Hatch used it in conjunction with his machinations, to make himself more acceptable). Now that the game has reached the jury stage, Matt has reached the point of marginal importance within his alliance, his only remaining value is as a provider. So, that's his story in a nutshell, he's stuck in his strategy and has nowhere to go with it except to go native. They will probably keep him around for a bit longer, his fate is dependant upon (a) how much food MB tosses their way and (b) whether he can win immunity.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

04-02-03, 04:45 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Getting Back to Matt"
I don't think that's quite all of it, Dabo. Remember JP said that the key to winning at this game is adaptability, and to keep your eye on the people who do a good job of adapting.

When Matt realized he'd made a mistake by getting too close to Ryan and Daniel, and decided to try and ingratiate himself by becoming the food provider, he recognized the need to adapt. That also helped him when he went to Jaburu -- he went along with their plan, and now he is in a majority alliance instead of on the fringes of the game.

He also has an "alliance" with Rob, which I don't think anyone else knows about. Rob is pulling all the strings and will probably take a hit for that eventually, while Matt emerges unscathed. I think Matt will adapt again, and do some strategizing on his own as the game gets close to the end.

04-02-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Getting Back to Matt"
Good thinking. At some point the more intensive players will reach critical mass and begin gunning for each other, that's when the Nash game thing suggests that the smart move for all other players is no move at all. It may have started with Roger, actually.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-03, 08:51 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Getting Back to Matt"
I think Matt WILL make it far (F2 or at least F4) combining 2 stratagies. I think a Colby/Vecepia combo could pan out. Staying in the background, not making waves, and willingness to swap alliances like V; and, the good possibility of an immunity run like Colby.

These 2 plans seem to counterdict each other, but ol Mateo is the kind of person to pull it off. A somewhat natural loner with good physical skills. I can sure see him as being the swing vote on key TC's to follow, and also winning immunity when he is on the hot seat on less critical TC's when those mad enough at him put the target on his back.

Not that I want to see this happen, it would be a disappointing end to an otherwise good Survivor.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-03, 10:41 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Getting Back to Matt"
I dunno though... Matt is quite the enigma this season.

Right now, it does look A LOT like Vecepia, like you said. "Let Matt ride along" mentality.

We might be giving the guy too much credit though. Maybe Rob is right? Maybe the guy doesn't have any idea what's going on.

In Honor of Summary Writers...
3. "Survivor is turning into Playboy At The Rainforest" -AMAI
4. "Eat a sandwich and contemplate how shallow you are" -dajaki
5. "She’s deaf! She’s deaf! Oh God, the humanity, she’s deaf!" -TechNoir
6. "Christy’s smile... one of the 1,612 defining moments" -TeamJoisey
7. "Christy wins the Jan Gentry “Aim High” Award" -Fester

04-03-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Getting Back to Matt"
Maybe the guy doesn't have any idea what's going on.

It really could be the case. He could "accidentally" adapt toward the most favorable situation at any given juncture without having any idea what he's doing.

That would explain the incredulousness that seems implied in JP's observation that Matt didn't know how to play the game: Matt just bumbled through and somehow made it all the way to the end.

04-03-03, 01:43 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Getting Back to Matt"
As if there aren't enough scenarios we have to consider, now we must add "jumbling through" to the list! LOL!!!

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-03-03, 02:14 PM (EST)
40. "Matteo's "Strategy""
I think when MB showed that preview, threads like this speculating what he is up to was EXACTLY what he wanted.

I persoanlly don't think he is intentionally decoying for Deena and Rob, but they could use his behavior for their own motives.

I think Deena and Rob are getting too cocky in this game, and they could be "Rotued" (is that a word?)

If Matt does outlast them in this game, I can't wait to see their faces when they get voted out.

And, to all the newbies that have come in with this thread--WELCOME! I was a long-time lurker myself and let me tell you, while we have our moments, this is the BEST Survivor board I have been a part of--HANDS DOWN!!

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-03-03, 05:04 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Matteo's "Strategy""
>I think Deena and Rob are getting too cocky in this
>game, and they could be "Rotued" (is that a word?)
>
>And, to all the newbies that have come in with this thread--WELCOME! I was a long-time lurker myself and let me tell you, while we have our moments, this is the BEST Survivor board I
>have been a part of--HANDS DOWN!!
>
>

I'm not really a newbie, but I have very few posts, stemming in about equal parts intimidation (fear of flaming) or because someone else has already said it much better than I could for myself.

1) As to Matteo's growing "wierdness" - I think we're being shown that to make us think perhaps he goes next, so hence I think he stays at least 3 more days. Matteo just has to sit there and he looks creepy. If he hacks away with a machete, grimacing from the heat and effort, surefire way to look like an ax murderer. But I think Dave will be the target this week - Rob envies him, Deena sees his strength, Christy owes him no allegiace as he was ready to vote her off, and I think Alex and Matt would go along as well, to rid themselves of a strong competitor.

2) I agree that Deena is a good player, but she is getting way to cocky. I would like to see her make it to the end, because she's played the game very well. But she needs to turn down the volume.

and finally - this is the BEST.SURVIVOR.BOARD.EVER - I feel like I know most of you (which may feel wierd, since you don't know me). Krautboy, Spidey, Dawg, Snoocharoo, Bebo, Icecat, Ayak, Sleeeve, TechNoir, and sooooo many others that are great contributors to the board. I love reading the posts and the excellent summaries.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-03-03, 05:06 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Matteo's "Strategy""
Oooops - didn't mean to include bobstew's sig again in my post. My bad!

Gweedeaux 30 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-03, 03:55 PM (EST)
43. "More fodder for Matt and Jenna"
Eternal lurker and posting newbie here...

I came across this over at sucks and it has some serious implications on the Final 2. I don't know how to add a link in here, so someone else will have to link if they wish to, but at this site,

www.onlinecasinonews.com/ocn/article/article.asp?id=3072

there's a brouhaha brewing from some CBS insiders. Thought you'd all want to mull this one over while thinking about Matt.

beachbuzzard 7 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
44. "RE: More fodder for Matt and Jenna"
Here's the link to your article

Quite honestly, I think this is the most damning Jenna & Matt evidence I've seen yet. It appears very legit and is IMHO better than the Chill One info because it specifically names Matt.

04-03-03, 04:33 PM (EST)
45. "RE: More fodder for Matt and Jenna"
I agree. This isn't just someone's opinion, this is real news. It all but assures us that Jenna and Matt are the Final 2.

04-03-03, 04:48 PM (EST)
46. "RE: More fodder for Matt and Jenna"
Poor Jenna. She'll have to spend one night completely ALONE with freaky Matt. ewwwwwwwwwwww Of course, barring something catastophic happening to prevent it, I guess knowing you are about to pick up a cool million would make things tolerable!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •