The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 6 contestant - Shawna Mitchell"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-03, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 6 contestant - Shawna Mitchell"
Please post in this thread any spoilers, speculation or information you may come up on Shawna Mitchell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Retail Saleswoman Krautboy 01-11-03 1
 ChillOne's "Jana" = Shawna Krautboy 01-12-03 2
   RE: ChillOne's "Jana" = Shawna erikman 01-13-03 3
       RE: ChillOne's "Jana" = Shawna VerucaSalt 01-13-03 4
 RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Shawna ... Punkin 01-17-03 5
   RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Shawna ... djandy 01-18-03 6
       RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Shawna ... waterbug 01-21-03 8
 Shawna dating Alex? Krautboy 01-20-03 7
 Snews: Shawna might go early? Brownroach 01-23-03 9
   bumping to consolidate waterbug 03-07-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-11-03, 11:20 AM (EST)
1. "Retail Saleswoman"
Shawna Mitchell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retail Saleswoman
Hometown:
Redwood City, California
(Photo: CBS)

Krautboy

01-12-03, 11:52 PM (EST)
2. "ChillOne's "Jana" = Shawna"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-03 AT 11:52 PM (EST)

The discussion surrounding the Portuguese pronounciation of Shawna seems to lead to the conclusion that ChillOne"s source said that "Jana" was the woman that that started out ordinary and became a hottie (in the eyes of the Brazilian male) as the game progressed and she lost weight. Jenna is already a hottie at the beginning of the show. It turns out that the Portuguese pronounciation of Shawna comes out as Jana. ChillOne and us are the ones that made the leap from Jana to Jenna. The conclusion is that it is most likely Shawna that makes it to the final two, not Jenna.

There is also a rumor that Shawna and a male contestant (her F2 partner?) are dating post show.

We also have spec that Heidi and Jenna become allies on the show (both shown wearing a yellow feather in the tribe picture). And Milkshakey's spoiler that Heidi goes just before F4...

Conclusion:

F6: Jenna/Heidi
F5: Heidi/Jenna
F4: Christy
F3: Butch
F2: Shawna/Dave?

Feels weird speculating about the PTTE a month before the show even starts...

Krautboy

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-13-03, 00:38 AM (EST)
3. "RE: ChillOne's "Jana" = Shawna"
laskil just said she was dating another contestent. we don't know who it is she is dating, they also said she was a sweetheart. if she doe's date some that goes to f2 with her it would be funny.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-13-03, 01:50 PM (EST)
4. "RE: ChillOne's "Jana" = Shawna"

Considering that Jeffy pronounced Shawna's name as "Johnna" on the Early Show Preview, this helps further the speculation of the "Jana" from Chill.

From the thread that Erikman refers to, apparently Shawna is a real "sweetheart" per a poster Matt who goes to William and Mary.

Matt states:

This is what I got for you (she graduated my senior year of high school so we share many mutual friends):

She was extremely well known (small school only 5500)
She was very friendly
She was very athletic
and she was the type of person that was everyone's friend.

Punkin 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-17-03, 07:25 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Shawna Mitchell"
I work in San Mateo, just a few miles from Redwood City where Shawna lives. Here is an article that appeared in yesterday's San Mateo Daily Journal. It seems that right now she's in Las Vegas in a soccer tournament. The rumor is that she is dating Alex.

http://www.smdailyjournal.org/article.cfm?issue=01-16-03&storyID=19761

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-18-03, 04:14 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Shawna Mitchell"
Shawna is also a twin. From the above article:

"Shawna has a tendency to over achieve, said Suzanne Mitchell. As an eighth grader she traveled to London, England for a world class soccer tournament. At Menlo High School she and her twin sister, Kerrin, were the first two people to win the Weldon award at the same time, said Suzanne Mitchell. The award is given to students who show all-around excellence — a fitting reward for Shawna who was granted early admission to the College of William and Mary in Virginia."

waterbug 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-21-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Shawna Mitchell"
Not spoiler, but potentially deeper background:

>Menlo High School she and her twin sister, Kerrin, were
>the first two people to win the Weldon award at
>the same time, said Suzanne Mitchell.

When I first read this, I wasn't sure if the article meant Menlo School (a private school) or Menlo-Atherton High School (a good public school in an affluent community). They are very nearby one another, and even compete in the same hs sports league (or used to when I lived there). The Weldin award sounded familiar as a Menlo School thing (I went there, but it was a while ago).

Why might this matter? Shawna comes from Redwood City, not Menlo Park or Atherton, and therefore might not be as hugely rich as the others kids in her high school (or college -- William and Mary). To succeed with the sort of popularity and all-around goodness the Weldin award implies, she (and her twin) must be exceptionally good at reaching people from all over -- different classes (year-wise and socio-economically), different affinity groups, different countries, different ideologies, etc. Her ability to pass through difference, or at the very least to get along, coupled with a high-level functioning brain (which Lamber, Kim P, Pillows V.1, Pillows V.2, and other cutie-patooties didn't seem to have) could set her up well in this game.

Then again, I could be reading way too much into where she lives and where she went to school.

Fire away, friends!

~~ waterbug ~~

01-20-03, 03:42 PM (EST)
7. "Shawna dating Alex?"
From SS...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author Comment
MadBananaRush
(1/13/03 3:47:43 pm)
ezSupporter

Re: re
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI, Shawna is dating ALEX BELL, NOT Dave - Source wishes to remain anonymous.

Edited to add: Is Alex Bell a John Carroll clone? John, can you confirm you are not on the show again?
Ciaza, Mate!

Edited by: MadBananaRush at: 1/13/03 3:49:39 pm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Shawna turns out to be the F2 "Jana", does this mean Alex is more likely to be the F2 male?

Krautboy

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-23-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
9. "Snews: Shawna might go early?"
Snewser apparently had some early info on Shawna, which he's not 100% behind, but...

Missing Amber posted the details on SS:

Missing Amber
MESS Member
(1/22/03 7:02:22 pm)
ezSupporter

Re: This is weird!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Snewser thing...

I thought that he said that based on the information he got pre-show (he originally thought it was Shawna's twin sister who goes to Duke was on the show) states that Shawna doesn't go far.

But he also said that it wasn't the most reliable info he got, and that he was still looking into it.

Apologies if it's not all right to quote this here:

Quote:
I mentioned a while back that I thought a graduate of Duke was on the show. I got the story wrong. Well, I didn't get it wrong because I never ran the story, but I was too lazy to pursue it. It was Shawna's twin sister who went to Duke, and her friends knew about the Survivor connection. Somewhere down the line the info got mangled about exactly which of the two was on the show.

Anway, rumor has it there were no signs that Shawna got very far in the game. It's not the most reliable info I've ever received, but I'm inclined to believe it for now. It's a month until the first episode, so I have a lot of time to change my mind and flesh out the big picture from the other tips I'll receive.

waterbug 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-07-03, 07:23 PM (EST)
10. "bumping to consolidate"
This was all the way back on page 6, but contains all the information DKH has offered in the new "Shawna Spoiler" thread -- plus some.

Any new info or thoughts?

~~ waterbug ~~

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •