URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 3710
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Roger's parting words - mad at Dave & Alex?"

Posted by JohnMc on 03-27-03 at 03:53 PM
Why did Roger say in his Final Words, "I overestimated the confidence that two young men gave to me. I'm disappointed from that respect, because I truly grew fond of both Dave and Alex."

It would seem to me that he would be worried about the betrayal of the guys sent to the other tribe, namely Alex, but also Matt and Rob. Why is he disappointed in Dave, who voted with him and Butch to try to vote out Christy?

Is there a new alliance out there that we don't know about, or was Roger just speaking nonsense? (btw, I agree w/what everyone is saying about Roger not getting the classic "boot redemption" episode. Thanks, EPM!)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Roger's parting words - mad at Dave & Alex?"
Posted by Brownroach on 03-27-03 at 04:17 PM
Roger said on the Early Show that he had questioned the integrity of Alex and Rob. Maybe he meant to say Rob instead of Dave?

Or maybe he was confused right after his torch was snuffed, and he thought Dave had voted for him too?

I don't think it means anything, in any case.

Posted by zzz on 03-27-03 at 04:30 PM
I think Roger is just generally a delusional man. After all, he said he did not think he was outwitted or outplayed in his final speech (although at least he realized he was outlasted). If he was not outwitted or outplayed, then no one has ever been. He just cannot accept what happened to him. Like so many people who have been on Survivor, he did not really understand the game, and even after playing it, he still does not understand the game.

Posted by Loree on 03-28-03 at 01:09 PM
Before Roger came on the show he stated that his plan was to get rid of the young strong men. So he was probably just angry they were still there and he was out. I know he just mentioned Alex and Rob on The Early Show. So maybe he was just confused and shocked when he was booted and thought Dave had deceived him too. Watching the show now he has to realize that Dave was as shocked as Roger and Butch were.

Posted by bichon on 03-28-03 at 01:16 PM
Probably thought that Dave and Alex were the ones who betrayed him until he saw the show. Agree on the delusional part.

Posted by managerr on 03-28-03 at 02:43 PM
I wish someone had asked him the question on whether or not he thought they still outplayed him. I can understand thinking mis-understanding the reason of their booting right after their boot. But after watching the episode, it should be clear to him that yeah, he was outwitted and outplayed.