The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nick's friends"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

GoColbster 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-12-01, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nick's friends"
I work in San Francisco, and this morning Nick was interviewed by a couple of local DJ's. They asked him which survivors he considered friends, and he said Rodger, Elisabeth, and COLBY. In fact he said that he recently spent some time traveling with Colby in Las Vegas. I realize this isn't THAT shocking since there has been much speculation that Colby doesn't even make it to the final four, and as they did spend 2 weeks together in Barramundi. Just food for thought.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Nick's friends mavsfan 04-13-01 1
   Mavsfan, this flames for you shakes the clown 04-13-01 2
       RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you mavsfan 04-13-01 3
           RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you desert_rhino 04-13-01 4
               RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you SurvivinDawg 04-13-01 5
                   RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you desert_rhino 04-13-01 7
           RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you Play2Survive 04-13-01 6
           RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you jkkeller 04-13-01 9
               RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you Kokoro 04-15-01 13
       RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you GoColbster 04-13-01 8
           RE: Vegas janisella 04-13-01 10
               RE: Vegas mavsfan 04-13-01 11
               RE: Vegas Loree 04-14-01 12
                   RE: Vegas crocodilehunter 04-15-01 14
                       RE: Vegas PepeLePew13 04-15-01 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-13-01, 02:41 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Nick's friends"
It looked to me like Colby and Nick were already forming a friendship BEFORE Nick was voted off. If Colby does win the $1,000,000 and wants to blow $40,000 - $50,000 in Vegas, who would he be MORE likely to invite along to help celebrate than Nick?

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-13-01, 02:51 AM (EST)
2. "Mavsfan, this flames for you"
> If Colby
>does win the $1,000,000 and
>wants to blow $40,000 -
>$50,000 in Vegas, who would
>he be MORE likely to
>invite along to help celebrate
>than Nick?

...oh I don't know, how about a fleet of high priced call girls for one.

And on the serious side of this flame, you have to be pretty clueless at this stage of the spoiling game to think that the winner has access to that money before the show is over.

You need to get out of the pool son, it's "adult swim" hour.

04-13-01, 04:11 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you"
Oh, you've got to be joking!!!

Or do you just enjoy MAKING UP an excuse to flame?
Then again, maybe flamming is just easier than thinking and making a rational argument .

Don't you realize the $40,000-$50,000 is purely an arbitrary number to illustrate the point that Colby and Nick hanging out at Vegas is NO SPOILER AT ALL regarding if Colby wins or loses?
Colby being in Vegas with Nick is completely in line with the possibility of Colby winning and CELEBRATING. (ZERO proof Colby loses).

Now for the WEAKEST part of your arguement, access to the money. If Colby has won, and has $1,000,000 coming to him in a couple of weeks, then spending some of his personal savings, or oh, I don't know, maybe dipping into $40,000-$50,000 dollars from his Custom Auto Design business isn't unreasonable.

YOU ARE AWARE AREN'T YOU, that Richard started a major renovation project on his house before the broadcast of survivor I was over? That would be AFTER he won, and knew he had the money, but BEFORE the show was over and presumably a check was cut. Sorry I take that back. If you were aware of that, you wouldn't have shown such ignorance by claiming Colby can't be celebrating, he doesn't have the money yet.

If you need me to draw some pictures so you can understand this better, please let me know.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-01, 10:16 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you"
Richard was ALREADY pulling down a SOLID 6-figure income, long before S1 came along. House renovations aren't at all surprising, and wouldn't be, even if he "lost."

-- JV

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-01, 10:24 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you"
You're missing Mavsfans' point, desert_rhino. The point is that if Colby KNOWS he has the money coming, it MIGHT cause him to do something like a big Vegas trip.

But it is indeed hard to truly glean any spoiler info out of this. Nick and Colby probably started talking during the pole-standing IC as they waited. They've had time to get to know one another as contestants. They'll have more time UNLESS Colby is one of the Final Two. Their personalities might mesh, causing them to keep in touch with emails, etc.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-01, 12:08 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you"
Well, I'll concede that's possible, but then again, the Corn-Cobster *IS* the type that would "hit Vegas" every now and again. (more on the "again" side, I'd wager.) (god DAMN it, I am NOT trying to load this with "betting" puns.)

-- JV

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-13-01, 11:55 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you"
And.....there's no way to confirm that the winner knows they are the winner because the lock-box has finally been confirmed. Richard knew at this point. S2 winner very well may not. This is a silly argument anyway, let's just move on.

jkkeller 24 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-01, 12:20 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you"
Hey Gang, we're forgetting about something here...

The players can't be certain WHO wins the million dollars. The best they can know, is that they've made it to the final two. If what we have been told about the sealed lockbox is true, then nobody needs to be spending $40-50,000 in Vegas!

(For the record, Kelly's second place earnings last season, were $100,000. This might not be a firm number, because Amber wasn't sure how much she would be awarded, when she appeared on Regis an Kelly.)

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-15-01, 01:20 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you"
Amber will recieve $50,000....but that's before taxes, so maybe she just isn't a great math student?

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

GoColbster 16 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-01, 12:08 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Mavsfan, this flames for you"
Thanks, Shakes, for not flaming ME. I know I'm new here and I did not INTEND this to be some MAJOR spoiler. As I said in the original post, I KNOW that Colby and Nick spent quite a bit of time together in the merged tribe and that is possibly how they became friends. (Although I wonder how they could really get to know each other in the midst of game strategy, especially since they were originally from different tribes.) Anyway, I just wanted to add this tidbit to the swirling pool of speculation, if only as a side note.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-01, 09:17 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Vegas"
Weren't they in Vegas for the premiere of Eco-Challenge? Wasn't Mitchell (who was the 4th person voted out and made almost nothing) with them? Am I missing something or is there some story out there about Colby gambling an outrageous amount or something?

J.

04-13-01, 09:52 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Vegas"
Sorry if I confused anyone or got them off track. I'm not trying to say that Colby has spent any outrageous sums of money in Vegas or anywhere else. All I was trying to say is that trying to guess how long people stay in the game by who are friends seems to me to be tenuous at best. There are plenty of reasons for Colby and Nick to be friends/hangout together other than because Colby leaves the game quickly. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-01, 01:57 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Vegas"
Yes I also heard that their birthdays are all around the same date and they decided to celebrate together in Vegas. I don't think it means anything they were there together.

crocodilehunter 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-15-01, 02:28 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Vegas"
They were all there for the premier of Eco-Challenge. (nothing new here) I do believe that Nick's crush on Colby developed further after they were booted. He talks about Colby in every interview he has done. Most see Colby going next, but I don't see that happening yet. Colby may be the next target, but Rodger may go due to Colby once again winning immunity. Or.. Keith may be the next target, and he wins immunity.. once again, forcing Rodger to be the next bootee. I believe Colby will win immunity again though, and Tina will win the reward challenge.

Mavsfan... you wouldn't happen to be a Dallas Mavericks fan... would you?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-01, 01:12 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Vegas"
>They were all there for the
>premier of Eco-Challenge. (nothing new
>here)

yep, absolutely no spoiler value in my opinion about the Vegas trip -- Colbster loves to live the high life and pass out in parking lots, and Nick & Bitchell are still young lads... Vegas is as good as any place for people like that to hang out in for fun (other than Daytona Beach...)

>I do believe that
>Nick's crush on Colby developed
>further after they were booted.
>He talks about Colby in
>every interview he has done.

hmm, this wouldn't give any credence to the "rumour" that two survivors are living together? nahhhh <grin>

>Most see Colby going next, but I don't see
>that happening yet. Colby may be the next target, but
>Rodger may go due to Colby once again winning immunity.
>Or.. Keith may be the next target, and he wins
>immunity.. once again, forcing Rodger to be
>the next bootee. I believe Colby will win
>immunity again though, and Tina
>will win the reward challenge.

I think it's more likely that Keith gets shish-ke-babed if Colby wins IC, due to the spat they're previewing and the desire to keep peace around the camp -- they've shown a tendency to boot out people who are creating tension in the camp when it's an opportunate time.

>Mavsfan... you wouldn't happen to be
>a Dallas Mavericks fan... would you?

go Raptors! (and Vince-sanity)

"I tell ya... something stinks here"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •