The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Daily News Spoiler"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rube 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-14-01, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Daily News Spoiler"
Wading through old articles, and found this one from Daily News dated Jan. 10, and posted on the Ellipsiiis page.

Half-truths from the mouth of MB:

"The most interesting thing was, we had people knowing everything -- they had watched the show, so they knew exactly how they should behave -- and yet they made the same mistakes," Burnett said. "They're this close to theyr goal, and they're going off on someone and costing themselves another vote. It was unbelievable to us, and a great lesson about humans: Even when we think we have a great plan, we still mess up."

Link at http://www.ellipsiiis.com/survivor/press-dailynews.shtml
---

I think there's a chance he was talking about the Colby/Keith fight that is being hyped this week. I agree with a lot of people on this board that nothing comes of the Colby/Keith spat this week, its a red herring so that people think Colby gets booted, and Ogakor regroups and boots a Kucha.

BUT, I think MBs quote may tell us that either Keith or Colby make the final two, and don't get the others vote.

It could also be talking about Jerri, although less likely since Keith wasn't "so close to the goal" when they got into their major fights.

Clearly it must be something that happens post-jury, since MB talks about "costing them a vote"

Since it is unlikely that Colby gets to go to the final 2, barring a big immunity run, I think this could be an indication that Keith is in the final 2, and doesn't get Colby's vote.

Then again, we shouldn't believe anything MB says. . .

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Daily News Spoiler desert_rhino 04-15-01 1
 Hi Rube! AyatollahKhomeini 04-15-01 2
 RE: Daily News Spoiler sleeeve 04-15-01 3
 RE: Daily News Spoiler ulalame 04-15-01 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-01, 00:15 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Daily News Spoiler"
He could also, very easily, be referring to Rodger's slip about the blame for the location of the camp.

-- JV

Look out for the Camo-Rhino!

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-15-01, 00:25 AM (EST)
2. "Hi Rube!"
Rube, I want to give credit where credit is due. That is one of the very few first posts I've ever seen that is truly worthy of its own thread.

I've been wondering about this comment too. In all honesty, I thought it was a reference to the Kelly-Soozin fights last year, and so I could easily see it applying to Keith and Colby. On the other hand, Kelly and Sue continued to vote together until Kelly changed her vote in the E13 round 1 tiebreaker to boot Sue instead of Richard. Keeping that in mind, I don't think it tells us how Keith and Colby (unless we see a better fight coming up) are going to vote THIS WEEK... but I do see it as an indication of potential jury problems for SOMEONE!

Of course, we also know about an existing potential jury problem for one of the remaining people, due to Jerri's comments about Tina. We'll see if there are any more.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-15-01, 00:44 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Daily News Spoiler"
Excellent spoiler, Rube!... I followed the link that you provided, and read the article, before reading your analysis that followed (I usually try to do this so that I don't have a warped opinion about what I'm about to read) and I immediately came to the same conclusion that you did.

Personally, I think the fight will not affect the TC vote this week (otherwise we wouldn't have seen it in the previews), but I think it may come back to haunt one of the two survivors.

This, coupled with Jerri's revenge quote, leads me to think that Keith is likely in the final two.

What if he ends up losing the whole thing by one vote... Colby's...

Hmmmm... it's really too early to tell, but thanks for bringing this article to our attention...

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-15-01, 12:33 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Daily News Spoiler"
It could also be a reference to Tina -- her style of playing and the comments she made at the last tribal counsel I think she is most closely parallelled with Kelly from the original survivor. And, why was it that Kelly lost? She was perceived as being two-faced, a back-stabber. She tried to befriend the Pagongs, but in the end that move alienated her own tribe. Plus, we all know how she earned the wrath of Soozin.

Here, Tina has already gone a long way toward alienating the Ogakors -- she has participated in the betrayal and ouster of Jerri and Amber, and likely will get Colby soon. Plus, her comment at the last tribal counsel along the lines that the most deserving candidates were still in the game couldn't do much for Alicia and Nick's opinion of her.

I think the focus of the comment should be what "mistakes" the first round of survivors made. The winner, Rich, made no mistakes as far as I can see. Obviously, Pagong made the mistake of not forming a voting alliance going into the merge, but that was not the case here. The glaring "mistakes" I can identify are the things that Kelly did which caused her to lose. In addition to alienating certain Tagis, she also underestimated the jury's evaluation of Rich. Obviously there was editing involved (i.e. we do not know how much MB obscured the real sentiments of the survivors toward Rich), but it appeared to me that Kelly thought her best chance stood against Rich, as he was the least liked, but it turned out she was wrong. Perhaps something similar happens here (i.e. the person with immunity when 3 remain picks the person to go to the final two that ends up winning).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •