The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Roger's parting words - mad at Dave & Alex?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-27-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Roger's parting words - mad at Dave & Alex?"
Why did Roger say in his Final Words, "I overestimated the confidence that two young men gave to me. I'm disappointed from that respect, because I truly grew fond of both Dave and Alex."

It would seem to me that he would be worried about the betrayal of the guys sent to the other tribe, namely Alex, but also Matt and Rob. Why is he disappointed in Dave, who voted with him and Butch to try to vote out Christy?

Is there a new alliance out there that we don't know about, or was Roger just speaking nonsense? (btw, I agree w/what everyone is saying about Roger not getting the classic "boot redemption" episode. Thanks, EPM!)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Roger's parting words - mad at ... Brownroach 03-27-03 1
 RE: Roger's parting words - mad at ... zzz 03-27-03 2
   RE: Roger's parting words - mad at ... Loree 03-28-03 3
   RE: Roger's parting words - mad at ... bichon 03-28-03 4
   RE: Roger's parting words - mad at ... managerr 03-28-03 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-03, 04:17 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Roger's parting words - mad at Dave & Alex?"
Roger said on the Early Show that he had questioned the integrity of Alex and Rob. Maybe he meant to say Rob instead of Dave?

Or maybe he was confused right after his torch was snuffed, and he thought Dave had voted for him too?

I don't think it means anything, in any case.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-27-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Roger's parting words - mad at Dave & Alex?"
I think Roger is just generally a delusional man. After all, he said he did not think he was outwitted or outplayed in his final speech (although at least he realized he was outlasted). If he was not outwitted or outplayed, then no one has ever been. He just cannot accept what happened to him. Like so many people who have been on Survivor, he did not really understand the game, and even after playing it, he still does not understand the game.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-03, 01:09 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Roger's parting words - mad at Dave & Alex?"
Before Roger came on the show he stated that his plan was to get rid of the young strong men. So he was probably just angry they were still there and he was out. I know he just mentioned Alex and Rob on The Early Show. So maybe he was just confused and shocked when he was booted and thought Dave had deceived him too. Watching the show now he has to realize that Dave was as shocked as Roger and Butch were.

bichon 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-28-03, 01:16 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Roger's parting words - mad at Dave & Alex?"
Probably thought that Dave and Alex were the ones who betrayed him until he saw the show. Agree on the delusional part.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-28-03, 02:43 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Roger's parting words - mad at Dave & Alex?"
I wish someone had asked him the question on whether or not he thought they still outplayed him. I can understand thinking mis-understanding the reason of their booting right after their boot. But after watching the episode, it should be clear to him that yeah, he was outwitted and outplayed.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •