The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why not Matthew?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-01-03, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why not Matthew?"
It seems the bulk of attention this week says Dave or Alex go this week, with some folks saying no, it's going to be Denna.

But Why not Matthew? Sure, the "losing touch with reality" comment by JP sounds like typical SURVIVOR hype. However, we are also shown Alex in what appears to be a confessional ALSO comment that Matthew is freaking everyone out, and we are shown Denna staying with what appears to be some concern that "Matts sharpening his machete AGAIN".

If they REALLY are concerned about Matt, he's the easy choice this week. I think Denna, and Alex's comments tell us this isn't just hype.

It seems to me this week is a lot like last week, when Roger was a logical choice but we totally ignored the posibility because a) it didn't fit into our conclusion Alex/Shawna spent time at loser lodge , and b) we thought he would win immunity.

Do we have any evidence that tells us Matt will survive this week?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why not Matthew? SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 1
 ChillOne's F2 Guy Krautboy 04-01-03 2
   RE: ChillOne's F2 Guy SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 3
       RE: ChillOne's F2 Guy Krautboy 04-01-03 5
           RE: ChillOne's F2 Guy SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 6
 RE: Why not Matthew? wendyp 04-01-03 4
 RE: Why not Matthew? munson 04-01-03 7
   RE: Why not Matthew? lizziegirl 04-01-03 8
       RE: Why not Matthew? smrtNsassybnkr 04-01-03 9
 RE: Why not Matthew? speedstr24 04-02-03 10
   RE: Why not Matthew? Aussiemama 04-03-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-03, 10:08 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Why not Matthew?"
My "proof" comes from my contrarian Hollow Theory, which suggests that CBS and MB lead us away from the truth with stuff they show in their previews and on their website (and potentially, in the show's editing itself).

If Matt were to be going, I don't think CBS would've shown the preview that they did (of him and his machete sharpening). I also don't think the CBS Survivor web site Misdirection about him would have been there (or worded that way).

Furthermore, Matt has a significant weight loss spoiler. While this isn't as reliable this season as in the past (see: Jeanne), it's still probably a good one for Matt.

Yet another reason, somewhat intuitive, would be the present dynamics of the alliances: Deena/Rob are targeting Dave, as part of the "Old Tambaqui" male group, having destroyed Roger and looking at Butch next. Heidi/Jenna may go with this, OR they may throw in with Dave, in which case either Alex or Deena would be their likeliest targets (for reasons debated at length in other threads). Matthew just doesn't come up as a "natural" target for either of these major Food Groups.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-01-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
2. "ChillOne's F2 Guy"
In addition, we also have the ChillOne's description of the F2 Guy...

"13. The Final 4 are (in order of longevity): Jana/Jenna, 23; Another guy, "strong build", 26; Another guy, 50 (3rd place); Deaf girl, 22 (4th place).

21. The male that makes it to the Final 2 is rumored to be "BIG" in a muscular and tall kind of way. Possibly a tight haircut parted to one side."

Matthew fits this description better than anyone else. Looking at the contestants and putting yourself in the shoes of a "boatdriver" Matthews hair, and his very distinctive "part", I would argue that he is the only person that an impartial observer would describe in those terms.

Asked to describe Dave or Alex, you would not describe the "part" in their hair. This can only be Matthew.

I'm personally putting alot of weight on the ChillOne's F4 of Christy, Butch, Jenna and Matthew, reserving the right to question the actual order.

Were it not for the ChillOne, this week's editing of Matthew would cause us to consider his upcoming demise...

The questions remain.

1. Is Dave the obvious boot who fails to win immunity, who MB is now trying to hide with the editing misdirection of Matthew?

2. Is Dave the obvious boot who is saved by immunity causing Alex to be selected as the alternate target; a surprise boot hidden by the editing which directs us to consider Matthew?

3. Is Dave the obvious boot who is shown trying to save himself with a strategic alliance with Heidi, only to be voted out afterall...

Krautboy

04-01-03, 10:56 AM (EST)
3. "RE: ChillOne's F2 Guy"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-03 AT 11:00 AM (EST)

While most people have been assuming that Matt is the strong guy in the ChillOne spoiler, I would submit that, as of right now, it is possible that this person could be Alex or Dave, haircut notwithstanding. It would be a stretch to think it's Rob.

Were it not for the ChillOne, this week's editing of Matthew would cause us to consider his upcoming demise...

Not "us"... To quote Charlie Brown: "AAAAUUUUUGGGHH!!!!! Geez, KB! how many times do I have to say it? DO NOT TRUST WHAT CBS SHOWS YOU!!! The fact that CBS is showing us Matt with the machete should be an alarm bell going off that he's probably SAFE! Why are you so readily eager to believe what those lying bums tell you? (like the old Richard Pryor joke about being caught cheating by his wife: "Who are you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?!?! )

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-01-03, 11:20 AM (EST)
5. "RE: ChillOne's F2 Guy"
Dawg: Guess I hit the old CBS conspiracy nerve! sorry...I was speaking theoretically. I agree that Matthew is safe and that CBS is misdirecting, but they still believe it may mislead "us" ("us" being the viewing audience for whom MB edits the show)

I'll try to be more careful with my choice of words...

Krautboy

04-01-03, 11:46 AM (EST)
6. "RE: ChillOne's F2 Guy"
Oh... okay...

Never mind...

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-01-03, 10:58 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Why not Matthew?"
Remember that Deena and the cute girls kept Shawna over Joanna because she was part of their alliance and they needed her vote strength. Deena/Rob will not give up the advantage yet and vote out one of their own so early.

matt may be crazy, but he is voting with them and catching fish.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-01-03, 03:15 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Why not Matthew?"
In another vein, Matt is the tribe food provider. His fishing skills have served him well, and because he's not perceived as much of a threat (He's loyal to Rob and Rob has control of his vote), he won't be an obvious target like Dave or Alex.

lizziegirl 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-01-03, 04:01 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Why not Matthew?"
But last week didn't they show others, besides Matt, catching fish? Remember when Deena and Jenna were talking about getting rid of Alex next because neither Deena nor Jenna ever expected to win immunity?

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-01-03, 04:06 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Why not Matthew?"
Not to mention that Matt would be ideal for them to up against in the Final 2, as he has not made many close friends on the jury! (think Kieth..)

speedstr24 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-02-03, 01:06 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Why not Matthew?"
I have to agree with Mav here...

I think too many people are discounting Matt being booted. Sometimes in the previews, burnett WILL showcase someone who is really going to be booted. Last week, he did mention Roger, but I don't recall Roger being "showcased".

Although Deena and Rob will not want Matt booted, there may be a few other people who will want him booted. Remember: Heidi, Dave, Butch AND christy were all a part of the SAME tribe for a few days. JUST because they have merged and roger is booted, it doesn't mean they can't get back together. I could see how Heidi might get paranoid that the new jabaru tribe might be too strong and may want to try and lessen their strength by getting atleast one of their members booted.

Alex has mentioned before that he wants to boot the stronger members and he probably has a better bond with Dave than with Matthew. Heidi and Dave may possible be able to swing his vote to boot Matt. This possibility becomes even MORE real if Dave actually wins immunity.

Now of course, I may be completely wrong and dave may be booted like everyone is saying, but I think there is a FAR better likelihood that Matt gets booted than Alex.

AND... this would play REALLY NICELY into how deena and rob get booted soon after the merge. Once they realize that they are not as powerful as they should be, they may bery well freak out on Alex and ESPECIALLY heidi for betraying them. I could definitely see Deena letting loose and if people realize that Rob is her right hand man, they may want to get rid of him for scheming and plotting too much.

Anywho, just my two cents... for me right now, I'm thinking it's either Dave or Matt getting booted. Any other boot just doesn't make sense.

Aussiemama 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-03-03, 05:06 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Why not Matthew?"
Simple - a Matt boot is too obvious!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •