The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Spoiler from survivorfever.net"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-09-01, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Spoiler from survivorfever.net"
Ok, I went and looked at the video caps and saw a pic of tribal counsel, It looked to me like there were six torches. Hence Samburu goes to TC and loses the IC.

Tell me what you guys think.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Spoiler from survivorfever.net MDSkinner 11-09-01 1
   RE: Spoiler from survivorfever.net ivoryElephant 11-09-01 2
 RE: Spoiler from survivorfever.net I_AM_HE 11-09-01 3
   RE: Spoiler from survivorfever.net zzz 11-10-01 4
 RE: Spoiler from survivorfever.net TwinkyDik 11-10-01 5
   RE: Kelly and "the Necklace".... Dalton 11-11-01 9
 Clips are from EP5 TC... IceCat 11-11-01 6
   RE: Clips are from EP5 TC... diamond 11-11-01 7
       I Think the Shooting Process is Com... IceCat 11-11-01 8
           RE: I Think the Shooting Process is... I_AM_HE 11-11-01 10
               RE: I Think the Shooting Process is... IceCat 11-11-01 11
                   RE: I Think the Shooting Process is... I_AM_HE 11-11-01 12
                       RE: I Think the Shooting Process is... PepeLePew13 11-13-01 17
           RE: I Think the Shooting Process is... sleeeve 11-12-01 13
               RE: I Think the Shooting Process is... jessie 11-12-01 14
                   Watch the Motion Video... IceCat 11-12-01 15
                       RE: Watch the Motion Video... I_AM_HE 11-14-01 24
                   RE: I Think the Shooting Process is... shanana banana 11-13-01 23
                       RE: I Think the Shooting Process is... Loree 11-14-01 25
 RE: clearing up Bungler 11-12-01 16
   RE: clearing up Outfrontgirl 11-13-01 18
       RE: Pics of TC in Promos.....Not Sp... Dalton 11-13-01 20
   RE: clearing up savvy 11-13-01 19
       RE: clearing up Bungler 11-13-01 21
       clearing up who's who from Ice's po... PepeLePew13 11-13-01 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-09-01, 10:19 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Spoiler from survivorfever.net"
Is this cap posted somewhere. I have not seen it yet. If it is, please post a link.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 11:40 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Spoiler from survivorfever.net"
http://www.survivorfever.net/ep6-nov-9.html

theres the link.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-01, 11:53 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Spoiler from survivorfever.net"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-01 AT 11:54 PM (EST)

i don't see six torches, but i definitely see six people...so unless one of them is jiffy (but i think he's bottom right, above the CBS logo) its either Samburu going next, or a picture from last week, or from Ep 11(10?), or a doctored pic
i'm not sure what to make of it, but it seems there's at least a decent chance you have a legit spoiler there!

oooh, but that archery challenge looks fun!!!

edit to say the one on the left looks like it could be Tom

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 00:11 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Spoiler from survivorfever.net"
I agree--without being able to make out the faces, it is hard to know when it is from (and we all know MB's tricks by now). This is just the kind of shot he would plant to make us think--Lindsey--when the answer is really--Teresa (my pick at this point for E6).

TwinkyDik 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-10-01, 06:31 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Spoiler from survivorfever.net"
Check it out people....
Kelly in a black T (and without a GenX necklace. Maybe she removed it on purpose?)

And six people at TC. Second from the right is someone wearing a black T....

Well? Am I right or are you wrong?

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-11-01, 03:28 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Kelly and "the Necklace"...."
One thing was proven in E-5 was that Kelly showed up at the Samburu camp site "switch" WEARING her necklace!!!

It had NOTHING to do with the "other beaded necklaces" the GXA wear!!

Therefore, the fact that Kelly is not wearing the necklace has no spoiler value. Another "pic" inserted by MB in the promos which meant absolutely nothing!!

Jumping to the conclusion that one pic of Kelly wearing ANY necklace meant the GXA had recruited Kelly into their ranks was purely jumping to conclusions (i.e. "assuming" nothing was something!!!).

This is something MB is very good at doing; but after S-1 and
S-2....some of us aren't "biting at every baited hook" during
S-3!!

Dalton

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-01, 12:31 PM (EST)
6. "Clips are from EP5 TC..."
Here's a pic of Boran at EP5 TC:

Here's a frame from the EP6 Preview that shows 6 people and I think I can identify four of them:

Another frame clearly shows Frank and Ethan:

What made it difficult to recognize them was the fact they are wearing their travelling clothes, satchels, and packs and are just arriving at TC and are lighting their torches.

Silas' buff on the head is a dead give away, though.

It's the EP5 TC... no doubt in my mind.

September 11, 2001

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-01, 01:30 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Clips are from EP5 TC..."
IceCat - I agree with your analysis that it is from the Ep 5
TC. One thing I wonder, though (and I don't even think this
really matters), is why they would be lighting their torches
when they entered TC with them already lit. I have the
episode on tape, but I don't have the ability to do vidcaps.
However, there is no question that the torches are lit when
they enter. Perhaps in the photo above, it only appears
that they are lighting their torches, but they really are
not (which further supports that it is Ep 5), or perhaps
they came in, lit them, and then left and reentered with
them lit (better visual - we know MB likes that). In any
case, I don't really think it matters much, but it was
something I noticed.

"One of the few consistent pleasures of "Survival," we reflect, comes with watching the loathsome contestants get hurt. Does that make us bad people?" - Jeff Stark, Salon.com

11-11-01, 02:01 PM (EST)
8. "I Think the Shooting Process is Complex..."
Personally, I think they travel from the drop off/pick up point to the TC via bus. Then they do some set ups and shots for the tribal arrival - torches are lit and they shoot the required footage. Then they have to wait for the TC council set ups to be ready, so they put the torches out and wait. Once the crew is ready, the tribe members come back in light their torches, remove their travelling clothes and packs and sit down.

I think it is all very scripted and shot over a number of different setups. It probably takes more than an hour to shoot all of the individual TC sequences.

Then they are piled back onto the bus and they are transported back to the drop-off point where they relight the torches and make the relatively short trip back into camp. This is where they get the return trip footage going back to their boma.

It's not until everything is edited does it look like they do the simple:

Walk to TC, Talk/Vote, Walk back to camp.

The real process of shooting TV is much more complex and drawn out.

September 11, 2001

11-11-01, 04:54 PM (EST)
10. "RE: I Think the Shooting Process is Complex..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-01 AT 04:57 PM (EST)

IceCat, why do you say those are "clearly" Frank and Ethan?
in the Ep 5 shot, the team is stacked in two staggered lines. Frank is 1st on the top (2nd from left to right) and Ethan is 2nd on the top (4th from left to right)
but in the Ep 6 promo, they are in a straight line, and the two you say are Frank and Ethan are 1st and 2nd overall
now, i'm not saying you aren't right, but i think it's all very sketchy

if i had to take a guess, i'd keep with my original thought that the left hand person is Tom (though it could be Frank) and the one in black is Kelly (though it could be Kim J)

i guess it just goes to show we can all interpret these things very differently when the "evidence" is blurry (and none too reliable in the first place!)

but the one you identify as Silas seems to be a solid ID. the others i'm not so sure. and they could certainly reorder the survivors i suppose...

11-11-01, 04:59 PM (EST)
11. "RE: I Think the Shooting Process is Complex..."
The promo shot has all of the tribe standing and lighting their torches. They have not been seated yet and still carrying their packs, etc.

Franks clothes and hair color match exactly, and Ethan's dark hair makes his head almost invisible only given away by his shirt color. Silas' buff on his head gives his head a distinctive light stripe across it and the green color of his shirt is quite clear.

This is, most definitely, the EP5 TC.

September 11, 2001

11-11-01, 06:38 PM (EST)
12. "RE: I Think the Shooting Process is Complex..."
if this is the ep 5 TC, does that say anything? is MB trying to hide something from us? does he really care that much (lol) ?
if there IS some misdirection going on, does it mean he is trying to make us think samburu (6 ppl) are going to TC, when Boran really is? or that Boran (tribe in at least one photo) is going, when Samburu really is?
and are there shots in here of both TC 5 & 6?
i guess there's really nothing we can say for certain
*sighs*

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 00:04 AM (EST)
17. "RE: I Think the Shooting Process is Complex..."
Mark Burnett has clearly demonstrated by now that he will do just about anything to pull a fast one over the average viewer (and the majority of spoilers here, too). IAH, if you were here last week, you might have noticed Bungler picking apart the ep.5 preview by pointing out several examples where the ep.5 preview contained clips from a few prior episodes. Clearly the evidence being presented here shows that this is another such example of borrowing from a past episode.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-12-01, 01:48 AM (EST)
13. "RE: I Think the Shooting Process is Complex..."
>Personally, I think they travel from
>the drop off/pick up point
>to the TC via bus.
> Then they do some
>set ups and shots for
>the tribal arrival - torches
>are lit and they shoot
>the required footage. Then
>they have to wait for
>the TC council set ups
>to be ready, so they
>put the torches out and
>wait. Once the crew
>is ready, the tribe members
>come back in light their
>torches, remove their travelling clothes
>and packs and sit down.

I believe that the arrival shots are filmed at another time with the stunt doubles... we've heard in past Survivors that there is a large "grid" (with lights, etc) suspended above the TC set that takes a while to erect and take back down. Thus, only the relevant portions of the TC are filmed with the real cast, and their doubles are used for the overhead shots on other days when the set is not in use.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

jessie 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-12-01, 07:29 PM (EST)
14. "RE: I Think the Shooting Process is Complex..."
There have been several contestants that have talked about the long walk to TC... nobody's mentioned any "ride". Jessie even stated that they had to pratically carry her to her last TC because she was so weak. In S2, I believe the walk was about 3 hours! They start walking when it is light and don't arrive until after dark.

I do agree that the filming process would be more complex than what we see... as the cameramen have to be in certain places for some shots, but completely out of the way in other shots (like over head shots).

But, IceCat... I totally don't see the people that you identify... Ethan isn't the only one with dark hair, there is Brandon, LilKim, Teresa. The person that you identify as Frank, appears to me to be Tom... a lot of them have that coloured clothing, but it looks like that back of Tom, with his hat hanging down. The person wearing the black top must be Kelly as she is the only one I've seeing wearing a black top.

11-12-01, 09:30 PM (EST)
15. "Watch the Motion Video..."
The person you describe as Tom viewed from the back... is moving toward the fire pit to light their torch... not even Tom is stupid enough to walk backwards in the direction of an open fire pit.

The moving video sequences are just as important as the still vidcaps. Vidcaps can be very misleading if not viewed along with the motion video.

September 11, 2001

11-14-01, 09:34 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Watch the Motion Video..."
i think its Tom from the front, so no problems there for me ;)

but i do think you may be right in saying its Frank. but i'm still wondering if there are shots from two TCs in this promo...

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 04:13 PM (EST)
23. "RE: I Think the Shooting Process is Complex..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-01 AT 04:15 PM (EST)

>>>>>There have been several contestants that have talked about the long walk to TC... nobody's mentioned any "ride". Jessie even stated that they had to pratically carry her to her last TC because she was so weak. In S2, I believe the walk was about 3 hours! They start walking when it is light and don't arrive until after dark.
============================
This was something I brought up before, the walk to the TC. There is NO WAY they could walk through an African game park at night. *NO WAY.* Especially a three-hour trek. They would be killed within the first hour, even if they were accompanied by armed guards. There absolutely has to be a ride most of the way to the TC and back with a very short walk distance remaining. Although I think they have major cojones to walk at all outside their fenced area at night -- there's no way I would do that. There's plenty of animals roaming around at night and they're not afraid of a campfire, let alone a tiny flaming torch. Trust me on that.

They're obviously not showing the ride or announcing much about that fact in the news because it just makes for bad press -- oh, you gave them RIDES to TC?? I think the media would make more out of the fact that the contestants were appearing to be coddled then the inherent safety issues involved with such a plan. Plus, it simply lessens the drama aspect.

shanana banana

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 11:41 PM (EST)
25. "RE: I Think the Shooting Process is Complex..."
Maybe they make them hike to the TC while it is still light and safer. Then once they are there they have to wait until dark to do the shots of them entering in the dark with their lit torches.

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-12-01, 11:32 PM (EST)
16. "RE: clearing up"
just clearing up that the TC shot in the Ep 6 preview is another a red herring shot planted by EPMB. It's actually Episode 1's Tribal Council when Diane's torch quickly got snuffed. Here's a comparison of the preview 6 shot, and the TC1 shot.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 01:32 AM (EST)
18. "RE: clearing up"
IMHO, Burnett will NEVER stick a shot from an upcoming episode's TC into the promo--only past TC's. Why on earth would he?

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-13-01, 01:07 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Pics of TC in Promos.....Not Spoiler Material..."
I agree with the three posters above that MB is NEVER going to actually SHOW us the real upcoming TC in CBS promo shots.

He has always slipped in pics of PREVIOUS TC's or showed a pic of a previous TC with one person conveniently cropped off at the side...anything to confuse and confound viewers.

IF a showing of Boran at TC in an upcoming episode MEANS anything at all, maybe, perhaps...IT indicate that the SAME tribe will go to TC in said episode. But I wouldn't even count on that being the truth.

Basically shots of TC's are just "red herrings" to give people something to waste time thinking they mean something.

I wasn't born distrustful --- MB made me this way!! LOL.

Dalton

savvy 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-13-01, 01:03 PM (EST)
19. "RE: clearing up"
Actually, it appears to be the TC from Ep. 2:

Jessie's clothes match, as do Lex's (he's wearing olive pants and a black wifebeater)

Notice Jessie with the long hair hangin' dowwwwwn:

Ep1 TC shot (Lex has on a different shirt)

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-13-01, 01:19 PM (EST)
21. "RE: clearing up"
savvy, look at the shots above. My shot #42 is from the Ep 6 previews. The shot after that is from Ep 1's tribal council. They are virtually the same shot. It's definitely Ep 1's TC we're seeing in the Ep 6 preview.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 03:41 PM (EST)
22. "clearing up who's who from Ice's post"
>Actually, it appears to be the TC from Ep. 2:
>
>Jessie's clothes match, as do Lex's (he's wearing olive pants
>and a black wifebeater)
>
>Notice Jessie with the long hair hangin' dowwwwwn:
>
>

Good catch Savvy, this is clear evidence that this is Jessie with the long hair down over the white shirt, not Ethan as indicated by the green type from IceCat's post. Would you agree with this assessment, Ice?

This would mean that the person labelled as Frank is not actually Frank. Ethan always wears blue (as seen in the pic where Jessie is getting her torch snuffed out) so who would be the one wearing light colored clothing beside Jessie in the blown up picture? Clarence seems like he'd be considerably bigger than Jessie than what we're seeing in the picture.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •