The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Reward Info..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-07-02, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Reward Info..."
Nothing really significant, just a little press release that gives a hint about the reward..........

Just by the sheer wording of it, sounds like SJ will win the reward of their long awaited food.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Reward Info... Krautboy 10-07-02 1
   RE: Reward Info... ejm92 10-07-02 2
   RE: Reward Info... Yogi 10-07-02 3
       RE: Reward Info... sleeeve 10-07-02 11
           RE: Reward Info... true 10-07-02 12
               RE: Reward Info... sleeeve 10-07-02 13
                   Combo Challenge? Rain Crow 10-07-02 17
                       Great idea! MC_Hampster 10-07-02 29
 Sook Jai Wins REWARD MattyMax 10-07-02 4
   Remeber how CBS always works it... TribalTex29 10-09-02 37
 RE: Reward Info... Outfrontgirl 10-07-02 5
   RE: Reward Info... MattyMax 10-07-02 8
       RE: Reward Info... sleeeve 10-07-02 9
           RE: Reward Info... Outfrontgirl 10-07-02 15
               RE: Reward Info... Brownroach 10-07-02 18
                   RE: Reward Info... BMH 10-07-02 19
                   RE: Reward Info... Outfrontgirl 10-07-02 20
                       RE: Reward Info... Brownroach 10-07-02 22
           RE: Reward Info... MattyMax 10-07-02 33
       RE: Reward Info... ShowMeTheWinner 10-07-02 14
   let me re-open it survivorscott 10-07-02 16
 Rice? sweetpea 10-07-02 6
   RE: Rice? sleeeve 10-07-02 10
 RE: Reward Info... wendyp 10-07-02 7
   RE: Reward Info... ejm92 10-07-02 21
       RE: Reward Info... BMH 10-07-02 23
           RE: Reward Info... ejm92 10-07-02 24
 RE: Reward Info... Outfrontgirl 10-07-02 25
   RE: Reward Info... BMH 10-07-02 26
       RE: Reward Info... Outfrontgirl 10-07-02 27
           RE: Reward Info... ejm92 10-07-02 28
               RE: Reward Info... BMH 10-07-02 30
                   RE: Reward Info... ulalame 10-07-02 31
                   RE: Reward Info... Outfrontgirl 10-07-02 32
 RE: Reward Info... Outfrontgirl 10-08-02 34
   RE: Reward Info... Krautboy 10-08-02 35
       RE: Reward Info... Outfrontgirl 10-08-02 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-07-02, 00:32 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Reward Info..."
Since this preview matches up pretty closely with the promo images, can we conclude that the Dummies are part of the RC?

Krautboy

10-07-02, 00:39 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Reward Info..."
That sounds about right to me...and the IC might just be the gross food everyone seems to be wanting, or it could even be some kind of Survival trivia...an episode 4 or two in the past have dealt with trivia.

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-07-02, 01:00 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Reward Info..."
What about a two parter with the dummies.

They 'dress up' the dummies for the RC and
then the dummies are also part of the IC?

Dressing up the dummies must count for something.

Just a thought.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-07-02, 03:46 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Reward Info..."
>Dressing up the dummies must count
>for something.

We've had tons of challenges in the past which feature an artistic component before the actual challenge which has nothing to do with the real challenge (Australian totems in S2-E14; Kites to a certain extend in S4-E9ish; Fake tattoos in S4-E13; etc).

I expect that dressing up the dummies will be a fun activity for the tribes to do around camp before the actual challenge, and will have nothing to do with the challenge itself.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-07-02, 04:15 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Reward Info..."
(Australian totems in S2-E14; Kites to a certain extend in S4-E9ish; Fake tattoos in S4-E13; etc).

Can anyone refresh my memory. Were these for RC or IC?

I expect that dressing up the dummies will be a fun activity for the tribes to do around camp before the actual challenge, and will have nothing to do with the challenge itself.

Two things I get from this statement.
1. RC usually comes early in the episode, could the time it takes to get treemail, and decorate/practice indicate that this could be the IC?

2. If this is RC, perhaps the IC will be fairly quick and simple. (non physical) So far all the challenges have been physical (with a little mental thrown in) Maybe we're in for a trivia contest this week.

10-07-02, 04:20 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Reward Info..."
Australian totems in S2-E14 -- Prior to lastIC
Kites to a certain extend in S4-E9ish -- RC (Kathy wins Snickers bar)
Fake tattoos in S4-E13 -- Prior to last IC

>Two things I get from this
>statement.
> 1. RC usually comes
>early in the episode, could
>the time it takes to
>get treemail, and decorate/practice indicate
>that this could be the
>IC?

According to Jeff Probst, they will mix things up this year... sometimes RC will be first, sometimes IC... sometimes they (along with TC) will all be in the same day. So we can't use timing for this.

But, for the record, kite making and kite flying all took place on the first day of a 3-day story arc last season.

>2. If this is RC,
>perhaps the IC will be
>fairly quick and simple. (non
>physical) So far all
>the challenges have been physical
>(with a little mental thrown
>in) Maybe we're in
>for a trivia contest this
>week.

In the past, there was a pattern of one physical, one mental challenge in each episode... but with "all new challenges" will this change? Probably not

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-07-02, 04:58 PM (EST)
17. "Combo Challenge?"
I posted elswhere that this could be a combination RC/IC challenge, but it bears repeating. In order to keep the tribes on their toes, MB and JP have stated that they are going to do some oddball things with challenges this time.

This scenario for example could easily happen:

If they get the dummies early in the episode and are told to paint/decorate them, that will make them think it has something to do with the RC. (By the way, in one vidcap, we see a scroll setting on top of a basket. Want to bet that the basket contains paint, magic markers, etc.?) They get busy painting and the first day goes by, but no further messages or boats to Challenge Beach. The head scratching starts.

The drama over at Chewie keeps on developing and keeps the episode interesting as day two comes and goes...with no RC. Now the tribes are wondering "WTF" happened to the RC? Did the Tree Mail get stolen or lost? Where is Jiffy? Did the Taliban capture him? Lots of intersting video of hungry or angry contestants starting to worry.

Day three dawns and they are called to Challenge Beach. With a self-satisfied smile, Jiffy tells them "You thought you knew how the game was played, but have we got a surprise for you!" Then he reveals that it is a combination RC/IC for food and immunity.

A Suckie win here will satisfy all the immediate needs: (1)food for Suckies and (2) Grande getting the boot by her conniving tribemates at IC and fulfilling her hatred for Ted and Clay/Helen.

Works for me!

Unfortunately, we will probably get new previews on Thursday morning that absolutely kills my clever scenario.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-07-02, 07:46 PM (EST)
29. "Great idea!"
Not only does this fulfill the statements by MB and JP, but this could help convince the teams to not throw the IC. Although I wouldn't suspect there will be any throwing of the IC in this episode...

-MC

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-07-02, 02:20 AM (EST)
4. "Sook Jai Wins REWARD"
For 2 reasons, I think this little spoiler points to Sook Jai winning reward:

1. the use of 'Meantime'. It sounds as if Chewy Gum is having problems (lingering tensions, gender, etc.), and MEANWHILE (Somewhere else at the same time) enjoys food

2. the food is described as VALUABLE. Chewy hasn't had a problem with food, and now that the red berets taught them stuff, they seem to be more than okay. Sook Jai has been very hungry, will fight very hard for food. The food to Sook Jai will be valuable.

MattyMax

Me fail English? That's unpossible!
-Ralph

TribalTex29 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-09-02, 00:54 AM (EST)
37. "Remeber how CBS always works it..."
On this show, you know that 90% of the time, what you think will happen, you only think because of what CBS chooses to show you and rarely is it accurate.

One thing I have noticed is that while watching the show you can always tell who is safe at Tribal Council, the person or persons who are rarely shown in interviews, stills, daily life, etc.

I think that whatever troubles may lie ahead in Chuay Ghan, it will make the team try harder and be stronger. And knowing Ghandia, if she were to try to throw the IC to get Ted booted, she'd probably end up helping them. I think CBs wants CG to win to make it more exciting. They definetly pick the challenges according to what THEY want to see happen.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 05:00 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Reward Info..."
This promo indicates that the "forever" line refers to the same tribe as the gender split, so it lays to rest the spec that the "forever" lines refers to Robb and Shii Ann (or any SJ).

If SJ doesn't win the reward, then they have nothing going on this episode at all!--so far as the promos are concerned. It's rare (if ever) that they don't include something concerning each tribe--so they probably do win RC.

10-07-02, 01:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Reward Info..."
OFG, why do you think that the 'gender split' is in Sook Jai? It seems to me that it is in CG, or at least EPB wants us to think that there is a gender split in CG. I think that 'forever' comment was said by Ghandia, seems dramatic.

MattyMax

10-07-02, 03:43 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Reward Info..."
>OFG, why do you think that
>the 'gender split' is in
>Sook Jai?

I believe that she says that it "lays to rest" the idea that it could refer to SJ... in other words she's saying that the theory is dead... the line MUST refer to CG.

10-07-02, 04:27 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Reward Info..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-02 AT 04:32 PM (EST)

Thanks very much sleeeve and ShowTheWinner for clearing up my post (perfectly). I hadn't seen the question...

One thing I realized after making my post above is that SJ does have SOME promo time--the "she hates us" bit. They aren't totally ignored.

Sounds to me like the dummies (like the kites) are for this food reward. I'll root for SJ so they can get fueled up and send CG to TC--all to further my Ghandia boot pick.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 04:58 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Reward Info..."
Yep, have to agree that SJ wins the Valuable Food Items, and the rest of the Ep focuses on the brouhaha at CG and Ghandia's boot.

Then in Ep 5, Stephanie leaves the Valuable Food Items on the beach and falls asleep, just as the tide is about to come in...
Voila, the Ocean's Surprise!

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-07-02, 05:02 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Reward Info..."
lol Brownroach..I am convinced..they slipped up with this episode notice..Sook Jai is gonna win RC..and most likely IC..with Ghandia..FINALLY gettin the boot

And next week I see the main 2 targets Stephanie and Robb..bc I am pretty convinced..Ghandia is the last CG to go pre-merge

10-07-02, 05:09 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Reward Info..."
LOL, Brownroach,
you are smart AND funny.

Of course, tides would be a novel concept to these idjuts.
You should come over to the dark side and post too--i.e. on Bashers. Obviously you have some mocking you need to get out of your system.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 05:21 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Reward Info..."
Thanks, OFG -- I do read Bashers too; can't live without the summaries. I may put in an appearance there quite soon.

10-07-02, 11:29 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Reward Info..."
Oh I get it thanks.

MM

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 04:25 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Reward Info..."
OFG, why do you think that the 'gender split' is in Sook Jai?

I think there's a little misunderstanding of OFG's post. She said, "This promo indicates that the "forever" line refers to the same tribe as the gender split, so it lays to rest the spec that the "forever" lines refers to Robb and Shii Ann (or any SJ)". Some people speculated that the "forever" line could refer to Robb and Shii Ann and with this promo, OFG thinks that the promo has ruled that out.

Not trying to be OFG's spokesperson and just wanted to answer the question asap. Besides, it's great for my DAW

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 04:35 PM (EST)
16. "let me re-open it"
according to my seebs mail this is what they had to say:

Jed Hildebrand became the first person voted out of Sook Jai, the victim of perceived laziness and growing tensions between the male and female members of the tribe. And tensions continue to simmer at Chuay Gahn and threaten to erupt into a full-blown battle of the sexes

Looks like they are trying to show that both tribes have a split going. but honestly I don't see it with sucky guy

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-07-02, 10:55 AM (EST)
6. "Rice?"
Could it be that the dummies are stuffed with rice? The winning tribe gets to cut open their dummy and retrieve it.

10-07-02, 03:44 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Rice?"
That's a hell of a lot of rice!!!

I doubt it.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 11:13 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Reward Info..."
This also could go with JP asking SJ if they are expecting food as a reward at TC. Of course they said no, but we know there is always at least one RC with food. Plus they focused so much on how SJ were starving . . . . Definitely screams RC winner of food is SJ.

10-07-02, 05:10 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Reward Info..."
Well, that is actually the only doubt I have..in the past, EPM has really milked the fact that one tribe is starving....remember Ogakor? Kucha was eating everything, they had no food....and the Rotu tribe went for a long time with no extra food help, they always complained about starving, although there was only one or two food rewards in the Marquesas....anyways, Ogakor and Rotu never did win a food reward, they just kept starving.

10-07-02, 05:26 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Reward Info..."
Dont you mean Maraamu..wasn't it that tribe that lost all the challenges?

10-07-02, 05:27 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Reward Info..."
Rotu lost all of those rewards after the switch, though, and MB made it for sure and certain that we knew they were starving...Maraamu had plenty of food.

10-07-02, 05:30 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Reward Info..."
It just occurred to me that the "valuable food items" could be the traditional (not at all new) spices and condiments reward.
Samburu won that RC in Ep 4 (coincidence?)

Food items sounds like something that goes back to camp for continued use, unlike a feast/picnic reward to be consumed on the spot.

10-07-02, 05:32 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Reward Info..."
Kucha also won spices/food items in the outback..the challenge where Amber cried like a whiney baby after Ogakor lost their like 10th challenge..lol

10-07-02, 05:39 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Reward Info..."
Yes, and Tagi won spices too.
You reminded me about Amber crying--as I recall, that was the triage challenge, wasn't it?

If the dummies are to be rescued and the reward is spices again--
hmmm, I love this All New Challenge season.

10-07-02, 06:45 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Reward Info..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-02 AT 06:47 PM (EST)

You're on to something, OFG....Samburu won the spices, condiments, and odd food items like that ostrich egg, in an episode 4 reward challenge. And yes, the triage was episode 4 in the outback...Tagi won spices in Ep4....in Marquesas the episode 4 RC was the switch, so we had nothing to go from there....but yes, spices/condiments (things that make the nasty food you have taste better) is a good possibility.

10-07-02, 08:26 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Reward Info..."
No triage was episode 5 in the outback because Mitchell was not present I remember that..so Kucha won spices in episode 5 thats when Amber cried..

But you guys are right about Tagi and Samburu winning in episode 4 in their seasons..I think

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 08:33 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Reward Info..."
I posted this information here, in another thread. It was E5 of S2, and the prize was spices, etc.

10-07-02, 09:19 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Reward Info..."
Right, thanks ulalame and BMH.
Yes, and after Kucha won the triage they lost the IC and Kimmy was booted in Ep 5.

Definitely Ep 4 in S3, it was the race where MamaKim sucked so badly that she looked like the next boot, but then they did the house moving IC where she got to play architect and Samburu got to regret booting Carl and his upper-body strength. Bye to Mother Afrika...

Ep 5 in S3 was the switch, so no reward.

10-08-02, 05:55 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Reward Info..."
It just occurred to me that "valuable food items" might refer to CHICKENS (Ep 4 reward in S2. Remember how they had a pig AND chickens to eat at Kucha, so Kimmi was able to get attached to the chickens? Must have been the Ep 5 reward in S3--won by Boran. Ah, the memories of Clarence and that puny egg!)

"Indecision may or may
not be
my problem"

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-08-02, 06:42 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Reward Info..."
...how about Snickers Bars...or Doritos and Mountain Dew...it said valuable not nutritional.

Krautboy

10-08-02, 07:02 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Reward Info..."
Krautboy,
the word "items" struck me as something that gets taken back to camp and utilized as a resource, unlike something that gets gobbled up on the spot. So I'm still thinking either chickens or spices, but now I'm leaning towards chickens.

No doubt we will see a picnic soon, but this sounds different.

Maybe they win chickens and then lose one: the extremely valuable thing lost in Ocean's Surprise. (just kidding)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •