The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A few housekeeping issues for S3..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-04-01, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"A few housekeeping issues for S3..."
For the S3 season, there's a couple of things that I'd like to make sure we're all aware of...

First:
The official vote thread will be started on Tuesday night (probably sometime between 6pm and 3am EST), by me. (unless/until Superman returns). Any vote thread NOT started by me (or Superman) will be locked and/or deleted... Starting it Tuesday night gives people a little less than 48 hours to cast their vote (which should be plenty of time).

The rules for the vote thread will be included each week in the initial post... it's easy... works the same as last season.

Second:
The official East Coast feed Thread was traditionally started by AyaK... however, with his impending departure, IceCat has agreed to start it, so, if there are no objections, he will start the thread each week.

All play-by-play comments should be placed in that thread. Everyone should feel free to add their comments/observations/analysis to that thread... New threads that contain information about the show that are posted while it is still airing on the East Coast *may* be deleted or moved to the East Coast thread.

This is to allow our West Coast members to use the spoiler board during the show, without having the actual episode ruined for them. It also allows spoiler access to any West Coasters that just can't wait another 3 hours (and keeps a summary in our archives, should we ever need one).

Beginning at 9 pm EST (immediately after each episode airs) anyone is welcome to start new discussion threads for the next week (so West Coasters who don't want the episode spoiled should avoid the spoilers board at that time)... but posts like "I told you that Lindsey was next to go" should be kept to a minimum... Bragging is natural, but our goal each week is to spoil the next episode, not feed our egos.

Third:
Last season, skierdude10 started an immunity vote thread each week. Since the first six episodes focus on team immunities, that thread will not be needed (ie: if you vote for someone from Samburu, you must think that Boran will win immunity)... after these episodes, we will discuss if and how to vote for immunity for the remainder of the episodes.

Finally:
I'd like to remind everyone that this is a threaded community. The board features allow us to keep related information under the same heading. While we allow our members to start any threads that they want, we ask that your thread contribute in some way to the effort of the board. In other words, if you wish to comment on a subject addressed in another thread, do it in that thread. If you have something new to share, a new thread is appropriate.

There is a lot of leeway on this, because it's hard to define what should be considered "related" and what should be considered "new" (since really every thread is striving to spoil the same aspects of the show)... obvious violations will be taken care of at the moderators' discretion, but our overall goal is to have fun.

SB has traditionally been a community with minimal flaming and minimal policing by the moderators. The basic guideline should be to respect the members of the community and to try to spoil the show. If everyone strives for this, we'll have no problems at all in the coming season.

Well... it's less than a week til Ep1, so let's get spoiling!!!

If anyone has any questions/comments about these guidelines, feel free to post to this thread... we're open to suggestions... this is just how it's worked in the past... Also, if you think I left anything out that our new members should be aware of, add it!!!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Excellent and Timely Reminders IceCat 10-04-01 1
 RE: A few housekeeping issues for S... LadyT 10-04-01 2
 RE: A few housekeeping issues for S... samiam 10-04-01 3
 RE: A few housekeeping issues for S... SherpaDave 10-04-01 4
   RE: A few housekeeping issues for S... sleeeve 10-05-01 6
       RE: A few housekeeping issues for S... Superman 10-05-01 8
           RE: A few housekeeping issues for S... sleeeve 10-05-01 9
               RE: A few housekeeping issues for S... SherpaDave 10-05-01 13
                   RE: A few housekeeping issues for S... sleeeve 10-05-01 15
           RE: A few housekeeping issues for S... VampKira 10-05-01 10
           RE: A few housekeeping issues for S... moonbaby 10-05-01 11
 Ya, what he said.... SurvivorBlows 10-05-01 5
 Suggestion dabo 10-05-01 7
   Aw Shucks... weltek 10-05-01 12
 RE: A few housekeeping issues for S... volmel 10-05-01 14
 Rules, rules, nothing but rules... Cherberrie 10-05-01 16
 bumping this for all to revue dabo 11-04-01 17
   RE: bumping this for all to revue ItzLisa 11-05-01 18
 *********SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER!!!!*... George Tirebiter 11-05-01 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-01, 09:46 PM (EST)
1. "Excellent and Timely Reminders"
Nuthin worse than a cluttered board during spoilin' season...

I always say...

September 11, 2001

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-01, 09:49 PM (EST)
2. "RE: A few housekeeping issues for S3..."
Thank you for posting this Sleeeve

GOD BLESS AMERICA

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-01, 10:43 PM (EST)
3. "RE: A few housekeeping issues for S3..."
Do we love our sleeeve? Yes, we do!

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-01, 11:54 PM (EST)
4. "RE: A few housekeeping issues for S3..."
Glad you posted. I was gettin' all set to start a vote thresd in Supe's absence.

The eyes are gone, the logo's back. Looks like the time where we'll be expected to use less resource-intensive graphics are just around the corner. Whee!

10-05-01, 00:24 AM (EST)
6. "RE: A few housekeeping issues for S3..."
You're welcome to have the job, if you want it, Dave...

I volunteered myself because last season we had vote threads started too early and by random people more than once...

If you're gonna do it, all that I ask is that you include the standard "rules" and that you wait until Tuesday night, as I mentioned above (if we post one too early, people tend to vote on gut instinct, rather than relying on the real spoilers... too late, and people don't have the opportunity to vote).

Let me know if you want the "job" by replying to this thread. Someone who thinks exactly like Supe would probably be pretty damn good at it.

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-01, 01:23 AM (EST)
8. "RE: A few housekeeping issues for S3..."
Superman will be more than happy to christen the new season by starting the first vote thread (probably before noon Tuesday).

Superman will then gladly hand off vote thread duty to his good buddy Dave or his good buddy sleeeve.

Superman will, from that point on, be the guardian of the vote thread, using his previously unseen superior flaming abilities to stop all vote thread rule breakers.

Superman will now stop refering to himself in third person because the pure snootiness of it sickens him.

10-05-01, 02:29 AM (EST)
9. "RE: A few housekeeping issues for S3..."
Great to see you, Superman!!!

Well... it's settled for week one, then... Dave: wanna do the rest?

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-01, 11:57 AM (EST)
13. "RE: A few housekeeping issues for S3..."
Tell ya what. Because of Supe's weird work schedule that disallows him from posting on some Tuesday nights... how about if Supes posts on those Tuesdays when he's available and I post on those that he isn't? Sound like a plan?

And hella good to see you, Supes!

The eyes are gone, the logo's back. Looks like the time where we'll be expected to use less resource-intensive graphics are just around the corner. Whee!

10-05-01, 05:50 PM (EST)
15. "RE: A few housekeeping issues for S3..."
>how about if
>Supes posts on those Tuesdays
>when he's available and I
>post on those that he
>isn't? Sound like a plan?

Sounds perfect !!!

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-05-01, 09:22 AM (EST)
10. "RE: A few housekeeping issues for S3..."
>>Superman will, from that point on, be the guardian of the vote thread, using his previously unseen superior flaming abilities to stop all vote thread rule breakers.<<

Yea!! Order will once again rule!

*hiya, Supe!!*

"No sign of the morning coming...you've been left on your own, like a rainbow in the dark." - Ronnie James Dio

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-01, 09:52 AM (EST)
11. "RE: A few housekeeping issues for S3..."
Does Superman like his kung-pao chicken spicy?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-01, 00:23 AM (EST)
5. "Ya, what he said...."
Ya, what he said...

(damn, these are almost like some "rules" -- could it be??? ...nah! )

Excellent job Triple-E! (get your minds out of the gutters boys)

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-01, 00:28 AM (EST)
7. "Suggestion"
That a variation of this material, called "Guideline for Spoilers Forum" or something, be placed somewhere, such as the BlowsVivor website was placed on the BlowsVivor Forum, for easy reference and revue, and particularly to allow newcomers a chance to understand the missteps they might wish to avoid.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-01, 10:46 AM (EST)
12. "Aw Shucks..."
It makes me smile to see all the SB Mom's & Dad's back here (ok, so some of you never left for the summer...)and ready to spoil another season. Anyway sleeeve, thanks for the rule posting, hopefully it will help get some order in this chaotic world. And good suggestion Dabo to post it somewhere "stable".

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-05-01, 03:02 PM (EST)
14. "RE: A few housekeeping issues for S3..."
Sleeve, I just feel downright perky when you start rattling off the rules and regulations.

*I* missed you the most.

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-05-01, 05:56 PM (EST)
16. "Rules, rules, nothing but rules..."
Thanks for reminding me why I usually stay away from this board.

Cherberrie

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-01, 10:40 PM (EST)
17. "bumping this for all to revue"
Speculation on what may happen on episode five hasn't run amuck or anything, in my opinion, but it could set off things relative to how things run for awhile, so I thought it would be a good time to bring this one back up to page one.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-01, 02:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: bumping this for all to revue"
Bumping dabo's bump! Ve understahnd zee rules, Mon Cap-i-tan!!! Thanks for whipping us into shape, Sleeevie! (well, really...just for plain whipping us!!! )

"Why is Bubbles bouncing on top of that boy?" (Pooh's daughter after viewing my sig pic)

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-05-01, 05:45 PM (EST)
19. "*********SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER!!!!**********"
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-01 AT 05:47 PM (EST)

Well, not really. . . Just borrowing a tactic from our favorite nonsensical duuuude to get people's attention.

Sleeeve, this was an excellent post, and in light of the 6-8 "twist" threads presently at the top of the page, I think it's something that you can't repeat often enough. Don't want to alienate new posters, but I'd like to emphasize that our reigning Spoilers crew has perfected their technique over the life of Survivor, and it really does help a LOT if everyone just follows the rules. Hate to see really important discussions repeatedly fall down the page because people are too lazy to read through things to see where they might ADD to a discussion already in progress.

Also--a lot of the SB community does nothing but READ this forum, and if they have to mess with duplicate threads, it gets discouraging and makes it even more difficult to figure out who they want to vote for. Spoilers is the nitty gritty of SB, and neatness counts!

Sleeeve/IceCat: Is there a way to condense this into something that would fit on the main forum page? With so many new registrants, it might be more useful than bumping this thread over and over each season.

GT

LMAO--edited to jump on mel and Itzy's bandwagon--keep it PERKY, folks!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •