The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ethan's alliances"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

icedancer 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-10-01, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ethan's alliances"
I know a lot of people think Ethan is in an alliance with Lex and Tom, but I think that is due to limited choices more than anything. While he gets along with them, I think he actually will like Frank better than Tom. I see a possible Ethan-Kim J-Frank-Teresa alliance. Ethan wants Clarence out since he will be a threat in individual IC's, and the whole Boran tribe doesn't completely trust Clarence. Clarence knows he is sort of on the outs, and I think he may risk trying to ally with any mallrats that make it to the merge like he did with Silas (IF Clarence makes it to the merge -- but I think he is a bigger target for the next boot than Teresa). Ethan knows that Frank and T are not going to vote with any old Samburus, so they are safe to form an alliance with. Ethan seems to have a good relationship with Kim J, and I think Kim J is more on Ethan's side than Clarence's. I do not think Ethan would betray Lex or Tom early on, but as the tribe thins out, I think Tom will get on Ethan's nerves.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ethan's alliances zzz 11-10-01 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-10-01, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ethan's alliances"
ice--

I think you have overlooked a few points. First, once you form an alliance, it is not that easy to just switch. Ethan formed one with Lex and Tom by the end of the first few days. He has even said in the last episode that the 2 people he was closest to personally went to Samburu. You don't just switch alliances at a whim like that because MB shook up the teams.

My second point is more strategic and is a combination of things I have said and others have said about Ethan's position right now. We cannot know for sure whether Ethan was ready to dump Clarence. But after the threat of a delayed merge there is NO way he can do it now. Next Boran TC, Teresa has to go. Otherwise Ethan is at risk of a 2-2 tie if they go back to TC in E7 (a time that should be after the merge but Jeff threatened may not) with no guarantee of winning the tie breaker (because Jeff did not announce Silas' vote and there is no guarantee who Clarence would vote for in E6 or whether it would be announced). Thus, Ethan has to stick with Old Boran and cannot join with Frank and Teresa (unless somehow Boran does not go back to TC prior to the merge).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •